• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First evidence of a season 1.0 DVD/BD release

From the friendly neighbourhood TVShowsOnDVD.com

Spoiler:

And I quote directly from their site:
    It's probably safe to assume that this title will be available to own in time for the holiday gift-giving season, and allow fans to catch up on those episodes before new episodes arrive in the new year. But these 2 menus are literally ALL we have at this time about Caprica - Season 1.0 on home video. We don't have a release date, pricing, package art, or even whether these menus are from a release on DVD format or on high-def Blu-ray Disc. These were just some teasers made available to retailers, and which our contacts forwarded to us to share with our readers. And they could still be subject to change, please note. But we'll update you as further developments occur, though, so stay tuned!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Oh great, another half season set....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      Oh great, another half season set....
      bsg started the craze
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This makes me sad and happy.
        Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

You know, for a second there I was hoping it was the entire season 1 dvd set. Should've known better as a pessimist/realist.
          Mia: Don't you hate that?
          Vincent: Hate what?
          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            bsg started the craze
            Unfortunately...yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              bsg started the craze
              Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              Unfortunately...yes.
              Very unfortunately. Though I think the first network to do it was actually HBO, with the final season of Sex and the City. And then again with the final season of The Sopranos.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

fortunatly in europe I still only see entire season DVD sets...

I do understand the reasoning behind splitting them up... you can bring the first half out sooner so you beat some of the pirating... of course the biggest reason is probably that they can milk the fans by bringing out two halfs for a price that exceeds the whole and then bring out the whole season in one some time later with some new extra material so the more loyal fans will want to buy that too...
                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Actually, the first half of the season will be released on October 11th in the UK... It's been up on Amazon for a couple of months now:
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Caprica-Seas...=1TUHESTG1VOQ1

Comment

The rumour mill continues to spin....

Late this afternoon we received word from a reliable industry contact about the release date and cost for this title. It should only be considered a rumor for now, because it's not confirmed through the studio at this time. But our source has proven accurate enough in the past that we feel good about passing along the "gossip" that Caprica - Season 1.0 will be available on October 5th, at a cost of $49.98 SRP in the USA and CA$57.99 SRP in Canada.

Only a DVD version was indicated; there wasn't any Blu-ray talk. And no other new details about the title were available, and of course this is still early unconfirmed info that is subject to change.

This would appear to coincide rather nicely with the UK release date that Osiris posted above.

Comment

Working...
                    X