Destinys Underside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destinys Underside

Okay well I was looking at some of the screen caps from the season finale there to find myself a nice wallpaper, and I noticed that the underside of Destiny seems to have as complex a design as the side we see most often and I think its something that we haven't really considered when discussing Destiny..

I attached the screen cap, and you can clearly see what appears to be 2 domes similar to the damaged one on the upper side, plus those large fin like structures don't seem to have any purpose other then asthetics, which is odd cos from what we've seen of other ancient ships they don't really consider the outer structure of the ship, aurora class ships look like a tube with loadsa bits stuck on, and destiny really has a similar appearance.. it doesn't make sense to only have those fins streamlined.. Im thinking they may play some role into the ftl, its possible that Destiny was designed the shape that it is because some sort of aero dynamic shape is needed for efficient ftl travel.

Also with those domes, they appear as if they're just the opposite of the ones above which seems to point to gravity being reverse in them.. I can't think of the exact way of explaining it.

Discuss
    Attached Files
    I dunno what to put in here now..

I know that when it flies through a star, collectors drop out of the bottom, maybe that's got something to do with the fins too, who knows It is just as cool underneath as above though
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I can't see any domes.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        I can't see any domes.
        Me too, I think those enlightened "convex" parts are big windows, like those which are on the observation deck. So, I guess those are more or less, large rooms with a lot of windows, for whatever.
        sigpic

Comment

well you could say that that they are big greenhouse , but that would be irrelevant because they would have no sunlight in DFTL , and to much sunlight when resupplying
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I'm right now, not quite sure, what you're talking about, but if you refer to the "enlightened convex parts", I thought about artificial light, like from those lamps you find everywhere on Destiny. The light you see on several dozens of spots there on the underside of Destiny must came from somewhere inside the Destiny, not from outside the ship, some of those spots may be windows, and the big ones looked like large windows, for me. But maybe you're talking about different things, in this case, just ignore the entry.
            sigpic

Comment

No you are referring to the right part , maybe they are observation decks
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Yeah, the one we know already has those big windows.
                sigpic

Comment

I think that maybe the fins are a structural thing as well as being the housing for the Elevators which run the length of the ship as well as up and down.
                  The fins may also be the conduits for running power to the whole ship.
                  They could be for storage as well who knows!

Comment

For those Domes some of you are refering to, it would have to be a good peice of engineering because you would have to get flipped
                    upside down.You would also have to sort out the gravity issue. Its Possible Though.

Comment

Maybe the fins have something to do with aerobraking maneuvers.

Comment

Aerobraking in space ? why ?
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                          Aerobraking in space ? why ?
                          did you not watch Darkness and Light?
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I've seen those episodes so many time but i am sure there is no air on a star so why aerobraking
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                              I've seen those episodes so many time but i am sure there is no air on a star so why aerobraking
                              Not on the star in the gas giant.
                              Heres some screen caps.
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...m=895&pos=1315
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...m=895&pos=1316
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...m=895&pos=1317
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...m=895&pos=1318
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...m=895&pos=1319
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...m=895&pos=1320

Comment

Working...
                              X