PDA

View Full Version : The Event (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers to be tagged)

Madwelshboy
August 1st, 2010, 12:46 AM
7 ways The Event will be like Lost (and 1 way it won't)

Looking for a new show to get obsessed with now that Lost is over? We sure are. We've been hurt before, though. FlashForward promised to be good to us but left us crying in a tub of Haagen-Dazs. But come September, NBC will be offering The Event to viewers who are ready to take a chance on another big mystery.

The show's producers and stars laid out the reasons The Event could be our new Lost when they spoke at the Television Critics Association press tour on July 30 in Beverly Hills, Calif.

http://blastr.com/2010/07/8-ways-the-event-will-be.php

The Event's Mysterious Mysteries

NBC's new series The Event is a mystery – that much is clear, but little else is. The ads for the show have been very vague, and while I've actually seen the pilot, it's hard to discuss without feeling I'm giving too much away, particularly involving what occurs at the end of the pilot (but I will say it's pretty dang cool what happens). What I can say is it involves a group led by Laura Innes' Sophia; a young man (Jason Ritter) on vacation with his girlfriend (Sarah Roemer), only to have her seemingly vanish; and the president of the United States (Blair Underwood), who finds himself in the center of a crisis.

Speaking to the press today at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, executive producer Evan Katz noted that when it came to the secrets of show, "We're very cognizant of the audience's patience - of rewarding the audience. The show is designed to keep them hooked. We're keeping mysteries open, but we're also solving them." Katz added, "In the second episode, we are very clearly answering the two largest open questions in the pilot."

continues:
http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/110/1109684p1.html

The Event Videos

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/057/057223/vids_1.html

The Event Images

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/057/057223/imgs_1.html

Madwelshboy
August 1st, 2010, 12:49 AM
SDCC: The Event Screened

Most of the one-hour panel devoted to The Event at San Diego Comic-Con was spent showing the pilot episode to an eager audience looking for the next Heroes, Lost or 24 now that those shows have disappeared from the TV schedule. We got a chance to watch along with everyone else, so what did we think?

continues:
http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/110/1108405p1.html

Blair Underwood teases 'Event' character
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s123/the-event/news/a252151/blair-underwood-teases-event-character.html

tomstone
August 28th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I noticed the commercials while Persons Unknown and some other series, though I havent seen the trailer till now. I really hope its going to be something good to riddle about and also not be about aliens.

To be honest, from what I have seen and read, it will probably play out to be a plot by the World Goverments to hide Alien Intelligence. That or maybe Meta-humans, but both of them have been done. So I am sceptic, but still hope.

What are your opinions?

Spimman
September 20th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I'm skeptical but excited about "The Event" although if it is similar to Lost in that we never find out what the event (or Lost Island) is until many seasons in the future I'm going to bug out and catch the DVD's.

Whether it is aliens, meta-humans, another intelligent lifeform sharing earth now coming forward, dimensional portal, end of world or something else I won't get upset that "it's been done" because everything has but I'll enjoy it if it is an original and captivating way of telling the story that leaves me always wanting more!

I guess we'll discuss it tomorrow, even though we aren't going to find outwhat the event is this week.

Spimman
September 20th, 2010, 08:54 AM
First 4 episode titles

Episode 1 “I Haven’t Told You Everything”
Episode 2 “To Keep Us Safe”
Episode 3 “Protect Them From the Truth”
Episode 4 “A Matter of Life and Death”

Source (http://www.spoilersguide.com/the-event/the-event-episode-1-episode-2-episode-3-episode-4-titles/)

Spimman
September 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Won't have to wait long for answers

“That was definitely something I wanted to do – making sure that we would give the audience major answers every week and then keep setting up new questions, new problems and new mysteries.”

Nick Wauters full interview (Event Creator)

MattSilver 3k
September 20th, 2010, 10:21 AM
The Event's premiering tonight... Will I see a new Lost (Yay!), or a new FlashForward (Ugh)? TIME WILL TELL... but the pilot's a good start.

Spimman
September 20th, 2010, 11:16 AM
The Event's premiering tonight... Will I see a new Lost (Yay!), or a new FlashForward (Ugh)? TIME WILL TELL... but the pilot's a good start.

I really kinda hate the hype surrounding this show, because I don't think it will meet up to Season 1 of Lost which may have been the best Season 1 of any show ever, but will it be a great show? I hope so.

Mike.
September 20th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I just watched the pilot - and it's pretty awesome. The approach is similar to Lost - building realistic well-rounded characters and watching the events unfold around them / because of them. The pilot had a very good blend of actual story together with some drama. We've got hints of a government conspiracy, sci-fi elements and a lot of room for action and suspense in future episodes.

It was very well done and I've got high hopes for it.

And a 747 going through a hyperspace window. Hells yeah!

mr_kennedy
September 21st, 2010, 12:45 AM
That was pretty intense, I think im going to like this show, i loved how they did a scene from different characters perspectives, while it was pretty darn confusing i thought it was awesome at the same time

Wonder where they went?

MattSilver 3k
September 21st, 2010, 03:55 AM
Yeah, I liked it a lot. The characters that are meant to be sympathetic are sympathetic right off the bat, and the ones that aren't are mysterious and stuff without being overt and overly 'I R MYSTERIOUS!', which is fantastic. Of course, I've heard of shows with great pilots and crappy follow-ups, but I have some positivity in my mind for this show. It's certainly off to a good start. :)

KEK
September 21st, 2010, 05:49 AM
I had mixed feelings. The episode ended on a high, but for the majority of it all I was thinking was how hard they're trying to be the next Lost, and how hard they were failing. The jumps in time missed a lot of musical cues and were ridiculously jarring at times, not fun to watch. Interesting enough to make me want to see what happens next though, so still better than the majority of TV out there IMO.

Spimman
September 21st, 2010, 06:06 AM
First - I'm not expecting this to meet up to Lost standards.

Overall I was really impressed. My one main complaint is that sometimes all the jumping around between different people and periods in time got a little confusing. Some parts were a bit slow, but they ended up paying off. I loved how we kept getting little hints about "The Event"

The lady saying past President's haven't helped us. So I guess this has been around at least 10+ years but I suspect longer, or they've known it was coming.

It's "them"? Aliens or what? Not sure I guess.

The ending with the plane being transported somewhere was quite a cliffhanger, but I'm so glad things have progressed rather quickly and aren't moving at a snails pace like some shows do.

Sp!der
September 21st, 2010, 07:17 AM
I really tried to like it.--- and at the end I did. I hope it does not get the same end like FlashForward (Which I hated!)... I like the actors (most of them) and the characters are likeable, yes it tried to be LOST for some parts but we have just to ignore it because if you compare every other show with LOST you are not able to enjoy it much. For its own it was a decent start and Im gonna stick to the show, hope its gonna past season one.

jelgate
September 21st, 2010, 08:48 AM
The show was okay. The flashbacks got annoying but the mystery and action kept my entertained through out the episode. Especially that ending. For spoiler reasons I won't mention in detail but it shocked me. Now to the ratings....

The Event got a 7.5 HH 18-49 and scored 11 million viewers for its premiere

\http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/21/tv-ratings-monday-dancing-castle-two-and-a-half-men-up-lone-star-no-star-the-event-hawaii-five-0/6433 (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/21/tv-ratings-monday-dancing-castle-two-and-a-half-men-up-lone-star-no-star-the-event-hawaii-five-0/6433)

Sp!der
September 21st, 2010, 09:14 AM
The show was okay. The flashbacks got annoying but the mystery and action kept my entertained through out the episode. Especially that ending. For spoiler reasons I won't mention in detail but it shocked me. Now to the ratings....

The Event got a 7.5 HH 18-49 and scored 11 million viewers for its premiere

\http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/21/tv-ratings-monday-dancing-castle-two-and-a-half-men-up-lone-star-no-star-the-event-hawaii-five-0/6433 (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/21/tv-ratings-monday-dancing-castle-two-and-a-half-men-up-lone-star-no-star-the-event-hawaii-five-0/6433)

are these numbers good for a new show?.... i am not sure...

EvilSpaceAlien
September 21st, 2010, 09:41 AM
I rather liked it. It's not the best I've ever watched, but I'll stick with it for now.

jelgate
September 21st, 2010, 09:59 AM
are these numbers good for a new show?.... i am not sure...

I don't know yet. We'll see how far the numbers decline after the premiere

Spimman
September 21st, 2010, 10:11 AM
I don't know yet. We'll see how far the numbers decline after the premiere

I can't speak for other viewers, but I'm committed to at least one more week. The thing is:

1) Whatever "The Event" is it can't be stupid (so far it looks kinda cool)
2) Nor can they leave it a complete mystery too long (seems like that won't be the case)

I will add, it seems like a pretty well thought out cast up to this point, which is cool.

Sp!der
September 21st, 2010, 10:36 AM
I rather liked it. It's the best I've ever watched, but I'll stick with it for now.
you mean its not the best ive ever watched, dont you? ;)

EvilSpaceAlien
September 21st, 2010, 10:41 AM
you mean its not the best ive ever watched, dont you? ;)

D'oh! Fixing it now.

the fifth man
September 21st, 2010, 06:50 PM
I watched the premiere, and thought it was pretty good. I will definitely give this show a shot, and see how things go. One thing is for sure - I want some answers about what is going on. Not just more and more questions piled on.

Skydiver
September 21st, 2010, 07:26 PM
i think the main thing that had me watching....there was nothing else on.

it was okay. interesting, but the flash backs got really annoying really fast

i think one thing that's gonna bug me is the one guy being 'erased'. I hate that powerlessness. (and any one wanna take a bet that one of the other 'side' will be outed by wearing the fiancee's ring?)

at this point in time it's worth another viewing, but it'd quickly become expendable if something better was competing

Angela V
September 21st, 2010, 09:17 PM
Did anyone else feel like they needed a flow chart while watching this? I don't mind flashbacks because well I made it through 6 seasons of LOST! But this one episode was really making me feel dizzy. I hope there won't be so much jumping around because it does seem like an interesting show.

Browncoat1984
September 21st, 2010, 10:24 PM
I got the feeling from the previews that one: It was being hyped waay to much (my dad and I got sick of seeing at least one or two commercials for it during every commercial break during Chuck, okay, we get it, it's on in an hour!) but aside from that, these types of shows I only get into if they make it past a second season (unless it's part of a franchise like Stargate that I love), because otherwise, like FlashForward, what's the point? Also the fact that from the previews they were totally ripping off Lost with the whole style of the series was really turning me off, especially with Lost having recently gone off the air.

Madwelshboy
September 22nd, 2010, 02:13 AM
Any scoop on what comes next on The Event? I'm so confused already! — Colin
MICKEY: The producers promised that they'd be doling out answers quickly, and they weren't lying! Episode 2 reveals both how Sophia and the other 96 detainees of Inastranka came to our country and where that disappearing jet (with Michael and Sean on board) went. Both answers involve crashes. On the other hand, when President Martinez asks more difficult questions — namely, how and why did those two events occur? — Sophia is not forthcoming.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz-Criminal-Minds-House-1023393.aspx

Commander Zelix
September 22nd, 2010, 02:18 PM
I think the first episode of The Event was a great sci-fi thriller.

I truly love the way the flashback were done and I think the characters are all pretty interesting not only for their personal life which I rarely care on tv but about how they react to the plot like in any good thriller. I think every scenes were really well written and made sense. Contrary to lets say 'Person Unknown' in which the reaction of the character don't make sense even it it was watchable for the plot. Same with Flashforward or with Lost in season beyond the second season in which the characters reactions didn't make sense anymore considering their background and motivations. Season 1 and 2 of Lost was incredibly great though in term of characters reactions to the peripety while the plot always added some mysteries over other mysteries.

Osiris
September 23rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
I agree with everyone that the first episode was kinda confusing but still promising with a "WTF was that?!" ending. I'm also glad to see Laura Innes in a new show. I loved her in ER.

the fifth man
September 26th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I am glad that we will apparently be getting some answers in tomorrow nights episode.

EvilSpaceAlien
September 28th, 2010, 04:35 AM
That was actually a pretty damn good episode! Looks like I've found a new show to enjoy this fall. Though I'm not going to get my hopes up about renewal until I see the trend in the numbers.

MattSilver 3k
September 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Yes, I was glad that the pace was kept up, and everything felt pretty damn good. The Shawn/Leila first meeting scene was great, as was the President/Sophia interrogation. So yeah, everything's cherry right now. Hope it keeps up.

jelgate
September 28th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Spoiler tags Matt;). Not everyone has seen it yet

In ratings news, The Event scored a 2.9 18-49 demo in both half hours. 9 PM saw 8.893 million viewers while 9:30 9.063 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/28/tv-ratings-monday-lone-star-flat-out-dead-chuck-the-event-chase-five-0-all-fall/65393

Commander Zelix
September 28th, 2010, 10:36 AM
While interesting it was not as good as the first episode. Since not much has happened it seems its the kind of series that are much better watching on DVD than having to wait a week to know what's next. Something I really did for Lost (season 1 to 4) with much satisfaction.

latvian_stargatefan
September 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I really don't understand how people can get dizzy watching a TV show. I watched the pilot and episode two and the flashbacks had no effect on me. I dunno.... whether it's the age thing (older people's brains aren't used to how stories are told nowadays etc.) or that some people's brains are simply not working properly (I don't want to call anybody stupid)...

Ok with The Event, but I remember there were the same type of comments after SGU pilot... That contained some flashbacks and basically from one period of time (like Lost), not jumping from 5 years in the past to future. And still there were people who said they felt dizzy... The same as I don't understand similar comments about shaky cam.

KEK
September 28th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I can't say that I felt dizzy, it just seemed a bit pointless, and the transitions were unnecessarily jarring. Lost did a much better job of switching between times.

Osiris
September 29th, 2010, 02:26 PM
That was a very good second episode. Hopefully, the quality will remain as high for the rest of the season.

Skydiver
September 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
There is such a thing as people having vision issues which can effect their viewing. For example, it's been said that some cannot watch 3D movies because the 3D effect literally makes them sick. (In the same way some people simply cannot see those 'stare at the image until you see the hidden part of it' posters)

How about accepting that some don't like the effects or transitions in the show without making snotty remarks or veiled insults.

Tanith0709
September 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I wasn't the biggest fan of the first episode, to me the time jumping was done a little too often and it just felt completely random and that was enough for me to loose interest a bit. But the ending intrigued me to watch the next episode.

Then I watched episode 2 and it was 110% better. I loved the storyline, the pace and even quite liked the placements of the time jumps this time round. To me they provided useful background information for the plot at the right moments. If future episodes are like episode 2 I have no doubt that I will enjoy this series.

mr_kennedy
September 29th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I must agree, episode 2 was alot better than episode 1, the pilot felt like Lost on roids :lol: it was just so confusing

Coco Pops
September 30th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Anyone know what the ratings for this are like in the USA? We have had it start here last week and so far it's gotten mixed comment and review. I watched the 1st and 2nd episode but not sure if I like it or not and leaning towards the negative becuase of the over use of flashbacks IMHO

mr_kennedy
September 30th, 2010, 02:53 AM
I like it, i like a show that makes me think about things (although this nearly gave me a headache in the pilot :lol:) i dont see they show going past 4 seasons tho maybe it will get the same amount as lost who knows

As for the ratings http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010 usually has them :)

KEK
September 30th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Anyone know what the ratings for this are like in the USA? We have had it start here last week and so far it's gotten mixed comment and review. I watched the 1st and 2nd episode but not sure if I like it or not and leaning towards the negative becuase of the over use of flashbacks IMHO

11 million for the first episode, dropped to less than 9 for the second.

Coco Pops
September 30th, 2010, 09:10 PM
11 million for the first episode, dropped to less than 9 for the second.

Yikes!!!!!!!!! huge drop

jelgate
September 30th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Yikes!!!!!!!!! huge drop

Most shows drop after thier pilot. Yes it was more then normal but lets see what they stablize at.

Gamma626
October 2nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
The first episode was terrible. I thought I was done with the show. But I tune in again because I am a fan of Jason Ritter. Much improved. Still not at all good, but decent enough for me to give it a couple more episodes.

Skydiver
October 2nd, 2010, 06:40 PM
i watch largely cause there's nothing else on

IMHO, they want the show to be a success, i hope it's planned only for one season, beginning, middle, end, wrap it up and tell the story cohesively, don't just milk it and milk it and drag it out past its prime

Sp!der
October 3rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
I just watched the second episode.. nah... Ill pass.... otherwise it gets beyond season one.

knowles2
October 3rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Interesting but I am not sure whether the depth of story there for a entire season let alone a series, seem to lack other plotlines an stories needed to expand the show. These might be introduce later during the series but they tried that with Flashforward an it got them cancelled.

I like the two episodes so far, through I really wish we have local smart cops for once an they drove around the lone trooper.

An also it seem that writers choosen to ignore the media in the entire storyline an the internet, mobile phones with video cameras, at dozens if not hundreds of people would sure the incident. A cover up an manipulating media may of work in 20th century but it just does not cut it in the 21st century. The footage would of been on Youtube in seconds, Twitter an Facebook also. There no way to contain that.

An to me leaving the pilot body at the crash, talk about leaving a trail for someone to follow. But I see that infiltration of the government is pretty high level, especially if they manage to rebuild some of there technology on this planet an manage run entire rogue operations behind the president an what seem the entire government in Washington.

An I am not really sure I agree with how they are portraying the president, it seem to much like a clone of Obarma rather than a actual character for the show.

So are they future humans, past humans connected to the Alantis or some other supposedly advance civilisation, or are they aliens genetically altered to look like us. Or are they aliens that look like us an share mostly the same DNA an are here to solve the mystery or why we are so alike.

Hope we see more of there alien space craft in the future an find out what the Government been doing with it.

MattSilver 3k
October 5th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Third episode was pretty boss. Big ol' government conspiracy... with aliens! What's not to like?

Of particular note is Sean himself, who makes his secret agent moments all the more badass by not actually being anyone special or anything. Poor guy's going to be put through the ringer, I'm sure.

jelgate
October 5th, 2010, 10:11 AM
The Event saw a 2.4 in the 18-49 demo and had 7.46 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/05/tv-ratings-monday-the-event-drops-chuck-tops-chase-with-adults-18-49/66655

These declining numbers are starting to concern me

KEK
October 5th, 2010, 01:57 PM
While the last episode was pretty good, I was struggling to get through it. Just felt like between V, Lost and Fringe, I've seen this all before.

knowles2
October 5th, 2010, 04:48 PM
I am not surprise the numbers are falling, this clearly a programme which a lot of people are going to wait until it gets its 2nd season, people have been burned to many times by unresolve story lines, FlashForward for instant, Heroes, an many others it not surprising numbers are dropping, most people I know simply will not tune in because they fear the story will go unresolved.

mr_kennedy
October 5th, 2010, 09:59 PM
^ Its something about that timeslot..........

This episode was pretty good, now Sean has an FBI agent on his side

knowles2
October 6th, 2010, 01:42 AM
^ Its something about that timeslot..........

This episode was pretty good, now Sean has an FBI agent on his side

An he a hacker, an the entire group behind seem worried about him, I am guesting also it going to turn out that the women who taken his girl was not the only one trained at a NSA young person safe house.

Very good episode, I was shock at the ending when they all started to come alive. which is something I never sure coming, the cover up getting more complicated by the second, it only a matter of time before it all starts to fall to pieces.

I wondering why Thomas is so important to there operations.

But the ending that girl killed her boyfriend an they said they been dreaming of this for a long time, I am thinking more of future humans now than aliens infiltrators an that there biology was change so that they would live for a very long time. An they are here to change something, The event in the future. Something which is not in the interest of the Government or of our futures, something that if it got out would make the government kill them instantly.
An they should really put some camera an microphones in the interrogations rooms.

globex
October 7th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Is this even sci-fi or is it what NBC seems to call Science fiction these days(Drama)? This ain't a rhetorical question btw.

KEK
October 7th, 2010, 06:24 AM
It's sci-fi.

the fifth man
October 7th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Great ending to the last episode. My guess is that these people are indeed future humans. I really hope we get the answer by the end of this season (just in case it is the only season).

LoneStar1836
October 10th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Great ending to the last episode. My guess is that these people are indeed future humans. I really hope we get the answer by the end of this season (just in case it is the only season).That was my guess after watching the first and second episodes. Missed last week's.

the fifth man
October 10th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Tomorrow night should definitely be interesting. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Coco Pops
October 10th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Great ending to the last episode. My guess is that these people are indeed future humans. I really hope we get the answer by the end of this season (just in case it is the only season).

I thought they were labeled "non human" by the government dudes..... And what about all the ones coming back to life. Yay for zombies

Skydiver
October 12th, 2010, 04:25 AM
i thought they were basically human, just some differences in the blood? they certainly pass physically for humans

what i can see that we have is two warring factions in the govt. those that want to keep the crash victims locked up, those that want to let them free. a wild card is the escaped crash victims that have infiltrated all over the place, that seem to be helping the 'let them free' side, but i think the second the 'let them free' changes they'll turn and become violent...and we have the guy and girl caught in the middle. Who's good and who's bad? who knows yet. and i'm sure it'll flip and change at least once before the end of the season.

I didn't catch all of last night's eps, but all this fake out is getting old. It gets frustrating to see people continually manipulated and lied to. (i was watching the girl in the police station going 'umm, how come they aren't investigating the shooting? how come no one is sent over to check things out? wouldn't the cuts on her wrists and ligature marks support her story? how come no one is looking at those?....we can only hope that she wises up and realizes she's being played)

The show in intriguing, but honestly, it needs to just last a season or two at the most and then let it end. This continual 'two steps forward, one back' gets tiring and people get fed up if they feel they're being played.

I honestly think the future of tv programs aren't always 'let's run it into the ground' but rather 'here's a 20 episode serial with a beginning, middle, end, enjoy it while it's on'. and i think that's what this needs to be. a short run series that concentrates on teh story rather than how much it can be milked.

Coco Pops
October 12th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I agree. After the 3rd episode I'm tiring of the flashbacks... And also the constant jumping from plot to plot with what seems no logical progression or link.

KEK
October 13th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Ratings trend after ep 4:

The Event (NBC) – 9 p.m.
9/20/10 – Viewers: 10.88 million; A18-49: 3.6/ 9
9/27/10 – Viewers: 9.06 million; A18-49: 2.9/ 7
10/04/10 – Viewers: 7.56 million; A18-49: 2.4/ 6
10/11/10 – Viewers: 6.45 million; A18-49: 2.2/ 5

I'm guessing the number will even off somewhere around 5 million.

Skydiver
October 13th, 2010, 07:26 PM
better settle down, cause it's decreasing by the week

people do get tired of being dragged along

right now the main reason i watch it is because there's nothing else on at hte same time that i want to watch

Coco Pops
October 13th, 2010, 08:44 PM

The Event (NBC) – 9 p.m.

Is that enough to keep a show going?

the fifth man
October 13th, 2010, 09:03 PM

I sure hope so. I think this is pretty decent thus far.

Coco Pops
October 13th, 2010, 09:40 PM

The Event (NBC) – 9 p.m.

Oh also where are you quoting these figures from? Can you post a link?

KEK
October 13th, 2010, 09:42 PM

Sounds like it's going to get cancelled from the articles I've read.

http://blastmagazine.com/2010/10/12/tv-ratings-monday-the-event-and-chase-done-lie-to-me-in-danger/

NBC was in fourth for the night, and its Monday night slate keeps getting worse; cancellation looms for “Lost” wannabe “The Event,” which drew only 6.5 million viewers and a 2.2 rating, and “Chase,” which fell to a 1.5 rating and 5 million viewers. “Chuck ” is also on its last legs, with a 1.9 rating and 5.3 million viewers and 8.

Oh also where are you quoting these figures from? Can you post a link?

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63310451/m/592104723

jelgate
October 13th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't call it cancelled yet but it can't go much lower.

Coco Pops
October 13th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Ouch....... I hope it doesn't get cancelled ..

Maybe the over hype was a factor in the decline. People expecting more then there was

Skydiver
October 14th, 2010, 04:29 AM
hype probably hurt it. they oversell a show and then it turns out to be a random average show....people are getting tired of being played.

One reason for lost to be so big, well first they were one of hte first of their kind - the watch to see the answers show - but it, when it started, wasn't hyped to death. It was just a new series with a mystery. In each episode of the event, sure a lot happens, but as a grand sum of plot movement, they end the show just inches away from where they started it.

the last episode

sure shawn and the fbi chick escaped and leila 'escaped' and is 'safe' but really, nothing changed from the beginning to the end. the fib chick still only mosta believes him, leila is still captive, the captives are still captive and all we know is that sofia has an idea how far her friend will go and the plane passengers are back to dying. there's a lot of resetting and not much overall progress of the plot

the fifth man
October 14th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't call it cancelled yet but it can't go much lower.

It really seems like the success rate for new shows gets lower and lower every year. If this gets canceled, I will continue to lose faith in the viewing public. Especially with how well idiotic "reality" TV does for the most part. I don't think a lot of people know how to enjoy actual shows anymore.

jelgate
October 14th, 2010, 10:08 PM
It really seems like the success rate for new shows gets lower and lower every year. If this gets canceled, I will continue to lose faith in the viewing public. Especially with how well idiotic "reality" TV does for the most part. I don't think a lot of people know how to enjoy actual shows anymore.

The numbers for success seem pretty much the same this year to last year but people watching live has been on decline for years

knowles2
October 15th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I like the show personally, an I like how it moving. I do wish they remove the time frame the flash take place in, it annoying seeing text come up on screen all the time.

I am going to go out on the limb here a say our hacker guy is a second generation alien/future human/alien Hybrid. Probably Human mother an mysterious father.

It clear that the plane people are the free ship people only trump card, an what ever been done to them,
I think the president guest right they do not have the means or the capabilities to break them out. An what we have seen as the supposedly infiltration of the government will turn out to be a secret partnership between the two. Which explains everything we have seen, NSA agents, chinhook helicopters.

I think girlfriend need to get freed an soon, her captivity is start to drag along. But at least the hacker got a trump card now, her son gonna get it if he does not get his girlfriend back.

I wonder how far Sofia going to let get before she intervenes, I personally do not think she want any of us humans to die.

She calling herself immigrants does tend to point to aliens more than future humans.

Looking at the numbers Nielson has randomly guest for this show, the amount of people watching the show, 5-6 million people is all they are going to get for a genre TV series, either they going to have to learn to live with it or stop making them, I prefer the first option..

An Lost was Anomaly that was successful because it was a new kind of show, it was allowed to find it audience naturally an organically with out the hyped. The event also seem to think it viewers are dumb an impatient for answers, why Lost treated them as if they were intelligent. Also it evolve into a complex story an did not start off as one.

The longevity of the programme depends on why Sofia people are here an what they were running from or to an how can that part be expanded upon over the seasons.
The current stories lines already feel like they are coming to therw end game. So I hope they got other games planned.

Skydiver
October 15th, 2010, 07:44 PM
i agree with the 'second generation' idea. there's something different about him, and being an offspring is a good thought.

Coco Pops
October 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM
The numbers for success seem pretty much the same this year to last year but people watching live has been on decline for years

Maybe because people don't like being messed around with watching a show .... They want to be entertained not have to think too hard to enjoy a good show.....

jelgate
October 15th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Maybe because people don't like being messed around with watching a show .... They want to be entertained not have to think too hard to enjoy a good show.....

Its more likely that DVRs and Internet streaming allows people on their schedule instead of when CBS,NBC,ABC, and Fox say so

Coco Pops
October 15th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Its more likely that DVRs and Internet streaming allows people on their schedule instead of when CBS,NBC,ABC, and Fox say so

That too.......... But in general I find people don't like to be teased in shows or a show that requires you to think more then you need to. Eventually the novelty wears thin......

jelgate
October 15th, 2010, 10:51 PM
That too.......... But in general I find people don't like to be teased in shows or a show that requires you to think more then you need to. Eventually the novelty wears thin......

People can't be generalized like that. We all watch our show genres because of our choices.

Starfist
October 16th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Is this series worth watching?
Channel 4 here in the UK are about to start showing it.

ttyl
Starfist

knowles2
October 16th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Is this series worth watching?
Channel 4 here in the UK are about to start showing it.

ttyl
Starfist
If you have not seen any of the episodes I say avoid until we find out whether it is getting renewed as I got the feeling they have no intention of wrapping up the story in one season or whether all the episode with be made.

Starfist
October 16th, 2010, 03:45 AM
If you have not seen any of the episodes I say avoid until we find out whether it is getting renewed as I got the feeling they have no intention of wrapping up the story in one season or whether all the episode with be made.

Thak you.
I will keep my eyes on the forum.

ttyl
Starfist

Sp!der
October 16th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I watched the first episodes... I know I said they are good.. they were.. but after some point they literally lost me.... so I will also see and wait how the show will develop and watch it then... because I dont want to have another FlashForward on me..

Morbo
October 17th, 2010, 07:06 PM
disjointed storytelling is its main weakness.
also, bad acting.

the fifth man
October 17th, 2010, 07:55 PM
also, bad acting.

You think so? Overall, I don't see that. A little touchy here and there, but nothing too glaring. I really hope this show can find a way to keep on going.

knowles2
October 18th, 2010, 06:20 AM
also, bad acting.

I did not notice bad acting in the show.
I actually think the acting been OK not up to Lost standards or SGUs but it been okay .
At least the acting is not has bad as Haven which was terrible in the first 5 episodes anyway or Merlin which has gone down a lot in acting department especially Morgana character.

Overall I think that one of it stronger points.

I do not find the story disjointed at all either in fact is makes the show more interesting an dynamic, especially if they just told the story in a linear path which is boring in my book.

Coco Pops
October 18th, 2010, 06:28 AM
How can that girl the kidnapped girl shot be alive still and so fast at the police station had killed the cops there?

This is bizarre why even bother kidnapping a stupid girl?

knowles2
October 18th, 2010, 06:45 AM
How can that girl the kidnapped girl shot be alive still and so fast at the police station had killed the cops there?

Well simple, it seems her boyfriend lived a solitary life, as least up till he met his girfriend, she may be his only family an there only leverage.

What ever happen between the girlfriend being kidnapped, him running out of the hotel reliesing his girl been kidnapped an the girl parents being killed, an know the plane is going to be hijacked, he must of found out something which links everything together, something which kidnappers do not want to get out or back to the president. We can also reasonbly guest that the hacker have some training in evasion tactics keeping him one step ahead of the people that want him. Which seem to be people related to the NSA junior spy programme, she was trained at one there safe houses, we know the CIA been compromise, it make sense the NSA have been to. An what theses agents are up to is anyone guest. But I am going to say it a rogue operation being organise either by infiltrators or by people in government who want to keep everything a secrete.

The key to the question is what did he get up to after he ran from the security guard in the Hotel room.

I am sure everything will be cleared up if the show is not cancelled before it time.

Coco Pops
October 18th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Well simple, it seems her boyfriend lived a solitary life, as least up till he met his girfriend, she may be his only family an there only leverage.

What ever happen between the girlfriend being kidnapped, him running out of the hotel reliesing his girl been kidnapped an the girl parents being killed, an know the plane is going to be hijacked, he must of found out something which links everything together, something which kidnappers do not want to get out or back to the president. We can also reasonbly guest that the hacker have some training in evasion tactics keeping him one step ahead of the people that want him. Which seem to be people related to the NSA junior spy programme, she was trained at one there safe houses, we know the CIA been compromise, it make sense the NSA have been to. An what theses agents are up to is anyone guest. But I am going to say it a rogue operation being organise either by infiltrators or by people in government who want to keep everything a secrete.

The key to the question is what did he get up to after he ran from the security guard in the Hotel room.

I am sure everything will be cleared up if the show is not cancelled before it time.

Yeah what confused me was the hostage girl shot the dark haired girl. Then in the next few scenes she's alive again in the cop station where the hostage girl was and they're all dead...

I'm confused how she got there so fast? Wasn't she shot?

LoneStar1836
October 18th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Yeah what confused me was the hostage girl shot the dark haired girl. Then in the next few scenes she's alive again in the cop station where the hostage girl was and they're all dead...

I'm confused how she got there so fast? Wasn't she shot?She had loaded the gun with blanks.

It was all a set up in order to allow the girlfriend to escape and call the guy they are after...Sean or whatever his name is.

They kidnapped her initially to force her father to fly that plane. Sean got away when it crashed so they then needed her to capture him for whatever reason.

Coco Pops
October 18th, 2010, 08:36 AM
She had loaded the gun with blanks.

It was all a set up in order to allow the girlfriend to escape and call the guy they are after...Sean or whatever his name is.

They kidnapped her initially to force her father to fly that plane. Sean got away when it crashed so they then needed her to capture him for whatever reason.

Ah........ "Light goes on" What no lightbulb icon?

Maybe Sean is one of these non human people.......

Mike.
October 18th, 2010, 08:43 AM

I'm confused how she got there so fast? Wasn't she shot?

Later in the episode they showed that the bad guys loaded the gun with blanks. It was all a ploy to get her to call her boyfriend - and inadvertently lead him into a trap.

Why the girl was kidnapped:
1. She was the pilot's daughter - this was their leverage against him - "hijack and crash the plane or we kill her, like we killed your wife"
2. Now it seems her boyfriend is siring up a lot a lot of trouble so they haven't killed her yet to lure him in.

Small details are very important in this show. I love it. :D

knowles2
October 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Ah........ "Light goes on" What no lightbulb icon?

Maybe Sean is one of these non human people.......

I think he second gen, Mother human an the father is the alien. He said his father disappeared when he was young an his mother was drug addict, I think that what he said at the thanksgiving meal. But we do not know whether that is the truth or not, he tried to lie his way out of telling anything in the first place an then turn to a sob story to get sympathy. So I am thinking he lied about the whole story.

I be surprise if he an actual first gen alien through.

Ian-S
October 18th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Just watched the first 4 episodes and urgh, come here and find it's on the verge of cancellation, screw you NBC.

You'd think that after Threshold, Bionic Woman, Knight Rider etc. etc. they'd learn to either give this genre program a chance to find an audience, or just not make them at all (or let Sciffy make them).

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

TheRandomOne
October 18th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Just watched the first 4 episodes and urgh, come here and find it's on the verge of cancellation, screw you NBC.

You'd think that after Threshold, Bionic Woman, Knight Rider etc. etc. they'd learn to either give this genre program a chance to find an audience, or just not make them at all (or let Sciffy make them).

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Last I read it might get a full Season pick up ? But getting past the first Season is questionable

jelgate
October 18th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Last I read it might get a full Season pick up ? But getting past the first Season is questionable

It depends how they. If it was to stablize the next episode a S2 probably would happen. The fact this is NBC is a benefit someway. Their standards are lower due to some less then smart business situations

jelgate
October 18th, 2010, 09:30 PM
The Event Gets Full Season Pickup

Through October 11, “The Event” has averaged a 3.0 rating, 7 share in adults 18-49 and 9.1 million viewers overall in “most current” averages from Nielsen Media Research. “The Event” has generated a 30 percent improvement in the time period versus year-ago “most current” results for NBC in 18-49 rating (with a 3.0 rating vs. a 2.3) and a 47 percent increase in total viewers (9.1 million vs. 6.2 million). On a percentage basis, “The Event” was the most time-shifted new series in adults 18-49 during premiere week from among the ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox primetime lineups, with 35 percent of “The Event’s” “live plus seven day” rating being accounted for by time-shifting. Additionally, “The Event” was licensed to nearly 200 territories internationally even before its U.S. premiere, and is launching in numerous regions abroad to impressive ratings

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/18/nbc-orders-full-seasons-of-the-event-outsourced-and-law-order-los-angeles/68521

Look at the spin:P

knowles2
October 19th, 2010, 01:12 AM
The Event Gets Full Season Pickup

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/18/nbc-orders-full-seasons-of-the-event-outsourced-and-law-order-los-angeles/68521

Look at the spin:P
So what, I am glad it getting a full season at least, but it still on my avoid list until its gets second season.

I do like the way it was launch in so many territories at once, I wonder if it paying of for them. An also whether they may have the 24 effect here, the first season did a very adverage ratings in the US but in the UK it did huge ratings an was well supported by the BBC, from the writers I remember them saying that what eventually convince Fox to order a second season in the end.

Probably one of the few times international number had a effect on the studios.
We shall see once the show airs in the UK.

jelgate
October 19th, 2010, 10:03 AM
This one felt intense to me.

I actually believed Martinez would kill Sophia and the others and that Thomas wouldn't back down. That whole tough negotiation was very realistic to me. Furthermore I am glad they finally ended Leilia being a hostage. It was getting a little old but I am still at a loss what their connection is to the alien’s storyline. How the Vicky assassin is tied in confuses me deeply. I love it.:D

But enough about my thoughts you care about the ratings. Well I have good news the numbers are stable being pretty much even with last week. The Event got a 2.2 in the 18-49 Demo with 6.37 million viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/19/tv-ratings-monday-chuck-the-event-house-steady-hawaii-five-0-bests-castle/68579

Ian-S
October 19th, 2010, 03:41 PM
ah good maybe it's not gonna be canned just yet :D

Coco Pops
October 19th, 2010, 04:41 PM
How is Leila no longer a hostage?

Is that the girl Sean is trying to find?

jelgate
October 19th, 2010, 04:43 PM
How is Leila no longer a hostage?

Is that the girl Sean is trying to find?
He rescued her from Vicky in last night's episode by blackmailing her

KEK
October 27th, 2010, 12:14 PM
The Event
- 5.973 million viewers
- 3.7/5 HH
- 2.0/5 A18-49

Still falling, but no where near as drastically.

Krystal
October 27th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I hope this show doesn't got cancelled, it reminds me of a combination of The 4400 and Flash Forward. And the 1% thing of the aliens reminds me of the Scifi series Prey. I see this after Sanctuary and find it interesting so I look the first episodes online and it hook me up instantly. But seeing Flash Forward dissapear too soon it make me wonders and hopefully it doesn't have the same result. So far I totally love it, and looking forward to know more about the aliens, the event etc.

And what will happen with Lee now.

Starfist
November 1st, 2010, 12:56 PM
I caught an episode on friday on Channel 4 here in the UK.
And I liked what I saw.

the fifth man
November 1st, 2010, 06:36 PM
I can't wait for the next new episode. After how the last one ended, I really want to see what happens now.

KEK
November 9th, 2010, 06:41 PM
The Event
- 5.539 million viewers
- 3.6/5 HH
- 1.7/4 A18-49

Starfist
November 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Due to my crazy shift pattern this month.
It looks like I'll have to wait for the DVD box set.

Coco Pops
November 13th, 2010, 07:19 PM
So has the story advanced much????????

It's vanished off our TV screens here.

the fifth man
November 13th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I like the direction this show is headed in. I really hope it makes it.

LizzieAnne
November 14th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Due to my crazy shift pattern this month.
It looks like I'll have to wait for the DVD box set.

You can watch episodes on the Channel 4 website. They're all on there at the moment and pretty reasonable quality as well.
I saw 3 in a row to catch up...I'm really enjoying this.

Starfist
November 14th, 2010, 10:39 AM
You can watch episodes on the Channel 4 website. They're all on there at the moment and pretty reasonable quality as well.
I saw 3 in a row to catch up...I'm really enjoying this.

Thanks.
I'll have to give it a go.

ttyl
Starfist

DigiFluid
February 4th, 2011, 11:51 AM
The Event's return has been pushed back a week (http://airlockalpha.com/node/8239/nbc-delays-return-of-the-event.html) to resume after The Cape finishes its shortened season.

the fifth man
February 5th, 2011, 09:13 PM
The Event's return has been pushed back a week (http://airlockalpha.com/node/8239/nbc-delays-return-of-the-event.html) to resume after The Cape finishes its shortened season.

After this wait, what is another week?

jelgate
February 5th, 2011, 09:25 PM

To burn off The Cape first moving The Event out of February sweeps which have less competition

DigiFluid
February 5th, 2011, 09:30 PM

To burn off The Cape first moving The Event out of February sweeps which have less competition
Unless I've read fifth's post wrong, it was 'who cares if it's another week after having already waited this long', not 'why'.

jelgate
February 5th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Unless I've read fifth's post wrong, it was 'who cares if it's another week after having already waited this long', not 'why'.

I read it more of why. In the end it really doesn't matter

Stormtrooper
March 8th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Anyone still watching this?

I really liked the latest episodes.

LizzieAnne
March 8th, 2011, 11:22 AM
It's back on Channel 4 in the UK this Monday 14th March. I'll be watching..I'm really enjoying it.

Heaven
March 8th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Anyone still watching this?

I really liked the latest episodes.
yeah me too
Leila's story finally got interesting
and Blake at Innostranka was excellent
let's hope for more episodes like that

Osiris
March 9th, 2011, 05:40 AM
The two new episodes were really good but I don't think they are going to be enough to win viewers back...

Homer 120
March 9th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Sadly I don't see ''The Event'' returning for a 2nd Season. But apparently the finale is supposed to provide closer, we'll see. Season 1 ends May 23rd.

the fifth man
March 9th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Sadly I don't see ''The Event'' returning for a 2nd Season. But apparently the finale is supposed to provide closer, we'll see. Season 1 ends May 23rd.

I don't see it coming back either. I will continue to watch until the very end though.

TheRandomOne
March 10th, 2011, 05:16 AM
The two newest episodes were great. But to little to late

Anthonyr1391
March 12th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Any one Watching it? Im enjoying it quite a bit

jelgate
March 12th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Any one Watching it? Im enjoying it quite a bit

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?76270-The-Event-(NBC)-News-Discussion-Speculation-*Spoilers-to-be-tagged*&p=12401621#post12401621

Enjoy it while you can. Its sure to be cancelled.

the fifth man
March 12th, 2011, 09:17 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?76270-The-Event-(NBC)-News-Discussion-Speculation-*Spoilers-to-be-tagged*&p=12401621#post12401621

Enjoy it while you can. Its sure to be cancelled.

While that is a shame, it probably isn't false. I will enjoy it until the end.

the fifth man
March 12th, 2011, 09:18 PM
The two newest episodes were great. But to little to late

Yeah, they were very good. All we can do is hope for a miracle.

Heaven
March 13th, 2011, 05:27 AM
I don't feel like I need a miracle with this show, I really think they should have aimed for a miniseries from the beginning. the first half was way too slow.

shows like this and the recently canceled FlashForward should realize they don't have enough story elements for multiple seasons.
take 4400, they started as a miniseries, had a very well-planned short first season which was a success, then they were picked up for more seasons.
if shows like The Event and FF did the same, they probably would have done much better.

Angela V
March 17th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Sadly I don't think this show will survive. Though I love it and never found it "too slow". Got my hubby hooked and now he's not happy it may not come back. Though if they bring some closure that would be nice.

the fifth man
March 24th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Sadly I don't think this show will survive. Though I love it and never found it "too slow". Got my hubby hooked and now he's not happy it may not come back. Though if they bring some closure that would be nice.

Just some closure won't be enough for me. I am sick of good shows being canceled. It has really hit its stride too, at least IMO.

tomstone
March 29th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Wow, the last Episode actually managed to make me care and I start to hate the President of this incarnation a lot.

TheRandomOne
March 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM
He will be the biggest hypocrite on the Planet & should step down from being President if his wife does turn out to be one of them & he ends up okay with it after his recent actions. If she turns out to be one of them she should end up dead or he steps down from being President

tomstone
March 29th, 2011, 11:53 AM
He will be the biggest hypocrite on the Planet & should step down from being President if his wife does turn out to be one of them & he ends up okay with it after his recent actions. If she turns out to be one of them she should end up dead or he steps down from being President
I have not kept up with the Series that much, but that sure would be a bold move to make his wife one of the others. I just see that he is developing to be the villain of the Season and I dont really approve of that. Especially with the new development that it seems to be Earth or Death for these People.

TheRandomOne
March 29th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I have not kept up with the Series that much, but that sure would be a bold move to make his wife one of the others. I just see that he is developing to be the villain of the Season and I dont really approve of that. Especially with the new development that it seems to be Earth or Death for these People.

I guess he does have a point that if Sophia came clean to him in the beginning with why they are there & told him about their Planet dying he may have had even agreed to help Sophia & Thomas get the rest of their people there. But Sophia did tell him nothing & at the same time just killing all of them is a bit extreme

tomstone
March 29th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I guess he does have a point that if Sophia came clean to him in the beginning with why they are there & told him about their Planet dying he may have had even agreed to help Sophia & Thomas get the rest of their people there. But Sophia did tell him nothing & at the same time just killing all of them is a bit extreme

I understand why Sophia did not tell him in the first place. She thought they could return and find another inhabitable World, but she had no idea that her World was dying sooner than expected. While at the same time experiencing how Humans feel about Aliens and knowing how fear over their home might get us to take stupid actions.(Like blowing up the People, that could just as well contribute to all Humanity) After everything that happened, there is no simple solution anymore. The President only sees them as threat that cant be trusted and they cannot go anywhere else anymore. This Story could actually become entertaining.

knowles2
March 30th, 2011, 02:37 AM
I disagree these people are just as bad if not worst than we are.

If my son killed 20 people just for not following me I would kill him myself and yet Sophia did not even bring it up and it did not seem to bother her at all when she finally came face to face with him in the church.

Michael, Leila dad went to war to Vietnam, when it would have been easy for him to avoid going and wanted to have a fire fight with several hundred special forces in a building with his daughter in it, instead of just finding a empty space and sitting it out.

Why I think Sophia was a reformer on her planet and one of the few I suspect much of there races cares little or nothing of us humans, the Simon look down on her in the last episode, I think he believe she was a new beginning for there species but now he rely that Sophia is just the same as the rest on his planet. He will become a ally for us humans.

I suspect they are a pretty violent species and make us humans look peaceful in comparison. Sophia and a few people are not as bad as the rest but they are still stuck in there way. She always had a fear of more of her people coming hear, which they have not explain yet but I suspect the above.

The Event as taken some time to get going certainly but why I can rip apart episode 15, no bug on simon, no remote cut off on the bus engines, the inability of the Apache helicopter to fire more than 1 missile at a time , I certainly feel no need to.

I just hope they explain who Dempsey is by the end of the season, I suspect he a guardian angle or someone they appointed on earth and they are a species that protects planets inhabited by intelligence life from colonisation by other alien species.

I suspect the last episode we will see him and the president stop Sophia people from coming to this planet. He will then offer Sophia a way to save her species. Which is the true purpose of his project with the Girls.

I also suspect that the hacker guy is somehow related to Dempsey.

Osiris
March 30th, 2011, 04:18 AM
The second half of the season has been amazing so far!

I really didn't expect the president to kill two third of Sophia's people! The Jura caves paintings introduce a new mystery into the show and I just hope enough will be revealed before the season/series finale...

The Washington monument collapsing was epic!

knowles2
March 30th, 2011, 07:14 AM
The second half of the season has been amazing so far!

I really didn't expect the president to kill two third of Sophia's people! The Jura caves paintings introduce a new mystery into the show and I just hope enough will be revealed before the season/series finale...

The Washington monument collapsing was epic!

I do not think that was two thirds of there people, there were many more people than that at that Hotel conference than they showed in the cathedral. I think the people that we saw were just people who have not chosen sides between Sophia and Thomas.

An they would would have needed a lot more people than we have seen so far to build the portal in the Himalaya Mountains Mountains. We know there seventy people were held in Alaska alone, there looked to be several hundred people at that conference. An I suspect even then the portal would have still to be heavily guarded and occupy.

An I suspect that there also a large number of sleepers have settle into earth and Frankly do not want to get involve with either side and have cut contact off both. For instant the Girl Leila and hacker guy rescued father and or mother for instant we have yet to see them show up in any scenes.

Which side do people think Leila is on now, alien or human. .

An I just rely something, we have yet to have any discussion amoungsts the aliens about who been abducting there children, it seem either the aliens do not care about there own children being kidnapped.

the fifth man
March 30th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Monday night's episode was really amazing. What a shame that this show probably won't make it to Season 2.:(

Perelandra
April 2nd, 2011, 07:23 AM
I'm watching and really enjoying this show. I'm hoping it gets picked up for a new season. I, too, would like to know who or what Dempsey is.

warmbeachbrat
April 2nd, 2011, 02:11 PM
What are the chances of it being picked up for a second season?

jelgate
April 2nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
What are the chances of it being picked up for a second season?

Slim to none

the fifth man
April 2nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
Slim to none

It is a shame, but that is very true.

warmbeachbrat
April 2nd, 2011, 09:44 PM
Slim to none

I was thinking that, too. But then I ran across this (http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/survey-%E2%80%98blue-bloods%E2%80%99-most-commercial-of-this-seasons-new-series/)article....

knowles2
April 3rd, 2011, 02:27 AM
I was thinking that, too. But then I ran across this (http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/survey-%E2%80%98blue-bloods%E2%80%99-most-commercial-of-this-seasons-new-series/)article....

I have not look at the numbers but channel 4 have place the show in a grave yard slot, meaning the numbers are low, and I doubt they will rebuy the series if they get renewed.

The reason the Event is doing so well on that list is that network decided straight off when they commission the series to start selling and promoting it aboard to other networks and so they put in lot of deals in place for the show before it even started airing, meaning all the profits were in when the list was produce which probably skewed the numbers some what. Most shows do not sell in most overseas territory until well after there US airing date, as in the case of SGU.
It must of been sold to some countries dead cheap through.

I do believe however NBC will be asking around to see how much support there is for a 2nd season and how much if anything the other networks are willing to put up to make it happen, if they get the same deals as last year then we will get a other season.

Unfortuantly I do not think Channel 4 will be the one supporting renewal of the show. But then they never seem to support shows which are not of there own making and or genre shows anyway.

rockerlad
April 3rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
i really hope we get another season, i have really enjoyed this show. Some times i just wish these americans would give these shows a chance they cant expect everything to be a instant hit.

Heaven
April 5th, 2011, 01:13 AM
after this week's episode I'm disappointed in how the story is turning out
Sophia's change of heart was far too quick and easy.
and now that the aliens are officially "bad guys" we all know how the story
is gonna end/ the humans always win and the bad aliens always lose.

knowles2
April 5th, 2011, 06:34 AM
after this week's episode I'm disappointed in how the story is turning out
Sophia's change of heart was far too quick and easy.
and now that the aliens are officially "bad guys" we all know how the story
is gonna end/ the humans always win and the bad aliens always lose.
I see someone have not seen Skyline yet then.

Heaven
April 5th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I see someone have not seen Skyline yet then.
interesting, I'll be sure to check it out
10x

KEK
April 19th, 2011, 02:29 PM
The Event
- 3.850 million viewers
- 2.5/4 HH
- 1.1/3 A18-49

the fifth man
April 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Naive of me or not, I would love for this show to get a second season. It isn't the best show out there, but it is very enjoyable.

jelgate
April 19th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Naive of me or not, I would love for this show to get a second season. It isn't the best show out there, but it is very enjoyable.

Not going to happen. This numbers are in cable territory. Thats how bad they are which is unfortunate because I like The Event

the fifth man
April 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Not going to happen. This numbers are in cable territory. Thats how bad they are which is unfortunate because I like The Event

I know, it just sucks. It seems like shows are having an even harder time making it these days. It makes me want to not even get into new shows.

Perelandra
April 20th, 2011, 06:49 AM
I like the Event,too. It was up against SGU this Monday so for me, SGU comes first-but I watched the Event online yesterday on the NBC site. Not sure about Sophia's complete turn-around-I mean I know her son (Thomas ) was killed, and she's grieving-but I find it hard to believe that she would suddenly support genocide of billions of people. Is there no other habitable planet in the area they could settle?
and WTH with Dempsey killing himself? Is Sean the new sentinel now?

knowles2
April 20th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I have not seen the episode yet but I have a read a few spoilers.

From what I have read in Demsey office he certainly dead.

An the info in his office suggests that Sean will take his place. It also point to the fact that Dempsey been, following sean for quite sometime. Also it say something about treatments that need to be prepare for Sean.

So yes I am thinking he will become part of sentinel.

The scrolls in the office make me suspect the sentinels are human through, just a gang that remembers the first arrival of Sophia people on Planet Earth. So it questionable whether he will be transform into anything at all. The treatment may also be some sought of vaccine against what ever Sophia going to unleash on the world.

I do think the president wife is either a sentinel or a sleeper, I am leaning towards the second option but the first would be more interesting.

I do not think there time to look. I got the feeling her people primary interstellar travel is sub light. An they need to build a portal at each end to enable faster than light travel between two star systems. Or other wise they could just walk through the portal instead of having to use a vessel. I suspect the use of the portal like we have seen so far can only be use over short range distances.

Of cause Dempsey may have a plan to save both species, the scroll contains some ancient wisdom, so perhaps that hold the key to both our species survival.

Perelandra
April 21st, 2011, 09:12 AM
I have not seen the episode yet but I have a read a few spoilers.

From what I have read in Demsey office he certainly dead.

An the info in his office suggests that Sean will take his place. It also point to the fact that Dempsey been, following sean for quite sometime. Also it say something about treatments that need to be prepare for Sean.

So yes I am thinking he will become part of sentinel.

The scrolls in the office make me suspect the sentinels are human through, just a gang that remembers the first arrival of Sophia people on Planet Earth. So it questionable whether he will be transform into anything at all. The treatment may also be some sought of vaccine against what ever Sophia going to unleash on the world.

I do think the president wife is either a sentinel or a sleeper, I am leaning towards the second option but the first would be more interesting.

I do not think there time to look. I got the feeling her people primary interstellar travel is sub light. An they need to build a portal at each end to enable faster than light travel between two star systems. Or other wise they could just walk through the portal instead of having to use a vessel. I suspect the use of the portal like we have seen so far can only be use over short range distances.

Of cause Dempsey may have a plan to save both species, the scroll contains some ancient wisdom, so perhaps that hold the key to both our species survival.

Good Points- I didn't think about the portal issue.

TheRandomOne
April 21st, 2011, 11:44 AM
Is it safe to say that the Presidents wife was the one that helped Simon escape the White House when they figured out he was one of them ?

knowles2
April 21st, 2011, 12:47 PM
Is it safe to say that the Presidents wife was the one that helped Simon escape the White House when they figured out he was one of them ?
The only flaw in this, is how did she know that they knew that Simon was a spy.

There also the question of why someone did not lace a drink of his with that radioactive tracker or indeed any tracker device on him.

But like all shows I can choose to nick pick it to death or just enjoy it.

LizzieAnne
April 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I've just finished watching the latest ep on Channel 4 (this one was on at 11.05pm ) and the next ep going to be on at midnight next week. And they wonder why the numbers are down! No way I'll be watching at that time. Now I'll have to remember to either download it or watch on the C4 website.

Crazy way to treat viewers, especially now it's getting really interesting.

knowles2
April 27th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Channel 4 tend to treat any show that they do not make and which is not a instant success badly.

Aerilon
April 27th, 2011, 11:36 AM
What are the chances of it being picked up for a second season?I'd say possible. Think it had an average of 9.1 Million viewers for only the first four episodes, and it's picked up a lot since then. I think there's a chance. We'll just have to wait and see.

Not sure about Sophia's complete turn-around-I mean I know her son (Thomas ) was killed, and she's grieving-but I find it hard to believe that she would suddenly support genocide of billions of people.[/spoiler]I'm guessing Thomas knew that Sophia would come around. It seemed to be the last straw. Thomas, Sophia and her people needed Earth. Sophia wasn't going to go ahead with the plan, so Thomas, to preserve his race, made the ultimate sacrifice in himself, knowing it would alter his mothers choice?
Is there no other habitable planet in the area they could settle?Earth is probably the closest one, and they probably spent a lot of their resources getting here. Space is vast, and the chances of us finding another planet like Earth, with the right atmosphere and breathing conditions (ect) are slim, though I believe there would be such out there, I would think them rare though.

and WTH with Dempsey killing himself? Is Sean the new sentinel now?I don't think Sean is the 'new' Sentinel. I think he's either a Sentinel - Human Hybrid, or something else. Sean was born, Sentinels seem to have been around for a while, and it wouldn't surprise me if Dempsey wasn't the last one, though I'm unsure why he killed himself for. :/

Is it safe to say that the Presidents wife was the one that helped Simon escape the White House when they figured out he was one of them ?I'm not convinced that she is a sleeper. Sure, all the signs are there, but I think there's more too it than that.

Perelandra
April 27th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'd say possible. Think it had an average of 9.1 Million viewers for only the first four episodes, and it's picked up a lot since then. I think there's a chance. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm guessing Thomas knew that Sophia would come around. It seemed to be the last straw. Thomas, Sophia and her people needed Earth. Sophia wasn't going to go ahead with the plan, so Thomas, to preserve his race, made the ultimate sacrifice in himself, knowing it would alter his mothers choice?Earth is probably the closest one, and they probably spent a lot of their resources getting here. Space is vast, and the chances of us finding another planet like Earth, with the right atmosphere and breathing conditions (ect) are slim, though I believe there would be such out there, I would think them rare though.

I don't think Sean is the 'new' Sentinel. I think he's either a Sentinel - Human Hybrid, or something else. Sean was born, Sentinels seem to have been around for a while, and it wouldn't surprise me if Dempsey wasn't the last one, though I'm unsure why he killed himself for. :/

I'm not convinced that she is a sleeper. Sure, all the signs are there, but I think there's more too it than that.

Thanks-some things to think about--and

What about Martinez-looks like he's not going to make it after Monday's episode-think he'll pull through?

jelgate
April 27th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks-some things to think about--and

What about Martinez-looks like he's not going to make it after Monday's episode-think he'll pull through?
Using the posion on Sterling's shirt a magic antitoxin will be able to save Martinez.

TheRandomOne
April 27th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Using the posion on Sterling's shirt a magic antitoxin will be able to save Martinez.

Can they even do anything with that stuff since its all dried up ?

the fifth man
April 27th, 2011, 08:58 PM
After the last episode, I can't wait to see where things go from here.

Perelandra
April 28th, 2011, 08:04 AM

They'd better hurry-Martinez seems like he's about to expire-Sterling will be able to use it at least to prove Jarvis was involved in poisoning him-Maybe Christina will come out as a Sleeper or Sentinal and help them find the anti-toxin to save her hubby

the fifth man
April 28th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I highly doubt that the President will die. Something will happen at the last moment.

Stormtrooper
May 1st, 2011, 05:00 AM
Can't believe Dempsey offed himself just like that.

So the secret weapon is the Spanish Influenza? :|

Dumper
May 13th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Unfortunately The Event has been cancelled.

http://blastr.com/2011/05/its-official-chuck-gets-a.php

TheRandomOne
May 13th, 2011, 03:18 PM
You did not read the update that other channels & even Netflix are interested in keeping the show around

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/nbc-cancels-the-event-too/

jelgate
May 13th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I'll take the Netflix rumor with a grain of salt. I've heard these things before

TheRandomOne
May 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Netfrlix only started that TV thing recently. So who knows what will come of it

Dumper
May 13th, 2011, 04:26 PM
You did not read the update that other channels & even Netflix are interested in keeping the show around

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/nbc-cancels-the-event-too/

I did read the update, but as it stands for now it's cancelled. Hopefully someone will pick it up.

Tanith0709
May 13th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I hope that it continues but wont be surprised if it doesn't.

Ian-S
May 13th, 2011, 07:17 PM
If netflix are going to pick a cancelled sci-fi show up, I can think of one or two more deserving than the Event.

From the article:

But there is a twist, and it's not only the big surprise planned by the producers for the finale.

Oh fantastic, yet another cancelled show ending on a cliffhanger!

the fifth man
May 13th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I did read the update, but as it stands for now it's cancelled. Hopefully someone will pick it up.

This is a shame. I will not be getting my hopes up regarding some other network picking it up.

maxbo
May 14th, 2011, 04:27 AM
After pulling a massive FlashForward-style ratings drop, I'm not surprised. But, I still was hoping for a Fringe-like surprise renewal because things really started to pick up in the last few episodes.

knowles2
May 14th, 2011, 07:49 AM
As much as I love The Event, if Netflix wants to pick up a scifi show, Outcasts, SGU, Defying Gravity are far more worthy for candidates.

An Nettflix harry up they can save the SGU sets, which would save them a bucket load of money.

Through season 2 of the Event could be far better than season 1, especially if Sofia people arrives but with Sofia plan for making space succeeding then season 2 could have lost of interesting stories about how the two or three races learn to work together on this planet.

What does give the Event a chance is that so many networks bought the show before it event when into production, if they can fine this many for season 2, then a renewal is likely.
It also nice seeing studios starting to act more independently of the networks.

g.o.d
May 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
shame :(

Ian-S
May 14th, 2011, 11:58 AM
What does give the Event a chance is that so many networks bought the show before it event when into production, if they can fine this many for season 2, then a renewal is likely.
It also nice seeing studios starting to act more independently of the networks.

100+ stations aired FlashForward around the world (maybe 80 something, can't remember, 100 sounds better) and that didn't contribute anything towards the renewal decision either.

Seems stations/execs. are obsessed with US TV figures (for some understandable reasons) without looking at the bigger picture.

jelgate
May 14th, 2011, 01:37 PM
100+ stations aired FlashForward around the world (maybe 80 something, can't remember, 100 sounds better) and that didn't contribute anything towards the renewal decision either.

Seems stations/execs. are obsessed with US TV figures (for some understandable reasons) without looking at the bigger picture.

I roll my eyes whenever someone blames the US. That is one-sided. Other countries are the same in only caring about viewers in thier country of origin.

Ian-S
May 15th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Both FF and TE were sold quiet literally to all the four corners of the earth, but when it came to renewal time the only thing that mattered was viewership figures in the USA, which, assuming the network doesn't get any income from the international sales, is a perfectly understandable business decision.

You may roll your eyes but it isn't an incorrect analogy though is it?

And don't get me started on the system that's used to acquire those viewership figures...

jelgate
May 15th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Both FF and TE were sold quiet literally to all the four corners of the earth, but when it came to renewal time the only thing that mattered was viewership figures in the USA, which, assuming the network doesn't get any income from the international sales, is a perfectly understandable business decision.

You may roll your eyes but it isn't an incorrect analogy though is it?

And don't get me started on the system that's used to acquire those viewership figures...
The same system applies to all shows. If this was Doctor Who for example the American numbers would be pointless for renewal. Only the British viewers would matter. That is why I roll my eyes when people blame Americans since international profit systems are pretty simliar.

Ian-S
May 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I still don't get why you role your eyes when America get's blamed for cancelling an American TV show, it's not like anybody's gonna blame Finland for it is it?

It's an American TV show, funded by Americans, and cancelled by Americans, of course America is going to get the blame for it (well not America directly, but the execs in America that cancelled it).

I could understand it if say Doctor Who got cancelled and everybody blamed America, we'd be rolling our eyes together, but.... well you get it... lol.

knowles2
May 15th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I still don't get why you role your eyes when America get's blamed for cancelling an American TV show, it's not like anybody's gonna blame Finland for it is it?

It's an American TV show, funded by Americans, and cancelled by Americans, of course America is going to get the blame for it (well not America directly, but the execs in America that cancelled it).

I could understand it if say Doctor Who got cancelled and everybody blamed America, we'd be rolling our eyes together, but.... well you get it... lol.

Nah I blame all Americans, why do so many of them have to watch Dancing in the Stars, when they could be watching The Event, and SGU and Sanctuary instead.

the fifth man
May 15th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Nah I blame all Americans, why do so many of them have to watch Dancing in the Stars, when they could be watching The Event, and SGU and Sanctuary instead.

Many Americans are obsessed with "reality" tv. And IMO, that is definitely killing television for the rest of us.

jelgate
May 15th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Many Americans are obsessed with "reality" tv. And IMO, that is definitely killing television for the rest of us.

Statisically speaking the other cultures have shown to have a high quanity of their own reality TV watching. Its not just an American problem.

the fifth man
May 15th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Statisically speaking the other cultures have shown to have a high quanity of their own reality TV watching. Its not just an American problem.

I know, I was just responding directly to knowles2's post. As an American though, I see it as a big enough problem.

Rosehawk
May 15th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hey folks, lets get back on topic discussing the show 'The Event'.

Ripley2012
May 18th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I'm Ripley and super new (so new that I tried to post an individual thread on this subject without taking the time to search:o), thought I would jump in. I just got caught up on this show last week. Took two days to get all the shows watched for preparation of the finale and am super sad to hear that it has been canceled (http://www.tv.com/story/25868.html)! Although the end of the show is suppose to be insanely climactic, it is always unclear when shows are so sensational in the first season, how to progress on the story line but either way; it was a great plot! Does anyone remember President Martinez in Sea Quest? Oh yeah, and whose the real super villain: Sophia or the Vise Prez?

warmbeachbrat
May 18th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I'm Ripley and super new (so new that I tried to post an individual thread on this subject without taking the time to search:o), thought I would jump in. I just got caught up on this show last week. Took two days to get all the shows watched for preparation of the finale and am super sad to hear that it has been canceled (http://www.tv.com/story/25868.html)! Although the end of the show is suppose to be insanely climactic, it is always unclear when shows are so sensational in the first season, how to progress on the story line but either way; it was a great plot! Does anyone remember President Martinez in Sea Quest? Oh yeah, and whose the real super villain: Sophia or the Vise Prez?

Actually, it was Don Franklin on Seaquest, not Blair Underwood.... :)

Ripley2012
May 18th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Actually, it was Don Franklin on Seaquest, not Blair Underwood....

Holy crap, the resemblance is UNcanny! I was catching up on some old sci fi and just assumed.........

Perelandra
May 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Now with no SGU I watched this live on Monday night. I sure hope it doesn't get cancelled. I was watching SGU live and The Event online the next morning since NBC puts it up the next day, when SGU was still running on Mondays at 8.

ETA: oops looks like it has been canceled. Too bad.

Perelandra
May 18th, 2011, 08:56 AM

Sophia started out good, now has turned into the villian with the death of her son Thomas and wanting to bring her people here. Jarvis is sort of an opportunist, sort of a slimeball. He's being played by Sophia right now. Hope this isn't too spoilery for you.

knowles2
May 18th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah I thought they were the same bloke to, still did until I read this thread, I did not know either actor names. So are they long lost twin brothers or something.

Yeah I got the feeling the end of the show is hundreds of sleeper vessels flying out of the wormhole. An then a scene with humans dieing at the virus launch site, but all have been corden off and contained by Stirling and peeling and that general forces, who acted without presidential orders.

Martinez is put back in charge and use his one and only trump card, a full scale nuclear strike across the globe, making the planet uninhabitable for both species, if we cant have Earth no way are we are going to let them have it. He inform and convinces the UK, France, Russia and China, North Korea, and Pakistan and India to do the same.

Its end with a stand off, with Sofia ground forces surrounded by apache helicopters and special forces, the individual ones she sent away being capture one by one including Leila daughter, track down by a anonymous tip off, Earth surrounded by space ships and The world power preparing a full scale nuclear strike on themselves,

The last scene will be of a group sentinels sitting down and making plans. With the last shot showing Dempsey leading them with the president wife standing next to him.

How much more dramatic could one make it. Well what about Sentinels vessels arriving and positioning themselves to engage Sofia people.

Perelandra
May 18th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Someone,Dr. Lu, I believe it was-made a comment to Leila that they, the sleepers/visitors were here(on earth) first. I'd like to see more of what is meant by that....

Ripley2012
May 18th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I will be really curiouse to see what they do with Sean Walkers character as they almost gave him a messiah super hero tag. Also it would have been nice if

Demsy's character would have been elaborated upon more, especially with the experiments with the little girls as well as the scene in which he takes an elixir that transform him into a younger version for like two seconds

It seems like because the show was canceled so quickly, not enough time to develop the sentinels role in all of this, although I have to agree:

The last scene will be of a group sentinels sitting down and making plans. With the last shot showing Dempsey leading them with the president wife standing next to him.

To end it, will have to be of some epic proportions!

warmbeachbrat
May 19th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Holy crap, the resemblance is UNcanny! I was catching up on some old sci fi and just assumed.........

Heh. I've been a big fan of Don Franklin since the Young Riders...

...gotta agree, though--they do look an awful lot alike. :)

Ripley2012
May 19th, 2011, 04:54 AM
So Don is fooling NCIS watchers

"i am watching NCIS and wondering what Blair Underwood is doing there...and its not him its a guy named Don Franklin.." -Lipstick Alley forum #288

and Blair the Event.................:cool:

Ripley2012
May 23rd, 2011, 09:52 PM
does anyone else feel completely jipped over the season finale.............am super disappointed:(

knowles2
May 24th, 2011, 03:27 AM
I liked the season final, SFX of the planet coming into orbit was awesome.

An I want to know what really going on. So many questions.

What does the scroll says.
What is Sofia alternative plan for creating space. Why do they have to create space on Earth, why could they not just park there planet into a stable orbit and live on it.
Why will there next step in there evolutionary path kill humans and why will that step only occure on earth. I suspect the aliens or the humans are not the ones who are meant to evolve to the next but the hybrids are the ones instead. An only once the two races fully merge together will they evolve to the next level and that why it can only happen on earth, as it the only place us humans excist. Are the aliens truly indigenous to this planet. An if they are why did they even allow us to evolve in the first place. How do they know about the future.

What will the Chinese do with the portal array once they capture it. Were they also working with the aliens, could it be use to defend earth. That would be a change in dynamic China having one and only weapon able to defend the planet.
Will there be full scale war between Earth and the planet now in orbit.

Who is the president wife and who is she really working for. Where are the sentinels and what is there plan. Will Leila survive. How many sleepers are there on the planet. Does Simon know the wife is a sleeper. Was she the one that helped him escape the White house, and if she is why did she help the president.

Best season final this year, I will even say it was better than SGU final.

Osiris
May 24th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Amazing season finale! I really didn't expect them to transport the whole planet!

Please someone picks up this show!

jelgate
May 24th, 2011, 06:48 AM
does anyone else feel completely jipped over the season finale.............am super disappointed:(

All things considered since its cancelled it could be a lot worse. At least the virus storyline was resolved.

Ripley2012
May 24th, 2011, 06:51 AM
does anyone else feel completely jipped over the season finale.............am super disappointed

Let me rephrase, I was reactionary due to appropriate morning of dieing show:(: Well it would be amazing if the show wasn't scheduled to be canceled. A whole entire transport of a planet was amazing and something completely un expected. It was more disappointing knowing that there wouldn't be an explanation. I thought it would explain allot more but I suppose, there is only so much that can be explained over 43 mins!

Its just disappointing Knowles2 that it may not continue! I am with you, a million questions that I want to be answered.The season finale really in my mind should have cemented a second season. Perhaps that is why the formulated such a good cliff hanger (please please pick this show up again).
I just couldn't imagine writers leaving show like that....there was obviously too much left open and unanswered. So yes it was an amazing season finale that is if it hoped to pick up again, if not, what a horrible way to leave the audience seriously wondering what the heck is going on.

Spimman
May 24th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Looks like there are some cable networks\internet broadcasters considering picking up the show (http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/nbc-cancels-the-event-too/). I would guess the odds are low, but at least people are seriously exploring the idea.

I haven't watched the show since the mid-season finale, but the finale sounded kind of cool.

jelgate
May 24th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Looks like there are some cable networks\internet broadcasters considering picking up the show (http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/nbc-cancels-the-event-too/). I would guess the odds are low, but at least people are seriously exploring the idea.

I haven't watched the show since the mid-season finale, but the finale sounded kind of cool.
I put this as unlikely. Its possible but the channel change renewal is a rare event

Perelandra
May 24th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Pretty decent season finale. Of course, I liked the SGU finale much better(sorry, Knowles).. However, I thoughtThe planet showing up in orbit with all the earthquakes and earth changes throught the portal was pretty cool. And I have lots of questions, too. Obviously to me Christina is a sleeper, as she called the new planet "Home", Yes, did Simon know? Will Leila survive? What about the baby? Is Jarvis going to prison? Or will he weasel out of it?Will Sophia go to prison. And Knowles, I, too, wanted to know why they couldn't just live on the planet ina stable orbit instead of killing humans-lots of questions.

And of course, everytime I get into a show- it gets cancelled. again.

Tanith0709
May 24th, 2011, 10:04 AM
This show just needs to be continued in some form.

the fifth man
May 25th, 2011, 09:44 PM
This show just needs to be continued in some form.

I totally agree with that. Especially after how that last episode ended. What a shame that NBC canceled this.

Homer 120
May 26th, 2011, 03:40 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/24/monday-final-ratings-dancing-house-event-adjusted-up-bachelorette-law-orderla-clash-of-the-commercials-down/93755/

Where were these viewers at the start of 1.5?

kitkat3ny
May 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/24/monday-final-ratings-dancing-house-event-adjusted-up-bachelorette-law-orderla-clash-of-the-commercials-down/93755/

Where were these viewers at the start of 1.5?

Sadly we will never really know how many viewers watched the Event and SGU since none of us have a vote/voice unless you are a Nielsen participant.

I would gladly pay-it-forward monetarily for the shows I love to watch. What ashamed we'll never know what happens. I'd love to see their planet.

Tanith0709
May 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM
There been any more info on the rumors floating around about a possible continuation?

the fifth man
May 26th, 2011, 07:40 PM
There been any more info on the rumors floating around about a possible continuation?

If I were you, I wouldn't hold your breath.

TheRandomOne
May 27th, 2011, 04:34 AM
The other day on the Facebook page someone posted a link (I forgot it) where I think the Executive Producer said they were still in negotiations

Ripley2012
May 27th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I would imagine that the only way to see this through, would be a movie.

the fifth man
May 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I would imagine that the only way to see this through, would be a movie.

While that would be great to see, I am not getting my hopes up.

Ripley2012
May 29th, 2011, 06:37 AM
While that would be great to see, I am not getting my hopes up.

Oh yeah, me either. It just seemed the most affordable.

the fifth man
May 29th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Oh yeah, me either. It just seemed the most affordable.

Oh, I do agree. It would be great to at least get something like that. I just kind of doubt it will happen.

TheRandomOne
June 1st, 2011, 12:59 PM
Minutes after NBC canceled freshman The Event on the unlucky Friday, May 13, the show's creator Nick Wauters and executive producer Steve Stark told fans that there was a possibility for the sci-fi drama to continue elsewhere. That possibility is now taking shape. I hear there are talks with Syfy to pick up The Event as a miniseries. Helping things is the fact that Syfy and The Event producer, Universal Media Studios, are NBCUniversal corporate siblings. But migrating a broadcast show to cable is never easy, and I hear discussions are underway to see if it would be financially feasible for The Event to continue on Syfy. If that happens and if the mini does well, it could potentially launch another season of the alien drama. Syfy has been active post-upfronts this year. The cable network also has been kicking the tires of the Fox pilot Locke & Key, but there haven't been any substantial discussions.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/nbcs-the-event-may-continue-as-miniseries-on-syfy/

Tanith0709
June 1st, 2011, 05:22 PM
To answer some questions I've been getting, at this time we have no plans to pick up The Event.
http://twitter.com/Syfy/status/76021503963049984

the fifth man
June 1st, 2011, 07:19 PM
Big surprise. Oh wait, no it isn't. Syfy sucks!

maxbo
June 2nd, 2011, 01:10 PM
It would be great if The Event could be continued, but I'll believe it only if it happens.

In the meantime I'm just pleased that I enjoyed the last few episodes after a very rocky 1st half.

the fifth man
June 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
I just wish we could have seen what was going to happen next.