PDA

View Full Version : 13.1 (205)

Madwelshboy
July 31st, 2010, 11:37 PM
Episode Synopsis: Douglas Fargo leaves Eureka for a trip to Warehouse 13 to update the facility's computer system, which doesn't go as planned. Rene Auberjonois ("Star Trek: Deep Space Nine") guest stars.
Original Air Date: Aug 3, 2010

Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Shipperahoy
August 3rd, 2010, 08:22 PM
Sorry for the delay getting this open folks. Have fun.

jelgate
August 3rd, 2010, 08:26 PM
This was probably the worst episode of S2 and yet I still liked it. What does that say about this show and its 2nd season?

The episode has a faint echo of Breakdown where both talk about the Warehouse breaking down. But that is not to say its a rehash because its not. The whole reason for the warehouse breaking down and how to solve the problem is completely different. And that is what makes it fun.

As a DS9 fan I think a big part of why I like the solving the of the story was all the interaction with Rene Auberjonis' character. I have always thought he is a fantastic character. That can not be further realized from the way he switchs from a mental patient to a sadistic computer program. I like seeing Artie outsmart and outhink the program. It was fun seeing the battle of wills between the two.

Now the bad. Inplanting Fargo from Eureka in this episode smells like stunt casting to me. He served no special purpose in this episode. I don't see how he was vital to this episode instead of to flirting of Claudia. Although the homemad lightsaber was cool.

Speaking of Claudia I want to see how her breakup with Todd will go. I sense anger and more jerkness to others again especially Artie.

DigiFluid
August 3rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
This was probably the worst episode of S2 and yet I still liked it. What does that say about this show and its 2nd season?
:indeed:

Lots of stuff to like in this one too though....
I LOL'd that Fargo, the head of GD, doesn't have high enough security clearance for the Warehouse :D
I was curious, with the way Eureka has gone this year, why it would be Fargo doing a computer install. Needless to say I enjoyed it very much when he said "the scary lady with the beehive showed up" and 'asked' him to :D
the Bill Gates/Steve Jobs thing was a laugh
Rene Auberjonois was fantastic in this one
really smirked a lot when Artie told Fargo to talk to Claudia when his voice drops
hey, a little appearance from the ginger who was Scut Farkus in A Christmas Story/whatshisname from Dollhouse!

mandogater
August 3rd, 2010, 09:50 PM
I liked this one. Jelgate is right a little of Breakdown with a nice twist.
Rene Auberjonois simply showed what a great actor he is.
I really liked how Artie played Hugo One and got his friend back. When it was all said and done having Myka wondering if something like that could happen to her or Pete was a great way to wrap up the story.
The Claudia and Fargo flirtiness got a little annoying.
I was just a little disappointed with the homemade lightsaber. For some reason I thought Fargo was going to pull George Lucas' lightsaber off the shelf.

Replicator Todd
August 3rd, 2010, 10:19 PM
I loved it! It was enjoyable seeing Fargo on the show...I'm liking the crossover idea....but I hope it isn't overdone. Claudia and Todd was ewwwwww.....Claudia and Fargo? Interesting...

mr_kennedy
August 3rd, 2010, 11:47 PM
Awesome episode, Rene Aburjonos was fantastic as always i have liked him in everything ive seen him in great actor he made this episode hilarious :D

I kind of want to check out Eureka now, the crossover thing is an excellent idea

OH and the Lightsaber FTW

Demoniser
August 4th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Really liked this episode. The crossover was a really fun idea, and i hope they do more of it in the future, on a larger scale. It would be quite epic. 2 part story anyone? :D

- loved the lightsaber
- claudia and fargo was fun to watch. Much more natural than her and todd.
- Rene was superb, great actor. Weird seeing him play someone whos a bit nuts though when i'm used to his more.. serious acting. great job though.
- Artie hating computers made me lol.

Im looking forward to the Eureka crossover episode. I hope we see more of Rene sometime in either show.

lopo30
August 4th, 2010, 04:39 AM
well i must say that it's the first episode of season 2 what realy was fun to watch
most of the others episodes in this show remainds me of a kids show avengers or something like that

Spimman
August 4th, 2010, 06:10 AM
As a DS9 fan I think a big part of why I like the solving the of the story was all the interaction with Rene Auberjonis' character. I have always thought he is a fantastic character. That can not be further realized from the way he switchs from a mental patient to a sadistic computer program. I like seeing Artie outsmart and outhink the program. It was fun seeing the battle of wills between the two.

Yeah he was incredible in this episode! Seeing him bounce between two sides of himself and then become whole again was pretty awesome! Having 2 guest stars in a single episode was bad planning, Rene won the night and Fargo comes off as more of an afterthought.

The Claudia/Todd break-up was odd because they have had one ruined date and one re-meet set up by Artie so they were barely dating anyways, a formal break-up seems a little over dramatic...they have been on one or maybe two dates.

SunKrux
August 4th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I really enjoyed the ep. LOVED Pete & Myka playing rock, paper, scissors to decide who was going to break up Artie & Fargo's arguing in the beginning...then again later. LOL LOVED that Myka had to explain to Pete the he didn't always have to choose rock. LOL

The Claudia/Todd break up was odd but they're teenagers and teens are fickle sometimes. I'll wait and see what happens before I pass judgment.

Rene was AWESOME in the ep. :D

All in all it was a really good ep.

DSG1
August 4th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Didn't like it they have successfully turned Warehouse 13 into the Claudia show so Iam done giving them my time every week and my DVR rating. Maybe when it grows up and stops trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator and becomes Warehouse 13 again I will tune in.

No Leena for two episodes and no one seems to care????

That was the most pitiful teenybopper makeout scene I have ever seen LOL.
Allison needs some acting lessons.

Warehouse writer's take the hint and stop turning this show into Nick Jr.

The only thing I liked were the Rene scenes with Artie. Artie spent half
the episode playing aboard game Battleship??

Im also starting to think the writer's are going through their second childhood.
Maybe when the Claudia love fest dies down, I'll be back.

Todd makes out with Claudia and dumps her by the end? WTF
do you call that??? That was fastest breakup in TV history.

I knew once they got Claudia Leena was gonna get the shaft.

I'm sticking to adult shows like Leverage. Hell, I may even
watch SGU again.

They also need to stop ripping off movies and other TV shows.

Warehouse is no longer original. I also like how everyone has
access to Artie's computer which he hasn't even sat down behind
yet for some reason.

and a cast member Leena is not mentioned????

so she gonna come and go with no explanation of her being MIA??

and we ever going back to HG Wells and artifacts???

and know was crossover what waste of Fargo too.

oh and so much for W13 being a top secret government organization that no one knows
about? LMAO.

DigiFluid
August 4th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I've never seen such a baseless couple of complaints take so many words to express.

jelgate
August 4th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I've never seen such a baseless couple of complaints take so many words to express.

Is it really wise to encourage his whining? Don't jinix him leaving:P

Although their is some merit in the show is getting a little to much Claudia focus

Replicator Todd
August 4th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Although their is some merit in the show is getting a little to much Claudia focus

Although my favorite character is Claudia, I agree with that. I thought the whole thing with Claudia and Todd was really pointless.

DigiFluid
August 4th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Is it really wise to encourage his whining? Don't jinix him leaving:P

I don't see that at all. She hardly got an appearance in in the premiere, despite having gone MIA. Mild Mannered was totally a Pete-centric episode, Beyond Our Control was a team episode, Age Before Beauty was a Myka-centric episode. This was the first episode this year with a really strong focus on Claudia.

jelgate
August 4th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I don't see that at all. She hardly got an appearance in in the premiere, despite having gone MIA. Mild Mannered was totally a Pete-centric episode, Beyond Our Control was a team episode, Age Before Beauty was a Myka-centric episode. This was the first episode this year with a really strong focus on Claudia.
She was in the premiere as much as all the other characters. And I guess if you use that vague definiton of an episode you're right but when you go to the B plots it all seems to be Claudia focused verus Artie or Leena.

lordofseas
August 4th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Didn't like it they have successfully turned Warehouse 13 into the Claudia show so Iam done giving them my time every week and my DVR rating. Maybe when it grows up and stops trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator and becomes Warehouse 13 again I will tune in.

Ok.

No Leena for two episodes and no one seems to care????

....Nope. Doesn't seem like it.

That was the most pitiful teenybopper makeout scene I have ever seen LOL.

You've seen them all?

Allison needs some acting lessons.

You can do better, I assume.

Warehouse writer's take the hint and stop turning this show into Nick Jr.

If you feel the need to actually contact the Warehouse writers, I really don't think that this is the right place.

The only thing I liked were the Rene scenes with Artie. Artie spent half
the episode playing aboard game Battleship??

Not half the episode, but yeah, he played Battleship? So what?

Im also starting to think the writer's are going through their second childhood.
Maybe when the Claudia love fest dies down, I'll be back.

I do hope you realize that most, if not all adults are children in bigger bodies. You learn this after working with a lot of people.

Todd makes out with Claudia and dumps her by the end? WTF
do you call that??? That was fastest breakup in TV history.

Hyperbole.

I knew once they got Claudia Leena was gonna get the shaft.

Wait, Leena got the shaft? Who knew?

I'm sticking to adult shows like Leverage. Hell, I may even
watch SGU again.

Have fun.

They also need to stop ripping off movies and other TV shows.

You can tell the writers that.

Warehouse is no longer original. I also like how everyone has
access to Artie's computer which he hasn't even sat down behind
yet for some reason.[QUOTE]

Because we see absolutely everything that happens in the Warehouse. Oh, yeah.

[quote]and a cast member Leena is not mentioned????

Didn't you mention this before?

so she gonna come and go with no explanation of her being MIA??

and we ever going back to HG Wells and artifacts???

Oh, no, that's been retconned. Artifacts no longer exist, and HG Wells is running around the Earth in her super-fast suit, she's time travelling. So, no worries, all the problems are sorted out in a quarter of the season, so the entire season's plot arc is finished. The following episodes in the seasons will be filler, so don't bother watching. No, really, don't bother watching.

and know was crossover what waste of Fargo too.

Such a terrible waste of space.

oh and so much for W13 being a top secret government organization that no one knows
about? LMAO.

...I have no idea what you are talking about.

If you don't like a show, don't watch it.

DigiFluid
August 4th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Actually as I read this now, I realize it isn't true. I've had the misfortune of seeing Glenn Beck clips on YouTube.

RowenaR
August 5th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Having 2 guest stars in a single episode was bad planning, Rene won the night and Fargo comes off as more of an afterthought.

I agree. I could have done without Fargo but then again I never was a big fan of him anyway (which is why I was a little disappointed that he was the one chosen to guest).

The Claudia/Todd break-up was odd because they have had one ruined date and one re-meet set up by Artie so they were barely dating anyways, a formal break-up seems a little over dramatic...they have been on one or maybe two dates.

Actually, I don't think we've seen the end of this yet. The way Todd broke up with her practically screamed "mysterious things going on in the background". Also... I'd rather see Todd with Claudia (although I'm probably the only one here...) because the whole Fargo/Claudia thing squicks me out for some reason.

MIZA
August 6th, 2010, 03:31 AM
:indeed:

Lots of stuff to like in this one too though....
I LOL'd that Fargo, the head of GD, doesn't have high enough security clearance for the Warehouse :D
I was curious, with the way Eureka has gone this year, why it would be Fargo doing a computer install. Needless to say I enjoyed it very much when he said "the scary lady with the beehive showed up" and 'asked' him to :D
the Bill Gates/Steve Jobs thing was a laugh
Rene Auberjonois was fantastic in this one
really smirked a lot when Artie told Fargo to talk to Claudia when his voice drops
hey, a little appearance from the ginger who was Scut Farkus in A Christmas Story/whatshisname from Dollhouse!

that really stinks for Claudia, he didn't even tell her why ??

MIZA
August 6th, 2010, 03:36 AM
I agree. I could have done without Fargo but then again I never was a big fan of him anyway (which is why I was a little disappointed that he was the one chosen to guest).

Actually, I don't think we've seen the end of this yet. The way Todd broke up with her practically screamed "mysterious things going on in the background". Also... I'd rather see Todd with Claudia (although I'm probably the only one here...) because the whole Fargo/Claudia thing squicks me out for some reason.

I just think it is sad, he should told her why , at least ! I thought maybe it was the awkard exchange on the phone

SaberBlade
August 6th, 2010, 04:55 AM
When it comes to Todd, I think that any guy who's willing to dump a girl just because she has other more important stuff to do, is a little bit of a freak. Just because she didn't go running when he called, obsessive much?

I've never been a W13 fan, seen bits and pieces here and there and even with this episode, doubt I'll be watching a full episode any time soon. I don't believe it's a good thing when the guests steal the show (mainly Rene being there, he was great but I loved they included Grayston as Fargo, but even Zack Ward being there was a plus).

That said, I am curious to see if Todd had a legitimate reason to dump her, or if he's just acting like a douche to an independent woman who doesn't put him at the centre of her world.

Inquisitor
August 6th, 2010, 06:00 AM
I've been fearing that the two crossover episodes (one in each) would be disappointing, perhaps that is why I quite liked this episode and even a few movies (such as Knight and Day, I had that movie on the lowest bar).

and a cast member Leena is not mentioned????

She's been in Eureka.

yessika
August 6th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I liked this episode a lot, I really think the crossover idea was genius! :D

I like Claudia/Fargo and I don't want to see anymore of Todd

Inquisitor
August 7th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Since Claudia saw Fargo's life flash before her life, why didn't she say "What? You went back in time and now lots of things are different?"

Occulus
August 7th, 2010, 11:05 AM

I'm almost certain we're not done with Todd. I don't know exactly what role he has to play yet (well, none of us do), but the way the writers popped him in, and then out again, really does scream "more to come" from the rooftops. There's no way a 'thing' between Claudia and Fargo would ever work- Fargo has GD to worry about, and Claudia has the Warehouse, and (almost) ne'er the twain shall meet.

My guess- and it's only a guess- is that Claudia is going to have to "save" Todd from an artifact at some point, thus revealing to him her mysterious IRS warehouse job. If I were a betting man, I would go so far as to suggest that Todd will end up in the Warehouse eventually, and might even be brought in as a recurring character.

Since it's pretty obvious that Leena isn't going to be in the picture all that much this season, I'm almost ready to say that Todd is there to eventually replace her. Claudia needs someone to balance her character while she's in the Warehouse, and I'm not so sure it's plausible to use Leena for that purpose.

yessika
August 7th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Since Claudia saw Fargo's life flash before her life, why didn't she say "What? You went back in time and now lots of things are different?"

You make an interesting point and it also makes me wonder whose life did she see, our Fargo's or the other Fargo's?

I'm almost certain we're not done with Todd. I don't know exactly what role he has to play yet (well, none of us do), but the way the writers popped him in, and then out again, really does scream "more to come" from the rooftops. There's no way a 'thing' between Claudia and Fargo would ever work- Fargo has GD to worry about, and Claudia has the Warehouse, and (almost) ne'er the twain shall meet.

My guess- and it's only a guess- is that Claudia is going to have to "save" Todd from an artifact at some point, thus revealing to him her mysterious IRS warehouse job. If I were a betting man, I would go so far as to suggest that Todd will end up in the Warehouse eventually, and might even be brought in as a recurring character.

Since it's pretty obvious that Leena isn't going to be in the picture all that much this season, I'm almost ready to say that Todd is there to eventually replace her. Claudia needs someone to balance her character while she's in the Warehouse, and I'm not so sure it's plausible to use Leena for that purpose.

I really hope you are wrong about Todd, I do not like him that much.

LtColCarter
September 3rd, 2010, 09:25 AM
I loved the crossover idea. I didn't know how it would work...but it did work well! :)

Pharaoh Atem
October 3rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
This episode was awesome I loved seeing odo and the whole computer concept was cool.

And bad Todd for breaking claudias heart

10/10!

jelgate
October 3rd, 2010, 04:56 PM
This episode was awesome I loved seeing odo and the whole computer concept was cool.

And bad Todd for breaking claudias heart

10/10!
It was the exact oppoisite reason but you'll learn that later

aretood2
October 3rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
It was the exact oppoisite reason but you'll learn that later

I still don't like Todd the spud...>.>

Linda06
October 22nd, 2010, 06:09 AM
Another good ep, not as good as the other eps this season but still a good ep. How awesome is it seeing rene auberjonois :D He is a truly wonderful actor. I've liked the Eureka ep with the crossover and the WH13 ep with the crossover but I hope they don't overuse it. And I am so glad that the Claudia/Todd thing didn't last too long, they just don't seem to.......match? fit? It just doesn't really feel right, those two together :S So I'm glad and a little sad for Claudia that he dumped her. I just hope that's the end of Claudia/Todd.

aretood2
October 22nd, 2010, 07:39 AM
Another good ep, not as good as the other eps this season but still a good ep. How awesome is it seeing rene auberjonois :D He is a truly wonderful actor. I've liked the Eureka ep with the crossover and the WH13 ep with the crossover but I hope they don't overuse it. And I am so glad that the Claudia/Todd thing didn't last too long, they just don't seem to.......match? fit? It just doesn't really feel right, those two together :S So I'm glad and a little sad for Claudia that he dumped her. I just hope that's the end of Claudia/Todd.
I just simply don't like her being shipped with people. It seems so unClaudia like.

Linda06
October 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
I just simply don't like her being shipped with people. It seems so unClaudia like.

Yeah it does seem a little......Un-Claudia like.

mandogater
October 22nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah it does seem a little......Un-Claudia like.

To me Claudia seems in her element when she is either inventing something or trying to figure something out.

Pharaoh Atem
October 22nd, 2010, 10:19 PM

your just a fanboy :P

Linda06
October 23rd, 2010, 03:03 AM

It does feel weird seeing Claudia with a boyfriend :p

aretood2
October 23rd, 2010, 07:14 AM

This may be true, but I'm not the kind of fanboy that imagines himself going out with her...so I say nyah! :P

Pharaoh Atem
October 23rd, 2010, 04:57 PM
It does feel weird seeing Claudia with a boyfriend :p
i really liked her and fargo

Linda06
October 24th, 2010, 04:42 AM
i really liked her and fargo

Yeah, funnily enough I didn't actually mind that :)

jelgate
October 24th, 2010, 09:06 AM
In this episode I was much more interested in guy who had went nuts then watching Claudia's love affair. Its boring

Linda06
October 24th, 2010, 10:09 AM
In this episode I was much more interested in guy who had went nuts then watching Claudia's love affair. Its boring

Well hopefully we've seen the last of Todd and Fargo's only in one ep so far so hopefully that should be the end of that :D I don't think WH 13 needs romance in it. It's doing just fine without it :D

Rene Auberjonois is a brilliant actor, he never ceases to amaze me :D

Pharaoh Atem
October 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM

ds9 fanboy :P

jelgate
October 24th, 2010, 09:07 PM
ds9 fanboy :P

Come on. Its no secret I care not for Ms. Ceneter of My Own Wordl

aretood2
October 25th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Come on. Its no secret I care not for Ms. Ceneter of My Own Wordl

She doesn't think that :rolleyes:

jelgate
October 25th, 2010, 06:34 AM
She doesn't think that :rolleyes:

Fanboys can see no fault;):P

SunKrux
October 25th, 2010, 07:07 AM
I'm not a Claudia fangirl, and I don't see her thinking she's the center of her own world. If she truly thought that, she wouldn't have hacked into the Warehouse to help get her brother loose. She also wouldn't have freaked out when Leena & Mrs. F thought she was MacPherson's stooge. She also wouldn't be so worried about Artie getting hurt.