PDA

View Full Version : Stargate New Seasons : OOC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RogueRanger
July 27th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Hi and Welcome to GATEWORLD'S STARGATE 'NEW SEASONS' RPG.

The aim will be to create a "What if" RPG on the basis that our two favourite shows had been able to continue. Essentially we'll be starting with SG1 season 11 and have Atlantis season 6 interwoven with.

Currently we have arcs for both Atlantis and SG1, there are many folders and ongoing missions for these two storylines.

As from early January 2010, we will be starting our SGU arc and if you are interested in joining this or our other two arcs, please have a read over our threads, get a feel for how we play and most importantly check out the Rules and Regs, Character threads and OC bio threads.

You will be able to choose a current character and create your own OC as well. We have writers on board with us who are scripting our plots and as much as possible with Role Play, we will endeavour to keep as close to canon as we can.

So please PM me if you're interested, or you can post in this thread or the Main Character thread. This thread is our Discussion page, so if you wish you can let me know here as well and claim your character. Thanx.

Mel:sam:

Please read these threads for important information before you apply:)

Rules and Regs

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?76285-STARGATE-NEW-SEASONS-Rules-and-Regulations

Main Character lists

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?76237-Stargate-new-seasons-character-list

Here is the OC's thread
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?76281-Stargate-new-seasons-original-characters-list-%28oc-s%29

Weedle
July 28th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Hey RR, I'll be in it with you no worries. I'm not sure who I'd like to play, maybe I'll just stick with an OC on a SG team if that would be ok.

RogueRanger
July 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Thank you Weedle. What about Siler or Walter Harriman?:D

puddlejumperOZ
July 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I'll be here for you Pumpkin, and of course I'll take O'Neill:D

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
July 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Hey if PJOZ is in im in too. and of course ill take either rodney or daniel

RogueRanger
July 28th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Hey if PJOZ is in im in too. and of course ill take either rodney or daniel

Thanks Setsuna, I think Daniel would be ok as we will start with SG1. I'll keep updates going as much as I can. And send out PM's when something concrete is established.:)

Replicator Fifth
July 28th, 2010, 05:43 PM
How about a character that is supposed to be dead?

RogueRanger
July 28th, 2010, 05:53 PM
If you mean Fifth, it'd be hard as we want try and keep "perceived" canon. But there are ways. We could find a another Mirror, or like Janet came back, as a AU character.

benoz777
July 29th, 2010, 02:20 PM
You got me kid, I'll do Siler as I'm not here too often and that'd suit me fine:D

Weedle
July 29th, 2010, 07:18 PM
If Colonel Reynolds is in the game, I'll take him and I'll make a Kiwi NPC (naturally):D

Col.Foley
July 29th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I think I shall be Cam.

puddlejumperOZ
July 29th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Do you think Mel, we should use MacGregor again, or too much exposure already?:jack:

puddlejumperOZ
July 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I think I shall be Cam.

Holy Buckets Foley:P Very nice timing, we could revive the Cam/MacGregor flight school:D

Col.Foley
July 29th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Holy Buckets Foley:P Very nice timing, we could revive the Cam/MacGregor flight school:D

Heh that sounds like a nice idea ;)

squirrely1
July 29th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I would love to play but I wanted to be Vala :(

RogueRanger
July 29th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hey Aunty Q, that's ok I'll swap if ya like, but I'm not really good with Sam, so....ok I'll do Doctor Lam and you can have Vala:D

Col.Foley
July 29th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Actually I might do Walter...bit part...would love to do cam though :S Oh well this is just in the planning stages anyways so it really does not matter ;).

colbmista
July 29th, 2010, 07:52 PM
if i was any good at text rpg id play as a pegeasus wraith runner similar to ronin but not exactly like him but yeah i suck at these type of things so im not gunna participate. sorry

RogueRanger
July 29th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Up to you Foley, but when you can confirm i'l start posting which ones are taken. Cam is still yours if you want:D

RogueRanger
July 29th, 2010, 07:54 PM
if i was any good at text rpg id play as a pegeasus wraith runner similar to ronin but not exactly like him but yeah i suck at these type of things so im not gunna participate. sorry

It's ok Colby, but if you change your mind we can help you with the posts:D

Col.Foley
July 29th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Up to you Foley, but when you can confirm i'l start posting which ones are taken. Cam is still yours if you want:D

Leaning in that direction ;)

squirrely1
July 29th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Hey Aunty Q, that's ok I'll swap if ya like, but I'm not really good with Sam, so....ok I'll do Doctor Lam and you can have Vala:D

Are you sure Mel? I would love to be Vala...cuz I just love her character and feel I really know her but I don't want to take anything away from you especially since this was your project.

RogueRanger
July 29th, 2010, 08:02 PM
No no, Vala was only a whim for me anyway, and as I'm still studying it will be easier for me to do Carolyn and and OC of my own. Oh you all can create you own personal OC as well:D

Col.Foley
July 29th, 2010, 08:04 PM
No no, Vala was only a whim for me anyway, and as I'm still studying it will be easier for me to do Carolyn and and OC of my own. Oh you all can create you own personal OC as well:D

So do we have to have an OC?

RogueRanger
July 29th, 2010, 08:11 PM
This is a preview of how posts will be made once we get started.

<<Gateroom>>-<<Chulak>>

{Doctor Carolyn Lam}-{Vala Mal Doran}

"Vala I want you to make sure the villagers get these." Carolyn handed a package of medical supplies to SG1's chief mischief maker.

To start with you mark your current location as above and where you are going to next to it in bold.

You choose a font colour for your character and keep that always. You place the speakers next to each other like I did and colour them with their colours, and so on. If your character is thinking it will be like this "I hope she doesn't ask them to pay for it." Carolyn thought to herself.

Oh and you can't post speech or actions of another player, you can though do so with NPC's. They are free random characters we use to fill in the gaps.

RogueRanger
July 29th, 2010, 08:13 PM
So do we have to have an OC?

It's not necessary Foley, only if you wish, or you think you need one to carry the plot. Say if you are Cam, and you'd like to interact with someone personal or a friend, or for any reason that might carry the story a little further.

squirrely1
July 29th, 2010, 08:16 PM

Ok then... I'll be Vala...but I will admit I have never really done this before.... I can write tho and have written fan fic but I just haven't participated in this....so you may decide to vote me off the team or something :P And if we just picked a character.... I will be Vala....why do I need to make up an OC? Not sure I understand that?

Col.Foley
July 29th, 2010, 08:16 PM
It's not necessary Foley, only if you wish, or you think you need one to carry the plot. Say if you are Cam, and you'd like to interact with someone personal or a friend, or for any reason that might carry the story a little further.

Sounds good ;)

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
July 29th, 2010, 08:30 PM
i confirm my position as daniel

RogueRanger
July 29th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Ok guys thank you. The reason we have OC's is to expand the plot, but as I said you don't have to have one. But think of it this way, when you see people on say one of the big ships, like the Apollo, you might be Vala, but there is a Med tech you think should have a role as well, or a village elder. Some of these will be casual, some re-curring. They can start as NPC's but if you use them often, they'll turn into OC's. Me I'm going use my character of Cate MacGregor from dad's story, she's an ex ASIS agent who joins the SGC and she will go on missions with maybe SG1 and such.:D

squirrely1
July 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Ok guys thank you. The reason we have OC's is to expand the plot, but as I said you don't have to have one. But think of it this way, when you see people on say one of the big ships, like the Apollo, you might be Vala, but there is a Med tech you think should have a role as well, or a village elder. Some of these will be casual, some re-curring. They can start as NPC's but if you use them often, they'll turn into OC's. Me I'm going use my character of Cate MacGregor from dad's story, she's an ex ASIS agent who joins the SGC and she will go on missions with maybe SG1 and such.:D

Nice ;) So can we have "cross over" characters from other shows....like Abby from NCIS? Or would that be too confusing? Just wondering where the boundaries are. We my want to start up a social group for this mel just so we have a place to knock around ideas unless this thread is for that...and you will start a new thread for the actual RP?

RogueRanger
July 29th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Yes to both, eventually when it gets big enough the Mods will grant us sub-folder status, so that there'll be the main folder, and when you open it, there'll be folders for discussion, missions, locations, registration and so on. We'll keep the discussion here for now, and when we start I'll create a new folder yes. As to cross-overs, if it fits within the story, why not. I was thinking of bringing Sydney Bristow in as well for guest appearences. So if say something happened on Earth like a dead Lucian Alliance guy turns up in Florida, well NCIS would probably get involved if the SGC didn't get early notice of it:D

Weedle
July 29th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Sydney Bristow:cool: But you'll have twins RR, your charrie is using her pic isn't she?

squirrely1
July 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Yes to both, eventually when it gets big enough the Mods will grant us sub-folder status, so that there'll be the main folder, and when you open it, there'll be folders for discussion, missions, locations, registration and so on. We'll keep the discussion here for now, and when we start I'll create a new folder yes. As to cross-overs, if it fits within the story, why not. I was thinking of bringing Sydney Bristow in as well for guest appearences. So if say something happened on Earth like a dead Lucian Alliance guy turns up in Florida, well NCIS would probably get involved if the SGC didn't get early notice of it:D

Awesome thanks :)

Weedle
July 29th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hey this is gonna be so cool, I've always wanted to be a part of Stargate.........yeah. Hey I like the sig, nice car, looks like a 34' Ford?:D

squirrely1
July 29th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Hey this is gonna be so cool, I've always wanted to be a part of Stargate.........yeah. Hey I like the sig, nice car, looks like a 34' Ford?:D

I have no idea but I like it too....it was from an NCIS ep ....a great Abby one ;)

And yeah likewise..... I am looking forward to starting this :)

Weedle
July 29th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Oh yeah, I've played a few RPG's, Stargate one's especially, but they always want to go off into LaLa land, and not keep it as it was, this is a chance for us to keep the shows alive. Which reminds me, will there be any reference to SGU?

Apollodragon
July 30th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Let me think about it this weekend. If I do play I think an anthropologist/archeologist is what I would play, if Daniel is taken. The reason I would play an anthropologist/archeologist is because I have an actual background in it.

RogueRanger
July 30th, 2010, 01:36 PM
That'd be fine, Apollo you could do an OC assistant to Daniel and then move onto Atlantis later. and you could also take a character such as Major Marks on the Daedalus if you like:D

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
July 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
or he could have daniel and i could play another character since he has a background in it and i am a more science type which is why i also wanted to do rodney

RogueRanger
July 30th, 2010, 02:47 PM
or he could have daniel and i could play another character since he has a background in it and i am a more science type which is why i also wanted to do rodney

Hey that would be great Setsu, I'll tell him. You can have Rodney and do a OC for the SGC thread:D

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
July 30th, 2010, 02:55 PM
works 4 me:P

RogueRanger
July 30th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Cool, that'd be great, there is still plenty of scope for a science character in SG1 as well:D

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
July 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM
i still wonder if sam and jack ever hooked up

or daniel and vala

as 4 the character how about commander john crighton:D(tribute to Ben Browder)

kidding:P

umm lets see Lt. Cmdr. Batou Kusanagi transferred in from Japans ISDF

RogueRanger
July 30th, 2010, 03:37 PM
As an OC Kusanagi or Crichton would work well:D

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
July 30th, 2010, 03:41 PM
yeah crighton would except it would be twins with cam

so i think kusanagi will be better

RogueRanger
July 30th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Okey dokey. When I make a seperate thread for OC's, your can post bio and character pic in there:D

Aragon101
July 30th, 2010, 09:33 PM
So Mel has contracted out my services (ha!) to this RPG. Having never been involved in one, i'm guessing my foot will remain lodged in my mouth except on the odd occasion i switch feet (They do get tired you know?)

I'd likely be handling Sheppard, as well my OC, Dan Drake. I had a full bio of Dan on an old thread of Garrowan's and i'll likely just copy paste as it's quite detailed though missing a few key parts. Don't expect me around too much though, got other preoccupations ATM (if you know what i've been up to, you know what that is :P)

I'm still waiting to hear on how i'll be compensated though so we'll see ;)

here's a quick bio of Dan Drake

Lt. Dan Drake (Formerly named Slobodan Draculic)
USMC, Combat Engineer(Sapper).
Born in Sarajevo, Raised in the mean streats of Washington DC.
35 years old, never got above 1st Lt despite excellent service because he has an attitude.
Actor Face: Jamie Bamber :P

squirrely1
July 30th, 2010, 11:09 PM
So Mel has contracted out my services (ha!) to this RPG. Having never been involved in one, i'm guessing my foot will remain lodged in my mouth except on the odd occasion i switch feet (They do get tired you know?)

I'd likely be handling Sheppard, as well my OC, Dan Drake. I had a full bio of Dan on an old thread of Garrowan's and i'll likely just copy paste as it's quite detailed though missing a few key parts. Don't expect me around too much though, got other preoccupations ATM (if you know what i've been up to, you know what that is :P)

35 years old, never got above 1st Lt despite excellent service because he has an attitude.

AWESOME! Glad to see you are a part of this Aragon :D And Jamie Bamber... Face....nice ;) :D

fugiman
July 31st, 2010, 12:20 AM
Finally caught up on the thread you guys have been doing some work however I would like to suggest before we go any further to set up a few things

1. General Plot
2. General Time Line to match up with SGU and Atlantis
3. Who and what we need

Also my character will be Major Jay Sky USMC and team leader of SG-3 :D well if Can have that but here is my bio for my character

Name: Jay Sky
Race: Earth human
Homeworld: Earth
DOB: July 29, 1977 (31)
Height: 6"0
Blood Type: O-
Hair: Brown buzz cut
Eyes: Brown
ID Marks: Dog Tag and scaring from bullet wounds and plasma blasts

Professional Information
Organization: USMC and SGC
Rank O-4
Assignment: Marine Combat team

Personal History: Jay was born in 1977 in an United States Air Force Hospital in Japan to Nancy and Robert Sky. From any early age Jay’s life was around the military as he jumped from base to base with his parents. Finally his father was given a permeant job at N.O.R.A.D. His father’s job was to work with other nations on their defenses against a USSR invasion into the west. His mother worked on base as a school teacher. So finally settling down Jay was raised in Colorado Springs where he found his home for the first time. He started playing sports at a young age and found himself to be a natural.

In High school he played football as a Wide Receiver. He worked his ass off to get 3.7 GPA and was ranked in the top 100 in his class. He knew he wanted to be in the military and was planning on going to the Air Force Academy when he decided that he wanted something a little different and also applied to the Naval Academy in Annapolis and much to his father’s dismay got accepted. So Jay accepted the Naval Academy offer and went to Annapolis, he even played for the football team as a wide receiver. However the four years went fast and Jay finally made it out. However he didn’t go with the navy but the marine corp instead. At first he was assigned to embassy protection as he wanted to stay in the infantry but also wanted the chance of some real action. Unfortunately he didn’t get any so after two years he was reassigned but state side with a marine infantry division. In 2001 his infantry division was one of the first sent into Afghanistan. Jay thought he was ready for real combat but soon found it be more than anything had prepared him for. However instead of losing himself he found himself and became a great field officer. His men gave him the nick name “Clarence” as Jay acts like a guardian angel and has one of the lowest casualty rate for the armed forces. Then after two years of service in Afghanistan he is selected by the SGC for a XO position on SG-3. Jay accept the position and starts to work for the SGC. At first he couldn’t believe it but after the first time stepping through the gate he knew he couldn’t have it any other way.

His first real mission is escaping a Kull warrior, his team had been ambushed and they had lost one of their enlisted and a civilian and then the CO caught a blast and was disabled. Jay doing what he had been trained to do took charge of the group and was able to trap the kull under debris and escape back to the SGC and keeping his CO alive, so his nick name of “Clarence” keeps hold in the SGC. Jay keeps working for the SGC and is one of the marine volunteers that is sent to Atlantis. He is wounded in the battle as he tried to take a wraith on by himself and finally using a grenade to kill the wraith but also breaking three of his ribs and taking shrapnel 2 inches from his heart. After recovering from his wounds he continues to work for the SGC and fighting against the ori. After the ori had finally been beaten he was given a promotion and give the command of SG-3 marine support team.

Training and Education:
Elementry School- Rockridge
Middle School- Middleton
High School- East High
College- United States Naval Academy
-Mathematics
- USMC Basic Training
- First Aid Certificate
- M4 Training
- P90 Training
- MP7 Training
- MP7 Training
-FIM-92 Stinger Training
-AA-12 Automatic Shotgun Training
-M203 40mm grenade launcher Training
-Special Ops training
-Advanced Tactics and leadership training
-Advanced unarmed combat

Military Record:
commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant in 1999
Assigned to Embassy Protection Detail
Promoted to 1st Lieutenant in 2000
Reassigned to 10th Marine Infantry
Shipped to Afghanistan 2001
Reassigned to SGC 2003
Assigned to SG-3 2003
Promoted to Captain 2004
Made XO of SG-3
Promoted to Major 2007
Made CO of SG-3

Skills: Fighting:
- Black Belt in Krav Maga
-Training in Spaceship controls ranging from tel’tak to BC-304s and everything in between

Weapons- Modified M4, Grandpa's M1911A1 Pistol, Combat Knife

Ancient Gene: has undergone gene treatment

Aragon101
July 31st, 2010, 12:37 AM
Finally caught up on the thread you guys have been doing some work however I would like to suggest before we go any further to set up a few things

1. General Plot
3. Who and what we need

*snip*

It's being worked out, but the basic premise and style will be a continuation of both SG-1 and SG-A's storyline. the specifics will be worked out over the next few days.

That's a DETAILED background! I'm impressed :P

RogueRanger
August 1st, 2010, 12:26 PM

Wonderful thankyou Sam, I'll make a page now for the OC's and list you as Sheppard:D Um compensation, I'll have to ask Tony:P

1. General Plot
3. Who and what we need

Also my character will be Major Jay Sky USMC and team leader of SG-3 :D well if Can have that but here is my bio for my character

Name: Jay Sky
Race: Earth human
Homeworld: Earth
DOB: July 29, 1977 (31)
Height: 6"0
Blood Type: O-
Hair: Brown buzz cut
Eyes: Brown
ID Marks: Dog Tag and scaring from bullet wounds and plasma blasts

Professional Information
Organization: USMC and SGC
Rank O-4
Assignment: Marine Combat team

Personal History: Jay was born in 1977 in an United States Air Force Hospital in Japan to Nancy and Robert Sky. From any early age Jay’s life was around the military as he jumped from base to base with his parents. Finally his father was given a permeant job at N.O.R.A.D. His father’s job was to work with other nations on their defenses against a USSR invasion into the west. His mother worked on base as a school teacher. So finally settling down Jay was raised in Colorado Springs where he found his home for the first time. He started playing sports at a young age and found himself to be a natural.

In High school he played football as a Wide Receiver. He worked his ass off to get 3.7 GPA and was ranked in the top 100 in his class. He knew he wanted to be in the military and was planning on going to the Air Force Academy when he decided that he wanted something a little different and also applied to the Naval Academy in Annapolis and much to his father’s dismay got accepted. So Jay accepted the Naval Academy offer and went to Annapolis, he even played for the football team as a wide receiver. However the four years went fast and Jay finally made it out. However he didn’t go with the navy but the marine corp instead. At first he was assigned to embassy protection as he wanted to stay in the infantry but also wanted the chance of some real action. Unfortunately he didn’t get any so after two years he was reassigned but state side with a marine infantry division. In 2001 his infantry division was one of the first sent into Afghanistan. Jay thought he was ready for real combat but soon found it be more than anything had prepared him for. However instead of losing himself he found himself and became a great field officer. His men gave him the nick name “Clarence” as Jay acts like a guardian angel and has one of the lowest casualty rate for the armed forces. Then after two years of service in Afghanistan he is selected by the SGC for a XO position on SG-3. Jay accept the position and starts to work for the SGC. At first he couldn’t believe it but after the first time stepping through the gate he knew he couldn’t have it any other way.

His first real mission is escaping a Kull warrior, his team had been ambushed and they had lost one of their enlisted and a civilian and then the CO caught a blast and was disabled. Jay doing what he had been trained to do took charge of the group and was able to trap the kull under debris and escape back to the SGC and keeping his CO alive, so his nick name of “Clarence” keeps hold in the SGC. Jay keeps working for the SGC and is one of the marine volunteers that is sent to Atlantis. He is wounded in the battle as he tried to take a wraith on by himself and finally using a grenade to kill the wraith but also breaking three of his ribs and taking shrapnel 2 inches from his heart. After recovering from his wounds he continues to work for the SGC and fighting against the ori. After the ori had finally been beaten he was given a promotion and give the command of SG-3 marine support team.

Training and Education:
Elementry School- Rockridge
Middle School- Middleton
High School- East High
College- United States Naval Academy
-Mathematics
- USMC Basic Training
- First Aid Certificate
- M4 Training
- P90 Training
- MP7 Training
- MP7 Training
-FIM-92 Stinger Training
-AA-12 Automatic Shotgun Training
-M203 40mm grenade launcher Training
-Special Ops training
-Advanced Tactics and leadership training
-Advanced unarmed combat

Military Record:
commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant in 1999
Assigned to Embassy Protection Detail
Promoted to 1st Lieutenant in 2000
Reassigned to 10th Marine Infantry
Shipped to Afghanistan 2001
Reassigned to SGC 2003
Assigned to SG-3 2003
Promoted to Captain 2004
Made XO of SG-3
Promoted to Major 2007
Made CO of SG-3

Skills: Fighting:
- Black Belt in Krav Maga
-Training in Spaceship controls ranging from tel’tak to BC-304s and everything in between

Weapons- Modified M4, Grandpa's M1911A1 Pistol, Combat Knife

Ancient Gene: has undergone gene treatment

That is wonderful Fugi, thank you.

It's being worked out, but the basic premise and style will be a continuation of both SG-1 and SG-A's storyline. the specifics will be worked out over the next few days.

That's a DETAILED background! I'm impressed :P

Me too:D

fugiman
August 1st, 2010, 01:34 PM
I have done a lot of RPG so I know how to make a good profile so thanks guys and if anyone needs help let me know

RogueRanger
August 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
I would like to announce here that Fugiman has accepted and taken on the role of Admin with me. Please see the Bio page here (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76281-Stargate-new-seasons-original-characters-list-(oc-s)) for your guide. All bio submissions will be PM'd to either me or Fugiman for approval;)

Jynjyr
August 1st, 2010, 02:11 PM
As I have never watched SG:Atlantis or anything past S8 of SG-1, I guess I'll have a hard time fitting here. :S
I think I'll pass on this and stick to Aftermath for now.

Aragon101
August 1st, 2010, 02:40 PM
As I have never watched SG:Atlantis or anything past S8 of SG-1, I guess I'll have a hard time fitting here. :S
I think I'll pass on this and stick to Aftermath for now.

Since the story will be introduced in a day or two, really that doesn't matter too much if you're playing an SG-1 character. Atlantis yeah, it'd be a problem, but SG-1's story will be nice and neatly pressed out.

And yes, you guys can take that as we're working on it :P i've got to do some crash course on how this works so gimme a bit :P

RogueRanger
August 1st, 2010, 02:47 PM
I'll be posting up a FAQ and Rules thread soon, so a lot of Q's will be answered there. RPGing is fairly simple when you have experienced guides:D

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
August 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM
my OC's bio will be in in a while had some overheating probs with my lappy:(
but i managed to fix it by rerouting the power to the fans through a usb port so no more probs.

RogueRanger
August 1st, 2010, 04:29 PM
Oh I had that until mum and dad got me this cradle thingy with extra fans in it:D

Amanda_Tapping_Fan
August 2nd, 2010, 12:11 AM
Hiya, posted this on the other thread but I would love to play sam if shes still avalible

Isolde
August 2nd, 2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks for asking me if I would play Keller, and I'm certainly interested, but like a number of others I also need some idea of the storyline and so on. I'm also interested in writing Todd, because I do, if I say so myself, have him nailed. :D

The only thing I want to know, and I get that I'm in the minority, is if this is going to be a kill-fest for the Wraith, or whether there is going to be a plot that does not necessarily involve huge guns? I can write tech, but when all it is is space battle, firing off rounds of ammo, or gung-ho heroics, I get a bit bogged down. A story is nothing without an emotional element.

On that note, do you have a writer for the prologue?

Trillian52
August 2nd, 2010, 12:49 AM
I'd like to have a go at playing but I've never done this sort of thing before. Sadly the character I've written most in my fanfics is Todd (yes I know, I need to broaden my repertoire) so since Iz has been invited to write for him, I'll just sit it out and enjoy the story. :D

Aragon101
August 2nd, 2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks for asking me if I would play Keller, and I'm certainly interested, but like a number of others I also need some idea of the storyline and so on. I'm also interested in writing Todd, because I do, if I say so myself, have him nailed. :D

The only thing I want to know, and I get that I'm in the minority, is if this is going to be a kill-fest for the Wraith, or whether there is going to be a plot that does not necessarily involve huge guns? I can write tech, but when all it is is space battle, firing off rounds of ammo, or gung-ho heroics, I get a bit bogged down. A story is nothing without an emotional element.

Speaking. :P

The storyline is in the process of being worked out (i've been trading emails and witty comebacks with RR all night)

in the end the story is up to her as it's her RPG, but my consultation has been productive i'd say as the first "plot" that will arise is mostly worked out (at least that's what i gathered)

As far as Atlantis and the Wraith...It is definitely being considered, but the Wraith may not be the only element in Pegasus. I'll be honest, i've never been a fan of allying with the Wraith, Even Todd. It just feels too much like Atlantis are a bunch of chumps who fall int ohis plans or are just used by him.

The SG-1 story is coming along nicely, and the Atlantis story will likely move back to Pegasus fast. We'll see what happens :)

Aragon101
August 2nd, 2010, 01:03 AM
One last thing before i go to bed...

I'm pretty sure it's okay if i say this, but the SG-1 story is going to be more or less based on the "Fait Accompli" collab i'm working on with several other writers. While the initial premise is similar, There will be alot of differences and much more 'variety' so to speak. I've started to sdraw up a "timeline" with 'random events' that the players will have to contend with when it happens :P

As far as Atlantis, Well i still haven't worked that out with RR, but i do know she wants to head back there. As i've said, Todd should still be on Atlantis as of EATG so i don't see why he wouldn't be around.

And to allay concerns, no, as far as myself personally am concerned, this isn't going to juts be a blood and guts and gore and shoot em all and let god sort em out story :P I'm quite teh fan of intrigue and more 'cerebral" (I use that term very very lightly) dramatic stuff. If you've read my stuff you'll know this :P .

Just ask RR, i've been arguing quite a bit about a few deets i'm not so sure on :lol: I'm sure i've been a bigger pain in the ass than the tack someone left on her chair.

RogueRanger
August 2nd, 2010, 01:11 PM

Yes we do Issy and we'll be happy for you to do Keller. Thank you:D

I'd like to have a go at playing but I've never done this sort of thing before. Sadly the character I've written most in my fanfics is Todd (yes I know, I need to broaden my repertoire) so since Iz has been invited to write for him, I'll just sit it out and enjoy the story. :D
Trill could you and Issy work something out. We would prefer for players to have only one main character and an OC, so Todd is still available.;)

Isolde
August 2nd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Speaking. :P

The storyline is in the process of being worked out (i've been trading emails and witty comebacks with RR all night)

in the end the story is up to her as it's her RPG, but my consultation has been productive i'd say as the first "plot" that will arise is mostly worked out (at least that's what i gathered)

As far as Atlantis and the Wraith...It is definitely being considered, but the Wraith may not be the only element in Pegasus. I'll be honest, i've never been a fan of allying with the Wraith, Even Todd. It just feels too much like Atlantis are a bunch of chumps who fall int ohis plans or are just used by him.

The SG-1 story is coming along nicely, and the Atlantis story will likely move back to Pegasus fast. We'll see what happens :)

I take your point about the Wraith and certainly about Todd, as he truly is Machiavellian, but... and you will pardon me, I hope, as this is my take though it's likely shared by the WDC. Todd is the leader of the Wraith Alliance, and a very powerful figure - no argument there, methinks. :D However, in Spoils of War, he quite clearly stated he was there to destroy 'the Wraith', which is interesting given that he's Wraith himself. And we know full well he used Teyla to wheedle his way back to the top.

Agreed again, that he has his own agenda, but this is how I see it... Todd needs Earth more than Earth needs Todd, and that's why he agreed to undergo the treatment. He IS honourable, in his way, but he wants his people to survive, and is a pragmatist. Do you not think that while he might attempt to manoeuver humans, that they'll see through him? Yes, there's no doubt that galactic domination is something he would quite happily consider, but he also has a bond with Sheppard that runs deep.

That's my two'pennorth on the Wraith, anyhoo. :D

And then there are the Genii... :P

Aragon101
August 2nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
I take your point about the Wraith and certainly about Todd, as he truly is Machiavellian, but... and you will pardon me, I hope, as this is my take though it's likely shared by the WDC. Todd is the leader of the Wraith Alliance, and a very powerful figure - no argument there, methinks. :D However, in Spoils of War, he quite clearly stated he was there to destroy 'the Wraith', which is interesting given that he's Wraith himself. And we know full well he used Teyla to wheedle his way back to the top.

Agreed again, that he has his own agenda, but this is how I see it... Todd needs Earth more than Earth needs Todd, and that's why he agreed to undergo the treatment. He IS honourable, in his way, but he wants his people to survive, and is a pragmatist. Do you not think that while he might attempt to manoeuver humans, that they'll see through him? Yes, there's no doubt that galactic domination is something he would quite happily consider, but he also has a bond with Sheppard that runs deep.

That's my two'pennorth on the Wraith, anyhoo. :D

And then there are the Genii... :P

Off-topic about Todd.

'The Queen" and "Lost Tribe" pretty much sold me on the idea that Todd has an aura which makes every human around him have hte intellect of a steamed cabbage. Machiavellian is fine, i love Machiavellian Todd, but not when it makes the Atlantis Expedition look like they wear dunce hats.

And Kenny stole the Alliance from Todd. Would they accept him back so readily after they find out he assisted Earth, taking away their new feeding ground?
That being said, the Atlantis story will definitely involve teh Wraith and Todd

Speaking of which.... the 'timeline' and story should be coming out later today :)SG-1's story at that, Atlantis' story will take me a little longer but the Wraith will definitely be involved, Todd in particular.

RogueRanger
August 2nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
I agree absolutely with you Issy. And the Genii, I still don't trust them, I think they should be factional, with some of those who followed Acastus Kolya forming a Lucian Alliance type group.

RogueRanger
August 2nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Off-topic about Todd.

'The Queen" and "Lost Tribe" pretty much sold me on the idea that Todd has an aura which makes every human around him have hte intellect of a steamed cabbage. Machiavellian is fine, i love Machiavellian Todd, but not when it makes the Atlantis Expedition look like they wear dunce hats.

And Kenny stole the Alliance from Todd. Would they accept him back so readily after they find out he assisted Earth, taking away their new feeding ground?

Speaking of which.... the 'timeline' and story should be coming out later today :)SG-1's story at that, Atlantis' story will take me a little longer but the Wraith will definitely be involved, Todd in particular.

Whoa I'm getting giddy with the excitement,, yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawwwwwwwwwww:D:D:D:D:D

Aragon101
August 2nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
Whoa I'm getting giddy with the excitement,, yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawwwwwwwwwww:D:D:D:D:D

I'll assume you read my PM? :P

Weedle
August 2nd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Holy **** guys that is spectacular, I can't wait. How soon can we see the premise?

Aragon101
August 2nd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Holy **** guys that is spectacular, I can't wait. How soon can we see the premise?

How about now? (At least hte SG-1 Side of things)

We've hammered down the SG-1 story, and the Atlantis story will hopefully be worked out today as well

Timeline: After SGU Season 1 (You will not need to know much about SGU to play, this is SG-1, not SGU, everything you need to know is in the link below)

Premise: With the Icarus Base destroyed, the SGC began to increase their raids on the Lucian Alliance. Atlantis is still on Earth but soon to leave. The discovery of the LA infiltration on Earth has caused a stir though, and while problems on Earth surmount, the galaxy is still a dangerous place full of amazing things to explore, and discover... and some things that aren't expected...

The story begins with Fait Accompli Chapter 1 (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6101858/1/) and will move on with Atlantis taking off, leaving the SGC back at NORAD and the Pentagon. Due to the events of the raid on the Lucian Alliance outpost, the SGC now knows that the LA are infiltrated into corporations on Earth.

In order to help bolster their ranks, and begin a world wide secret investigation, many recruits are pulled from Federal Policing agencies, militaries, as well as Secret Service organizations.

The RPGing will begin with the SGC reacting to the news of the LA on Earth. While some aspects of Fait are being used, the two are separate stories.

Confirmed threads are...

1.) Investigating the LA presence on Earth. (Jack, Mac, and many OCs being introduced to SGC should start here.)
2.) Sending infiltration teams to allied planets to seek out whether the LA are trying to get involved there.
3.) Sam and SG-1 defending a mining facility from an LA attack.
3.) More to come :) Random Events will happen with time.

On a personal note, I, Aragon101, won't be around too much, but i'll be working in the background methinks :P

puddlejumperOZ
August 2nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
That looks very smart Sam. I think you've got it quite well sorted out. Mel should create a new thread for you to post in, or at least if you sent her the finished product she will be able to start it off and let the game begin.

Col.Foley
August 2nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Very nice start to all of this ;)

RogueRanger
August 2nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
That's what you get when you pick a great team:D

I hope you've got your Cam lines down pat, Foley. he's going to be very busy soon;)

Col.Foley
August 2nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
That's what you get when you pick a great team:D

I hope you've got your Cam lines down pat, Foley. he's going to be very busy soon;)

Oh joys :P

I want to watch SG-1 again but this gives me an excuse.

RogueRanger
August 2nd, 2010, 04:52 PM
It will Foley:D and if anyone knows someone who could play Teal'c please let me know:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6583fGajLTQ

Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei
August 2nd, 2010, 09:18 PM
oh god i know im tired now
tealc in a SG/ST crossover:P

puddlejumperOZ
August 2nd, 2010, 11:23 PM
Hmmm, it seems Setsu, your Occy and Mel's might be working together at some stage:D

Isolde
August 3rd, 2010, 01:45 AM
Off-topic about Todd.

Kenny didn't steal the Alliance from Todd, it was an entirely different Wraith - they don't have the same facial tattoos. The WDC call him Jareth, for identification and because we thunk those guys in a big way. :lol: Trust me on this one, we notice this crap. :o

As for Toddy's attitude around the 'Lanteans...? Ah well, if you were at least 10,000 years old and your food started behaving in such an arrogant fashion, you'd wanna slap it back down too. ;) But, he appreciates them too. His deference towards the women of Atlantis is marked, and kudos to CH for that, because he def likes them. McKay he has a grudging respect for, and Shep... well...

On the other hand, I am glad Todd will be there. I just need to make certain he's not a cipher, or cannon fodder.

Amanda_Tapping_Fan
August 3rd, 2010, 02:46 AM
Ohhhh, sounds exciting.......Yay Sam has her own ship....:P

RogueRanger
August 3rd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Yes she does and she will be very busy learning each and every nut and bolt of it:P

Glad to have you aboard ATF:)

Aragon101
August 3rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Kenny didn't steal the Alliance from Todd, it was an entirely different Wraith - they don't have the same facial tattoos. The WDC call him Jareth, for identification and because we thunk those guys in a big way. :lol: Trust me on this one, we notice this crap. :o

As for Toddy's attitude around the 'Lanteans...? Ah well, if you were at least 10,000 years old and your food started behaving in such an arrogant fashion, you'd wanna slap it back down too. ;) But, he appreciates them too. His deference towards the women of Atlantis is marked, and kudos to CH for that, because he def likes them. McKay he has a grudging respect for, and Shep... well...

On the other hand, I am glad Todd will be there. I just need to make certain he's not a cipher, or cannon fodder.

Interesting, I may need to speak to you about Atlantis' story just to make sure it all 'resonates' well :P

Whta do you mean by cipher though? I've never heard that word in this context. Unless you mean just a go-between for the Wraith and Lanteans.

Even if it wasn't Kenny who stole the ZPM powered hive, how would the other Wraith, includin his own feel about Todd having given the humans 2 ZPMs and saved their world from being culled? That's something i think deserves a storyline.

The Wraith won't be the only element in Pegasus. You can be sure i'll be bringing back the Travelers, as well as the Genii for sure. There's plenty of unresolved threads in SGA (more so than SG1) and i want to try and make it believable as a 6th season.

Isolde
August 3rd, 2010, 03:05 PM
Whta do you mean by cipher though? I've never heard that word in this context. Unless you mean just a go-between for the Wraith and Lanteans.

Two-dimensional and/or a quantity/person of no importance.

Even if it wasn't Kenny who stole the ZPM powered hive, how would the other Wraith, includin his own feel about Todd having given the humans 2 ZPMs and saved their world from being culled? That's something i think deserves a storyline.

Agreed. I have theories, but will prolly need to discuss this with you.

The Wraith won't be the only element in Pegasus. You can be sure i'll be bringing back the Travelers, as well as the Genii for sure. There's plenty of unresolved threads in SGA (more so than SG1) and i want to try and make it believable as a 6th season.

Good. Ladon Radim is an important figure, especially as the Genii have managed to secure themselves a place on the Coalition in Pegasus. They are more tricksy than the Wraith. :D

Aragon101
August 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
Two-dimensional and/or a quantity/person of no importance. Then no, Todd won't be a cipher :p

Agreed. I have theories, but will prolly need to discuss this with you. Feel free to PM :D I'm working on that meeself ATM so it'd be nice to get a Wraith fan's POV.

Good. Ladon Radim is an important figure, especially as the Genii have managed to secure themselves a place on the Coalition in Pegasus. They are more tricksy than the Wraith. :D

The Coalition isn't in the story just yet, but will be appearing eventually :)

Aragon101
August 3rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Okay peeps, the SG-1 game is on. (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76320-Stargate-new-seasons-sg1-resurgence-season-11-rpg) Briefing scene just to warm up, and then you dive right into the story.

plz keep queries and such to this thread. I'll be checking in every now and again to make sure the game is going alright, but i'm mostly just here for creative purposes and writing the intros. Mel and Fugimon are the dungeon masters, i just build the dungeon :P

The SGA story will likely start tomorrow. It will involve returning to Pegasus and specifically Todd. Lots to come on that angle :)

RogueRanger
August 3rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
And when posting please make sure you follow the given format. There'll be a post shortly so you can see how it works.:)

Apollodragon
August 4th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I will post something for Daniel a little later.

RogueRanger
August 4th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Our next move will be for SG1 on board the Hammond, so I'll need some appropiate posts to carry out the command, which will involve O'Neill, Sam and the others. We might have to get some of the dialogue NPC'd as well to initiate launch so to speak.:D

Apollodragon
August 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I will give you guys one word of warning I am a little behind in the series because the lack of having the syfy network (god I hated typing syfy).

Aragon101
August 4th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I will give you guys one word of warning I am a little behind in the series because the lack of having the syfy network (god I hated typing syfy).

If you've read "Fait Accompli" then you should be caught up. Any important aspects are there. Daniel isn't though so i'll say, Daniel is likely holding a desk job at Area 51 and working with Jack when needed. He'd be a part of the later briefing with the IOA nations.

RogueRanger
August 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Atm Danny is in his lab in the SGC, he had some work to do there:P

The great O'Neill has spoken:D

puddlejumperOZ
August 4th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I'll post O'Neill again soon, I'm abit pressed for time right now.:jack:

Aragon101
August 4th, 2010, 05:12 PM
The following are the three main threads that the SGA RPG will be following throughout its 'season".

1.) Atlantis returns to Pegasus, and the Wraith have broken down into feudalistic fighting over the little food there is left. Atlantis realizes they need a stabilizing force, and they realize Todd is that stabilizing force. So they decide to dress Teyla up again, and regain control of his faction that way. Think "The Queen 2.0"

2.) The Pegasus Asgard have been abducting people more openly since the Wraith are in a weakened position and less likely to attack them. Team Shep investigates and finds the Pasgard are looting Ancient technology from dead worlds. That can't be good! Features the Genii and Coalition trying to get Atlantis to strike out in their defense.

3.) the DV aliens make an appearance and steal Wraith Cruisers and tech, it turns out they're a mutated form of a quad helix DNA creature and the Asuran nanites. Think "The Borg" except instead of technology, they absorb organics becoming more and more organically advanced even as they're fused to technology. It's another 'enemy mine' situation with Atlantis, the Wraith and potentially the Travelers having to work together.

Intro will be written soon.

RogueRanger
August 4th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Nicely done Sammy but I hope you use a spellcheck before you post:P tehy and teh:P

Aragon101
August 4th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Nicely done Sammy but I hope you use a spellcheck before you post:P tehy and teh:P

Sowwy, my mind was elsewhere. ;)

RogueRanger
August 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Samuel, put that Magazine down NOW:mckay: (didn't anyone tell you all those girls are computer enhanced, Hefner is a fraud) :P

Aragon101
August 4th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Samuel, put that Magazine down NOW:mckay: (didn't anyone tell you all those girls are computer enhanced, Hefner is a fraud) :P

Actually i'm updating SOP, but if you want to talk about that i'm game.

I'm assuming you have non-computer enhanced pictures to replace them with?

RogueRanger
August 4th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Only my biology books if you want to see them, we're doing poultry today:D

Apollodragon
August 4th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I am trying to help things move along with playing an NPC but I keep drawing a blank on who to play.

puddlejumperOZ
August 4th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Jennifer Hailey (She's Captain now) is required for SG1's mission, she is actually a part of the team now. Mel wants us to pretty well go with this http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6101858/1/

RogueRanger
August 5th, 2010, 06:20 PM
We're taking a short break while we wait for Aragon to complete the Atlantis Arc intro:D

Aragon101
August 5th, 2010, 06:27 PM
We're taking a short break while we wait for Aragon to complete the Atlantis Arc intro:D

tomorrow with any luck, busy upgrading phone and have interviews to go to tomorrow :p

If someone else wants to write it, it's Atlantis returning to Pegasus and finding the Wraith in a fuedalistic fight. So Woolsey being the politician he is, figures that Todd is their best hope to stablize the Wraith. They dress Teyla up again in Wraith Getup and run another "The Queen" style story with the intention of putting Todd back in charge. Some Wraith may not like having Todd back in power though after what happened with the Superhive...

RogueRanger
August 5th, 2010, 06:57 PM
No, you're doing great. Take your time and it'll be fantastic I guarantee:)

Apollodragon
August 5th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I am glad we are holding off since the next few days are going to be crazy since my girlfreind's mother is in town.

RogueRanger
August 5th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I am glad we are holding off since the next few days are going to be crazy since my girlfreind's mother is in town.

Ohhh is that good or bad 'Pollo?:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
August 5th, 2010, 10:10 PM
That's awful, Mel. :P Should I wait for SG-4 intro or what? :confused: Your last PM hinted something like this. :P

puddlejumperOZ
August 5th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Mel is on her way home VS. As far as I can tell, two members of your team have already posted. Mel's character Cate, will be temporarily joining SG4 on a mission of sorts:D

Vagabond Serpent
August 5th, 2010, 10:17 PM
That I noticed, now let me find my brains, please. :D

puddlejumperOZ
August 5th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Just check the Cate and Drake posts here:D

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76320-Stargate-New-Seasons-SG1-Resurgence-Season-11-RPG

Vagabond Serpent
August 5th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Checked...

It seems that someone's going to leave my fav charrie without her 2ndIC... :mckay: :P Only over my dead RL body! :D

puddlejumperOZ
August 5th, 2010, 10:52 PM
"Raiden" your 2ic is talking to Daniel atm as far as I can see. I would make a post to interupt him and tell him to get his gear together in the ready room and make sure he has everything needed from the armory. Mel will probably follow up in the morning, I'm not sure about Aragon (Drake) though:)

Vagabond Serpent
August 5th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Don't rush it, I'll wait for Mel to reply my PM, so I'd know where to start properly. ;)

puddlejumperOZ
August 5th, 2010, 11:06 PM
That sounds like a good plan:D

Vagabond Serpent
August 6th, 2010, 10:55 AM
OK, I really must confess that this RP needs a list of SG teams with players like the Aftermath has, 'cause people could easily get confused (like I am now) who's on their team and who's not, if there's not any string about it in their character's profile. What I do mean is that I don't know if I've any empty slots in my SG-4 or not, so if my post needs any correction of style, grammar, plot, you name it - send me a swift kick in the ass, please. :)

Aragon101
August 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM
OK, I really must confess that this RP needs a list of SG teams with players like the Aftermath has, 'cause people could easily get confused (like I am now) who's on their team and who's not, if there's not any string about it in their character's profile. What I do mean is that I don't know if I've any empty slots in my SG-4 or not, so if my post needs any correction of style, grammar, plot, you name it - send me a swift kick in the ass, please. :)

I agree completely.

SG-1 and GH: Cam, Vala, Teal'c, Hailey, Sam, Major Marks.

SG-? : Cate, Drake, Raiden (AFAIK)

HomeWorld Security: Jack, Mac, Landry, Daniel

Other: Reynolds, Carl Strom, Any OCs i've neglected to mention (sorry if you're not here, feel free to copy paste and add)

SGA

AR-1: Shep, Teyla, Ronon, McKay

Docs: Carson, Keller, Porter

Wraith: Todd

Others: Lorne, Teldy, Woolsey, various other OCs i've neglected to mention (copy past to add yours)

I've posted the first 'Arc" of SGA so the game can commence there.

Vagabond Serpent
August 6th, 2010, 11:07 AM
As I got it, Cate and Drake aren't with any SG team.

Raiden is SG-4 XO, my charrie is its CO. Beh... I've two men team yet. :( :P

ETA: In my previous post I meant corrections in the main game thread.

Weedle
August 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Mel just PM'd me, I'm getting assigned to SG4. And yeah she needs to post a team list every now and then, But hey she's a girl:P

squirrely1
August 6th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one confused here. But I'm a girl too so that is understandable *giggles* :P I think the first page of this thread needs to have a listing of the threads with links and the listing of teams and characters so we know who is where and it needs to be updated as need be....cuz this post of Aragon's is going to get buried and we will not be able to find it easily. If it is on the first page it can be easily accessed. Just a thought. ;) Thanks for all your hard work Aragon...and mel and everyone ....it all looks awesome so far it's just logistically a bit confusing. Thanks :)

puddlejumperOZ
August 6th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I've spoken to Mel on the phone and she is going to make a "Teams" Thread, which will list the teams and have links to the various threads that are currently active. SQ, you have a response from Hailey on the Hammond Thread:D

Aragon101
August 6th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one confused here. But I'm a girl too so that is understandable *giggles* :P I think the first page of this thread needs to have a listing of the threads with links and the listing of teams and characters so we know who is where and it needs to be updated as need be....cuz this post of Aragon's is going to get buried and we will not be able to find it easily. If it is on the first page it can be easily accessed. Just a thought. ;) Thanks for all your hard work Aragon...and mel and everyone ....it all looks awesome so far it's just logistically a bit confusing. Thanks :)

I getcha. RR should copy paste the 'team' info to the first post and people can add whatever i'm not sure of. I just set up teh dungeon, but the players inside can decide (for the most part) how to play it :)

squirrely1
August 6th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I've spoken to Mel on the phone and she is going to make a "Teams" Thread, which will list the teams and have links to the various threads that are currently active. SQ, you have a response from Hailey on the Hammond Thread:D
oh thanks that souhds awesome PJOZ :D *runs to check Hammond thread* :D

I getcha. RR should copy paste the 'team' info to the first post and people can add whatever i'm not sure of. I just set up teh dungeon, but the players inside can decide (for the most part) how to play it :)

yeah I agree. Looks like now Mel is going to fix it. Thanks for everything Aragon *bats eyelashes* :D :D :D

Aragon101
August 6th, 2010, 01:38 PM
oh thanks that souhds awesome PJOZ :D *runs to check Hammond thread* :D

yeah I agree. Looks like now Mel is going to fix it. Thanks for everything Aragon *bats eyelashes* :D :D :D

Lol don't tease me unless you mean it, i'm the guy who if you tease i WILL come after you :P

squirrely1
August 6th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Lol don't tease me unless you mean it, i'm the guy who if you tease i WILL come after you :P

hehehehe of course I mean it...I'm channeling Vala for goodness sakes ;) :D :cool: :P

Aragon101
August 6th, 2010, 01:57 PM
hehehehe of course I mean it...I'm channeling Vala for goodness sakes ;) :D :cool: :P

Hmm...

*Considers adding a new Vala centric arc later on*

:P

RogueRanger
August 6th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks Sammy and SQ. I'm a bit snowed down with my study at the moment, I've asked Dad to do it for me and he said he will if he has the time. Otherwise I'll do it during my morning class break on Monday. We now get an hour "study" break between lectures:lol:

"Study...my foot, most Uni babies are concieved during this time":eek:

Aragon101
August 6th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks Sammy and SQ. I'm a bit snowed down with my study at the moment, I've asked Dad to do it for me and he said he will if he has the time. Otherwise I'll do it during my morning class break on Monday. We now get an hour "study" break between lectures:lol:

Is that some subtle way of asking me to say "Mazel Tov!"?

RogueRanger
August 6th, 2010, 02:34 PM
That's Jewish isn't it?:eek: Any way I've made my last post for today, I really have to get my ehad around these books. So I'll see you all Monday and be good. We're doing great. Dad said he will do the new team thread soon, so I hope that will help straighten things out. Eventually you'l all need to type a link to your bio or the team post that dad makes onto your sig. Thanks everyone for being here, I'm very grateful to you all. And Sam, your Atlantis intro was great, thanks:) See you Monday:sam:

squirrely1
August 6th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hmm...

*Considers adding a new Vala centric arc later on*

:P
WOOT!! :D ;)

*hee* Well I really didn't do anything...Aragon did it..... I'm just here flirting with him ;) :P .....gee Aragon can I call you Sammy too? :confused: :P Vala doesn't have a bio does she? :eek: Well I may have an OC soon.... stay tuned. ;) Thanks for all your hard work and have fun and no uni babies for you young lady!! *wags finger* :P

Weedle
August 6th, 2010, 03:08 PM
:eek: I'm glad I didn't go to Uni, couldn't handle all the girls. Anyway I'm gonna post for Reynolds and then I'm off fishing for the rest of the weekend, so I'll see yous all in the week. RR you're doing a good job, but ya need help, what happened to Fugiman? and also where is the Foley guy, we need a Cam post on the Hammond I think.:D see ya's all;)

squirrely1
August 6th, 2010, 03:36 PM
:eek: I'm glad I didn't go to Uni, couldn't handle all the girls. Anyway I'm gonna post for Reynolds and then I'm off fishing for the rest of the weekend, so I'll see yous all in the week. RR you're doing a good job, but ya need help, what happened to Fugiman? and also where is the Foley guy, we need a Cam post on the Hammond I think.:D see ya's all;)

Hey Weedle....is there a name I can call you for short or what? :P Foley will be along tonight... I'll tell him about the Hammond post. :P Have fun on your fishing weekend WOOT......catch that one that always gets away!! ;)

puddlejumperOZ
August 6th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Mel calls him Weeds:lol: but I think his name is Grant

Team listings, please check each day before posting

HERE (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76355-Stargate-New-Seasons-SG1-and-Atlantis-Team-and-Locations-Thread?p=11789942#post11789942)

Aragon101
August 6th, 2010, 04:26 PM
WOOT!! :D ;) :sheppardanime23:

*hee* Well I really didn't do anything...Aragon did it..... I'm just here flirting with him ;) That much is obvious.

.....gee Aragon can I call you Sammy too? :confused: :P Long as i get a hug if we ever meet :sheppard:

Vala doesn't have a bio does she? :eek: Well I may have an OC soon.... stay tuned. Hmm should be interesting

Thanks for all your hard work and have fun and no uni babies for you young lady!! *wags finger* :P I guess you got my joke too :P Mel Mel Mel... must i wrap my snark in a sarcasm bundle for you?

:eek: I'm glad I didn't go to Uni, couldn't handle all the girls. You missed out :lol:

Anyway I'm gonna post for Reynolds and then I'm off fishing for the rest of the weekend, so I'll see yous all in the week. Is Albert his canon name? Never heard that before.

RR you're doing a good job, but ya need help, what happened to Fugiman? and also where is the Foley guy, we need a Cam post on the Hammond I think. see ya's all;)Fugimon i believe is around, and Foley is around every so often too. I'm just doing the story stuff and not actually playing so if you need some direction, just VM or PM me and i'll suggest :)

Hey Weedle....is there a name I can call you for short or what? :P Foley will be along tonight... I'll tell him about the Hammond post. Have fun on your fishing weekend WOOT......catch that one that always gets away!! ;) If it always gets away, then how's he supposed to catch it?

I love fishing part of being Canadian i suppose :p

Mel calls him Weeds:lol: but I think his name is Grant

Team listings, please check each day before posting

HERE (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76355-Stargate-New-Seasons-SG1-and-Atlantis-Team-and-Locations-Thread?p=11789942#post11789942)
You could always call him Dandelion. *cheeky*

And PJ, Drake is on a sabbatical :p somethign came up in Bosnia and he has to go 'take care of business' ;)

puddlejumperOZ
August 6th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Oh he'll be back I'm sure, or Cate will have to beam in over there and haul him out using her rosary beads as a lasoo:P

Ok before I finish for the day, I need to post O'Neill and Strom at Atlantis, any ideas?

Aragon101
August 6th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Oh he'll be back I'm sure, or Cate will have to beam in over there and haul him out using here rosary beads as a lasoo:P

Ok before I finish for the day, I need to post O'Neill and Strom at Atlantis, any ideas?

Why would they be at Atlantis? The SGC is operational again and refurbished so who knows what goodies they added? Explore kiddies! :D

If anything, O'Neill and Strom need to get to the disclosure bit to introduce Mac and the otehrs, that's likely going to take place at the Pentagon.

puddlejumperOZ
August 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Ah right.....I was only thinking O'Neill would be there to get Atlantis underway, so some of our fellow participants would have something to post to. Would it be possible for Jack to give Atlantis their send off, and then head back to DC for the disclosure? I'll need a little help with that as well>:eek:

Aragon101
August 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Ah right.....I was only thinking O'Neill would be there to get Atlantis underway, so some of our fellow participants would have something to post to. Would it be possible for Jack to give Atlantis their send off, and then head back to DC for the disclosure? I'll need a little help with that as well>:eek:

I guess :p the intro to the Atlantis arc is already up so... :p

puddlejumperOZ
August 6th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Great I'll catch it later, going home now to do some scenary on my HO train layout. BTW Sam do you have any idea why Mel was crying on the phone a little later, she wouldn't talk about it, but she did mention something about your character???? Be back perhaps Monday.

Aragon101
August 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Great I'll catch it later, going home now to do some scenary on my HO train layout. BTW Sam do you have any idea why Mel was crying on the phone a little later, she wouldn't talk about it, but she did mention something about your character???? Be back perhaps Monday.

:sheppard33: Uhh i think i'll answer that on monday, once the impact event is over and you put the shotgun down. *scurries off to find his own shotgun, and hides under the shed*

:lol:

Col.Foley
August 6th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Hey I have a question for everyone. Next to everyone's name is another name. I am Talon...what is that?

Aragon101
August 6th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Hey I have a question for everyone. Next to everyone's name is another name. I am Talon...what is that?

Callsign :P

Typically it's either a play on the person's name, or given for actions the person has done. Not always flattering too :P

Take Drake, his original name was Slobodan Draculic, which is actually the real name of my Sociology Prof, I nearly died laughing in that class because he was such a joker. The 'American" version would be Dan Drake.

Drake is another name for Dracula (Draculic) and so, his callsign is Vamp which is a double play since he's very 'vampy' as well :P

Personally i love the comical callsigns. Like in Modern Warfare 2 when you get a Striker with a .50 Cal to help you out, its callsign is "Honey Badger" :lol:

Col.Foley
August 6th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Callsign :P

Typically it's either a play on the person's name, or given for actions the person has done. Not always flattering too :P

Take Drake, his original name was Slobodan Draculic, which is actually the real name of my Sociology Prof, I nearly died laughing in that class because he was such a joker. The 'American" version would be Dan Drake.

Drake is another name for Dracula (Draculic) and so, his callsign is Vamp which is a double play since he's very 'vampy' as well :P

Personally i love the comical callsigns. Like in Modern Warfare 2 when you get a Striker with a .50 Cal to help you out, its callsign is "Honey Badger" :lol:

Yeah took me a second to take what you meant :P

I do not mind the callsigns as much but it is very un stargatey and I was ust checking ;)

Vagabond Serpent
August 7th, 2010, 01:56 AM
@ Weedle.

Heh, pal, Mel told me to grab your butt and shove it into my team roster the very first time we talked about this new RP. :P

ETA:

My next post is being cooked in my brains, will be baked in evening. :)

Ryn
August 7th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Heya! Do you guys have room for one more? :D
I'll play nice ;)

Aragon101
August 7th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I'll play nice ;)

If you go to the character's thread, you can see who's availble, and you could always make an OC. Make an OC profile and send it to rogue ranger or fugimon for clearance and that's pretty much it, playtime begins :P

squirrely1
August 7th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I'll play nice ;)

If you go to the character's thread, you can see who's availble, and you could always make an OC. Make an OC profile and send it to rogue ranger or fugimon for clearance and that's pretty much it, playtime begins :P

Yeah we need a Teal'c baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! *hint hint* :P :D

Aragon101
August 7th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah we need a Teal'c baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! *hint hint* :P :D

Nod

Although recall, Teal'c is a comedian at heart. He enjoys long walks through the stargate across the galaxy, Star Wars, and isn't afraid of his sexuality as seen when he calmly watched the Vagina Monologues.

:lol: I do think he'd have a funny relationship with Hailey along the lines of the Sam/Teal'c friendship. Almost a mentorship with added geekyness :P

squirrely1
August 7th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Nod

Although recall, Teal'c is a comedian at heart. He enjoys long walks through the stargate across the galaxy, Star Wars, and isn't afraid of his sexuality as seen when he calmly watched the Vagina Monologues.

:lol: I do think he'd have a funny relationship with Hailey along the lines of the Sam/Teal'c friendship. Almost a mentorship with added geekyness :P

hmmmmm yeah Sammy :D :D Sounds like you know him well....maybe you should take on the role of Teal'c *giggles* Mr. Muscles!!! :P :D

Aragon101
August 7th, 2010, 10:50 AM
hmmmmm yeah Sammy :D :D Sounds like you know him well....maybe you should take on the role of Teal'c *giggles* Mr. Muscles!!! :P :D

Nowhere near as big as Chris Judge, but the gym is my friend :)

And i wubs Teal'c. Badass, Deadpan Comedian,150 year old Warrior... Awesome.

Alas, i won't be playing the RPG as i've already said. Simply making a comment on what i think teal'c is like.

he also enjoyed purposefully confusing people with his supposed misinterpretations of Earth idioms. Like "I believe he would sanitize the ground with you." :P

squirrely1
August 7th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Nowhere near as big as Chris Judge, but the gym is my friend :)

And i wubs Teal'c. Badass, Deadpan Comedian,150 year old Warrior... Awesome.

Alas, i won't be playing the RPG as i've already said. Simply making a comment on what i think teal'c is like.

he also enjoyed purposefully confusing people with his supposed misinterpretations of Earth idioms. Like "I believe he would sanitize the ground with you." :P

Yeah I know...Teal'c is awesome :D Well sorry to hear you won't be playing the RPG....you would be very good at it. But I understand the time commitment thing....as I am heading back to school now and a bit concerned I won't have the time much...but I always make a point to check in here at least once or twice a day so I can at least swing a post or two :P But thanks for getting us rolling and keeping an eye on things ....that really helps! ;) *HUGS* <<<<<< promised hugs for being able to call you Sammy :D :D :D

Aragon101
August 7th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah I know...Teal'c is awesome :D Well sorry to hear you won't be playing the RPG....you would be very good at it. But I understand the time commitment thing....as I am heading back to school now and a bit concerned I won't have the time much...but I always make a point to check in here at least once or twice a day so I can at least swing a post or two :P But thanks for getting us rolling and keeping an eye on things ....that really helps! ;) *HUGS* <<<<<< promised hugs for being able to call you Sammy :D :D :D

When i think of that hug, this instantly comes to mind for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omvKySSRa2Y&feature=related

Apollodragon
August 7th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I am rather confused right now. I am a supposed to have Daniel suiting up for an adventure on the General Hammond?

Aragon101
August 7th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I am rather confused right now. I am a supposed to have Daniel suiting up for an adventure on the General Hammond?

Uhh no. Daniel is not a part of SG-1 at this time. He would be assisting Jack and Landry with welcoming newcomers to the SGC.PuddleJumperOZ is going to be dealing with that soon enough, and i'm actually interested in what you've got in mind with the Kassa/Corn conncetion :P i always figured Kassa was a mutation of Corn, not the other way around. After that... really the sky is the limit.

squirrely1
August 7th, 2010, 05:23 PM
When i think of that hug, this instantly comes to mind for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omvKySSRa2Y&feature=related (youtube;omvKySSRa2Y)

:eek: :eek:

Apollodragon
August 7th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Uhh no. Daniel is not a part of SG-1 at this time. He would be assisting Jack and Landry with welcoming newcomers to the SGC.PuddleJumperOZ is going to be dealing with that soon enough, and i'm actually interested in what you've got in mind with the Kassa/Corn conncetion :P i always figured Kassa was a mutation of Corn, not the other way around. After that... really the sky is the limit.
Right now I am playing that Kassa is mutation of corn or some sort of human forced crossing breeding like tomacco on the Simpsons.

squirrely1
August 7th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Right now I am playing that Kassa is mutation of corn or some sort of human forced crossing breeding like tomacco on the Simpsons.

now if you could cross donuts with health food and somehow make donuts healthy for you.... I'm there! ;) :D

Aragon101
August 7th, 2010, 05:32 PM
:eek: :eek:

Yes, I'm weird. i find life funner that way :)

Aragon101
August 7th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Go with it! :D Sounds cool

squirrely1
August 7th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Yes, I'm weird. i find life funner that way :)

I like weird....I"m weird too :P

Apollodragon
August 7th, 2010, 07:46 PM
:eek: I'm glad I didn't go to Uni, couldn't handle all the girls.

To many distractions?

RogueRanger
August 8th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I'll play nice ;)

Oh boy yes Ryn, the more the merrier:D

Isolde
August 8th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I'm prolly being horrendously obtuse, but PJOz' post has me a tad confused due to the timeline? Do I write as if three weeks has passed, or are we in flashback mode? Clarification welcomed, because I'm so green with regard to these things you could mow me and feed me to sheep. :) Basically, I'm not comfortable with cocking it up on the first page.

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I'm prolly being horrendously obtuse, but PJOz' post has me a tad confused due to the timeline? Do I write as if three weeks has passed, or are we in flashback mode? Clarification welcomed. :)

I'd say just start from where the intro ends. I'm not sure why PJOZ felt it necessary to 'send-off' Atlantis since it was already stated in the Intro.

Since you're playing Keller, perhaps she should check Todd to make sure he's okay after being in Stasis. With Trill around you could get a nice scene going :)

RogueRanger
August 8th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I got dad to post the flashback just to get the thread rolling. The timeline should pick up from arriving in the PG. Any one of the Atlantis characters can start it off, I did advise Issy in that direction....I think:eek: BTW Sammy can you set up a post in the SGC thread at Washington, for the reveal, it doesn't have to be a dialogue, just something dad can pick up on with O'Neill and have Daniel there as well as Strom. Dad's at a bit of a loss on how to get it in motion.:)

Isolde
August 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Posted, but still bricking myself about this. :S

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Posted, but still bricking myself about this. :S

You did great :) just saw. The format is pretty simple and it's basically just point/counterpoint. If you want to lead a story somewhere, perhaps getting in contact with other people in the scene OOC to set that up would be prudent :)

puddlejumperOZ
August 8th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Ok I've just updated the Team list, if anyone is missing please post here http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76355-Stargate-New-Seasons-SG1-and-Atlantis-Team-and-Locations-Thread

And I'll edit accordingly;)

I just checked your post Issy, not bad, not bad at all:)

Mel if you're still here, skedaddle you've got classes to attend, we'll keep an eye on things for you. Is there anyone in particular you need to post?

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Ok I've just updated the Team list, if anyone is missing please post here http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76355-Stargate-New-Seasons-SG1-and-Atlantis-Team-and-Locations-Thread

And I'll edit accordingly;)

I just checked your post Issy, not bad, not bad at all:)

Mel if you're still here, skedaddle you've got classes to attend, we'll keep an eye on things for you. Is there anyone in particular you need to post?

YOU! Since i just added teh intro to Washington :)

Isolde
August 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM
You did great :) just saw. The format is pretty simple and it's basically just point/counterpoint. If you want to lead a story somewhere, perhaps getting in contact with other people in the scene OOC to set that up would be prudent :)

I just checked your post Issy, not bad, not bad at all

Cheers, medears. *wipes sweat from brow* :D

Heading for the land of nod, as it's 1am in the UK. Night all. And thanks again.

Weedle
August 8th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Wow, this has been the fastest developed RP I've ever been on, great job guys. And I think it may well take over some of the others. Mel and Aragon, just so you know, I've been on these things for years now. What you have achieved in a week, usually takes weeks or even months to do, you really have it together guys. It shouldn't be long before the mods grant you a folder/sub folder status:cool:

So do you reckon I can beam up SG3 without Foley? just make out he's there, it's not the norm, but I'd like to keep the Hammond thread rolling as well.

RogueRanger
August 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM
yes you can Weeds, so long as you don't pre-empt Foley's character actions as you know. Issy beautiful job you can sleep well on that:D

Dad just go and follow what Sammy said:D

See you all and behave I'll try and get on later today if I can *waves, bye*:)

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Wow, this has been the fastest developed RP I've ever been on, great job guys. And I think it may well take over some of the others. Mel and Aragon, just so you know, I've been on these things for years now. What you have achieved in a week, usually takes weeks or even months to do, you really have it together guys. It shouldn't be long before the mods grant you a folder/sub folder status:cool:

So do you reckon I can beam up SG3 without Foley? just make out he's there, it's not the norm, but I'd like to keep the Hammond thread rolling as well.

:confused: Really? And here i was thinking it was so disorganized :p Thanks! :sheppard:

There is one thing i'm curious abotu though. What about Shipping? I mean.... personally i went with 'confirmed' ships (that doesn't includ Sam/Jack since there's been no confirmation) but what about Mckay/Keller, Teyla/Kanaan, and Ronon/Amelia?

Personally i think the RPG should have a life of its own and things can progress separate from the series since... well to be frank, the romance in teh series (both of them0 were pretty weak.

Thoughts people?

puddlejumperOZ
August 8th, 2010, 05:07 PM
No I have to agree with Weedle, from my little experience with these things, this does seem to be moving along quite well.

As for shipping, I think Mel wants to ride the Staragte canon train fairly closely. That is not to say they won't happen but they'll be subtle or at the most brief daliances as seen with McKay and the plant doctor, or him and Keller. We saw how Sam's relationships never amounted to much. But yes as an RPG it will have a life of it's own, but if there is too much romance involved, it will very quickly derail the whole concept of the RPG itself. I think the maoin focus should remain on the plots as a whole theme.

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 05:10 PM
No I have to agree with Weedle, from my little experience with these things, this does seem to be moving along quite well.

As for shipping, I think Mel wants to ride the Staragte canon train fairly closely. That is not to say they won't happen but they'll be subtle or at the most brief daliances as seen with McKay and the plant doctor, or him and Keller. We saw how Sam's relationships never amounted to much. But yes as an RPG it will have a life of it's own, but if there is too much romance involved, it will very quickly derail the whole concept of the RPG itself. I think the maoin focus should remain on the plots as a whole theme.

Well that's what i was thinking too, i mean... this isn't "As the Gate Turns" but i figure it's a part of a story in any case. Just want to be clear on it before we end up in as the military people say, a clusterf.......unzone!

Weedle
August 8th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Meh. I'm not fond of deep ships, that's what I liked about SG, they kept it cool and still managed to keep a lot of lady fans interested, all the women in my family love the show, from my granny who is 70 something, down to my sisters..all of them:eek:

Any advise for Reynolds guys, I'm a bit stuck as to what to say, I don't want to use any cliche'd lines as I think he is a pretty "by the book" guy.

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Meh. I'm not fond of deep ships, that's what I liked about SG, they kept it cool and still managed to keep a lot of lady fans interested, all the women in my family love the show, from my granny who is 70 something, down to my sisters..all of them:eek:

Any advise for Reynolds guys, I'm a bit stuck as to what to say, I don't want to use any cliche'd lines as I think he is a pretty "by the book" guy.

Reynolds was pretty self-deprecating actually. Remember in "Uninvited" when he snarks off to Vala about being Amateurs? :P I always saw him as more or less by the book, except that sometimes he'll be a little unsure of whether or not he's taken the right actions like in Prometheus Unbound.

I wrote him alot in my latest fic, and he's more or less a competent officer who's more technical than teh others given his engineering background.

Weedle
August 8th, 2010, 05:33 PM
So he's not gonna say "Beam me up Scotty" is he?:lol:

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
So he's not gonna say "Beam me up Scotty" is he?:lol:

If he knew the person on teh other end, maybe :P

Think of him a a pro who will joke around some of the time, but feels alot of pressure since he's been a Colonel for most of time :P

Weedle
August 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah I guess so, I will have to get my thinking cap on, because it means two posts, one for the SGC and one for the Hammond. BTW how soon do you think that mission should kick off? I know someone has to post for Sam in a briefing, so do you think it will head off in the LA direction then?

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah I guess so, I will have to get my thinking cap on, because it means two posts, one for the SGC and one for the Hammond. BTW how soon do you think that mission should kick off? I know someone has to post for Sam in a briefing, so do you think it will head off in the LA direction then?

There are other arcs in mind for SG1. So far i've just posted the first arc, but there are others and i may even toss a 'random' event in or two that players will have to react to. I've talked with Mel and she's in agreement AFAIK, for now, LA is the main external threat, and political and military disclosure as well as hunting down LA influence on Earth is the 'internal' threat.

Edit: and yes, once whoever's playing Sam comes in, the mission should go ahead. I leave it up to the players to decide what exactly they'll be facing, but a shipyard does seem a harder target.

puddlejumperOZ
August 8th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Updated Teams list
http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76355-Stargate-New-Seasons-SG1-and-Atlantis-Team-and-Locations-Thread

I think for ease of this fisrt arc, it might be wise to try and follow the first chapter of "Fait Accompli" until everyone has a little more confidence in their respective roles. At least for SG1 anyway. Atlantis is going to need a few prompts from you Sam, to keep it rollong along. BTW posted Jack at the Pentagon:P

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Updated Teams list
http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76355-Stargate-New-Seasons-SG1-and-Atlantis-Team-and-Locations-Thread

I think for ease of this fisrt arc, it might be wise to try and follow the first chapter of "Fait Accompli" until everyone has a little more confidence in their respective roles. At least for SG1 anyway. Atlantis is going to need a few prompts from you Sam, to keep it rollong along. BTW posted Jack at the Pentagon:P

Well i did put a prompt at the bottom of the first post :P Teyla, Keller, Todd and others are involved in getting Todd back into power, while Team Shep investigates missing people whom the Pasgard have taken. Building up to confrontations you know? :P

see that's the thing, i don't know how much i should 'write' and how much the player do themselves. Tis mighty confusing. :confused:

Col.Foley
August 8th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Argh, this is tough.

puddlejumperOZ
August 8th, 2010, 07:13 PM
You could post a Shep NPC just to get that part off and running, the other team players could be NPC's as well. But just keep it brief with minimal dialogue. "They came through the gate, no one was around. John thought 'This is weird'" Or something of that nature;)

Apollodragon
August 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
How did O'Neill get from the SGC to the Pentagon with Daniel? puddlejumperOZ you are jumping to much and you keep listing Daniel as on the General Hammond but in the actual role playing section he is at the SGC waiting for O'Neill to come down to his lab.

The last thing you have O'Neil do and say are
"Fine, Mr Strom, I take it you'll be sharing my plane back to Washington?"

"Ah right. See you all later then. Hayden, Drake, try and limit the body bags this time, we need answers and corpses don't give em' up easily. Dismissed."

puddlejumperOZ
August 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Argh, this is tough.

It's a walk in the park, just relax and take it slow. You may sometimes wait a day for a repsonding post, that's the RPG world. It doesn't move in real time. Just wait until someone posts and take it from there. Don't worry it'll be ok.

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
You could post a Shep NPC just to get that part off and running, the other team players could be NPC's as well. But just keep it brief with minimal dialogue. "They came through the gate, no one was around. John thought 'This is weird'" Or something of that nature;)

Well ATM, Sheppard is still with Woolsey and they're going to come to the conclusion to put Todd back into power any way they can.

argh, I'll see about a 'segue' into that tomorrow. Tired now and i ate fried chicken so i've ot the itis :P

puddlejumperOZ
August 8th, 2010, 07:22 PM
How did O'Neill get from the SGC to the Pentagon with Daniel? puddlejumperOZ you are jumping to much and you keep listing Daniel as on the General Hammond but in the actual role playing section he is at the SGC waiting for O'Neill to come down to his lab.

The last thing you have O'Neil do and say are
"Fine, Mr Strom, I take it you'll be sharing my plane back to Washington?"

"Ah right. See you all later then. Hayden, Drake, try and limit the body bags this time, we need answers and corpses don't give em' up easily. Dismissed."

Yes true, I forgot to head down to see Daniel, before going to Atalantis. But until we get a good flow on, just presume you were beamed up on the Oddy before Jack and they headed off to DC together. I can't insert a post near yours so I'll edit mine to say O'Neill went to you (Daniel):D

Princess Awinita
August 8th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Hey RR (and Fugi, and the Admiral) If you guys not mind it, I'll work out a evil side character, since this (from what I understand) is an WHAT IF type of game, I ghave one or two characters in mind, though I'll give Jenn a look over and see if I can play her. :)

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Hey RR (and Fugi, and the Admiral) If you guys not mind it, I'll work out a evil side character, since this (from what I understand) is an WHAT IF type of game, I ghave one or two characters in mind, though I'll give Jenn a look over and see if I can play her. :)

Keller is being played by Isolde.

Teyla is still available methinks and needed soon.

As far as 'evil' side characters, Hmm... You could take the cahracter introduced in Fait Chapter 1 "Getero" if you'd like. I think we'd need to see your 'evil' characters first before introducing them into the plot.

puddlejumperOZ
August 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I think Awinita was referring to our other Jen (hailey) and Mel has already posted her as an NPC, so yes if you can take that burden off her, she'll be happy. SHe's already doing too much now so that would be a great help. If you want to do a "bad guy/girl" I think the Lucian Alliance could ceratainly use one from their POV of the Tauri:D

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I think Awinita was referring to our other Jen (hailey) and Mel has already posted her as an NPC, so yes if you can take that burden off her, she'll be happy. SHe's already doing too much now so that would be a great help. If you want to do a "bad guy/girl" I think the Lucian Alliance could ceratainly use one from their POV of the Tauri:D

Ah yes, Hailey :P My bad :) Yeah I think that'll work out well, though still not sure on the bad guy angle, i mean... how would that work? (i'm speaking out of inexperience here, oh please enlighten this one fair enkindlers."

puddlejumperOZ
August 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
It works much like the good guys. You have to have a balance of both sides. So if there is a face to face meeting with a villain, you're not forced to NPC it all the time. As well they can post in their own area, Awinita can request Mel or Fugiman to set up a thread for say "Lucian Alliance HQ PXW-995" And then she can accumulate her arc from there, with a little input from others as NPC henchmen:D

Princess Awinita
August 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Well, I was at one point thinknig of going Wraith, but then i'm not that good at writing a Wraith, (some of my fanfics are good example, had to really watch SGA to get a proper setting for the Wraith and how they act/speak) I'm not too sure iof the LA though, I was thinknig of something slightly different. I'll have to give my thoughts to Mel when she gets on though, as I have to eat and then go to a party.

puddlejumperOZ
August 8th, 2010, 08:46 PM
just bear in mind that we are keeping fairly close to canon at the moment. So our main villains will be the Wraith and the LA. There is the chance of a minor Goa'uld popping up, or someone we've met briefly such as the guys in Foothold and the other bad fellows on the AU Daedalus.:D

Princess Awinita
August 8th, 2010, 08:51 PM
just bear in mind that we are keeping fairly close to canon at the moment. So our main villains will be the Wraith and the LA. There is the chance of a minor Goa'uld popping up, or someone we've met briefly such as the guys in Foothold and the other bad fellows on the AU Daedalus.:D

All the more reason I send my thoughts to Mel now isn't it? :)

puddlejumperOZ
August 8th, 2010, 08:56 PM
All the more reason I send my thoughts to Mel now isn't it? :)

:indeed: Don't forget if Mel is not on you can talk it over with Fugiman;)

Aragon101
August 8th, 2010, 08:57 PM

Well i did have some semblance of arcs prepared :p

The Wraith are prevalant all throughout the story i've made so far, and the 'supporting' aliens will be the Pasgard, the DV Aliens (from Daedalus Variations) as well as the Travelers and Genii/Coalition. Anything from there is fine i'd say, but if you want something else then i think it should pass muster firs.t

Same with SG-1, there were plans to bring in a few of the others but i thin kmaybe the first arc with the LA and disclosure should be more indepth before jumping into that. Maybe it's just me but having everything come at the players all at once is going to get confusing.

Princess Awinita
August 8th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Well, Me did mention the possibly of multuniverse or Au characters

RogueRanger
August 8th, 2010, 10:13 PM
No and NO, there will be no multi-verse or AU characters at all. It was never metioned at all. I'm sorry if you got that idea, but we are staying as close as we can to the canon Stargate theme. So we need to keep it in tune with that. Aragon has outlined the story we are doing and that is our direction. It can't be that hard to stay within those boundries I'm sure. There are some who are not all that familar with all of SG, but they are managing ok:D

marilynrose
August 8th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I can do Anne MacGregor for you sweetheart, but only if I don't need to be here so much. If you think that would be ok.:)

Apollodragon
August 9th, 2010, 06:52 AM
How does Daniel's speech look right now?

Princess Awinita
August 9th, 2010, 08:13 AM
No and NO, there will be no multi-verse or AU characters at all. It was never metioned at all. I'm sorry if you got that idea, but we are staying as close as we can to the canon Stargate theme. So we need to keep it in tune with that. Aragon has outlined the story we are doing and that is our direction. It can't be that hard to stay within those boundries I'm sure. There are some who are not all that familar with all of SG, but they are managing ok:D

I think I misread it then, as I recall Fifth asking if he could play a replicator, and you mentioned an Au Janet or something of the like, my mistake :o

Vagabond Serpent
August 9th, 2010, 11:22 AM
PJ, I'm a bit confused, though I guess it's just 'cause I'm sleepy - is the time advancement in SG1 thread effective only for the DC arc? :confused:

puddlejumperOZ
August 9th, 2010, 11:51 AM
The time was set VS to give us a start point, it takes in the SGC as well:D

RogueRanger
August 9th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I think I misread it then, as I recall Fifth asking if he could play a replicator, and you mentioned an Au Janet or something of the like, my mistake :o

What I told 5th, was in answer to his question, "can a dead character come back"? and my answer was only if it was like an AU or through a Quantum mirror. But I also told him, that is not the direction we are going. At least it's not within the story vision for some time.

Princess Awinita
August 9th, 2010, 12:19 PM
What I told 5th, was in answer to his question, "can a dead character come back"? and my answer was only if it was like an AU or through a Quantum mirror. But I also told him, that is not the direction we are going. At least it's not within the story vision for some time.

Like I said, my mistake, I had misread it, thanks Sis for clearing it up :D

Ryn
August 9th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I'm a little confused, a time line would be good...

I'll probably play Teyla Emmagan and an OC as well, if ok. :o :)

Aragon101
August 9th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Timeline

A few weeks after SGU Season 1 finale. Atlantis has just made it to Pegasus, and the SGC is both launching a raid on a LA Shipyard with SG-1, and also an investigation into LA presence on Earth

PJ, i think yuo're getting ahead of everyone else by jumping around so fast. You've been to the SGC, Atlantis, and to the Pentagon in the time it took SG-4 to arm up.

And yes Ryn :) Teyla would be awesome as she has a major role in teh first arc of SGA alongside Todd. PM Mel or Fugimon with your OC plz :sheppard:

Ryn
August 9th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Yep, that's our PJ, jump jump jump --- didyouseeme? --- jump jump jump! :lol:

Edit: thanks for the time line :D
....and no offence meant, only joking a little :o....

Second edit:

OK - will wait and see on the OC, I still need to write the bio up :eek:
As for Teyla - simply waiting on go-ahead and a nice clue on which thread to start the posting up. :o

Aragon101
August 9th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Yep, that's our PJ, jump jump jump --- didyouseeme? --- jump jump jump! :lol:

Edit: thanks for the time line :D
....and no offence meant, only joking a little :o....

Second edit:

OK - will wait and see on the OC, I still need to write the bio up :eek:
As for Teyla - simply waiting on go-ahead and a nice clue on which thread to start the posting up. :o

The thread is up, but i don't think Teyla is involved JUST yet. it's "Reclamation" the SGA thread. It still needs to get to the point where Todd suggests dressing Teyla up like a Queen again, but it'll get there soon (i hope) :P

Oh and one thing. Mel. Twin Desert Eagle .357s? seriously? What is Cate? A Gun-Kata Master? :lol:

Ryn
August 9th, 2010, 01:11 PM
>_< Ugh... I hate that bit, dressing up as Wraith queen... ew.

Well, just let me know when I need to start posting. Guess I'll have to finish watching SGA at some point :eek: :lol: Or maybe just start the last season over!

puddlejumperOZ
August 9th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah yeah I know about the jumping thing, but idid use the Oddy and beaming, plus I alerted everyone to the time/date stamp so all is well. I only needed to get the premis out of the way so other players can wade in. As for Teyla, she is on Atlantis isn't she? My memory of EATG is foggy. But if she is there, she can have a part I think in conversation with others.

Aragon101
August 9th, 2010, 01:16 PM
>_< Ugh... I hate that bit, dressing up as Wraith queen... ew.

Well, just let me know when I need to start posting. Guess I'll have to finish watching SGA at some point :eek: :lol: Or maybe just start the last season over!

Well taht's good then. Teyla hates it too so you should give a stupendous performance :lol: She'll ahve involvement elsewhere too, I don't like a wallpapered Teyla :D

Isolde
August 9th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Teyla def on Atlantis.

Oh, before I forget, I will be out of wifi range on Wed for part of the day and Thurs all day. Hope this won't affect anything too much. :)

RogueRanger
August 9th, 2010, 01:36 PM
The thread is up, but i don't think Teyla is involved JUST yet. it's "Reclamation" the SGA thread. It still needs to get to the point where Todd suggests dressing Teyla up like a Queen again, but it'll get there soon (i hope) :P

Oh and one thing. Mel. Twin Desert Eagle .357s? seriously? What is Cate? A Gun-Kata Master? :lol:

Yep, I use two on the range, so why not:P

Well taht's good then. Teyla hates it too so you should give a stupendous performance :lol: She'll ahve involvement elsewhere too, I don't like a wallpapered Teyla :D

Neither do I, a strong vibrant Teyla is the real one:)

Teyla def on Atlantis.

Oh, before I forget, I will be out of wifi range on Wed for part of the day and Thurs all day. Hope this won't affect anything too much. :)

That will be fine Issy, we sort of work around each others RL:)

RogueRanger
August 9th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I have to go to Uni now, so I'll be back sometime later today, behave and be good:)

Apollodragon
August 9th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I will on the O'Neill/Daniel lecture after dinner

puddlejumperOZ
August 9th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Good on you, enjoy your meal, and save some dessert for me:D

Apollodragon
August 9th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Dessert is cherry-lime Margarita so I will be wastin away again in Margaritaville

puddlejumperOZ
August 9th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Dessert is cherry-lime Margarita so I will be wastin away again in Margaritaville

Now that sounds interesting, not that I've ever tried one mind, but hmm, I still like my Wild Turkey Ice Cream:D

Posted O'Neill again:D

RogueRanger
August 9th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Ewk dad, that is sickening omg:eek:

Ok guys I will say again. When typing dialogue, ie conversation. Wrap them in inverted comma's like this

"I am so hungry I could eat a horse and chase the jockey."

Colour coding. Please try and not let your colours clash with another poster, there is about 38 colours you can choose from. Red is strictly for NPC's only.

Ryn
August 9th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Better PM the culprits ;)how else will they learn? :eek:

and ok I knew Teyla hated the whole queen deal too :P Alrighty then I'm off to read.

RogueRanger
August 9th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I think I might, but I have to make it public first up, so everyone can read. Will answer your VM in the morning Ryn, I have to help mum and then go to swim training:F

Isolde
August 10th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Better PM the culprits ;)how else will they learn? :eek:

and ok I knew Teyla hated the whole queen deal too :P Alrighty then I'm off to read.

Prolly setting myself up for gunfire here, but to hell with it. I think you'll find Teyla was resigned to the whole dressing up thing as a necessary evil, rather than actually 'hating' it. It was an expediency, with a dual purpose (placing Todd in power over the Alliance), and one that was very useful as it ostensibly placed Teyla in the role of Primary. You may not like The Queen, but there are some key pieces of dialogue between Shep and Teyla, as well as Todd, that are very usefull in determining attitude. Let's not forget that Todd quite clearly states how most Wraith respond to a female. If Todd has balls, then she's got 'em in a vice, and boy, would I ever use that. :D

As a biproduct, she also got to kill lots of Wraith.

Ryn
August 10th, 2010, 04:14 AM
You're right, Isolde, and maybe I'm not the best person to play Teyla. You might be better since you seem to have a better understanding of the character, and in fact, of the whole show... I've never been one for politics/strategy. :o
Actually, I would be more comfortable with an OC to start off with, don't know if I could do any of the NPC justice! ;)

Isolde
August 10th, 2010, 04:55 AM
You're right, Isolde, and maybe I'm not the best person to play Teyla. You might be better since you seem to have a better understanding of the character, and in fact, of the whole show... I've never been one for politics/strategy. :o

Don't be daft. :) I'm certain you'll do a grand job, it's just I'm sad old woman with far too much time on her hands, and a geekish overfamiliarity with Atlantis. *sigh* :o That and penchant for politics of any kind, even though I cannot stand them in RL. :D

Ryn
August 10th, 2010, 06:30 AM
It's a cliché, I know, but you're only as old as you feel :D
I still feel like I'm 15 or something even though I'm on the bad side of the 30's :lol:
I'll never grow up, that's for other people :P

I'll ask you for help if I need it, is that OK?

Isolde
August 10th, 2010, 07:14 AM
It's a cliché, I know, but you're only as old as you feel :D
I still feel like I'm 15 or something even though I'm on the bad side of the 30's :lol:
I'll never grow up, that's for other people :P

As old as the man you're feeling? ;) :P *cough* Though in my case... :D

I'll ask you for help if I need it, is that OK?

Yeah, that's sound. Feel free to pick my brains anytime. :)

Ryn
August 10th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I'm not a guy :P
and thanks :)

squirrely1
August 10th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Hey guys.....I think it's all finally coming together and going well. But just another suggestion....and please forgive me if I step on any toes by saying this... I just want to get this suggestion out before I forget but in reading the SG1 Resurgence S11 thread I'm loving the story there but I think it would be helpful if you can list the characters at the header of your post who is in attendance with your character when you are talking. That way we can keep track of who is where at all times and who is hearing what. I think that is the only thing that is confusing for me.....so for example if Jack, Daniel, Landry and the rest of the delegates are in the briefing room...you should list them in your header....even if you do not intend to speak to them. Then you can list out ....in the various colors like you have been doing who is going to be speaking. What do you guys think? Do you think that would help? Or maybe it is just me. But I thought that would help

So as an example post it would be like this:
<SGC> <Briefing Room>
Jack O'Neill, Daniel Jackson, General Landry and Delegates

{Jack O'Neill} {General Landry - NPC}

Ok so let me know your thoughts on this and if you like that I can PM Mel and she can make an official post about it somewhere. Well assuming she likes it too.... :eek:

I mean I don't want to cause a bunch of extra work for us...but I think as we get more into this story it is going to be confusing who is hearing what where and well maybe I'm just being anal! :eek: :S :S

Aragon101
August 10th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hey guys.....I think it's all finally coming together and going well. But just another suggestion....and please forgive me if I step on any toes by saying this... I just want to get this suggestion out before I forget but in reading the SG1 Resurgence S11 thread I'm loving the story there but I think it would be helpful if you can list the characters at the header of your post who is in attendance with your character when you are talking. That way we can keep track of who is where at all times and who is hearing what. I think that is the only thing that is confusing for me.....so for example if Jack, Daniel, Landry and the rest of the delegates are in the briefing room...you should list them in your header....even if you do not intend to speak to them. Then you can list out ....in the various colors like you have been doing who is going to be speaking. What do you guys think? Do you think that would help? Or maybe it is just me. But I thought that would help

So as an example post it would be like this:
<SGC> <Briefing Room>
Jack O'Neill, Daniel Jackson, General Landry and Delegates

{Jack O'Neill} {General Landry - NPC}

Ok so let me know your thoughts on this and if you like that I can PM Mel and she can make an official post about it somewhere. Well assuming she likes it too.... :eek:

I mean I don't want to cause a bunch of extra work for us...but I think as we get more into this story it is going to be confusing who is hearing what where and well maybe I'm just being anal! :eek: :S :S

I agree with this, but then again i'm not really involved in teh fine details of gameplay :P

on that note, i'll be gone a day or two or three as i'm... busy :P I'll see about some kind of guideline for the basic story and you guys can work it out as you go along.

SG-1: The company the LA infiltrated is an Energy Company, (Yes you can blame BP for this one too :P ) While there, they'd find Goa'uld tech as well as a Goa'uld who commits suicide rather than be captured. I leave it up to you guys what tech is found and what repurcussions it would have.

The shipyard the General Hammond is going to attack is a hard target. Plz keep that in mind :P

Dislcosure to Mac and the others... well all i can say is plz keep the fanwank to a somewhat mild level. Anne drinking Jack under the table just doens't seem physically possible when you consider that Jack cooks with Guinness :P

Once the game is in a bit deeper, i'll toss in a Random Event of DOOM! :D I'm quite pleased with the SG1 story so far :D

SGA: once things pick up a bit, there are several arcs that will be explored.

Todd and his return to power via Teyla as a Queen being one, I'm going to leave this one mostly to Isolde and Trilian as they're more experience with teh Wraith, but Mel is the showrunner here so she'd be the one to talk to about what's going to happen specifically.

If we get some OCs, then they can investigate the Pasgard abductions. will detail this one more once it starts

There's another arc i have in mind, but that wouldn't come until after these two are either resolved or deeper into the story.

squirrely1
August 10th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks Sammy :D I always love when you pop on here and interject with brilliant stuff ;) :D

RogueRanger
August 10th, 2010, 11:55 AM
As always the brains come out, thanks Issy, Ryn, Aunty Q and Sammy. Wonderful input from all of you. We will try out Q's suggestion if everyone can keep up with it. Essentially in most of the RTP's I've played we've had a main folder and then sub-folders just as Aftermath and WMA have, but we've yet to earn that right. But having each mission, each segment of the story with their own folders makes it a whole lot easier and that is my aim.

To simplify things we can do this format in your post.

<Gate Room> - <Med Bay> (here you are travelling from the 1st to the 2nd place)

{Lt. Mary Smith} (this is you with your colour)

(Lt. Gen Jack O'Neill - Daniel Jackson - Col. Samantha Carter) These are the people you are talking to. If it's a large group like SG1, you can simply type that, or whatever method you find easiest to convey the people involved.

Ryn
August 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I find that makes the posts more confusing :o but that may just be me... Adding the whole list of characters is something I've never ever done in an RP and frankly I don't even see why you should do that. See, RP'ing to me is like writing a book together. A book writer doesn't do that character listing on each chapter do they? I think it should be obvious from the scene or the character point of view to see which characters the post is addressed to. :)

And besides, it's a lot more work than just writing the post. :o

Aragon101
August 10th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I fall back on my inexperiecne with RP.

I just stand behind the curtain and move teh giant head around :P

Ryn
August 10th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Experience comes with posting :D

Speaking of, when's my cue??? :D

Aragon101
August 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Experience comes with posting :D

Speaking of, when's my cue??? :D

:P not gonna happen. I'm just online for a little longer today, posting a chapter or two up on my stuf, adn then gotta reformat my laptop :sheppard33:

Then tomorrow i have interviews to go to, as well as testing a bunch of computer parts and then i have an engagement to go to...

ugh, coffee shops are my salvation in this life :D

puddlejumperOZ
August 10th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Morning people. Ryn, I agree with you. I suppose for the inexperienced it's a tad overwhleming. So my suggestion is, try and follow the story as best as you can, and if you're lost as to your responses, do what VS has done and use the multi-quote tab, that way you can keep track of who you're talking to and what your prompts are.

Sam, keep the big head wobbling and good luck with the interviews:D

Ryn, lass go and intrude with Keller and Doctor MacGregor, after all I think Todd will be more than pleased to see three lovely ladies when he wakes up;)

Ryn
August 10th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Yay! and, thanks for agreeing! :D

Um, so um, what's Teyla's most recent history right now then, just so I have a starting point? :eek: *gets cold feet ... again :rolleyes: :P*

marilynrose
August 10th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Dislcosure to Mac and the others... well all i can say is plz keep the fanwank to a somewhat mild level. Anne drinking Jack under the table just doens't seem physically possible when you consider that Jack cooks with Guinness :P

FYI Aragon101, not so. I have outlasted many a veteran officer in the wardroom dinners. Ray was quoting fact:P:lol:

Ryn
August 10th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Never drank a single drop of that stuff, so I guess after like maybe two sips, I'd pass out :lol:

Just give me my chocolate. :cool:

marilynrose
August 10th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Yay! and, thanks for agreeing! :D

Um, so um, what's Teyla's most recent history right now then, just so I have a starting point? :eek: *gets cold feet ... again :rolleyes: :P*

This might help you dear:) http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Teyla_Emmagan

Ryn
August 10th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Thank you! :D
Will read .. and post .. after I've had a few zzz's. :o Night!

marilynrose
August 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Night dear sleep well:)

Isolde
August 10th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Thank you! :D
Will read .. and post .. after I've had a few zzz's. :o Night!

Just so you know, Teyla's the voice of reason across everything, she never, ever uses contractions, and she's san 'plot device man a.k.a Kanaan' and son. She might be a bit out of sorts. Possibly. :)

squirrely1
August 10th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I find that makes the posts more confusing :o but that may just be me... Adding the whole list of characters is something I've never ever done in an RP and frankly I don't even see why you should do that. See, RP'ing to me is like writing a book together. A book writer doesn't do that character listing on each chapter do they? I think it should be obvious from the scene or the character point of view to see which characters the post is addressed to. :)

And besides, it's a lot more work than just writing the post. :o
Thanks for your input Ryn...and I do not have alot of experience with this...but I didn't mean to list all the characters everytime...just simply make reference to who is there generally like you do in the header with "WHERE" you are. I think it just helps everyone keep track of who is where and what is being said to who and who is hearing. SO if you have a large group like mel mentioned you can just say... SG1 and SG3....etc...NOT list out all the characters. And maybe it's just for the transitional scenes only....when you change venues....I think that could be when it is the most helpful. If there is a long running scene and the "scene" has already been established by a previous poster then yeah ...maybe it is not needed. There are just so many characters and OC's and locations that I think eventually it may get difficult to follow and understand. Oh and for most updated info on the characters and such you can check the Omnipedia on this site as well http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Main_Page

I fall back on my inexperiecne with RP.

I just stand behind the curtain and move teh giant head around :P
OH so the Great OZ has spoken? :P

Morning people. Ryn, I agree with you. I suppose for the inexperienced it's a tad overwhleming. So my suggestion is, try and follow the story as best as you can, and if you're lost as to your responses, do what VS has done and use the multi-quote tab, that way you can keep track of who you're talking to and what your prompts are.

Sam, keep the big head wobbling and good luck with the interviews:D

Ryn, lass go and intrude with Keller and Doctor MacGregor, after all I think Todd will be more than pleased to see three lovely ladies when he wakes up;)
OH you would disagree with me wouldn't you Ray?? :rolleyes: ....you always love to tease and pick on your little sis... *sigh* well I will go ahead... *cuz I'm not lazy like ya'll* :P ....and continue to post the characters or teams at the header of my posts....you people can just limp along then....but when you are so confused and screaming for the hills....don't say I didnt' warn you!! :P :P :P *snort*

RogueRanger
August 10th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Don't worry about essential format at the moment, just do what makes it understandable to you and as we move along we'll all find it easier:D And Aunty Q, dad is thinking with his Navy hat on today, cuz that's where he's at. Ok so now it's off to class with me.....*zips out*

Apollodragon
August 10th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Right now O'Neill, Daniel, the IOA Delegates, Macgregor are at the Pentagon. If you look at the beginning of each of mine and Puddle. have us listed at a location.

Hey puddlejumper I am waiting on you right now. I know you might be busy I am just sending you a friendly reminder.

puddlejumperOZ
August 10th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Right be there in a mo' I'm trying to disentangle myself from a job here at work:D