PDA

View Full Version : Stargate New Seasons : OOC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

Vagabond Serpent
December 18th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Wait. Is the Goa'uld working with the LA or with SGC? I can't tell from your post.

After looking at the Daedalus Missions thread, I've noticed that there seems to be a lot of F-302 pilots around. So being a pilot on the Daedalus is probably out. IDK about the General Hammond.

Still, my preferred role would be on an SG team, but not SG-4, if it can be helped.

As for Christmas Break, I'll probably be making a Goa'uld NPC if possible to mess around with. :) :baal:

the goa'uld is working with the LA;) :D

Yup, she's right, Goa'Uld is a bad guy and I'd not say he's planning to work on SG team. ;)

By way, Pooks, you've any idea whay your sig says? (chuckle)

Colonel_ONeill
December 18th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Well, I've had a slight problem. The power in my house went off! :eek: Definitely a subpar experience. The last time this happened, it was because my neighbor put up so many christmas lights it blew the power line transformer. That takes a LOT of power.

Luckily my power is back on now. Anyways, once RPing gets back up, where should I start? Any ideas Aragon or Mel?

Vagabond Serpent
December 18th, 2010, 08:34 AM
We've most of pilots NPC assigned to Hammond, and we'd gladly have some more wingmen NPCed on Daedalus. :)

By way, you can just mail me your sheet, if you want, I'm a GM here too. :P

[email protected]

Colonel_ONeill
December 18th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Actually, I was asking if there are any OC positions on the Daedalus or the Hammond for F-302 pilots. I wasn't very clear, sorry. Still, preferred position is on an SG team, but I don't think there are any more open slots. I've changed my mind about SG-4 though...assign me to it if you want.

I'll email you the sheet when I get the chance.

pookey
December 18th, 2010, 09:09 AM
no i dont, what does it say:lol:

Vagabond Serpent
December 18th, 2010, 09:14 AM
It says I'M AWFULLY SCARED!!! :D

pookey
December 18th, 2010, 09:17 AM
:lol: good job it wasnt swearing:D not that anybody but you would have known:lol:

Vagabond Serpent
December 18th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Lis would, Karol. ;)

pookey
December 18th, 2010, 09:21 AM
yea, forgot about them,oo and Hiccups:lol:

squirrely1
December 18th, 2010, 09:37 AM
:eek: Pookey your Siggy!!! OMG!!!! :eek:

*giggles* JK :P

Ok yeah I may have just rambled on a bit too long in that last post of mine in the Hammy....but well my muse held me at gunpoint and ....that was the result!! :eek: I think I need to wear Pookey's siggy when that happens next time! LOL :P

clauz89
December 18th, 2010, 10:23 AM
God, I really hate Italian organization: 5 cm of snow means all streets, highways, railways completely interrupted, a Country cut in two parts.... :tealcanime22::tealcanime22:

Anyway, do we kow who's this Goa'uld? a Ba'al's clone? or a minor unknown Goa'uld?

Vagabond Serpent
December 18th, 2010, 10:45 AM
God, I really hate Italian organization: 5 cm of snow means all streets, highways, railways completely interrupted, a Country cut in two parts.... :tealcanime22::tealcanime22:

How about 15 cm we've finally? :D :D

Anyway, do we kow who's this Goa'uld? a Ba'al's clone? or a minor unknown Goa'uld?

The latter. :)

Actually, I was asking if there are any OC positions on the Daedalus or the Hammond for F-302 pilots. I wasn't very clear, sorry. Still, preferred position is on an SG team, but I don't think there are any more open slots.

There's always an OC position, just make one, and we'll add him/her to roster. :P We need at least 16 pilots for both ships, 32 in total for the mission, but we've only few, so any OC will be welcomed. :) Especially on Daedalus as 95% wanted to serve on Hammond. :mckay: :p

I've changed my mind about SG-4 though...assign me to it if you want.

Umm... The plan was we'd have a bad Goa'Uld working with LA here on Earth against SGC...

I'll email you the sheet when I get the chance.

OK. :)

TheLadyMore
December 18th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Hello my friends!

pookey
December 18th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Hello *waves*:D

Vagabond Serpent
December 18th, 2010, 11:37 AM
aha, waves with pan. (chuckle)

Colonel_ONeill
December 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Emailing in 5...4...3...2...1...Mark. :apophis-rings: There.

:lol: I think I'll go for Daedalus F-302 pilot then with my OC.

Colonel_ONeill
December 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Considering I seem to be unable to edit my posts :S, I'll double post AGAIN. I looked over the NPC thread, and all the NPC's seem to be is less-developed OC's.

All the NPC's in RPG's I've been in have been evil/neutral characters designed to move the plot along. I personally find this very confusing. :( Someone will have to explain this to me.

Sorry for being such a pain.

squirrely1
December 18th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Considering I seem to be unable to edit my posts :S, I'll double post AGAIN. I looked over the NPC thread, and all the NPC's seem to be is less-developed OC's.

All the NPC's in RPG's I've been in have been evil/neutral characters designed to move the plot along. I personally find this very confusing. :( Someone will have to explain this to me.

Sorry for being such a pain.

From what I understand the NPC Pilots are temporary charries to help with this mission only. And since we won't be "flying" missions all the time....they are only needed on a temporary basis....altho ....Mel said that some of these NPC's may end up as OC's eventually. But keep in mind some NPC pilots will end up biting the bullet during this mission. :eek: Hope that helps oh and BTW....welcome :D

Colonel_ONeill
December 18th, 2010, 01:03 PM
:indeed:

I'm still pondering whether I want to be part of an SG team or a Daedalus F-302 pilot. :confused: Any advice on that?

When will the Christmas Break sub-RPG thing start? Should I make an NPC for it or something soon?

Also, are these NPC's played by one specific person or tossed around between everybody?

Finally...I'm getting a little confused as to who is playing who. I would like to make a list, but since I don't know who's dropped out and stuff like that, it would be rather difficult.

If Colonel Reynolds is open, I'll take his spot. Although applying for Weedle's old position is depressing.... :sheppardanime32: Poor Weedle. :(

mad_gater
December 18th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Well, I've had a slight problem. The power in my house went off! :eek: Definitely a subpar experience. The last time this happened, it was because my neighbor put up so many christmas lights it blew the power line transformer. That takes a LOT of power.

Luckily my power is back on now. Anyways, once RPing gets back up, where should I start? Any ideas Aragon or Mel?

sheesh.....what was your neighbor trying to do? light the whole neighborhood from his Christmas decorations?!?!?!?!

mad_gater
December 18th, 2010, 02:05 PM

you could create a RP character to NPC in the Daedalus thread as chaplain assistant....even a Tok'ra blended Catholic priest has his limits and could do with an assistant....perhaps one who is a permanent deacon to coordinate perpetual expositions of the Blessed Sacrament on both the Daedalus and the Hammond....:):)

SciFiSGFan
December 18th, 2010, 02:12 PM
^^ Still trying to recruit an assistant, eh? :D Thought of another problem with my making an assistant for your guy -- I'm a Baptist!

mad_gater
December 18th, 2010, 02:39 PM

sounds like my character might get some time to fight out into the field....cuz he harbors a Tok'ra symbiote (whose identity is not yet revealed...mainly cuz Mel hasn't created the identity for his symbiote yet....:P:D) and if the enemy involves Goa'uld...well....time for this Tok'ra to open some Whoop-a$$....:P:D

TheLadyMore
December 18th, 2010, 02:59 PM
lalala!

Colonel_ONeill
December 18th, 2010, 03:13 PM
sheesh.....what was your neighbor trying to do? light the whole neighborhood from his Christmas decorations?!?!?!?!

Not quite... but there was barely a patch of grass left in his yard that wasn't covered with some sort of reindeer or light strand. His yard isn't that big though. And he also has these three moving reindeer that take a ton of power to operate.

Plus, the transformer was getting old.

What's the word on the Reynolds slot?

mad_gater
December 18th, 2010, 03:53 PM
^^ Still trying to recruit an assistant, eh? :D Thought of another problem with my making an assistant for your guy -- I'm a Baptist!

might not matter too much as the assistant is only really needed to take care of the administrative end of things for the chaplain...though a permanent deacon as an assistant for a priest chaplain would probably be preferred because in that case the assistant could be available for things like exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, which can be done by either a deacon or a priest

Aragon101
December 18th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I haz an idea for a recurring villain, but TBH i'm hesitant to work out the details since it does involve this villain having success against the SGC. Not just as in physically hurt them either, that would be too simple ;)

Col. O'Neill, if Mel approves then i'll forward you some deets on the idea i have to see if it's to your liking. I actually have two villains that could be incorporated, but we'll see.

As far as all these NPCs being OCs, i have to agree with O'Neill, not every NPC has to have a bio, sometimes a gate technician is just a gate technician.

And uhh... one little note. Try not to drink too much cough medicine at once. You end up very light headed. and giddy

mad_gater
December 18th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I haz an idea for a recurring villain, but TBH i'm hesitant to work out the details since it does involve this villain having success against the SGC. Not just as in physically hurt them either, that would be too simple ;)

Col. O'Neill, if Mel approves then i'll forward you some deets on the idea i have to see if it's to your liking. I actually have two villains that could be incorporated, but we'll see.

As far as all these NPCs being OCs, i have to agree with O'Neill, not every NPC has to have a bio, sometimes a gate technician is just a gate technician.

And uhh... one little note. Try not to drink too much cough medicine at once. You end up very light headed. and giddy

drinking a large mugful of glögg has the same effect.....:lol::P:D

SciFiSGFan
December 18th, 2010, 05:08 PM
might not matter too much as the assistant is only really needed to take care of the administrative end of things for the chaplain...though a permanent deacon as an assistant for a priest chaplain would probably be preferred because in that case the assistant could be available for things like exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, which can be done by either a deacon or a priest

Well, TBH -- I was thinking of an archeologist or something. Not that I really know anything about it, but it could be fun. Besides - she wont be a huge role, I'm thinking. I dont have that kind of time.

Colonel_ONeill
December 18th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Oh boy, I know what you're talking about with the cough medicine. I had whooping cough for six months last year and ended up taking a codine-derived cough medicine for about 2 weeks. Then I had to stop taking so I wouldn't become an addict and went with Robitussin instead. Neither really helped that much, and i really don't feel much sympathy any more for people complaining about a cough. I was basically stuck at home for most of the summer because of it. Sucked. Anyways, enough self-pity from me.

I'm still strongly in favor of a thread for which characters people are playing. Also, are the NPC's played by multiple people or just by the creator? *important*

In other news, I'm starting to get caught up with the story. Slowly but surely! :D

mad_gater
December 18th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Oh boy, I know what you're talking about with the cough medicine. I had whooping cough for six months last year and ended up taking a codine-derived cough medicine for about 2 weeks. Then I had to stop taking so I wouldn't become an addict and went with Robitussin instead. Neither really helped that much, and i really don't feel much sympathy any more for people complaining about a cough. I was basically stuck at home for most of the summer because of it. Sucked. Anyways, enough self-pity from me.

I'm still strongly in favor of a thread for which characters people are playing. Also, are the NPC's played by multiple people or just by the creator? *important*

In other news, I'm starting to get caught up with the story. Slowly but surely! :D

have you tried fisherman's friend cough drops? they don't taste good but they usually help with nasty coughs

or another cough remedy is an all-natural one....but also does not taste very good.....you take 5 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it with 5 teaspoons of honey and 1 cup of hot water (in a large enough mug) and drink like a tea....a very tart tea....like I said....not pleasant-tasting but from what I heard it help with nasty coughs as well

Colonel_ONeill
December 18th, 2010, 06:50 PM
The whooping cough is over now. But I will look for those cough drops. I have bad allergies too, so I get a chronic cough whenever too much pollen is around or I'm near a dog. :( However, when was the last time any cough drop that actually worked ever tasted good?

I've tried something similar to that honey-tea thing. Although it certainly helps with normal coughs, it didn't really do anything to the whooping cough. Probably because whooping cough is caused by a bacteria that emits a toxin into your throat. It basically makes you cough even though there's no real reason for you to cough, and it just has to run its course. There's not much you can do about it. Which is very annoying because when it gets bad you can start to choke....

Anyhow, see everyone in the morning... hopefully VS got my e-mail.

mad_gater
December 18th, 2010, 07:23 PM
yes but in this case the honey is mixed with apple cider vinegar.....decidedly unpleasant as a remedy but vinegar does kill bacteria due to its acidity....it's why a lot of "make your own" natural all-purpose cleaners the recipes for which are on numerous websites are usually just a mixture of vinegar and water and maybe a little dish soap (the mixture I use is 1 cup 70% rubbing alcohol mixed with 1 cup of water and 1 cup of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of liquid dish soap)...because the vinegar helps to sanitize surfaces.....so while regular tea with honey might not do much the vinegar should help....again cuz the vinegar should assist in killing the bacteria causing the whooping cough

Colonel_ONeill
December 18th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Yes, but the bacteria's already dead. It's just the toxin in your throat lingering around.

Still, that sounds like a good idea for a normal cough. But we're getting off topic here! :eek:

mad_gater
December 18th, 2010, 07:28 PM
and fisherman's friend cough drops are loaded with 10 mg. of menthol per cough drop.....so......rather foul-tasting but pretty strong.....when my dad sucked on them I could smell it from clear across the room....:lol:

mad_gater
December 18th, 2010, 07:39 PM
all this action happening in the other S11 threads and nothing happening on the Daedalus....*sniff*...I think the Daedalus feels left out......:(:(:P:D

Colonel_ONeill
December 19th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Well, once VS approves my character, just where should I start at to get caught up with everything?

I've applied for Colonel Reynolds' slot as well.

Princess Awinita
December 19th, 2010, 08:08 AM
all this action happening in the other S11 threads and nothing happening on the Daedalus....*sniff*...I think the Daedalus feels left out......:(:(:P:D
Personally I've been contemplating taking on Caldwell.... I like him, he's cool

mad_gater
December 19th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I would take other characters except I think I've already got enough work controlling a character who's a chaplain.....:P:D

Princess Awinita
December 19th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I would take other characters except I think I've already got enough work controlling a character who's a chaplain.....:P:D
Heck I was even tempted to bring in my Felinus/Furling character that I made three years ago, her name is Teyilia (which was also my original username here on GW), she was a eight foot tall feline woman from another galaxy (formerly a Wraith captive, apparently experimented on and had taken on some Wraith subsets) Overall, she's a felinus, not a human or Goa'uld or whatever else we have.

Similar to Lake, the only thing with Lake is that she's a m,ade on computer and grown in a stasis tube type of super soldier. Way too over powered for here me thinks. Mostly because she has three weapons, a G36E (which looks like a Clone Troopers DC15 rifle), a crossbow that was custom made for her only, (210 pound draw weight! Nobody save for the Terminator can draw THAT many a time!), and a .357 Deagle handgun.

A walking one woman army. she's actually 16 years of age, but she's got the experiances of a dead 67 year old general. So she's basically a child soldier.

But like I said, wouldn't fit in this game, so for now she's in fanfic stories of mine

Vagabond Serpent
December 19th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Well, once VS approves my character, just where should I start at to get caught up with everything?

I've applied for Colonel Reynolds' slot as well.

Yes, I got your e-mail, and I approve your charrie as a Daedalus pilot, though I'm not so sure about rank of his tbh. :o Know what? Post the bio in that OCs thread, and poke Mel some more about exact position and exact rank. ;) Or if you still can't edit your posts, wait for her to say her final word. :P

As for Col Reynolds, take him if he's vacant, less trouble off others' shoulders. :)

And yup, I'm a Russian, born and bred. :D :D

ETA: To whoever attentive showing up, I was going to post for my pilots when I realised the mass of posts happened since last of mine. Permission not to read that all (if there's not anything vital of course) and just post them taking off in the morning? :D

Colonel_ONeill
December 19th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Right, well, thanks for approving my character. I don't care what his rank or age is, so long as he's not a newbie and has flown an F-15E in any war after the Gulf War. Switch it around as you please.

Also, how will Charles Stone get introduced into the plot?

Colonel Reynolds's slot is indeed open. I'll be happy to take it, but where should I start exactly? I assume the SG-1/SG-3 missions thread?

Finally, what's the deal with Christmas Break? On or off?

TheLadyMore
December 19th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Hello hopefully everyones having a good day!

clauz89
December 19th, 2010, 12:08 PM

quite good, thanks.....
but I'm becoming really anxious for tomorrow English exam.....:samanime24::samanime24:

mad_gater
December 19th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Heck I was even tempted to bring in my Felinus/Furling character that I made three years ago, her name is Teyilia (which was also my original username here on GW), she was a eight foot tall feline woman from another galaxy (formerly a Wraith captive, apparently experimented on and had taken on some Wraith subsets) Overall, she's a felinus, not a human or Goa'uld or whatever else we have.

Similar to Lake, the only thing with Lake is that she's a m,ade on computer and grown in a stasis tube type of super soldier. Way too over powered for here me thinks. Mostly because she has three weapons, a G36E (which looks like a Clone Troopers DC15 rifle), a crossbow that was custom made for her only, (210 pound draw weight! Nobody save for the Terminator can draw THAT many a time!), and a .357 Deagle handgun.

A walking one woman army. she's actually 16 years of age, but she's got the experiances of a dead 67 year old general. So she's basically a child soldier.

But like I said, wouldn't fit in this game, so for now she's in fanfic stories of mine

sounds like a HALO SPARTAN soldier....kick any Goa'uld lord's backside for sure....:lol:

TheLadyMore
December 19th, 2010, 12:13 PM
quite good, thanks.....
but I'm becoming really anxious for tomorrow English exam.....:samanime24::samanime24:

Ahhh another trapped in finals week... I got statistics O.O

Colonel_ONeill
December 19th, 2010, 12:37 PM
sounds like a HALO SPARTAN soldier....kick any Goa'uld lord's backside for sure....:lol:

No! The Goa'uld REFUSE to have their backsides kicked! :lol:

clauz89
December 19th, 2010, 12:43 PM

uh, no, finals start at the and of January.....:D
this is simply a test I need to pass in order to be admitted to the last two years....

[statistics?! already passed....:D:D]

mad_gater
December 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM
No! The Goa'uld REFUSE to have their backsides kicked! :lol:

well with a SPARTAN getting one's butt kicked is kind of an occupational hazard.....heck her SPARTANesque character could probably even go a few rounds with a Wraith and win.....:P:D

TheLadyMore
December 19th, 2010, 01:02 PM
uh, no, finals start at the and of january.....:d
this is simply a test i need to pass in order to be admitted to the last two years....

[statistics?! Already passed....:d:d]

luckyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

SciFiSGFan
December 19th, 2010, 01:05 PM
uh, no, finals start at the and of January.....:D
this is simply a test I need to pass in order to be admitted to the last two years....

[statistics?! already passed....:D:D]

Yikes -- my semester actually ends Tue - but I'm done now. Start a new semester in mid Jan!

TheLadyMore
December 19th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Yikes -- my semester actually ends Tue - but I'm done now. Start a new semester in mid Jan!

As do I!

Alteran of Atlantis
December 19th, 2010, 05:03 PM

Well if my opinion matters at all, I say go for it :D Sounds interesting :p

Aragon101
December 19th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Well if my opinion matters at all, I say go for it :D Sounds interesting :p

ATM only SBZ who's assisting me with teh story knows just how it'll go down. PJOZ has a few ideas but i don't think he's captured exactly what i have in mind for my story. Not sure if Mel would want that kind of thing in New Seasons,

TheLadyMore
December 19th, 2010, 05:29 PM
The SGA side seems rather quiet.

Princess Awinita
December 19th, 2010, 05:36 PM

well with a SPARTAN getting one's butt kicked is kind of an occupational hazard.....heck her SPARTANesque character could probably even go a few rounds with a Wraith and win.....:P:D
Well, Lake is actually slightly better then a SPartan II mostly because the Spartans were genetically altered as they grew up. Lake on the other hand was created first on a computer then grown inside a stasis tube, much like an avatar from the movie Avatar would be grown, only, not an empty shell, Lake's DNA had her battle experiance (of the dead general) ingrained into her DNA, so pretty much, a soldier ready for anything, never goes anywhere without her .357!

Now.... taking on the Wraith,............... It is possible....

Vagabond Serpent
December 19th, 2010, 06:24 PM

Heh, session starts on 25th and goes until 1st of February. :P :S :S :S :S :S

mad_gater
December 19th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Well, Lake is actually slightly better then a SPartan II mostly because the Spartans were genetically altered as they grew up. Lake on the other hand was created first on a computer then grown inside a stasis tube, much like an avatar from the movie Avatar would be grown, only, not an empty shell, Lake's DNA had her battle experiance (of the dead general) ingrained into her DNA, so pretty much, a soldier ready for anything, never goes anywhere without her .357!

Now.... taking on the Wraith,............... It is possible....

yeah...Master Chief is a SPARTAN 2....and he could flip a Warthog.....so chances are he could bust a Wraith's chops up pretty good and so could Lake

Aragon101
December 19th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Just an honest opinion, keep the supersoldiers/aces/heroes out.

It's a staple of good writing, balanced heroes. Even in SG-1 and SGA, despite knowing that the heroes would come out alright in the end, it was the fact that the journey wasn't easy that mattered.

If your character can easily pwn Wraith or has a ATA gene that makes Sheppard look like a primate in comparison, then it takes away from the point of the story.

Why else did it take the SGC 5-8 years to start building space ships, and what happened once they had them? it just become a asgard plasma beam of doom fest where it took the Ori killing Korolev to raise the stakes.

The problem is by raising the stakes in a technological sense, (leveling up if you will) the enemies have to level up in order to make the threat credible.

So please, i'm even tetchy about hte cyborg but at least robotics is something that's been hinted to in the series. I remember clearly from another RPG i happened upon years ago something very clear. It was a Star Trek RPG and there was one really funny "guideline".

"If you are playing hte Com officer, you have a Com officer's duties. This does not include firing phasers, leaping over the console to take over navigation/piloting, or taking command of the ship should the captain be incapacitated. Know your place and work together as a team, because there's no I in team, but there is a U in Mary Sue."

Princess Awinita
December 19th, 2010, 06:48 PM
MadG: true, Lake though is more or less a clone soldier, basically a soldier since before birth so to speak. 16 years of actual age, but since her experiance comes from a dead general, (who died at age 51), Lake's 'legal age' is 67, but she wont age by much if at all. (think Ada Choi for an idea of what Lake looks like, Sung has the same hairstyle of fire red with streaks of black)

Aragon: Balanced characters are sometimes too much. I created Lake from nothing whatsoever, just some thoughts I had, and also what if moments as well. Like for example a What If someone irked off Carter to the point of Carter pulling her sidearm on the person that irked her off. (which so happens to be Lake in one of my fanfic stories on another website)

I also have my own AU of Die Hard 4 (Live Free or Die Hard) with Lake in John's place, John having passed away, yet his niece Lake McClane takes on her uncles job with his spirit guiding her. (now that got me thinking, who doesn't want to do it McClane's way?!)

I get what you are saying yes, no offense is taken.

Now speaking of other realities.... I like dabbling in those, as such, the Vegas reality for example. That's the reality that Lake would reside in, so if a rift in space time were to happen, Lake might fall through.

But that really only works in the Multiverse at best, anything can and does exsist there

But good pioints all around.... just spelling needs work ;)

mad_gater
December 19th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I've always had a special fondness for crossover fics....I for one wouldn't mind seeing what a MAC round could do to a Wraith hive ship....:lol:

Alteran of Atlantis
December 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I agree, keep the superpower alien OCs out of here. Two of my friends had a bet to see if I'd bring my Ancient OC Carna (formerly Atlantea) in here. Of course not. She's still in development, any is probably too overpowered even for my tastes. We don't need any alien OCs in here, except from the established races, and that's still iffy. Just trying to keep it realistic :)

ATM only SBZ who's assisting me with teh story knows just how it'll go down. PJOZ has a few ideas but i don't think he's captured exactly what i have in mind for my story. Not sure if Mel would want that kind of thing in New Seasons,

Well it doesn't hurt to ask. :D

Colonel_ONeill
December 19th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Genetically enhanced super-soldiers are a no-no. I don't want to get into a god-modding war in which people get into a contest of who can bring in the most overpowered weapon fastest. Soon enough we'll have heavy bombers dropping little blue bombs that wipe out half a planet.

Going down the SPARTAN road is a very bad idea. Don't do it. /end rant.

Right, well, thanks for approving my character. I don't care what his rank or age is, so long as he's not a newbie and has flown an F-15E in any war after the Gulf War. Switch it around as you please.

Colonel Reynolds's slot is indeed open. I'll be happy to take it, but where should I start exactly? I assume the SG-1/SG-3 missions thread?

Hey, people, I'm still searching for an answer on this. Please respond....

Princess Awinita
December 19th, 2010, 11:11 PM
1: I created Lake from nothing whatsoever after watching RED with some friends at the cinima a month or so ago. Lake is pretty much the following in very simple terms. Dangerously paranoid

2: Be happy I didn't ask Mel if I could use Toothless in this game, that would have been a biiiiigggggg joke!

Vagabond Serpent
December 20th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Genetically enhanced super-soldiers are a no-no. I don't want to get into a god-modding war in which people get into a contest of who can bring in the most overpowered weapon fastest. Soon enough we'll have heavy bombers dropping little blue bombs that wipe out half a planet.

Balanced OCs are the best. :D

I'll respond in the evening. :)

Colonel_ONeill
December 20th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Balanced OCs are the best. :D

I'll respond in the evening. :)

Thank you!

I just realized I spent the entire week writing 600 word essays for an application and all I needed was 600-character short answers. :( *facepalm*

RogueRanger
December 20th, 2010, 10:07 AM

1st things first. I'm scrubbing Lily Anderson as CAG of the Daedy wing, so Colonel Stone has the job. I'll get dad to write in something and introduce Stone today when he gets back from Western Australia about 11am this morning.:D

next....Colonel Reynolds was reported to have had an accident, we'll have it said that this was a false report from medbay as they confused him with a tech Alan Reynolds instead of Al Reynolds. Colonel Reynolds had to attend to something..we'll think of it later. In the meantime he'll be beamed over to the Tel'tak before they leave:D

Yes we are still having the break, but I have an idea for those of you who still want to keep busy over the break. I'll post it up later:)

Terrible yesterday LM, no net:eek:

quite good, thanks.....

Hope you do well Clau:) *hugz*

What kind of thing????? Oh and for the record, I think dad only knows as much as you have shown him, which is what he showed me. He told me that he's still interested in writing but he doesn't know more than the first draft...well that was months ago anyway:P

The SGA side seems rather quiet.

It is. With Ryn still MIA, Primus missing:eek: Dad will be back today and post. Anyone atm can NPC Teyla, Ronon and Lorne for now. We'll sort that out later:D

Just an honest opinion, keep the supersoldiers/aces/heroes out.

It's a staple of good writing, balanced heroes. Even in SG-1 and SGA, despite knowing that the heroes would come out alright in the end, it was the fact that the journey wasn't easy that mattered.

If your character can easily pwn Wraith or has a ATA gene that makes Sheppard look like a primate in comparison, then it takes away from the point of the story.

Why else did it take the SGC 5-8 years to start building space ships, and what happened once they had them? it just become a asgard plasma beam of doom fest where it took the Ori killing Korolev to raise the stakes.

The problem is by raising the stakes in a technological sense, (leveling up if you will) the enemies have to level up in order to make the threat credible.

So please, i'm even tetchy about hte cyborg but at least robotics is something that's been hinted to in the series. I remember clearly from another RPG i happened upon years ago something very clear. It was a Star Trek RPG and there was one really funny "guideline".

"If you are playing hte Com officer, you have a Com officer's duties. This does not include firing phasers, leaping over the console to take over navigation/piloting, or taking command of the ship should the captain be incapacitated. Know your place and work together as a team, because there's no I in team, but there is a U in Mary Sue."

There will absolutely no uber-super anything. Colonel Hasluck is a legitimate experiment from Doctor Lee, a one of who will most likely go feral:eek:

I agree, keep the superpower alien OCs out of here. Two of my friends had a bet to see if I'd bring my Ancient OC Carna (formerly Atlantea) in here. Of course not. She's still in development, any is probably too overpowered even for my tastes. We don't need any alien OCs in here, except from the established races, and that's still iffy. Just trying to keep it realistic :)

Well it doesn't hurt to ask. :D

And realistic to Stargate is what we will be keeping:sam:

Responded above Colonel:D Please PM me for details:D

mad_gater
December 20th, 2010, 10:14 AM
1st things first. I'm scrubbing Lily Anderson as CAG of the Daedy wing, so Colonel Stone has the job. I'll get dad to write in something and introduce Stone today when he gets back from Western Australia about 11am this morning.:D

next....Colonel Reynolds was reported to have had an accident, we'll have it said that this was a false report from medbay as they confused him with a tech Alan Reynolds instead of Al Reynolds. Colonel Reynolds had to attend to something..we'll think of it later. In the meantime he'll be beamed over to the Tel'tak before they leave:D

Yes we are still having the break, but I have an idea for those of you who still want to keep busy over the break. I'll post it up later:)

Terrible yesterday LM, no net:eek:

Hope you do well Clau:) *hugz*

What kind of thing????? Oh and for the record, I think dad only knows as much as you have shown him, which is what he showed me. He told me that he's still interested in writing but he doesn't know more than the first draft...well that was months ago anyway:P

It is. With Ryn still MIA, Primus missing:eek: Dad will be back today and post. Anyone atm can NPC Teyla, Ronon and Lorne for now. We'll sort that out later:D

There will absolutely no uber-super anything. Colonel Hasluck is a legitimate experiment from Doctor Lee, a one of who will most likely go feral:eek:

And realistic to Stargate is what we will be keeping:sam:

Responded above Colonel:D Please PM me for details:D

Lily is being scrubbed.....:eek:....oh poor Cam.....there goes one of his date prospects.....:lol::P:D

and for Col. Hasluck maybe have a scene where Fr. Sheen has to fight him in order to save someone's life

clauz89
December 20th, 2010, 10:33 AM
English exam done, results next week.....
now I can relax..... but I can't tell mum anymore that I'm studying here on GW :eek::lol:

RogueRanger
December 20th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Lily is being scrubbed.....:eek:....oh poor Cam.....there goes one of his date prospects.....:lol::P:D

and for Col. Hasluck maybe have a scene where Fr. Sheen has to fight him in order to save someone's life

I think Cam will get over it:P

Did you read what Hasluck did to the Genii, good luck with Fr Sheen fighting him, maybe a mental show of strength, that would be about it:lol:

English exam done, results next week.....
now I can relax..... but I can't tell mum anymore that I'm studying here on GW :eek::lol:

You do that to???? :sam43:

clauz89
December 20th, 2010, 11:17 AM

Well, I had to practice English, and that's a funny way to do it.... and mum couldn't complain I wasn't studying...:lol: :mckayanime18:

clauz89
December 20th, 2010, 11:19 AM
By the way, it's rather quiet the LA mission too...:eek:

mad_gater
December 20th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I think Cam will get over it:P

Did you read what Hasluck did to the Genii, good luck with Fr Sheen fighting him, maybe a mental show of strength, that would be about it:lol:

did any of the Genii have the enhanced speed and strength of being blended with a Tok'ra? :P:D

or master a very ancient form of hand-to-hand combat? :P:D

and if necessary Fr. Sheen is a pretty good shot too....they don't make Lt. Col.'s out of people who can't hit the broadside of a barn after all...:P:D

Colonel_ONeill
December 20th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hurray, I get CAG of the Daedalus. And is Charles a full Colonel now, not a Lieutenant Colonel? :D I get to rank up instead of down. :D Plus, I don't even have to do the introduction. I hate intro's anyways.

Hopefully PCW doesn't kill me when he discovers his character was replaced with mine. :P

RogueRanger
December 20th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Well, I had to practice English, and that's a funny way to do it.... and mum couldn't complain I wasn't studying...:lol: :mckayanime18:

My only problem is that both Mum and Dad are here on GW:eek:

By the way, it's rather quiet the LA mission too...:eek:

The Earth mission for SG4? Or the one with the Tel'tak and 302's???? :sam43:

did any of the Genii have the enhanced speed and strength of being blended with a Tok'ra? :P:D

or master a very ancient form of hand-to-hand combat? :P:D

and if necessary Fr. Sheen is a pretty good shot too....they don't make Lt. Col.'s out of people who can't hit the broadside of a barn after all...:P:D

If you want a picture in your mind of HAsluck, think of perhaps a cross between the Terminator and Alien Resurrections Ripley clone:eek:

Hello O'Neill I see you there:D

Princess Awinita
December 20th, 2010, 01:49 PM

And realistic to Stargate is what we will be keeping
1: Looks like Sung is going to get even more hacked off as she (meaning myself) thought it was going ot be a ladies wing O.o
2: I'm totoally confused about this mentioning and just thought to say that I wont say anything because i just watched a crapload of Carlin on uTube, so my mind is down somewhere in the drainage canal again
3: Everyone is forgetting that I had said that I had thought of seeing if Lake could be a character, but then thought better of it, she's a lot like the cyborg fellow. Though in her case she suffers from total paranoia and total nervous breakdowns...
4: This includes any currently known about Stargate race right? Like the Furlings for example?

puddlejumperOZ
December 20th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Hurray, I get CAG of the Daedalus. And is Charles a full Colonel now, not a Lieutenant Colonel? :D I get to rank up instead of down. :D Plus, I don't even have to do the introduction. I hate intro's anyways.

Hopefully PCW doesn't kill me when he discovers his character was replaced with mine. :P

I'll post something up from the Admiral shortly. I think it's best if perhaps Lily gets called away by Caldwell, due to a certain medical condition:jack_new15:

Colonel_ONeill
December 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM
You're still introducing Charles Stone right PJOZ? I'll do it myself if I must though.

mad_gater
December 20th, 2010, 04:27 PM
My only problem is that both Mum and Dad are here on GW:eek:

The Earth mission for SG4? Or the one with the Tel'tak and 302's???? :sam43:

If you want a picture in your mind of HAsluck, think of perhaps a cross between the Terminator and Alien Resurrections Ripley clone:eek:

Hello O'Neill I see you there:D

OK so Fr. Sheen will need an exceptionally high-powered shot gun to hunt him down with after he gets his butt kicked.....:P:D

puddlejumperOZ
December 20th, 2010, 04:58 PM
1: Looks like Sung is going to get even more hacked off as she (meaning myself) thought it was going ot be a ladies wing O.o
2: I'm totoally confused about this mentioning and just thought to say that I wont say anything because i just watched a crapload of Carlin on uTube, so my mind is down somewhere in the drainage canal again
3: Everyone is forgetting that I had said that I had thought of seeing if Lake could be a character, but then thought better of it, she's a lot like the cyborg fellow. Though in her case she suffers from total paranoia and total nervous breakdowns...
4: This includes any currently known about Stargate race right? Like the Furlings for example?
It is a disappointment when someone goes missing after just joining up, but we'll muddle through I expect. Perhaps an all female team might have been a little unrealistic anyway.

BTW there is a post for Li in the LA Earth thread:D

OK so Fr. Sheen will need an exceptionally high-powered shot gun to hunt him down with after he gets his butt kicked.....:P:D

Ya think??? http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.php?albumid=1496&pictureid=19932

SciFiSGFan
December 20th, 2010, 05:05 PM
It is a disappointment when someone goes missing after just joining up, but we'll muddle through I expect. Perhaps an all female team might have been a little unrealistic anyway.

Why? :P :P SGA did have an all-female team in at least one ep.

RogueRanger
December 20th, 2010, 05:30 PM
We would have if peeps would keep their word:mad: I think Primmy has fallen under some snow:eek:

Aragon101
December 20th, 2010, 05:31 PM
No furlings. SG never confirmed what they looked like and to hammer in something here will just not end well. I've yet to see a story other than a crossover which did them justice. (even that story was bland IMO)

I'm not singling anyone out with my comments. I really do think that if everyone plays fairly, not hogging the limelight that you all can have fun. Mel has the final decision on story ideas and such, but characters who for some reason are 'special' or 'unique' or could potentially be a part of an Anime adventure aren't exactly considered classy writing. Uber powered characters with some kind of 'unique' vulnerability or 'unique' weapon or condition fall under the same lines.

Here, take this test with your characters. If you score over 40 then i think maybe some CC is needed http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm

Just remember, a hero isn't born, they're grown through experience and trials and tribulations. If they're superpowered to start, where can they go from there?

RogueRanger
December 20th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Well so far we don't have any super heros. I've given strict instructions that HAsluck is to be kept under a leash and that's the way it will stay. As for the Rev Fr Sheens Tok'ra. I haven't apporoved his bio yet, so someone will need to edit their post;)

Princess Awinita
December 20th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Well, sadly I'm lost on what to post for Li and Maya >.<

mad_gater
December 20th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Why? :P :P SGA did have an all-female team in at least one ep.

yeah...you never know if a lady like Hathor still exists......need some females on those teams just to snap the guys out of the pheromone control.....:lol:

Princess Awinita
December 20th, 2010, 06:44 PM
No furlings. SG never confirmed what they looked like and to hammer in something here will just not end well. I've yet to see a story other than a crossover which did them justice. (even that story was bland IMO)

I'm not singling anyone out with my comments. I really do think that if everyone plays fairly, not hogging the limelight that you all can have fun. Mel has the final decision on story ideas and such, but characters who for some reason are 'special' or 'unique' or could potentially be a part of an Anime adventure aren't exactly considered classy writing. Uber powered characters with some kind of 'unique' vulnerability or 'unique' weapon or condition fall under the same lines.

Here, take this test with your characters. If you score over 40 then i think maybe some CC is needed http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm

Just remember, a hero isn't born, they're grown through experience and trials and tribulations. If they're superpowered to start, where can they go from there?
Well, I've pretty much had a solid idea of what the Furlings look like, tall felinoid beings. Really simple.

Aslo that MS test? I tested Lake on that, got exactly 17 points, got 22 points with my other OC named Teyilia. Tried doing Sheppard, boy is he up there on the mary sue test O.o

Aragon101
December 20th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Well, I've pretty much had a solid idea of what the Furlings look like, tall felinoid beings. Really simple.

Aslo that MS test? I tested Lake on that, got exactly 17 points, got 22 points with my other OC named Teyilia. Tried doing Sheppard, boy is he up there on the mary sue test O.o

I'll just defer this to Mel.

Princess Awinita
December 20th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Don't worry Aragon; i'll VM Mel about it, I'm working on six different things anyhow, writing two Dialog Cores for two different stories, working on a pair of characters from a game on another website, posting here on gateworld, doing two IM clients, one of them a multichat client with 14 rooms on it...

in a word, I'm.... busy

RogueRanger
December 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Well, sadly I'm lost on what to post for Li and Maya >.<

Oh Sis even I could post that. Li and Maya sit next to Dong. Li tries not to take too much notice of his head wound but her heart won't let her, she takes out a hanky and wipes away the blood. But because she is who she is, she should say soemthing like. "If anything happens to you my love, I will kill you myself."

yeah...you never know if a lady like Hathor still exists......need some females on those teams just to snap the guys out of the pheromone control.....:lol:

I'm thinking of a female Goa'uld actually, more on the lines of Nirtii, maybe one of her underlings:eek:

Nope..not going down Furling Street:P

TheLadyMore
December 21st, 2010, 09:28 AM
Ello

RogueRanger
December 21st, 2010, 10:11 AM
Morning LM, where is everyone??????? :eek:

clauz89
December 21st, 2010, 10:19 AM
I'm thinking of a female Goa'uld actually, more on the lines of Nirtii, maybe one of her underlings:eek:

for the LA? I think it coul be good for a spy an ancient god like Hermes, protector of travellers and rogues....:D

Hi everyone....

Princess Awinita
December 21st, 2010, 10:45 AM
Oh Sis even I could post that. Li and Maya sit next to Dong. Li tries not to take too much notice of his head wound but her heart won't let her, she takes out a hanky and wipes away the blood. But because she is who she is, she should say soemthing like. "If anything happens to you my love, I will kill you myself."

Nope..not going down Furling Street:P
1: Reminds me a LOT of Teyilia, she did the same once, it was hilarious too. Basically a friend of hers had gotten shot, and she pulled her friend aside and had to yell over the shooting going on "Do that again and I'll be the one killing you!!" it was so funny

2: You don't like cats do you? >.<

ah well

RogueRanger
December 21st, 2010, 10:46 AM
I thought the LA were as much enemies of the Goa'uld as we were..but maybe if they didn't know she was a Goa'uld. Plots within plots Clau...cool:D

Hi......:lol:

Princess Awinita
December 21st, 2010, 10:50 AM
Though I Could still send you her profile, give you the basics of what she looks like and such you know? just for the heckovit so to speak

Aragon101
December 21st, 2010, 11:14 AM
Furlings do not equal the Kilrathi.

The joy of the Furlings is having them be completely unknown. That's what it was in Canon, and that's what i think it should remain because seriously, the story is about Earth and the LA, not the discovery of the Furlings.

in Fait, the LA have Goa'uld working with them. It's not going to devolve into a Goa'uld trying to take power from the LA since thats the whole point, an organized resistance against Earth's sudden technological leap. Goa'uld and LA working together is a credible threat against Earth.

Colonel O'Neill, can you get PMs yet? I wanted to send you a bit of a bio of the character i had in mind for you which i think you'd enjoy :P

RogueRanger
December 21st, 2010, 11:33 AM
1: Reminds me a LOT of Teyilia, she did the same once, it was hilarious too. Basically a friend of hers had gotten shot, and she pulled her friend aside and had to yell over the shooting going on "Do that again and I'll be the one killing you!!" it was so funny

2: You don't like cats do you? >.<

ah well
See there you have a post for Li;)

I love kitty's but I prefer them on my lap:lol:

Though I Could still send you her profile, give you the basics of what she looks like and such you know? just for the heckovit so to speak

We might next year start a brand new RPG that will be based largely on humour and massive crossovers, but it will not be a part of NS, so keep her in mind for then:D

Furlings do not equal the Kilrathi.

The joy of the Furlings is having them be completely unknown. That's what it was in Canon, and that's what i think it should remain because seriously, the story is about Earth and the LA, not the discovery of the Furlings.

in Fait, the LA have Goa'uld working with them. It's not going to devolve into a Goa'uld trying to take power from the LA since thats the whole point, an organized resistance against Earth's sudden technological leap. Goa'uld and LA working together is a credible threat against Earth.

Colonel O'Neill, can you get PMs yet? I wanted to send you a bit of a bio of the character i had in mind for you which i think you'd enjoy :P

I would have to see it first Sam. And speaking of Colonel O'Neill, you have not answered a single VM from me:mckay:

Princess Awinita
December 21st, 2010, 11:41 AM
Welll..... you never know, in my Felinus Pax story, it pretty much explains them, at least, how I view them as myself would see them youk now? bipedal felines, fur like a wookiee, only sliksmooth and soft (and warm!), tails, the works!

Mel; next year? you mean like in sdummer of 2011, or just after New Years?

puddlejumperOZ
December 21st, 2010, 12:28 PM
*facepalm* Feline humoids.....:lol:

Princess you have posts waiting for your Daedalus and LA Earth threads. See JJ and Dong:jack:

SciFiSGFan
December 21st, 2010, 12:36 PM

Just think - we'd all have 9 lives, get to eat fish and drink milk! :eek:

TheLadyMore
December 21st, 2010, 12:38 PM

*Sings*

Dont feel bad for Sucidal Cats they only kill themselves 9 times just to get it right!!!!

*sorry had to*

SciFiSGFan
December 21st, 2010, 12:55 PM
*Sings*

Dont feel bad for Sucidal Cats they only kill themselves 9 times just to get it right!!!!

*sorry had to*

:eek: :eek: Hmmmm, me thinks a Gibbs-slap upside the head is called for, LM!! :P

TheLadyMore
December 21st, 2010, 01:14 PM
:eek: :eek: Hmmmm, me thinks a Gibbs-slap upside the head is called for, LM!! :P

AHHH *feels like Thomas Cromwell Everytime Henry VIII Gibbs-slaps him (GAHH TUDORS REFERENCE)*

RogueRanger
December 21st, 2010, 01:31 PM
Welll..... you never know, in my Felinus Pax story, it pretty much explains them, at least, how I view them as myself would see them youk now? bipedal felines, fur like a wookiee, only sliksmooth and soft (and warm!), tails, the works!

Mel; next year? you mean like in sdummer of 2011, or just after New Years?

I'll think it over my holidays and come up with something when I come back in January. :)

*Sings*

*sorry had to*

AHHH *feels like Thomas Cromwell Everytime Henry VIII Gibbs-slaps him (GAHH TUDORS REFERENCE)*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^

Princess Awinita
December 21st, 2010, 01:37 PM

Princess you have posts waiting for your Daedalus and LA Earth threads. See JJ and Dong:jack:

Yes feline! Nin e lives, heck that too, and we'd really hate rats..... espeically if they come to my den with a gun.....

Replied to JJ, stuck on Dong.... and i just KNOW that can is going to be read wrong!!

SciFiSGFan
December 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM
Yes feline! Nin e lives, heck that too, and we'd really hate rats..... espeically if they come to my den with a gun.....

Nah, just fresh food! Like mice, birds, rabbits.........

puddlejumperOZ
December 21st, 2010, 01:57 PM

Replied to JJ, stuck on Dong.... and i just KNOW that can is going to be read wrong!!

The Dong post is probably the easiest one, I refer to Mel's answer earlier;)

Nah, just fresh food! Like mice, birds, rabbits.........

Isn't there such a thing as a VeggoCat:jack_new15:

SciFiSGFan
December 21st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Isn't there such a thing as a VeggoCat:jack_new15:

There is such a thing as kittygrass and one of mine does nibble on the grass when she's allowed out. Hmmmm, you're looking for the CatNip, arent you!? :eek: :eek: We did have a cat that liked the chicken feed (grain!)

TheLadyMore
December 21st, 2010, 02:04 PM
You like Gibbs-slapping RR :lol:

Aragon101
December 21st, 2010, 02:54 PM
PM sent Mel. I think you'll like it. ;)

As far as zombies in SGA. i can make it work and not seem 'weird. SGA has so many threads to pull in so many different directions...

Well okay, not REALLY zombies, but something appreciably close ;) Believe me, written in a serious way with some explanations it'll work!

mad_gater
December 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
*Sings*

*sorry had to*

:lol:

SciFiSGFan
December 21st, 2010, 03:15 PM

Pretty much the entire OZ family warrents a Gibbs-slap on occasion! :D :D

RogueRanger
December 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM
There is such a thing as kittygrass and one of mine does nibble on the grass when she's allowed out. Hmmmm, you're looking for the CatNip, arent you!? :eek: :eek: We did have a cat that liked the chicken feed (grain!)

Nikki eats oatmeal so long as there is fruit in it:eek:

:lol: I had to google the meaning. Then I saw a utube...it had Michael Shanks in it....so cool, I hardly recognised him:D

As far as zombies in SGA. i can make it work and not seem 'weird. SGA has so many threads to pull in so many different directions...

Well okay, not REALLY zombies, but something appreciably close ;) Believe me, written in a serious way with some explanations it'll work!

Zombies:eek: Um....I don't know.............

Pretty much the entire OZ family warrents a Gibbs-slap on occasion! :D :D

:weiranime42:

Aragon101
December 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM
Okay, a little clarification since a few newbies are here.

Mel is the creator/GM of the RPG. Her word is law in the end.

VS is another GM, think of VS like a 2IC. Mel has put trust into VS and i agree.

Myself? I'm just a story spinner. I help develop ideas into actual plots and such. I can also assist with character creation in order to fit the story, instead of the story fitting the characters.

Colonel O'Neill, Mel's given me the go ahead. The character i had in mind for you is ATM the commander of the LA base currently under attack. Maaaaybe he gets wounded and a Goa'uld saves him, but in the end, after the LA base is taken out, he escapes and has a thirst for revenge against the SGC and the commander of "General Hammond" in particular.

You'll build up resources by using your knowledge to help societies which are still rebuilding after the Ori invasion. You'll recruit, you'll raise an army, and you'll utilize what's left of the LA contacts on Earth to wreck havoc. You'll band together the remnants of the LA and become a guerrilla force, while also being politically saavy.

Princess Awinita
December 21st, 2010, 03:54 PM

VS is another GM, think of VS like a 2IC. Mel has put trust into VS and i agree.

Myself? I'm just a story spinner. I help develop ideas into actual plots and such. I can also assist with character creation in order to fit the story, instead of the story fitting the characters.

Colonel O'Neill, Mel's given me the go ahead. The character i had in mind for you is ATM the commander of the LA base currently under attack. Maaaaybe he gets wounded and a Goa'uld saves him, but in the end, after the LA base is taken out, he escapes and has a thirst for revenge against the SGC and the commander of "General Hammond" in particular.

You'll build up resources by using your knowledge to help societies which are still rebuilding after the Ori invasion. You'll recruit, you'll raise an army, and you'll utilize what's left of the LA contacts on Earth to wreck havoc. You'll band together the remnants of the LA and become a guerrilla force, while also being politically saavy.
You have NO IDEA how much this reminds me of Lake, in one of my stories, she's after Carter to giveher a 'thank you gunshot wound' for the kneeshooting she had suffered

Anyhow, he sounds liek a cool fellow

Colonel_ONeill
December 21st, 2010, 04:01 PM
Yow, that sounds like quite something to handle. I'll try, but once college starts in late January, I may have to hand my Goa'uld character over. Anyways, give me a starting place and I'll intro him too.

Still nothing on Colonel Reynolds....

Good thing is, I'm at least passing the introduction hurdle thing with Stone. I hate introducing my characters lol.

SciFiSGFan
December 21st, 2010, 04:10 PM
Nikki eats oatmeal so long as there is fruit in it:eek:

:lol: I had to google the meaning. Then I saw a utube...it had Michael Shanks in it....so cool, I hardly recognised him:D

We had a cat who liked squash - then again, that may have been the one who like grain. I've also had ones that like spagetti sauce!

Wait - you found an NCIS ep with Michael Shanks?! :eek: I've seen Torri Higginsen in an ep...

Aragon101
December 21st, 2010, 04:15 PM
You have NO IDEA how much this reminds me of Lake, in one of my stories, she's after Carter to giveher a 'thank you gunshot wound' for the kneeshooting she had suffered

Anyhow, he sounds liek a cool fellow

I guess it's too bad Lake is too overpowered for this RPG.

In any case, Getero is a character from Fait Accompli who was already introduced in teh first episode. He's not a Goa'uld but I'm toning him 'up' for the RPG and because O'Neill wanted a Goa'uld, and it's not so far fetched. The basic story is the same. He's got no superpowers, just a relatively intelligent guy which is something we haven't seen too often in SG in a villain.

Princess Awinita
December 21st, 2010, 04:19 PM
I guess it's too bad Lake is too overpowered for this RPG.
I hate repeating myself, I tested Lake on the mary Sue test, and got 17 points, I tested Sheppard on the same test, and got 59, so...... yeah, enough said. Also, everyone seems to miss the fact that I always say that I had been tempted to send Mel Lakes profile, in fact I might just send a link to it to show who Lake actually is to Mel anyhow, just like I will do so with Teyilia's profile as well.

The point is, Lake is not overpowered. Some people might find her to be overpowered, but that was not what I intended her to be when I created her for a novel.

I never did plan on actually having her in this game anyhow, though I have been tempted to, but she wasn't made for here anyhow. I'm just saying of how paralell it is for a guy to want Carter when I already got someone going after Carter anyhow, great minds think alike it seems

Aragon101
December 21st, 2010, 04:27 PM

I hate repeating myself, I tested Lake on the mary Sue test, and got 17 points, I tested Sheppard on the same test, and got 59, so...... yeah, enough said. Also, everyone seems to miss the fact that I always say that I had been tempted to send Mel Lakes profile, in fact I might just send a link to it to show who Lake actually is to Mel anyhow, just like I will do so with Teyilia's profile as well.

The point is, Lake is not overpowered. Some people might find her to be overpowered, but that was not what I intended her to be when I created her for a novel.

I never did plan on actually having her in this game anyhow, though I have been tempted to, but she wasn't made for here anyhow. I'm just saying of how paralell it is for a guy to want Carter when I already got someone going after Carter anyhow, great minds think alike it seems

You admit yourself Lake is overpowered, then say she's not? I'm just trying to make sense of what you're saying.

Princess Awinita
December 21st, 2010, 04:47 PM
You admit yourself Lake is overpowered, then say she's not? I'm just trying to make sense of what you're saying.
Lake was a created super soldier that is correct, BUT, she has flaws, which makes her not so perfect as she was thought to be, for one she rebelled and fled, So she's not perfect, I'll do the test again if you want me to.

But like I say, she wasn't made to be in this game anyway. So why are we talking about her? I can give you the link to the game she is in. So far she's done pretty well considering most of the characters in the same game have so many bombs they'd make Skynet turn tail and flee.

I even said she wouldn't fit in here anyhow. Again, never designed for her to be here in this game.

I was just commented on the fact that you mentioned having a LA want Carter since she's commander of the Hammond at this point, I mentioned that in one of my own fanfiction stories that Carter is also the target of Lake, which started this whole debate.

So I can understand where your confusion is comning from. I was just saying that I have the same thing going on with Lake. that's all, and she's not in this game. So that is a good thing

Aragon101
December 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM
Lake was a created super soldier that is correct, BUT, she has flaws, which makes her not so perfect as she was thought to be, for one she rebelled and fled, So she's not perfect, I'll do the test again if you want me to.

But like I say, she wasn't made to be in this game anyway. So why are we talking about her? I can give you the link to the game she is in. So far she's done pretty well considering most of the characters in the same game have so many bombs they'd make Skynet turn tail and flee.

I even said she wouldn't fit in here anyhow. Again, never designed for her to be here in this game.

I was just commented on the fact that you mentioned having a LA want Carter since she's commander of the Hammond at this point, I mentioned that in one of my own fanfiction stories that Carter is also the target of Lake, which started this whole debate.

So I can understand where your confusion is comning from. I was just saying that I have the same thing going on with Lake. that's all, and she's not in this game. So that is a good thing

Taken to VM :)

And just as a teaser, the zombies in SGA is something i actually really wanna do now. Will work it out with Mel and see what she thinks because i have worked it into the already existing plot, and it MAKES SENSE !:D

Princess Awinita
December 21st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Taken to VM :)

And just as a teaser, the zombies in SGA is something i actually really wanna do now. Will work it out with Mel and see what she thinks because i have worked it into the already existing plot, and it MAKES SENSE !:D
Like Aragon says; taken to VMs,.....

Zombies ? :S

RogueRanger
December 21st, 2010, 05:46 PM

Thnx Sam, we needed that:) Oki for the newbies, my name is Melanie or Mel oki, maybe there was confusion there:eek: *i don't know how* :P

Yow, that sounds like quite something to handle. I'll try, but once college starts in late January, I may have to hand my Goa'uld character over. Anyways, give me a starting place and I'll intro him too.

Still nothing on Colonel Reynolds....

Good thing is, I'm at least passing the introduction hurdle thing with Stone. I hate introducing my characters lol.

I've been chasing my tail off trying to get everything squared away for this last day. You can post Reynolds on my last Sam Carter post that I will do now. Have him come up to her and say he's ok, he fell asleep or something and he heard that he had been reported injured when it was actually someone else. And O'neill it would help heaps if you answer you VM's;)

We had a cat who liked squash - then again, that may have been the one who like grain. I've also had ones that like spagetti sauce!

Wait - you found an NCIS ep with Michael Shanks?! :eek: I've seen Torri Higginsen in an ep...
Yep MS was there, I just googled "Gibbs-slap" and it showed Utube eps:D

Colonel_ONeill
December 21st, 2010, 06:18 PM
Sorry, my friend Mr. Probie status doesn't allow me to do that yet. :( Answer VM's that is.

I'll get right to posting Reynolds.

WAIT! It's gone! NO MORE PROBIE STATUS!

RogueRanger
December 21st, 2010, 06:50 PM
Sorry, my friend Mr. Probie status doesn't allow me to do that yet. :( Answer VM's that is.

I'll get right to posting Reynolds.

WAIT! It's gone! NO MORE PROBIE STATUS!

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/My%20Sigs%20and%20stuff/Sam_Carter_Soldier_.jpg

Nobody defies her^^ she's a Goddess on GW..I pulled the right strings:lol:

Alteran of Atlantis
December 21st, 2010, 07:11 PM

Most zombies, especially in the video games I play, have something more like rabies anyway, or some sort of disease, and truthfully I like that better than the whole come back to life thing. :lol: It's be interesting to see what you can come up with. :) I was only joking when I brought it up, because I have a bit of a zombie obsession (BRAINS!), but now it sounds interesting. :D

mad_gater
December 21st, 2010, 07:22 PM
Most zombies, especially in the video games I play, have something more like rabies anyway, or some sort of disease, and truthfully I like that better than the whole come back to life thing. :lol: It's be interesting to see what you can come up with. :) I was only joking when I brought it up, because I have a bit of a zombie obsession (BRAINS!), but now it sounds interesting. :D

which doesn't sound too different from a Stephen King obsession.....:P:D

Alteran of Atlantis
December 21st, 2010, 07:59 PM
which doesn't sound too different from a Stephen King obsession.....:P:D

Never actually red Stephen King :p Heard it's good, though :D

RogueRanger
December 21st, 2010, 09:07 PM
To all of my good friends>>>>>>>>

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

From this post, New Seasons will be asleep until the 4th of January, you may finish up any outstanding posts but nothing new. But good news, for those of you who still want some RP fun, I've created this for you.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?78870-Christmas-at-General-Landry-s-Cabin-New-Seasons-Spin-off&p=12185948#post12185948

Be safe and kind to one another and I'll see you all soon:D

Hugz

Melanie: NS GM :sam43:

Vagabond Serpent
December 22nd, 2010, 09:10 AM
Found this on my mail, doing as requested:

"hi can you please tell folks at GW that im in hospital its an aneurysm in brain not sure when ill get home possibly next week or so am doing better day byday thank you Ryn"

That is it. :)

squirrely1
December 22nd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Found this on my mail, doing as requested:

"hi can you please tell folks at GW that im in hospital its an aneurysm in brain not sure when ill get home possibly next week or so am doing better day byday thank you Ryn"

That is it. :)

:eek: :eek: :eek: RYN!!!! :( :( My prayers go out to her and all her family....how horrible!! *lip quiver* :(

Just FYI... I had to post one more time as my clean up/catch up before the break....hope that is ok?

Hope everyone has a restful break and see ya next year ;) Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :)

mad_gater
December 22nd, 2010, 10:23 AM
Never actually red Stephen King :p Heard it's good, though :D

good read if you like stories designed to give you nightmares....:S:S

Stephen King's "IT" is probably the source of a great many people's fear of clowns.....:P:D

mad_gater
December 22nd, 2010, 10:24 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: RYN!!!! :( :( My prayers go out to her and all her family....how horrible!! *lip quiver* :(

Just FYI... I had to post one more time as my clean up/catch up before the break....hope that is ok?

Hope everyone has a restful break and see ya next year ;) Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :)

indeed....nasty things aneurysms....:S:S

Colonel_ONeill
December 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
I'm very glad this came along today, as I am quite sick. After I get better I'll find my brain, wherever I left it, and tie up my loose ends.

Aragon101
December 22nd, 2010, 02:37 PM
I'm very glad this came along today, as I am quite sick. After I get better I'll find my brain, wherever I left it, and tie up my loose ends.

You haven't mentioned whether you like the character i had in mind for you or not. It's alright if you don't, communication is key to an RPG methinks :P

TheLadyMore
December 23rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Alright so my friend and I had completely lost our minds this time and we started an rp board that wil crossover Startgate Atlantis (Other SG franchises are allowed) and the Tudors (you don't need to need to know history or the show to join) so I thought I would invite you guys first. So if anyone is interested the link is here:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Colliding_Worlds/index.php?act=idx

And yes we are doing this idea

Ryn
December 24th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Back home now, don't know about RP just yet, I need to rest a lot now.

Thanks for the messages guys *big hugz*

happy holidays! :D

mad_gater
December 24th, 2010, 09:32 AM

*passes a mugful of steaming glögg to Ryn*....that'll help you sleep....:P:D

SciFiSGFan
December 24th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Glad you're home, Ryn. Take it easy and feel better soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Trillian52
December 24th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Great to see you back Ryn. Rest up and take it easy!

Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone! :D:D

mad_gater
December 24th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Great to see you back Ryn. Rest up and take it easy!

Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone! :D:D

from me too....:):)

Ryn
December 25th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks guys. *big hugz to all of you*
I don't know about RPing now, I can't focus long on things and I need to rest a lot. :)

have a great holiday season everyone! :D

squirrely1
December 25th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Glad you are back Ryn and getting on the mend. :)

Hope everyone has a .....
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p285/sqirrely1/gifs/Christmas/christmas_glitter_graphics_06.gif

and Happy New Year....

See ya all back here in the sandbox soon! :)

Aragon101
December 25th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Merry Christmas peeps.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/New-Seasons.gif

TheLadyMore
December 25th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I am glad you are feeling better Ryn.

Again I am going to ask about this because you guys are rpers, my friend and I started an SGA/Tudors board and it's really slow. We need the main team and other SGA cannons sans Sheppard I obsiviously ply him If you are interested in joining the board is here:

It would mean alot. Oh, you dont need a knowledge on history to join!

Ryn
December 26th, 2010, 03:28 AM
watch and giggle :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

:D :D

squirrely1
December 26th, 2010, 09:46 PM
watch and giggle :

OMG Ryn..that was hilarious!! Thanks for sharing!! *giggles*

Ryn
December 27th, 2010, 08:29 AM
You're welcome! :D

*tries to find a way in the swamp of posts that happened while I was away....* :S not easy if you're not around every day!

*gives up.... hopes for a summary by someone!* :D

mad_gater
December 27th, 2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndeZ2rJk1Lw - dangerous toys part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBhyskisVNM - dangerous toys part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey_IL57a-b0 - shepherd boy's been in the field a little too long....:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LviUYvWAYtA - tim hawkins on technology (a video Christmas card)

Ryn
December 28th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Posted in the spin-off, not sure who is playing Landry so left that open. :o They're friends, and yeah, Connor is the same character of the other threads (Hammond CAG), so he has full disclosure and all that. I hope to play him again in the new year when things return to normal around here. :)

mad_gater
December 28th, 2010, 09:21 AM
yup...more than welcome in the thread even though there's a continuity issue with you character essentially being in 2 places at once....:lol::P:D

Ryn
December 28th, 2010, 09:33 AM
well I figure this is kinda an AU anyway :P :D

mad_gater
December 28th, 2010, 09:47 AM
well I figure this is kinda an AU anyway :P :D

:lol: - I'm a fan of continuity though so my Fr. Sheen character is staying put on the Daedalus....but Fr. Sheen's brother is joining in though....:P:D

Ryn
December 28th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Oh dear, making it complicated are you? :lol:

I'll post... but then I'll wait for the aliens to notice Connor and stuff ;)

mad_gater
December 28th, 2010, 11:29 AM
not complicated at all.....I did mention that in the NPC bio for my character that Fr. Sheen has a brother named James...:P:D

Princess Awinita
December 28th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Ryn; Mel left the part of Hank open to anyone who wanted it at the time in that thread, so I took it on, sadly when you posted I was offline packing for New Years.

Vagabond Serpent
January 1st, 2011, 07:15 AM
Happy New Year people! :D

Isolde
January 1st, 2011, 07:33 AM
“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far...”

A Happy New Year to you all, with love, and blessings for all 2011 can hold. :D :D

Ryn
January 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM
*seconds all the above!* Happy New Year! :D

Ryn
January 2nd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Just a small notice - I'll quit playing in the spin-off, it's getting a little too weird for me to handle. :o Nothing personal meant with anyone playing in it, I'm still healing too.

mad_gater
January 3rd, 2011, 06:40 AM
Just a small notice - I'll quit playing in the spin-off, it's getting a little too weird for me to handle. :o Nothing personal meant with anyone playing in it, I'm still healing too.

I hear ya.....anyone who would invite a Wraith to a party is outta their cotton-pickin' mind....:P:D

Alteran of Atlantis
January 3rd, 2011, 08:17 AM

Aaaaaaaaand that's why I stayed out of that thread :p

Ryn
January 3rd, 2011, 08:21 AM
It wasn't Todd the Wraith that threw me off, just the whole story, I couldn't get my head round it. :S

Alteran of Atlantis
January 3rd, 2011, 08:34 AM
It wasn't Todd the Wraith that threw me off, just the whole story, I couldn't get my head round it. :S

Me neither...people were just bringing in random non-Stargate characters, not that there's anything wrong with that, they can do that if they want, but it kinda bugged me... :S

Ryn
January 3rd, 2011, 08:49 AM
I hear you there...

And I fell while I was walking around in town doing some stores (twisted a foot and lost my balance), I don't think I broke anything, but it scared me good, I'm just out of the hospital, and then this happens. I'm not hurt badly, it's just bruises I think... :S but mentally I just can't deal with this right now. I need a hug. Bad. :(

mad_gater
January 3rd, 2011, 09:01 AM
I hear you there...

And I fell while I was walking around in town doing some stores (twisted a foot and lost my balance), I don't think I broke anything, but it scared me good, I'm just out of the hospital, and then this happens. I'm not hurt badly, it's just bruises I think... :S but mentally I just can't deal with this right now. I need a hug. Bad. :(

yikes! yeah I know how that feels....I've dislocated my left knee 4 times so far since high school.....so you cna imagine how I pick my way along very carefully when it's icy out.....:S:S

TheLadyMore
January 3rd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Heyy guys long time no talk I am in the middle of starting an SG rp with my friend. Happy New Year and I hope all is well!

Trillian52
January 3rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
I hear ya.....anyone who would invite a Wraith to a party is outta their cotton-pickin' mind....:P:D

:lol: I think deep down, Todd might actually be a bit of a party animal! :D:D

TheLadyMore
January 3rd, 2011, 12:20 PM

Maybe he and Sheppard could take some shots and talk about how they make a badass duo! :lol:

Princess Awinita
January 3rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
Ya never know!

BTW: How tall is the average Wraith (Todd or Steve for example) ?

I'm assuming six to seven feet in hight

TheLadyMore
January 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Ya never know!

BTW: How tall is the average Wraith (Todd or Steve for example) ?

I'm assuming six to seven feet in hight

6'5?

RogueRanger
January 3rd, 2011, 03:30 PM

Sooooooo glad you're back Ryn and recovering, we all missed you so much *hugz*

I am glad you are feeling better Ryn.

Again I am going to ask about this because you guys are rpers, my friend and I started an SGA/Tudors board and it's really slow. We need the main team and other SGA cannons sans Sheppard I obsiviously ply him If you are interested in joining the board is here:

It would mean alot. Oh, you dont need a knowledge on history to join!

I had a look LM, it astounded me, I might check in sometime soon, I need to get all of NS cleared up firstly though:D:D

watch and giggle :

Soooooooo funny LMAO:D

You're welcome! :D

*tries to find a way in the swamp of posts that happened while I was away....* :S not easy if you're not around every day!

*gives up.... hopes for a summary by someone!* :D

I'm as much out of the loop as well, it's going to take me a while to find everything, I should be able to have an update by tomorrow though:)

“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far...”

A Happy New Year to you all, with love, and blessings for all 2011 can hold. :D :D

Thank you Isy that was beautiful, :D:D

RogueRanger
January 3rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
Ryn, the new RP has no story, it was for total random sillyness and I hope we can get some more peeps there especially newbies. It'll be a good training ground for them. :D::D

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE AND I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED OUR LITTLE BREAK.............BIG HUGZ TO ALL.

NOW FOR THE NEWS.

NEW SEASONS IS OFFICIALLY BACK FROM HOLIDAYS EVERYONE SO POSTING IS NOW ON

pookey
January 3rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
I hear ya.....anyone who would invite a Wraith to a party is outta their cotton-pickin' mind....:P:DThanks :lol:

Princess Awinita
January 3rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
but poor Todd is between Teyilia (who reeks of alcohol!!) and James, and Tey's driving.... mostly on the road....

EDI: I hope Todd does not suffer from car sickness, when this (current driving scene) is over.....

pookey
January 3rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
:lol: I think deep down, Todd might actually be a bit of a party animal! :D:Di believe he is;) we shall find out when they come back:D

Princess Awinita
January 3rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
i believe he is;) we shall find out when they come back:D
After meeting OPL.... lets hope so!!

RogueRanger
January 3rd, 2011, 03:50 PM
I'm still trying to catch up with everything. I did notice though a couple of posts in NS after the SHUT DOWN

Not pointing any fingers though:P

TheLadyMore
January 3rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
I had a look LM, it astounded me, I might check in sometime soon, I need to get all of NS cleared up firstly though:D:D

Alrighty dear! Otherwise I hope your holiday was good!

RogueRanger
January 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Oh boy, so busy here today. I'm glad I only go on holidays once a year:lol:

It was great LM, lot's of relaxing and swimming and eating:eek:

mad_gater
January 3rd, 2011, 07:25 PM

welcome back...:):)

mad_gater
January 3rd, 2011, 07:27 PM
I'm still trying to catch up with everything. I did notice though a couple of posts in NS after the SHUT DOWN

Not pointing any fingers though:P

I think that's mine and the princess's fault...we were trying to wrap up the "Fr. Sheen and Lt. Dent meet" story arc and it took a little longer than anticipated....:P:D

Princess Awinita
January 3rd, 2011, 07:29 PM
I think that's mine and the princess's fault...we were trying to wrap up the "Fr. Sheen and Lt. Dent meet" story arc and it took a little longer than anticipated....:P:D
Indeed, besides, it was in the workout gym!!

And it was only us two at the time.......

*heads for her bombshelter....*

TheLadyMore
January 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM

I envy you we have no weather for swimming here in New York Fluffing Snow

RogueRanger
January 3rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
welcome back...:):)

Thnx MG it's great to be back, though I wish I was still on holidays:D:D

Indeed, besides, it was in the workout gym!!

And it was only us two at the time.......

*heads for her bombshelter....*

Oh oki then, I still haven't got to that thread yet anyway:lol:

Ryn and Col O'Neill this is where you can post now

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?77889-Stargate-New-Seasons-SG1-Resurgence-Season-11-SG1-and-SG3-LA-mission-one/page5

Col O'Neill, you only have to post first in the Hammond thread as being beamed out and then pick up in that thread^^

Ryn for your Atlantis stuff, it hasn't moved a lot so you can just post Teyla with Shep. We need to have Shep get the Puddlejumper fired up once Janus arrives and take that group which should also include Radek (Pookey). Get the roof doors open, and then ask Colonel Hasluck if he needs support:D:D

I envy you we have no weather for swimming here in New York Fluffing Snow

LM I'd send you some sunshine but it's raining again:eek:

Ryn
January 3rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
I'll need time hun.... this ole brain has suffered a real doozy you know.... ;)
I still have concentration problems from it. I can't focus on the same thing for long. Reading online is something I need to re-learn first. Slowly getting the hang of it again. :o

But, once you give me more pointers for Connor, I'll be glad to jump in again. :) Until then, feel free to NPC him or Ronon or Teyla. Sorry. :o

squirrely1
January 4th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Glad we all back online...but now I'm swamped too :eek: YIKES... I'll try and get caught up today and eek out a post ...but not promising... I hope to be back in full swing tomorrow *sigh* Ok so who's idea was it again to take this break? I think sometimes when you cross something off your list for a time...it comes back to bite you in the arse when you have to play catch up :S

But welcome back everyone :D

Ryn
January 4th, 2011, 05:30 AM
I know what you mean hun *big hugz* and you know something, I was hugely entertained by the Hammond thread, well done everyone there, you especially SQ *bigger hugz* :D :D

*runs off to find the escort mission thread* bit of a needle in a haystack thingy :S

squirrely1
January 4th, 2011, 05:33 AM
I know what you mean hun *big hugz* and you know something, I was hugely entertained by the Hammond thread, well done everyone there, you especially SQ *bigger hugz* :D :D

*runs off to find the escort mission thread* bit of a needle in a haystack thingy :S

Thanks Ryn....*BIG HUGS BACK....ESPECIALLY FOR YOUR FALL* :eek: I meant to do that...... that has to be scary and frustrating for you.... *puts protective barrier around RYN* THERE!! You're safe now!! ;) :D

Ryn
January 4th, 2011, 05:52 AM
YAY! my own personal barrier! Thank you! *mega huggles* :D

I'm so happy to be back, you can't believe it!

My foot (the one I twisted :S) is ok now, I can walk on it just fine and it barely hurts, so YAY, your barrier already worked ;) ;) :D

and I found the mission thread *glues her screen on it* :D

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I hope you get back soon my dear....Sheppard needs his Chewie!

Ryn
January 4th, 2011, 10:54 AM
:lol: he does, doesn't he? I'll see what I can do! :D

RogueRanger
January 4th, 2011, 11:07 AM
So glad to be back everyone and Ryn, heads up, Connor only needs to go to the SG1 SG3 LA mission thread:)

Now where to post next :weiranime42:

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 12:51 PM
*is a sitting duck*

RogueRanger
January 4th, 2011, 02:28 PM
somebody say Duck????? :weiranime42:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4oemyLau_0

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM
How about a goose?

http://www.amazingdata.com/Image/amazing_fun_ecology_2844378420104237032S500x500Q85_200907231359411033.jpg

Princess Awinita
January 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I am so dang tempted to bring in Friar Duck into the fun in the spin off thread!

RogueRanger
January 4th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Ummm Sis I don't think Friar Duck is exactly Stargatey:P But whatever....a lot of peeps missing methinks:weiranime42:

Princess Awinita
January 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Ummm Sis I don't think Friar Duck is exactly Stargatey:P But whatever....a lot of peeps missing methinks:weiranime42:
I know that! Daffy = My favorite cartoon character

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM
My Favorite Cartoon character is Stewie Griffin:

http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/astewie__oPt.jpg

RogueRanger
January 4th, 2011, 05:48 PM
mine was um....well I never really watched cartoons much:lol: I loved the Power Rangers though:D

Thread business.....am I missing any posts at all?

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 06:23 PM
mine was um....well I never really watched cartoons much:lol: I loved the Power Rangers though:D

Thread business.....am I missing any posts at all?

Is That way you name Rouge Ranger?

RogueRanger
January 4th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Sort of, I play a Power Ranger RP at Uni, so yeah:lol:

Aragon101
January 4th, 2011, 06:38 PM

Why is it that the cute girls into geeky things always live half a world away? :P

Princess Awinita
January 4th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I once played in a PR RP, my ranger wasn't part of a team, and was, in a word, different, by a lot, for one thing she made her own transformer thingy, it was a few years back, for another thing she was part dragon, so by time the events of the game took place, she was already 250 years of age. Her color was bronze, her suit was similar in appearance to a Kull Warrior suit of armor, pretty much appeared from nowhere, and faded just as fast too.

The game lasted almost five years before the main story arc finished, it was fun.

Now why do I want to go bowfishing??

RogueRanger
January 4th, 2011, 06:42 PM
cos we're safer that way:weiranime42:

BTW Sammy Happy New Year:D

And......oh yeah can you give us a little detail on how we get Shep and Larrin to hook up???;)

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 06:45 PM
cos we're safer that way:weiranime42:

BTW Sammy Happy New Year:D

And......oh yeah can you give us a little detail on how we get Shep and Larrin to hook up???;)

Wait a second Sheppard gets to hook up with Larrin here! Oh I was hoping somehow Weir comes back and we got some SPARKY!

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 06:46 PM

:lol: And I play Sir Thomas More on a hell of a load of Tudors RPs

Aragon101
January 4th, 2011, 06:48 PM
cos we're safer that way:weiranime42: :p Safe is overrated :p

BTW Sammy Happy New Year:D It was :D :D :D

Depends what MSRP rating you want. :P Needless to say though, rope will be involved.

Actually, what's your policy on shipping? I mean. i know McKeller is technically 'canon" but i'm no fan of it. Canon is canon though and we're trying to keep this canonish... right?

Aragon101
January 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Wait a second Sheppard gets to hook up with Larrin here! Oh I was hoping somehow Weir comes back and we got some SPARKY!

I think Mel took me too seriously when i described Larrin and Shep going on a mission together. Evidently Mel must think they make a cute couple if she thought that ;)

Weir though? Hmm... I'm not a big Sparky fan (i honestly never saw it) but i guess Mel will have the last word.

I'd personally stay away from overt shipping just to keep things pretty 'general'.

RogueRanger
January 4th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I would like to, though some posters are getting way ahead of themselves and swinging the stick to far out of bounds, but yes please:lol:

*no names here* :weiranime42:

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I hope you are not talking about me and my constant shep whumping?

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I think Mel took me too seriously when i described Larrin and Shep going on a mission together. Evidently Mel must think they make a cute couple if she thought that ;)

Weir though? Hmm... I'm not a big Sparky fan (i honestly never saw it) but i guess Mel will have the last word.

I'd personally stay away from overt shipping just to keep things pretty 'general'.

Let me guess, Larrin will kidnap Shep AGAIN to go on this mission.

I have saw Sparky from the beginning, especialy it seems to develop when Kolya is around (he's evil I love him). They would have made a great couple if SGA didn't take her out *shakes fist*

mad_gater
January 4th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I always liked the idea of Shep/Weir myself....it's too bad they had to kill her off in the series....such killers TPTB are....:rolleyes::P:D

mad_gater
January 4th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I know that! Daffy = My favorite cartoon character

my favorite cartoon was actually a British cartoon called Danger Mouse....it was about this mouse in Britain who's a secret agent and his sidekick, a hamster named Penfold....pretty funny if you can get the British humor

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I always liked the idea of Shep/Weir myself....it's too bad they had to kill her off in the series....such killers TPTB are....:rolleyes::P:D

Yeah first Carson....then Weir! It is not fair! If I some reason get the rights to season six (though its entirely impossible) Elizabeth Weir is the first one to rise from the dead :lol:

Aragon101
January 4th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Let me guess, Larrin will kidnap Shep AGAIN to go on this mission.

I have saw Sparky from the beginning, especialy it seems to develop when Kolya is around (he's evil I love him). They would have made a great couple if SGA didn't take her out *shakes fist*

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Trusted friends? Sure. Attraction? Maybe some, but neither ever showed concern beyond 'comradship' from what i saw. Shep would have been just as angry at Kolya if it'd been anyone else IMO because it's a rivalry between the two of them regardless of Weir. in S5 when Kolya returns in that dream, we get no mention of Weir.

Then again, the romance in SG1 and SGA have IMO been less than spectacular. That's what fanfic is for IMO as far as SG is involved.

For my own preferences though, just look at my avatar and chuckle :P

I'd actually like to get everyone's input on this so i can work with Mel to come up with a happy medium. I don't think shipping is a good idea for an RP like this (at least this early in the story) so i'd give it awhile before setting anything as 'canon'.

RogueRanger
January 4th, 2011, 07:40 PM
My thoughts on Shep and Larrin were as per their meetings in SGA. I also have feelings about Elizabeth as well and how McKay could somehow bring FRAN back and she tells him how the "good" Asurans created the replicator clones of Shep, Elizabeth etc. As far as outright romance, I've been playing RP's for 6 years now, and somehow when it gets too involved it tends to sidetrack the game itself,,that's my feeling anyway:)

Aragon101
January 4th, 2011, 07:49 PM
So can we agree? No shipping beyond the "canon" ships? (i.E. McKeller, Ronon/Amelia, Teyla/Kanaan)

I guess OCs can have their own ships, but yes, i'd keep it on the downlow (I'm frowning in an amusing manner at YOU Mel.)

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 07:52 PM
My thoughts on Shep and Larrin were as per their meetings in SGA. I also have feelings about Elizabeth as well and how McKay could somehow bring FRAN back and she tells him how the "good" Asurans created the replicator clones of Shep, Elizabeth etc. As far as outright romance, I've been playing RP's for 6 years now, and somehow when it gets too involved it tends to sidetrack the game itself,,that's my feeling anyway:)

Well I think with Romance it has to be a minor plot with this type of genre. Maybe if there were little parts.....I dunno Im tired.

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 07:54 PM
So can we agree? No shipping beyond the "canon" ships? (i.E. McKeller, Ronon/Amelia, Teyla/Kanaan)

I guess OCs can have their own ships, but yes, i'd keep it on the downlow (I'm frowning in an amusing manner at YOU Mel.)

But then Sheppard has no one....and Joe Flanigan himself wished Sheppard had a GF. *pouts*

Aragon101
January 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Well I think with Romance it has to be a minor plot with this type of genre. Maybe if there were little parts.....I dunno Im tired.

by minor, it's subtle and between the lines. As in not forefront. :P

and about FRAN, well... i do have an idea i've already written out, tell me what you think y'all? ;) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5159187/1/The_Queen_The_Black_Knight_The_Frozen_Princess

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 08:06 PM

and about FRAN, well... i do have an idea i've already written out, tell me what you think y'all? ;) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5159187/1/The_Queen_The_Black_Knight_The_Frozen_Princess

Okay phew I cant bear to see Sheppard alone anymore. Its sad for Sheppie. Or we can go really outrageous and pair Sheppard with Anne Boleyn like in my crossover. Shiz I am really realluy really tired i have to hit the hey soon!

Aragon101
January 4th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Okay phew I cant bear to see Sheppard alone anymore. Its sad for Sheppie. Or we can go really outrageous and pair Sheppard with Anne Boleyn like in my crossover. Shiz I am really realluy really tired i have to hit the hey soon!

Uhh...

??? Anne Boleyn?

Maybe if Shep has some nightmare when Teyla decides she likes the Tudors or something... :confused:

Here's a serious question, does this RPG want an actual ending? Like... a FINALE to the story here? It's perfectly possible (especially with the SG1 story) but is it something you guys want?

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Uhh...

??? Anne Boleyn?

Maybe if Shep has some nightmare when Teyla decides she likes the Tudors or something... :confused:

Don't ask but two things caused this pairing...

NaNoWriMo and Lack of Sleep

RogueRanger
January 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Yep that's about it. As I said a while ago when this was brought up, we didn't have a great deal of deep shipping on the shows apart from a few small bits from Sam and Daniel's lives (not them together, their own stuff) so that is how I see our game. But OC"s, well for example Jack Junior has the hots for one of the twins and there's Connor and Karina:D

we can have little sublties LM yes :D

I did seriously like that Sam, now if only you could have been more willing with Drake:weiranime42: I would like to see him come back if and when you could, even a cameo now and then:D

TheLadyMore
January 4th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Alright guys i off to bed! ttyl!

RogueRanger
January 4th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Uhh...

??? Anne Boleyn?

Here's a serious question, does this RPG want an actual ending? Like... a FINALE to the story here? It's perfectly possible (especially with the SG1 story) but is it something you guys want?

It's doubtful we'd ever get to that point Sam. We've been going for almost six months now and in the game only about two days if that has passed. As long as GW is running we'll have New Seasons:D

Night LM, see you laters:)

Ryn
January 4th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Happy Birthday PJ!!!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wGr8njEWjtI/SdZZguMCGhI/AAAAAAAACW0/oLKvrgpIfLQ/s1600/Kassandra%2BB%2B.%2Blw%2B.%2Bstargate%2B4.jpg

Hope you're having a great day :)

*BIG HUGZ*

squirrely1
January 5th, 2011, 05:04 AM
OMG you guys are sailing along :eek: Soooo many posts from yesterday.

My thoughts on shipping...is yeah keep it on the down low... I think there are just so many strong opinions about ships in general and it really can be a distraction to the main story. I mean personally I'll admit it... I'm a big shipper and I love ships in my stories......BUT.... I think if we do ship.... I think we should just ship with the OC's maybe...and not go crazy with it. Maybe even run the idea past the GM's before going headlong into a romance cuz we do not want to go off the rails on this...and I think sometimes RPer's (not mentioning any names here) can get carried away with their own charries involvements if that makes any sense at all. :S If it doesn't too bad... cuz I'm not sure I even understand what I just said. *sigh* :S

Ok and on that note I'm really going to try and post today.

Alteran of Atlantis
January 5th, 2011, 05:11 AM
I agree with the ships thing, I am a shipper myself and support some ships, but the main focus here is the storylines, not the romance. There can be some subtle shipping, but nothing too much :) It gets too distracting after a while :p

Sorry I haven't been on that much...I know I need to post in the Atlantis thread. RL has been getting to me lately, plus video games are addicting... *cough*MassEffect*cough* :p And I've just been dang tired :S But I will get to it today, after Drama tryouts :D Wish me luck, going for a lead role! :D

Yes! Bring Elizabeth back! :)

Happy Birthday PJ!!!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wGr8njEWjtI/SdZZguMCGhI/AAAAAAAACW0/oLKvrgpIfLQ/s1600/Kassandra%2BB%2B.%2Blw%2B.%2Bstargate%2B4.jpg

Hope you're having a great day :)

*BIG HUGZ*

OMG I WANT THAT CAKE!!! *spaz*

But yes, happy birthday! :D

Ryn
January 5th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Shipping's great IMHO (SGA dealt with it really badly, again IMHO), but yeah, I agree, we should stick to OC's and only subtly hint at it. :o For example the whole Connor and Karina deal. It's going to be a nice ship thing I hope, but I also hope not too intense even if it is that way in my fantasy, I won't post it like that :eek: if you could only see in my mind, it's really scary :eek: :eek: OK so um, yeah, hinting at said ship will be the norm, don't worry, I won't let Connor go astray in the posts! My fantasy is my own and no one else's, yes I'm a sad person that way... :o

mad_gater
January 5th, 2011, 08:08 AM

yes...that means no Sam/Shep too ARAGON! :P:D

because the canon ship for Sam is with Jack O'Neill....unresolved though it may be.....us S/J shippers are still lookin' for that kiss....:P:D

mad_gater
January 5th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I agree with the ships thing, I am a shipper myself and support some ships, but the main focus here is the storylines, not the romance. There can be some subtle shipping, but nothing too much :) It gets too distracting after a while :p

Sorry I haven't been on that much...I know I need to post in the Atlantis thread. RL has been getting to me lately, plus video games are addicting... *cough*MassEffect*cough* :p And I've just been dang tired :S But I will get to it today, after Drama tryouts :D Wish me luck, going for a lead role! :D

Yes! Bring Elizabeth back! :)

OMG I WANT THAT CAKE!!! *spaz*

But yes, happy birthday! :D

from me too....:):)

Aragon101
January 5th, 2011, 08:21 AM
yes...that means no Sam/Shep too ARAGON! :P:D

because the canon ship for Sam is with Jack O'Neill....unresolved though it may be.....us S/J shippers are still lookin' for that kiss....:P:D

Actually, Sam's Canon "ships" are Jonas Hanson, and Pete. She's never been in a relationship with Jack that wasn't an AU or alternate timeline. If the writers had wanted Sam and Jack together, they would have... y'know. done it.

As far as Sam/Shep. I make no suggestion that it's a ship which the show portrayed. I mean... look at my Avatar. They're SHOCKED that i ship them :P

although...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/dark%20frontier/Demotivational/SamShep.jpg

Just a note to everyone though, when i agreed to help with this RP, i made a 'pledge' not to overtly incorporate my own fan bias (which yes. does include anti-s/j) as much as i could. Don't assume just because i have certain views i'm going to push them on people who don't want to hear it.

mad_gater
January 5th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Actually, Sam's Canon "ships" are Jonas Hanson, and Pete. She's never been in a relationship with Jack that wasn't an AU or alternate timeline. If the writers had wanted Sam and Jack together, they would have... y'know. done it.

As far as Sam/Shep. I make no suggestion that it's a ship which the show portrayed. I mean... look at my Avatar. They're SHOCKED that i ship them :P

although...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/dark%20frontier/Demotivational/SamShep.jpg

Just a note to everyone though, when i agreed to help with this RP, i made a 'pledge' not to overtly incorporate my own fan bias (which yes. does include anti-s/j) as much as i could. Don't assume just because i have certain views i'm going to push them on people who don't want to hear it.

TPTB haven't RESOLVED it yet because they're too busy jamming their fingers up their butts. It's plainly obvious they care for each other as more than just fellow soldiers and friends. All they need to do is write in just one kiss....one little kiss for confirmation that they're FINALLY together and we can let the matter drop. Though the resulting "squee-ing" from the female members of the S/J threads (us men don't "squee" after all....we do Hammond's patented Texan "yeeeeehaaaaaw!".....:P:D) might cause GW's servers to go wonky again....:P:D

Aragon101
January 5th, 2011, 08:35 AM
TPTB haven't RESOLVED it yet because they're too busy jamming their fingers up their butts. It's plainly obvious they care for each other as more than just fellow soldiers and friends. All they need to do is write in just one kiss....one little kiss for confirmation that they're FINALLY together and we can let the matter drop. Though the resulting "squee-ing" from the female members of the S/J threads (us men don't "squee" after all....we do Hammond's patented Texan "yeeeeehaaaaaw!".....:P:D) might cause GW's servers to go wonky again....:P:D

Sigh, not getting into it. I can appreciate and even understand why people like Sam/Jack but that doesn't mean i have to agree or like it in any form. Just suffice to say that if Mel decides this RP needs S/J confirmation. I'm out.

Frankly i don't like ANY of the shipping done in the show.

TheLadyMore
January 5th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Morning guys i dont know whether Sheppard should post next!

RogueRanger
January 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I was going to multi-quote everything but I'm really so busy this morning and don't have much time...sorry:o

But to everyone, for the sake of the RP world, ships should be as I said before subtle and quite and mostly between OC's. If there is a canon direction for a main character ship such as a brief dalliance between Shep and Larrin, we'll go with it. But as we're action driven, there really won't be a lot of room for too much shipping in most cases.

Let me give you an example of what happens with Ships in RP world. I played a BSG RP for three years before I joined GW. We had a wonderful game that was so close to the show, it was touted by some of our followers as even better. Then we had Adama and Rolsin. At first it was ok, but then the players got so involved with it, in the end it drove others away and the game eventually shut down. What happened was natural in the real world between two people, but in an RP, to log on and find page after page of just these two posting totally killed the game. So there you have it.

And no, there will never be a Sam/jack ship on this RP, they are close, but more like family than lovers:)

RogueRanger
January 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Morning guys i dont know whether Sheppard should post next!

I'll give Pookey a nudge and she can move Zelenka and Ronon in position. Janus will be with them, but you can reply to Pookey's post if AA hasn't caught up:D:D

pookey
January 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM
ill do that as soon as someone tells me where Shep is in those blinkin tunnels, i appear to have lost him:p
And i totally agree with Mel, shipping will kill the RP if we push it to far, keepit to a very very bare minimum

its ok, i found him:D

mad_gater
January 5th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I was going to multi-quote everything but I'm really so busy this morning and don't have much time...sorry:o

But to everyone, for the sake of the RP world, ships should be as I said before subtle and quite and mostly between OC's. If there is a canon direction for a main character ship such as a brief dalliance between Shep and Larrin, we'll go with it. But as we're action driven, there really won't be a lot of room for too much shipping in most cases.

Let me give you an example of what happens with Ships in RP world. I played a BSG RP for three years before I joined GW. We had a wonderful game that was so close to the show, it was touted by some of our followers as even better. Then we had Adama and Rolsin. At first it was ok, but then the players got so involved with it, in the end it drove others away and the game eventually shut down. What happened was natural in the real world between two people, but in an RP, to log on and find page after page of just these two posting totally killed the game. So there you have it.

And no, there will never be a Sam/jack ship on this RP, they are close, but more like family than lovers:)

party pooper....:P:D

Princess Awinita
January 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I did not know you were a JaCarter shipper MG.... Personally I'm a Sheyla shipper myself, though twice I've put poor Sheppard into love triangles that got way crazy

mad_gater
January 5th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I did not know you were a JaCarter shipper MG.... Personally I'm a Sheyla shipper myself, though twice I've put poor Sheppard into love triangles that got way crazy

haven't been to the S/J threads in awhile though....too busy with these RP's and the Cantina....:P:D

RogueRanger
January 5th, 2011, 03:38 PM
:lol: I just don't seem to get anywhere else but here and my VM wall:lol:

Oki now we're over that. We have a few peeps away, especially on the Daedy thread. I'll probably have to NPC a few to keep things going tho:o

MG and Sis, don't forget the Cabin RP was just a Xmas filler, you still have other duties more important elsewhere >> points to twins and JJ etc, Col Sheen, etc etc etc.

We have Clauz away and ONeill from the hammond as well:eek:

Princess Awinita
January 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I'm actually waiting on your father to post as the Admiral before posting as either Rufis or the Twins, and i'm actually still totally stuck in the LA thread as well.

For all I know, Rufis will end up as my main OC once Li disappears....

RogueRanger
January 5th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I'll have a look at the LA thread and see what is what. I need VS, AR and Setsu to post as well:)

TheLadyMore
January 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM

I am a Sheyla fan myself, but it's Sparky that I love, I also think Ronon and Teyla would have been cute together, and don't throw stuff at me....I am a McShep fan too *runs*