This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citizen Joe

does anyone else think that it is a bit odd for Citizen Joe to be right before moebus(?sp?)-it almost seems that they (TPTB)are getting off track-it seems like Citizen Joe has nothing to do with the s8 chain of events.
    this is just my theory, and because i have not seen the ep, i might be wrong.

p.s. if it has aired somewhere(i dont think so) could somone whose seen it explain wether or not i am right or not.
    any comments would be appreciated

-Corey2002
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

You'll probably find they wanted to save some money by making a "filler" episode. That way they can spend more money on SFX in the next episode.
    Last edited by Nathan; 10 January 2005, 08:20 PM. Reason: yay I'm so good at typos

Comment

Considering the company "Citizen Joe" is keeping - it looks to be this years SG1 requesit "flash back" episode.

Every year SG1 does this, SGA just did one too.

Being surrounded on both sides with (from what ive read) to be some of the series(note: I said series, not season) best episodes Threads (the 90minute special episode) and Moebius the end of season 2 parter (that sounds REALLY, REALLY cool), not to mention the Reckoning 2 parter before Threads you can pretty much assume its a filler episode. Simply put the five surrounding episodes simply sound to good - so inleast one needs to be a little bit lame.

Comment

I read (I think here) that "Citizen Joe" is NOT gonna be a clip show.
        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
          I'm pretty sure it is a clip show, but won't solely be clips we've seen, there's stuff they just filmed and are saying it happened 3, 4, 5, etc. years ago.

However, I'm damn sure it will be a good episode (Like Letters From Pegasus)

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477

Apparently, they filmed new scenes for flashback -- but don't take my word until next Tuesday, as that's when it airs in the UK.

I'm doubting that 'Citizen Joe' will air before the finale in the US too .. it has no releation between 'Threads' and 'Moebius'.
            __

__

Comment

Citizen Joe looks to be a horrid episode. Politics, Disclosure and Inauguration were all good episodes with excellent plots that used clips to support then. Citizen Joe, just like Out of Mind, looks to be a hackneyed plot made just to show clips.

TPTB know how to write clips episodes - write a plot, then put clips in, not write a plot that allows you to show clips. Citizen Joe seems to be going afainst that constant and it just looks like a terrible and tacky wayto save money.

BYE
              "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                TPTB know how to write clips episodes - write a plot, then put clips in, not write a plot that allows you to show clips. Citizen Joe seems to be going afainst that constant and it just looks like a terrible and tacky wayto save money.

Every season has an episode(s) of flash-backs but you are correct -- it's used to save money, generally for the finale where they spend big on their effects. Especially this year since 'Reckoning', 'Threads' and 'Moebius' will probably be jammed with good storylines accompanied with the effects too .. in that case I don't mind a clip show, as long as it has plot too.
                __

__

Comment

I'd like to add something.

I just watched Letters from Pegasus. It was supposedly a clips episode. Yes, it did have clips in it, but they were almost an afterthought. Actually, apart from one scene (Zelenka's bit), you could remove the clips and it episode would still flow perfectly. Letters from Pegasus is one of the best episodes of Atlantis to date IMO, and really shows that TPTB can write good, strong plots that involve clips but don't centre around clips. Furthermore, money was hardly "saved" in 'Letters'. Spoilers below...

Spoiler:

Big shots of the Wraith fleet. A full culling on progress. Dart effects. Dart beaming effects. New Puddle-jumper FX shots. New Wormhole shots. Cloaking effects.

So, it really begs the question, how can we go from 'Letters', to this:

"Seven years ago, Joe -- a happily married middle-class father -- picked up an odd-looking stone marked with strange glyphs at a garage sale. Ever since, he has been seeing visions of a top-secret Air Force unit commanded by Jack O'Neill, who leads a team through an ancient portal called the Stargate. From nanites on Argos ("Brief Candle") to the Goa'uld attack on Earth ("Lost City, Part 2"), Joe has watched the team's adventures and written down these stories as a man with a vivid imagination."

I mean, doesn't that just sound like a terribly contrived way of having a clips show. Oh... some dude found this thing and now knows all about SG-1... umm.. ROLL CLIPS! As much fun as RDA may have had on set with the guy who voices Homer, the episode still sounds like utter crap.

BYE
                  "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

If new footage has been filmed for flashbacks, then by its very definition it ain't a clip show. A clip show uses clips. Old footage, to save the cost of filming new footage.

From the photos I've seen of this one, it does look as though the flashbacks are new clips. At least, I don't recognise the ones where Daniel has S1/2 hair from any episode. But that means nothing - could be forgetting something. Still, it's looking very hopeful not to be a clip show and I'm looking forward to this one.

I've just spotted that GW has moved this one up to episode 15 as that's the order SKY is going to show them in, apparently. That does seem to make a lot more sense than it being right before the last two episodes. It's a standalone by the looks of it and not connected to the story arc that seems to begin with Reckoning and carries right through to Mobius, so it always looked out of place as episode 18.

Albion
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                      If new footage has been filmed for flashbacks, then by its very definition it ain't a clip show. A clip show uses clips. Old footage, to save the cost of filming new footage.

From the photos I've seen of this one, it does look as though the flashbacks are new clips. At least, I don't recognise the ones where Daniel has S1/2 hair from any episode. But that means nothing - could be forgetting something. Still, it's looking very hopeful not to be a clip show and I'm looking forward to this one.
                      Just seen it tonight, and you're right. Quite alot of the clips are new... including some with a very cute Daniel... inbetween S1 hair and S3! It's not short... but not long either. A completely different look. And very sexy. Ahem. I didn't care it was a clip show... it was much more enjoyable than say, Inauguration.

Comment

I thought it was a great flashback ep. The guy who plays Homer is so funny.

Sy~
                        A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
                        "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
                        "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Comment

I agree... it seems a bit out of place. In the past the clip shows have added to the plots.

and even if it is just a filler, it right in the middle of the big bang end!

Either way, im sure it will be interesting

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                          DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

I hope the other episodes are worth it! Cause this episode was f***ing boring. Long time ago that an episode was boring.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankGuthrie
                              I hope the other episodes are worth it! Cause this episode was f***ing boring. Long time ago that an episode was boring.
                              Personally I found it entertaining. Lots of little quips about the show, much like it was making fun of itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X