PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Scott/Chloe Armstrong Ship Discussion/Appreciation

poundpuppy29
July 31st, 2010, 07:46 PM
I thought this would be a good thread to start this is for discussion only. It doesn't matter if you are shipper of them or not or if you have them in other ships or if you are a gen non shipper.

I kinda liked how they started but it seemed like they haven't had much together than some scenes. What do you think?

Pharaoh Atem
July 31st, 2010, 08:09 PM
i think scott really loves her unlike what most of fandom believes

poundpuppy29
July 31st, 2010, 08:13 PM
I am not so sure about her though I think he is Mr. Right Now for her

xxxevilgrinxxx
August 1st, 2010, 04:55 AM
i think scott really loves her unlike what most of fandom believes

I believe Scott loves her too and has since Air. As for what's in store? Who knows :)

johndoe4880
August 1st, 2010, 04:31 PM
Well from the things i saw in the new SGU season 2 trailer it looks like chole is going to change.

They did kinda gave a little hint away when there on the planet where they got trappend in with the spiders. i can read this lauange and have a feeling about something.

i can't remember the eposide but thats it.

Egle01
August 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
At first I was pretty meh with this ship, but for some (still unknown) reason after 1.5 began and "Space" aired I've grown to like Scott/Chloe lots. :)

Well from the things i saw in the new SGU season 2 trailer it looks like chole is going to change. Try not to spoiler stuff like that for those who want to stay spoiler-free.

johndoe4880
August 2nd, 2010, 12:40 PM
It's in the trailer darn it.

so here is the Spoliers in this trailer.

if You don't want to watch then don't Watch the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rXJdDb1vxE

Egle01
August 2nd, 2010, 12:44 PM
It's in the trailer darn it.

so here is the Spoliers in this trailer.

if You don't want to watch then don't Watch the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rXJdDb1vxEI know it's in the trailer, I've seen it. It's still a spoiler about Chloe's storyline in the upcoming season, and should be discussed with spoiler tags on. Chill, man.

_SCAM_
August 5th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I LOVE Matt and Chloe, Matt was really there for Chloe at the start of the first season after her father died and I feell that they make eachother stronger, I LOVE the eppy that they kiss in the Quarters :D

poundpuppy29
August 9th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I tend to be a multi shipper I do like them but I don't think they have caught on with fandom

Pharaoh Atem
August 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I believe Scott loves her too and has since Air. As for what's in store? Who knows :)

he's gone out of his way to protect her and save her. doesn't seem like a guy who's just interested in a good time. if he wanted that there's still plenty of woman on destiny.

scott loves choe.

poundpuppy29
August 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM
he's gone out of his way to protect her and save her. doesn't seem like a guy who's just interested in a good time. if he wanted that there's still plenty of woman on destiny.

scott loves choe.

I don't doubt that he has real feeling for her I am wondering if she has real feelings or is it lust for her

Linda06
August 22nd, 2010, 03:21 AM
From what I saw in the few eps I watched I didn't really see much chemistry of a romantic nature between them. From what I saw I quite like Chloe, not so much Scott *shrugs* So when this ship was on screen I tended to just switch off till it was past. Stargate hasn't exactly had the best track record in regards to writing ship so I was kinda hoping that they'd stop trying in SGU. But I guess not :( Oh well. I am considering giving SGU another chance to impress me, I do hope though that they don't spend too much time showing us this ship.

Egle01
September 10th, 2010, 03:43 AM
I am considering giving SGU another chance to impress me, I do hope though that they don't spend too much time showing us this ship.And what are your thoughts now?

Linda06
September 10th, 2010, 05:33 AM
And what are your thoughts now?

Now? I love SGU and I must admit Scott is growing on me, especially after thew way he was there for TJ (in a completely non shippy, sibling kinda way ;). I do like Chloe too, but I don't really think Scott/Chloe works together. That's just my opinion. I mean I don't hate it with a burning passion of a thousand suns like another ship from another show. I don't hate the Chloe/Scott thing, I'm kinda more indifferent to it. I just don't think they really have much chemistry of the romantic nature for it to work *shrugs* :)

poundpuppy29
September 10th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I think they need more quality scenes for this ship to catch on with the fandom I think they got together too fast

Linda06
September 13th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I think they need more quality scenes for this ship to catch on with the fandom I think they got together too fast

I dunno, personally I still don't think it would have worked very well even if they were given more scenes together. I just don't see any romantic chemistry between them for it to work *shrugs*

Roseness
September 27th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hm... valid points on both sides. I personally don't like the ship too much. Fromt he writers of the TV show, I get why it is there.
It was a bit obvious of a ship (I think)as that was the "young new love interest" that shows tend to have and call for in their early stages.
As for the ship itself story-wise-
I agree that it is what was "good" for them right then. I also agree that they got together a bit fast. Perhaps a bit too fast for it too be anything too meaningful. (Just speculating.) And I agree that it is more of a lust thing, than a love thing. Perhaps, not as much for Scott, but I think it is for Chloe.
I am guessing they are going to play on the "friend" thing of Eli / Chloe and build on the Scott/Chloe dynamic just to drive us nuts. LOL.
Guess we will see soon.

poundpuppy29
September 28th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Hm... valid points on both sides. I personally don't like the ship too much. Fromt he writers of the TV show, I get why it is there.
It was a bit obvious of a ship (I think)as that was the "young new love interest" that shows tend to have and call for in their early stages.
I agree that it is what was "good" for them right then. I also agree that they got together a bit fast. Perhaps a bit too fast for it too be anything too meaningful. (Just speculating.) And I agree that it is more of a lust thing, than a love thing. Perhaps, not as much for Scott, but I think it is for Chloe.
I am guessing they are going to play on the "friend" thing of Eli / Chloe and build on the Scott/Chloe dynamic just to drive us nuts. LOL.
Guess we will see soon.

Awesome post I agree about lust thing for Chloe and love thing for Scott that is how it appears to me as well

Linda06
September 28th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Guess we will see soon.

Goo points. I too think it was just a lust thing for Chloe, not so sure about Scott. He does seem like he likes fooling around too *shrugs* I hope they don't keep this unrequited love thing with Eli too long, I'd hate for that to be dragged about for months or even years so I hope it gets wrapped up at the beginning of the second season and they're done with it and don't revisit it. I also hope that if Chloe/Scott do stay together for the foreseeable future that it's mostly in the background. Although I still don't see them working longterm. Well that's just my opinion anyways ;) :D

SupremeLegate
September 28th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Goo points. I too think it was just a lust thing for Chloe, not so sure about Scott. He does seem like he likes fooling around too *shrugs* I hope they don't keep this unrequited love thing with Eli too long, I'd hate for that to be dragged about for months or even years so I hope it gets wrapped up at the beginning of the second season and they're done with it and don't revisit it. I also hope that if Chloe/Scott do stay together for the foreseeable future that it's mostly in the background. Although I still don't see them working longterm. Well that's just my opinion anyways ;) :D

Well it does seem that they have settled it a little, at least in so far as Eli knows that Chloe knows. Not to mention it looks like Eli gets some interest from another women. I am assuming the Red Head from "Intervention".

Linda06
September 29th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Well it does seem that they have settled it a little, at least in so far as Eli knows that Chloe knows. Not to mention it looks like Eli gets some interest from another women. I am assuming the Red Head from "Intervention".

I haven't seen Intervention yet so I wouldn't know about that. We dson't get it here till Tuesday ;) But I hope Eli does find a nice girl, he deserves to have someone who cares for him :) But I hope they don't keep going back to the unrequited love thing with Chloe.

scelby
September 30th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I really believe that both Chloe and Matt love each other, each has shown that they care for one another and it's not just the sex imo. The writers really need to do a better job of showing it though. We never see private moments of conversation between the two. Mostly all we get is montage scenes of them in bed. What do they talk about? Besides sex what do they have in common? It's like the writers just decided that they would have a cannon couple from the start for fandom but they need to write it. If they don't know how to write it they need to find someone that does.

poundpuppy29
October 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
I really believe that both Chloe and Matt love each other, each has shown that they care for one another and it's not just the sex imo. The writers really need to do a better job of showing it though. We never see private moments of conversation between the two. Mostly all we get is montage scenes of them in bed. What do they talk about? Besides sex what do they have in common? It's like the writers just decided that they would have a cannon couple from the start for fandom but they need to write it. If they don't know how to write it they need to find someone that does.
great points I agree they need to write for it better

SupremeLegate
October 4th, 2010, 03:12 AM
great points I agree they need to write for it better

Unless of course that is how it is intended to appear.

Ashman
October 5th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Chloe & Scott won't last much longer. I see her moving on from Scott.

Cold Fuzz
October 5th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Chloe & Scott won't last much longer. I see her moving on from Scott.

If there is something strange going on with her physiologically because of the Smurfs, especially with her wounds healing inexplicably in Intervention, I think the mental in physical changes will be what will eventually drive them apart.

Skydiver
October 6th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Ladies and Gents

Please remember that you MUST tag all spoilers from the episodes.

Be nice and don't spoil your fellow fans

happyatlantis
October 8th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I think the Scott and Chloe pairing could last awhile. And when whatever happens to Chloe happens, I believe Matt would stand by her, if he truly does love her.

SupremeLegate
October 9th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I think the Scott and Chloe pairing could last awhile. And when whatever happens to Chloe happens, I believe Matt would stand by her, if he truly does love her.

Thats just it, I don't know if he truly does. Or even what it means to truly love someone.

Linda06
October 10th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I haven't seen anything yet that indicates that they are indeed in love. Maybe they will fall in love at some point, or maybe not. I guess only time will tell.

Egle01
October 10th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I haven't seen anything yet that indicates that they are indeed in love.We see too much those two in bed. :P "Light", "Space", "Divided", "Sabotage", "Intervention".

Though I really liked the end of "Aftermath", and I think their relationship will be put to the test again. I'm sure they care for each other, but Chloe in "Life" saying he's a real comfort and Scott wanting to take the shuttle to rescue her in "Space" makes me feel that Scott cares for Chloe tad more.

Linda06
October 10th, 2010, 08:43 AM
We see too much those two in bed. :P "Light", "Space", "Divided", "Sabotage", "Intervention".

Though I really liked the end of "Aftermath", and I think their relationship will be put to the test again. I'm sure they care for each other, but Chloe in "Life" saying he's a real comfort and Scott wanting to take the shuttle to rescue her in "Space" makes me feel that Scott cares for Chloe tad more.

Exactly, too much bed hopping and not enough talking :p I don't think either of them are in love with the other, yet. But they could grow to fall in love, or maybe they just like to be comforted by each other. We'll probably find out sooner or later if they're in it for the long haul ;)

happyatlantis
October 10th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Maybe they haven't realised they love each other yet, so as Linda06 said - time will tell.

scelby
October 19th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Pathogen : I was really nice to see Matt and Chloe actually talk about their relationship. I just wish it could have been a longer conversation and that they were not in bed when they had it.:)

MattSilver 3k
October 20th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I know this ship gets a lot of flack for being rushed or whatever, but I think I said at the time that the whole point of this coupling was to show how Destiny, or rather the horrors aboard it, pushed things for the two - they quickly bonded, and they found comfort in each other. At the time I used this as an excuse for my preferred ship Eli/Chloe to eventually get together - my hypothesis was that the bond between Chloe and Scott would fade to strong friendship while Eli and Chloe would go for love, but now I'm not so sure. Why? Pathogen sold the Chloe/Scott ship to me. By now, at least, I think there's genuine love there.

Not that there wasn't before or anything, but last season it felt like a mutually beneficial bond - comfort in each other and a bond over the first few days onboard the Destiny, tested by her alliance during the mutiny in Divided, and his frustration over that throughout Faith to Lost. That they got back together off screen in Sabotage was kind of a missed moment for the ship, but it actually works if the writers were deliberately being understated about the whole thing and wanting to reinforce the idea that the two bonded right from the start, and they would be tested in that bond, but eventually would have something real and something actually rather sweet.

Not that I'm discounting the Eli/Chloe ship - hell no, I think the idea of that ship is still awesome, but it seems to be a future - a waaaaayyyy future - development, and that the Scott/Chloe bond will continue for a bit, really play with the emotions of the audience, make them fall in real genuine love... and then destroy them. Utterly break their hearts somehow and have them go separately... It just feels that way to me. Hopefully, if we ever get to that point, the writers don't drop the ball on it.

Now, as to why I think Pathogen sold the ship for me, allow me to get into it...

That one conversation. Now, we see these two together quite a bit in montages - Chloe can't sleep in Space, Scott crying after Riley's death - and apart from the scene in Light (Where the relationship had just started and most viewers were still thinking Matt to be a manwhore) and the one in Divided (Where he's concerned over her nightmares), we don't really have a big scene of them talking about just them like the one in Pathogen here (Life had the revelation about Scott's son, but that was kinda different). Now, it's obvious Matt wanted to know about her recent behavioural problems - he was concerned - but I think it sorta turned into him detailing his fears over the relationship, and that was just excellent.

Now, although we don't get a full reciprocation from Chloe about his fears, the fact that he has them enough to be worried fuelled his actions for the rest of the episode - he was the most concerned about Chloe and only Chloe, always there and always with his heart on his sleeve. He was great in this, and he helped sell the ship to me in his love to her. Now, Chloe was going through some stuff of her own and wasn't quite one hundred percent with him and returning the favour, and while I do think that she has the same feelings, it's mostly Scott that sold the ship to me tonight.

Now it's just a matter of certain factors - how Chloe's new alliance with Rush will affect her relationship - if she'll take it for granted or not, and how Matt will react (Remember the trailer? Maybe he was punching out Rush?). It was understated before, and now the ship's going to, hopefully, get a lot more focus as Chloe's actions with Rush, and with the whole storyline, might be brought on by whatever Scott is or is not doing right...

SupremeLegate
October 20th, 2010, 03:32 AM
I can agree with all of that.

When they first got together I viewed it as, two people who were attracted to each other deciding “We’re going to die, so why not” and then when they did not die they began to get to know each other, not the traditional way things go but that it not always a bad thing.

Now though, thanks to “Pathogen” we see that they do have genuine feelings for each other, Scott toward Chloe most certainly. And I could see them being together for a while, which I am both happy and unhappy about.

Unhappy simply because I want Chloe to be with Eli, I just think they have a better emotional bond. But I am also happy because I don’t want them to get together too quickly, as both character need to develop for a bit first.

Bagpuss
October 20th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Ladies and Gents

Please remember that you MUST tag all spoilers from the episodes.

Be nice and don't spoil your fellow fans
What she said ^ .:)

To help you guys I've added a spoiler warning to the thread.

Please state ( or make it otherwise obvious ) which ep you're spoiling.

Thanks ! :)

Bagpuss

poundpuppy29
December 1st, 2010, 11:08 AM
I just caught up on the thread and I have watched Pathogen and Cloverfield and I believe Chloe cares for Scott as well. I watch on hulu.com which is a month behind syfy

Iowa_Stargate
December 10th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I'm caught up on the post.

I am not a fan of the relationship. I felt it absolutely came out of nowhere. Prior to their "moment" after the end of Air, they never looked or shared a "moment" until they were in the same room. I think the writers just threw it together to keep the high school element of the characters in play (come on, you cannot deny that pairing Chloe and Matt in Eli's face as a complete High school drama act, and you can't help but feel sick of the whole good looking girl goes for the Jock scenario) I don not think that just being on the ship pushed them towards each other, I think its just a matter of Chloe likes the athletic military guy who can "protect" her over the genius. I'm sure you can tell I resent the pairing, but come on! Eli is obviously one of the "stars" and seeing him heartbroken is just annoying.

SupremeLegate
December 10th, 2010, 08:00 PM
I'm caught up on the post.

I am not a fan of the relationship. I felt it absolutely came out of nowhere. Prior to their "moment" after the end of Air, they never looked or shared a "moment" until they were in the same room. I think the writers just threw it together to keep the high school element of the characters in play (come on, you cannot deny that pairing Chloe and Matt in Eli's face as a complete High school drama act, and you can't help but feel sick of the whole good looking girl goes for the Jock scenario) I don not think that just being on the ship pushed them towards each other, I think its just a matter of Chloe likes the athletic military guy who can "protect" her over the genius. I'm sure you can tell I resent the pairing, but come on! Eli is obviously one of the "stars" and seeing him heartbroken is just annoying.

While I am no fan of these two, I think it is a bit more complicated. I think they shared a moment, made a connection, and then thought they were going to die. So they gave into their impulses, but then they survived and thought that they have a deeper connection. And since then we have not really seen them go much deeper in their relationship, their just sorta together.

I think Cloverdale showed Scott's own doubts and concerns regarding their relationship. And now I think Chloe is starting to see those same cracks, as she pointed out sure he visits but that is it. Further, how much do they actually know about each other? I figure the Chloe/Scott supporters will know the answer to that, I admit to glazing over when it comes to them.

Now as for Chloe going for Scott, I think it is her going for what she thinks she is supposed to go for. Look at her "friends" in 'Life,' the only reason they were friends with her was because of her father. Which makes me wonder, why was she friends with them? I bet it is similar with her past boyfriends. So she went for a certain type of guy, and Scott fits that type.

Lastly, I don't think the writers put them together to "keep the high school element," I think it is more them showing what happens people are put into an intense situation and how that can affect them emotionally.

poundpuppy29
March 19th, 2011, 10:57 AM
started a new game
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ows-and-movies