View Full Version : Stargate New Seasons : OOC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RogueRanger
October 27th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Yep, big throw ups :eek: A little better today, some:o

Where is everyone??????:wieranime42:

Princess Awinita
October 27th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Mel; get well soon!! Should have a post @ Ben and Mel; by lunchtime today, I hope, my muse has me scatterbrained and unable to sleep

RogueRanger
October 27th, 2010, 12:03 PM
It's ok Sis, I'm going back to sleep soon anyway. I feel terrible though,I've never missed a single day of Uni and now two days in a row:S

Trillian52
October 27th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear you're sick Mel, :( hope you feel better soon. :)

RogueRanger
October 27th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Thanx Aunty Trill, I'm waiting for my doctor to come over again at 8am, she's worried it might be my appendix:eek: trying to sleep tho:o

Ryn
October 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Mel, feel better soon! *hugs with chickensoup & then tea n cookies* :D

First this : *points downward*

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/chickensoup430x300.jpg

http://www.dutchgoldhoney.com/store/gif_jpg/tips_tea_honey.jpg
^Then this, with this (points downward again :P) as dessert :D Oh and don't forget the honey in the tea! :D

And if you're feeling up to it:

http://www.drinksilk.ca/images/cooking/recipes/large/ChocolateChipCookies_l.jpg

Isolde
October 27th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Thanx Aunty Trill, I'm waiting for my doctor to come over again at 8am, she's worried it might be my appendix:eek: trying to sleep tho:o

What Trill said, darlin'. *glomp* My oldest is poorly too, with tonsillitis, and needed her mum to cheer her up. :rolleyes: Typical kids, huh. :)

squirrely1
October 27th, 2010, 12:54 PM
aww Mel *BIG HUGS* Take this time to rest and recoup....Get healthy soon. :)

puddlejumperOZ
October 27th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Morning everyone, I'm off home so I won't be posting today. Mel is going to have her appendix out, we're taking her to hospital at 10:00 this morning, she'll go in at 11:00. From all of us, thank you for your well wishes. Ryn can you pass this on in the Aftermath thread for me please.

Draygon
October 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM
*big hugs* My best wishes to Mel and her family too :o

Apollodragon
October 27th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I hope you get well soon and good luck on the Appendectomy, Mel

jackclone1
October 27th, 2010, 02:49 PM
All the best from Miki and me kid, take care of yourself. It's no big deal these days, you'll be home the weekend giving cheek as usual;)

squirrely1
October 27th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Morning everyone, I'm off home so I won't be posting today. Mel is going to have her appendix out, we're taking her to hospital at 10:00 this morning, she'll go in at 11:00. From all of us, thank you for your well wishes. Ryn can you pass this on in the Aftermath thread for me please.

Oh WOW :eek: *BIG HUGS TO THE OZ FAMILY* I'll keep you in my prayers. GET WELL MEL!! :)

Vagabond Serpent
October 27th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Get better Mel! :D

*sends hugs to all family too*

I nearly got my appendix "jamming" on Monday too... :S Lucky for me, just the same symptoms for a peaceful digesting distress. :P

puddlejumperOZ
October 27th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Very quick update, I'm posting from a borrowed machine at the hospital. Mel is fine, she's sleeping in recovery and will come home tomorrow afternoon. She was awake for a little while and said she will take a picture of her scar for you, nice eh. See you all soon and thankyou everyone for your wishes:)

Oz family *hugs*

Trillian52
October 27th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Very quick update, I'm posting from a borrowed machine at the hospital. Mel is fine, she's sleeping in recovery and will come home tomorrow afternoon. She was awake for a little while and said she will take a picture of her scar for you, nice eh. See you all soon and thankyou everyone for your wishes:)

Oz family *hugs*

I'm so pleased to hear Mel is OK PJ - please give her a big hug from me!:) No, sorry, make that big hugs to you all! :)

Ryn
October 27th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Seconds Trill's post... :D lots of BIIIIIIIIIIG humongous honking hugs!

Posted it in the LOA thread, PJ! *more hugs*

Apollodragon
October 27th, 2010, 11:40 PM
It is nice to hear that you are doing okay, Mel. It is amazing how quick people recover these day from surgery like an appendectomy. I had my gallbladder removed a year ago, only stayed in the hospital over night and my biggest scar is about an 3.81cm.

Aragon101
October 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Hmmm too many hugs, we might smother Mel accidentally :P

How about a shoulder rub?

get better mel!

squirrely1
October 28th, 2010, 07:54 AM

Oz family *hugs*
*PHEW* So glad everything is ok and she is recovering now. And oh goody...can't wait to see the scar ;) :P Yeah I'm sick that way. hehehehehe

HANG IN THERE MEL and RAY and MARILYN......HECK EVERYONE!! :P :P

puddlejumperOZ
October 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Thank you so much to everyone. We kept Mel company last night until she fell asleep about 10pm, around 4 in the afternoon she was fairly chatty and asked about all her wonderful friends here and she apologises for holding anybody up, Ryn can you extend that to AM as well please. As usual Mel was as cheeky as can be, telling the staff what to do and making her demands as to what she wanted to eat, which they kindly advised her to wait until morning. But well you all know her, she refused and so they gave her a sandwich and a banana. This is the following about ten minutes later.

"I will not throw up, I will not throw up, I will not throw up,..............." She did:lol:

She has her laptop with her, but I seriously doubt she'll do anything for at least a couple of hours. Maz is bringing her home around 3 maybe 4pm.

Again, thank you all

Ray:)

Oranos
October 28th, 2010, 12:21 PM
*PHEW* So glad everything is ok and she is recovering now. And oh goody...can't wait to see the scar ;) :P Yeah I'm sick that way. hehehehehe

This. Except maybe not quite as excited to see the scar. :p

Probably because I'm not quite as sick as SQ. :p

Feel free to ignore.

Okay. :p

Ryn
October 28th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Hm. Some support would've been nice, there, O. But then again, you's you... :P :rolleyes:

Ray, good to hear she's hanging in there and being (somewhat) obnoxious in the hospital, hehe, way to go! that's the spirit. :D

Oranos
October 28th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Hm. Some support would've been nice, there, O. But then again, you's you... :P :rolleyes:

But ... but you said we could ignore you. What did you expect me to do? :p

Ryn
October 28th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Not me, the rant... :( *sigh*

oh, whatever

Oranos
October 28th, 2010, 12:58 PM
You made the rant, did you not? Therefore, I am ignoring you making the rant. :p

Ryn
October 28th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Enough OT stuff.... *hopes to RP again soon* :D

RogueRanger
October 28th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I hope you get well soon and good luck on the Appendectomy, Mel

All the best from Miki and me kid, take care of yourself. It's no big deal these days, you'll be home the weekend giving cheek as usual;)

Oh WOW :eek: *BIG HUGS TO THE OZ FAMILY* I'll keep you in my prayers. GET WELL MEL!! :)

Get better Mel! :D

*sends hugs to all family too*

I nearly got my appendix "jamming" on Monday too... Lucky for me, just the same symptoms for a peaceful digesting distress.

I'm so pleased to hear Mel is OK PJ - please give her a big hug from me!:) No, sorry, make that big hugs to you all! :)

Seconds Trill's post... :D lots of BIIIIIIIIIIG humongous honking hugs!

Posted it in the LOA thread, PJ! *more hugs*

Hmmm too many hugs, we might smother Mel accidentally :P

How about a shoulder rub?

get better mel!

You all are so much my beautiful friends, thank you so much *cries*:o

Very quick update, I'm posting from a borrowed machine at the hospital. Mel is fine, she's sleeping in recovery and will come home tomorrow afternoon. She was awake for a little while and said she will take a picture of her scar for you, nice eh. See you all soon and thankyou everyone for your wishes

Oz family *hugs*
Thanx Daddy, picture is in the Gateworld Photo Album here http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/71562-Gateworld-photo-album?p=12023964&viewfull=1#post12023964 :sam43:

Thank you so much to everyone. We kept Mel company last night until she fell asleep about 10pm, around 4 in the afternoon she was fairly chatty and asked about all her wonderful friends here and she apologises for holding anybody up, Ryn can you extend that to AM as well please. As usual Mel was as cheeky as can be, telling the staff what to do and making her demands as to what she wanted to eat, which they kindly advised her to wait until morning. But well you all know her, she refused and so they gave her a sandwich and a banana. This is the following about ten minutes later.

"I will not throw up, I will not throw up, I will not throw up,..............." She did

She has her laptop with her, but I seriously doubt she'll do anything for at least a couple of hours. Maz is bringing her home around 3 maybe 4pm.

Again, thank you all

Ray:)

I wasn't cheeky, well not much. But yes I did throw up...and again:eek:

This. Except maybe not quite as excited to see the scar. :p

Probably because I'm not quite as sick as SQ. :p

Okay. :p

:P

Ray, good to hear she's hanging in there and being (somewhat) obnoxious in the hospital, hehe, way to go! that's the spirit. :D

Thanks Ryn, I'm not going to let them make me do things I don't wanna....oh no, I have to shower, big Bessy is coming:o

Vagabond Serpent
October 29th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Good to know that you're all right Mel. And some more hugs to Ben, Sarah, Keira, whom SQ missed. :P :lol:

Oranos
October 29th, 2010, 10:44 AM
:P

Sweet! I'm like really awesome at this game. :p

You want to play a couple rounds? ;)

You all are so much my beautiful friends, thank you so much *cries*:o

Phew. Don't know what I would have done if you'd lumped me in this category. :p

Vagabond Serpent
October 29th, 2010, 11:00 AM

Strangle yourself finally? :P

Oranos
October 29th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Strangle yourself finally? :P

If my (American!) football team hasn't forced me to do that yet, you really think she could have gotten me to? ;)

Vagabond Serpent
October 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Just go do some calibrations. :P

RogueRanger
October 29th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Sweet! I'm like really awesome at this game. :p

You want to play a couple rounds? ;)

I was tired and you was last in the quotes, but yeah I meant it for EVERYONE...but of course if you don't think you're beautiful then, oh well:P

If my (American!) football team hasn't forced me to do that yet, you really think she could have gotten me to? ;)

Eventually:sam43:

:lol:

Oranos
October 29th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I was tired and you was last in the quotes, but yeah I meant it for EVERYONE...but of course if you don't think you're beautiful then, oh well:P

No, not really... Dashingly handsome, actually. :p

Thanks, but no thanks. I was planning on getting in some target practice while listening to Die for the Cause. ;)

RogueRanger
October 29th, 2010, 01:40 PM
hhehee I'm doing target practice myself, seeing how well i can aim for the bowl..yep still throwin up:eek:

squirrely1
October 29th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Good to know that you're all right Mel. And some more hugs to Ben, Sarah, Keira, whom SQ missed. :P :lol:
hey I said...."Heck Everyone!" :P :P

hhehee I'm doing target practice myself, seeing how well i can aim for the bowl..yep still throwin up:eek:

:eek: :( So sorry to hear this Mel... is it your meds? :S :S

Aragon101
October 29th, 2010, 06:00 PM
hey I said...."Heck Everyone!" :P :P

:eek: :( So sorry to hear this Mel... is it your meds? :S :S

No it's the thought that a symbiote is sitting next to her bed in a jar now :eek:

squirrely1
October 29th, 2010, 08:16 PM
No it's the thought that a symbiote is sitting next to her bed in a jar now :eek:

True! :eek: :weiranime33:

Ryn
October 30th, 2010, 12:09 AM
:eek: they got hospitals with symbiotes in a jar in Australia? :eek:

I gotta move over there. :D

pookey
October 30th, 2010, 04:42 AM
is it a Tok'ra?:p

RogueRanger
October 31st, 2010, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure but I did name her. Maybe she could be a Tok'ra but I'm not putting her back in:P

squirrely1
October 31st, 2010, 03:15 PM
I'm not sure but I did name her. Maybe she could be a Tok'ra but I'm not putting her back in:P

yeah I don't blame you.....she was causing enough trouble as it was :P

RogueRanger
October 31st, 2010, 03:44 PM
Aunty Q *waves and little hugs* Yeppers she was, now I know it was Quetesh:sam43:

squirrely1
November 1st, 2010, 08:36 AM
Aunty Q *waves and little hugs* Yeppers she was, now I know it was Quetesh:sam43:

*waves back* Hope you are feeling better Mel :) And yeah Quetesh....she has got quite an attitude :P

Ok so we all know the mission that is coming up on the Hammond? Are we going to open a new thread or what? :confused: Not sure I know what is going on... I'm just along for the ride...and I chime in when it's appropriate....and even when it's not appropriate :P But otherwise I got nothin' :eek:

Vagabond Serpent
November 1st, 2010, 10:06 AM
Better use a new thread for each team missions, like we've in SG-4. ;)

RogueRanger
November 1st, 2010, 12:42 PM
Yes once we're off the Hammond and the mission is on. That will be a new thread. The first post for that thread will be when Vala (Aunty Q) hits the gas pedal on the Tel'tak. Oh and it wasn't the meds Aunty Q making me sick, it was the after surgery stuff, the cocktails the put in you to knock you out:eek:

Ryn
November 2nd, 2010, 01:02 AM
There. Finished tweaking my profile page. :) I like yellow. :P

RogueRanger
November 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
^^ I haven't fiddled with mine yet, all the colours make me giddy:o

marilynrose
November 2nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
Just to let you know, Ray is unable to post today because of his eye. I've ordered him to rest and he should be alright to carry on tomorrow. We're sorry if he is holding anyone up, but he will be back I promise:)

Maz

Ryn
November 3rd, 2010, 12:12 AM
Ouch.... *sends lots of hugs your way*

Get well soon! :D

squirrely1
November 3rd, 2010, 04:09 AM
Just to let you know, Ray is unable to post today because of his eye. I've ordered him to rest and he should be alright to carry on tomorrow. We're sorry if he is holding anyone up, but he will be back I promise:)

Maz

awwww Give Ray our hugs and well wishes Maz :)

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Dad's ok, it was just some dust or something, but he's got sensative eyes so it went all crappy on him. He should be here later today he has to go back just for a check up:D

*hugs everyone* :sam:

squirrely1
November 3rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Dad's ok, it was just some dust or something, but he's got sensative eyes so it went all crappy on him. He should be here later today he has to go back just for a check up:D

*hugs everyone* :sam:

Good to hear Mel! Thanks for the update ;) :D

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Welcome Aunty Q :D

Got a surprise for you new hair and specs:eek:http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/Menewhair.jpg

squirrely1
November 3rd, 2010, 02:06 PM

Got a surprise for you new hair and specs:eek:[IG]http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/Menewhair.jpg[/IMG]
Nice Mel!! ;) I got my hair done too....and it is a dark red with highlights...and I don't need glasses anymore tho. :D :D But you look purdy :cool:

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
*blushes* thanx Aunty, it's my first for both hair and specs. Mum took it yesterday when I came out of the Optomertrist:D

squirrely1
November 3rd, 2010, 03:32 PM
*blushes* thanx Aunty, it's my first for both hair and specs. Mum took it yesterday when I came out of the Optomertrist:D

well you look quite studious :cool: :D BTW.....when is the Hammond folks going to get briefed? :eek: We need Carter over there.....well and you may have posted... I haven't looked yet....if you have... just ignore me! :P

Aragon101
November 3rd, 2010, 03:45 PM

Got a surprise for you new hair and specs:eek:http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/Menewhair.jpg

Nerd.

Thats okay, I'm totally writing this from my shiny new iPad. :p (yes shameless, but dammit I worked hard to win this thing!)

I might, key word might be able to make a few posts for Carter just to get things going in the sg1 threads. Need to see how my schedule will be in the next few weeks but more Than likely yes.

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
^^"Geek" :P

we need a heads up Sammy for when we take on the LA at their base, that would be cool:D

Aunty Q, thanx, that's what the eye doctor said...I didn't know how to take him:eek:

I'm going to post for Sam and Jennifer shortly, just have to get the words right:sam43:

squirrely1
November 3rd, 2010, 06:09 PM
Nerd.

Thats okay, I'm totally writing this from my shiny new iPad. :p (yes shameless, but dammit I worked hard to win this thing!)

I might, key word might be able to make a few posts for Carter just to get things going in the sg1 threads. Need to see how my schedule will be in the next few weeks but more Than likely yes.
you won an Ipad? :eek: NO FAIR!! :P :P *steals IPad* :D Oh wait this isn't the Cantina.....opps....:eek: nevermind..... *gives him back the Ipad* :D

Ok hope you can post.... WOOT WOOT! :D

^^"Geek" :P

we need a heads up Sammy for when we take on the LA at their base, that would be cool:D

Aunty Q, thanx, that's what the eye doctor said...I didn't know how to take him:eek:

I'm going to post for Sam and Jennifer shortly, just have to get the words right:sam43:

well I would most definitely take it as a compliment ;) And yeah I saw your post.... I'm loving the motivational stuff but seriously that finnish phrase....my translation dictionaries were all over the board on that one.....finally think I found out what it means....is it.....
an old Finnish battle cry for, "fire at their balls" ??? :eek: :P :D :lol:

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 06:27 PM
:lol: Dad refused to tell me, he said I'd figure it out eventually...I asked my brother and he said, go figure it out for yourself, so I rang the Finnish consulate. The lady burst out laughing and said it was very appropiate and finally I got the answer:eek:

Aragon101
November 3rd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Best motivational phrase ever.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Shouldn't be that hard to decipher :P

And yeah, more than likely i'll be able to fill in some gaps for SG-1. Tomorrow is my day off and i was going to be doing stuff at home. iPad gives me the mobility to post anywhere at any time. :D

32gig baby! Love my new job :D even got a free case (a nice leather one) with it too.

Don't worry SQ, i might let you borrow it, but i'll expect favors back in return. :p

Good to see you up and about Mel! Sicky is no good :(

Okay, someone wanna refresh me on SG-1's status? I'm about half done the next Fait chapter and the stories are waaaaay different already :P

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
"When you have their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow."

yeah cool:D

Now where we are at. Briefly. Everyone who is required is assembled on a ring platform near the armoury on the Hammond. The Admiral just gave us a insprirational speech. Sam will then give her final briefing. Then all the players will go into Vala's Tel'tak via the rings. (It was too big to fit in the hangar so it's clamped to the outside) Sam will do whatever she has to from the Hammond. (which btw is going to be lonely for me unless we can get some NPC's going with her)

The Admiral is flying over to the Daedalus to give Caldwell his orders and then he (Admiral) will be taking both ships squadrons of 302's to attack ground targets and make sure the LA gliders dont' get off the ground.

SG1 and 3 will land at a discreet distance cloaked from the LA base and firstly paint the missiles, pull back while both ships fire at missile silos. After which SG1 and 3 have to disable the beam thingy. Vala and Daniel meanwhile will try to free the LA's prisoners and arm them with extra munitions carried on the Tel'tak. I think their best chance is to use that to get to the prisoners, and no one else is going to know they are doing it until someone notices them missing.....

Whew..did I miss anything?????:eek:

squirrely1
November 3rd, 2010, 07:19 PM
I think that about covers it :P :D

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 07:27 PM
Now I have to poke dad to catch up on Atlantis, I hope he cando it today:o

Yep i think it does:D

squirrely1
November 3rd, 2010, 07:32 PM
Now I have to poke dad to catch up on Atlantis, I hope he cando it today:o

Yep i think it does:D

Yeah...and good luck with that Mel....I have this feeling he can be mighty cranky when he's not feeling well.....*giggles* :P But don't tell him I said that :eek: :P

oh and Aragon......I may take you up on borrowing that Ipad :D :D Where exactly do you live again? :lol:

Aragon101
November 3rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
"When you have their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow."

yeah cool:D

Now where we are at. Briefly. Everyone who is required is assembled on a ring platform near the armoury on the Hammond. The Admiral just gave us a insprirational speech. Sam will then give her final briefing. Then all the players will go into Vala's Tel'tak via the rings. (It was too big to fit in the hangar so it's clamped to the outside) Sam will do whatever she has to from the Hammond. (which btw is going to be lonely for me unless we can get some NPC's going with her)

The Admiral is flying over to the Daedalus to give Caldwell his orders and then he (Admiral) will be taking both ships squadrons of 302's to attack ground targets and make sure the LA gliders dont' get off the ground.

SG1 and 3 will land at a discreet distance cloaked from the LA base and firstly paint the missiles, pull back while both ships fire at missile silos. After which SG1 and 3 have to disable the beam thingy. Vala and Daniel meanwhile will try to free the LA's prisoners and arm them with extra munitions carried on the Tel'tak. I think their best chance is to use that to get to the prisoners, and no one else is going to know they are doing it until someone notices them missing.....

Whew..did I miss anything?????:eek:

Why is an Admiral flying a 302 into combat?? :confused:

NPCs should be easy for Sam. Major Marks, and give her a Yeoman :P

Not sure if you guys wanted to continue with an LA character. The problem is see is that in Fait, it's not going to go well for Earth AT ALL. Mel and PJ know since they read the summary of the story (and have craftily deviated from it quite alot already)

Honestly i'm a little bored with the typical 'battle' scenario of this attacking a shipyard. I guess i just don't think of the LA as an actual organized military force. PJ knows what i mean when i think of how soldiers armed with state of the art combat gear have to watch out for 50 year old mortar shells buried in the sand. in a straight fight, the LA doesn't stand a chance against Earth.

But that's the thing, this is an RPG. To get more complicated, it's take a massive effort to coordinate and make sure everyone's on the same page. It's no fun if everyone knows every detail of what's to come, or have their actions planned out for them.

So... short end of it is i'm not sure exactly where Mel wants to take this. I think a touching of base is needed because hte Sg-1 thread is lagging AFAIK.

Damn, now i'm inspired to write Fait. :P Here's an excerpt so y'all are teased about why Daniel's on a desk job in Fait.

Daniel sighed softly as he took a sip of his earl grey tea and looked around his stuffy office. It was so different to what he’d been used to in the SGC, yet he still visited every now and again. To think that this office he’d set up was on Atlantis within a stones throw from the last remaining database of the Ancients data stores, as well as the replicated Asgard Core that had been installed on Atlantis during its stay on Earth, there was little more he needed

His office was richly decorated with what Daniel called a “Museum Curator’s Wet Dream” of ancient artifacts and doodads he’d collected over the years. The wallpaper he’d put up to get rid of that cold metallic feeling of Atlantis’ alloys made it so much more warm and inviting. Bookshelves filled with translations, dialects, reference material as well as personal journals and findings that wouldn’t be released to the public until some unspecified future date adorned both walls.Truly, this was as close to a home as he could make.

“Daniel!”

Daniel cringed softly and shakily set his tea down, He’d been buried in a tablet’s readout of how the Lantean and Wraith languages had merged over their clash and had ended up in something translatable by the Stargate’s translation mechanism. Vala’s voice cut through every defense he had and left him stunned. He spun around in his chair once he was sure the tea wouldn’t go flying and short circuit some irreplaceable technology to face Vala, who’d – evidently – brought Teal’c and Hailey as her backup. “Vala… I thought you guys were going to be offworld for awhile.”

Hailey shrugged, Daniel saw how she’d grown out of her barely post teenage frame and into something a bit more like Sam in their early days of SG-1. The smile on her face said snark and Daniel was glad that she hadn’t met Mckay yet. “Things change, the galaxy won’t save itself.”

Teal’c bowed his head and smiled at Daniel. “Indeed, Daniel Jackson, it is as we have done for as long as we have known one another.” Daniel stared at Teal’c remark, trying to decide if Teal’c was being amusing or just obfuscating.

------------

Vala made an annoyed sound and moved forward to examine Daniel’s work area. “My my Daniel, you just have twenty different kinds of languages just sitting her don’t you?” She leafed though a rusty looking book, recognizing the Ancient script on it but not saying anything. “Someone might mistake you for a hermit if you weren’t so freshly shaven and bathed.”

Vala enjoyed seeing Daniel’s less than amused look back at her. “What are you doing here? I have a lot of work to do and since I’m not off gallivanting around the galaxy anymore, I actually have time to do it without losing sleep.”

Hailey used the distraction Vala made by sitting down on Daniel’s desk to peruse around, Vala watched her and Muscles admire the room as she got to business. “We’re going to go out tonight Daniel.”

“Out… As in a date?” Daniel asked with that oh-so-confused face Vala loved to see.

Hailey snorted and Teal’c merely stayed quiet as he examined a vase on a large bookshelf arranged in ornamental rows. Vala smiled and rubbed Daniel’s shoulder in sympathy “Oh no silly, that’s for when we’re in private. This is a reunion we’re talking about!”

Daniel raised an eyebrow in suspicion. “Reunion?”

Teal’c spun from his position to the side and nodded again. “Indeed Daniel Jackson, we have not conversed in a little manner in quite some time. Colonel Mitchell expressed a desire to reunite the orchestra.”

Daniel groaned softly and chuckled. “Okay now I know you’re just being difficult.”

Vala grinned from ear to ear. Daniel was a sharp one alright. “Sam’ll be there. And that adorable O’Neill too.”

A bit of Daniel’s smile faded and Vala realized she’d touched a nerve. She’d heard much about O’Neill and Daniel’s legendary friendship, but not anything recently. “Uhh, you know what? I’d love to, but I already promised Area 51 I’d work on translating some Ancient Dialect for them. They think they might be onto a lead for ZPM construction so it’s pretty important.”

Vala saw in Teal’c face that he didn’t buy it either. Hailey just shrugged and continued her perusing. As much as she wanted to spend time with Daniel, Vala knew she had to let it go – for now. “Oh well, your loss, we’ll have to make those reservations for our private meeting some other time then.” With that, Vala got up and motioned to Hailey, “Come on kiddo, I want to try and pawn some of those robes we found.” Vala paid no attention to the somewhat interested noise Daniel made as she pulled Hailey away, the young captain waving bye to Daniel.

---------------------

Daniel watched as his friends left the room, but Teal’c stood at the door and turned. “Daniel Jackson.” Daniel saw Teal’c bow his head slightly in honor. “You will always be a part of SG-1.”

It took Daniel a second to get what Teal’c meant, but he smiled nonetheless. “I know. Next time.”
With that, Teal’c left the room and Daniel back to his work.

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 07:50 PM
We are sort of trying to follow FA as much as a RP can. The only reason we called Daniel in was so that he would be there and other people reading our game would get interested. As for the rest of it, well RP's dont move in real time. A day here could take weeks to pass as we have to allow for all the players. But as we stand now, we are kind of close and the script is only being fluffed out to make it playable..I think.

As to why the Admiral is CAG, cos' he can:P

Aragon101
November 3rd, 2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah...and good luck with that Mel....I have this feeling he can be mighty cranky when he's not feeling well.....*giggles* :P But don't tell him I said that :eek: :P

oh and Aragon......I may take you up on borrowing that Ipad :D :D Where exactly do you live again? :lol:

Canuckistan.

Bring beer.

squirrely1
November 3rd, 2010, 07:58 PM
Ok... well Vala would have never let Daniel off that easily...she would have harassed him mercilessly :P :P But I see why you worked it the way you did...and it was good...you have the characters voice down nicely :D

Loved this quote...... “Museum Curator’s Wet Dream” hehehehe being an art teacher this really struck a chord with me....but I could just picture Daniel drooling at all this stuff :P

And about the Hammond Mission...yeah I agree we need to get this orchestrated.... I feel we are just floundering and no one really knows what to do? :S But that could be just me. :weiranime33:

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 07:58 PM
Isn't that near Alaskanistan?????:eek:

Beer? you snowmobile runs on beer??:sam43:

Sammy could you make one tiny iddy biddy post for dad, so he hasn't got so much to read? Pweeze? Could you reply to Trill as Colonel Hasluck please:sam:

squirrely1
November 3rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
Canuckistan.

Bring beer.

Awesome!! I'm not that far away.... I'm in Ohio :D :D And I love a good dark beer.... how about Guinness?? :D :D

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 09:09 PM
Where is he????? He always disappears when I ask him a question:o

Aragon101
November 3rd, 2010, 09:21 PM
Where is he????? He always disappears when I ask him a question:o

E-Mail.

I've told you :P

What question? I think i'm drinking beer with SQ ATM so my attention is somewhat distracted... or something.

And Guinness is one of the few beers i drink, nice choice :)

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
Isn't that near Alaskanistan?????:eek:

Beer? you snowmobile runs on beer??:sam43:

Sammy could you make one tiny iddy biddy post for dad, so he hasn't got so much to read? Pweeze? Could you reply to Trill as Colonel Hasluck please:sam:

^^^ This question:P

Trillian52
November 3rd, 2010, 09:40 PM
I'm going away for a looong weekend so will be off-line from this evening to Monday evening (OZ time). I'd be grateful if someone could slip into Todd's boots while I'm away - if he's needed that is! :)

Aragon101
November 3rd, 2010, 09:44 PM
Done, but i'm pretty lost as to what's happening :P Not at all what i'd originally envisioned but i guess that's the life of an RPG :P

Srsly Mel, PM time since i'm very very lost as i haven't been able to keep up with anything. It's hard to know where to go next if you keep adding things that i don't know about, or even imagined would be in this (such as a Terminator ;) )

RogueRanger
November 3rd, 2010, 10:22 PM
It was only a quick favour Sammy. Dad was going to be here but he's still squinting at the screen and had to do some work, sorry and thanx:)

Trill that will be ok, I'm sure we'll keep Toddy safe for you:D

Apollodragon
November 3rd, 2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry Aragon that I have moved Daniel in a different direction then you wanted but I am trying to slowly plant the seeds of what you want.

Oranos
November 4th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Why is an Admiral flying a 302 into combat?? :confused:

It's like asking why there's a character that's a marine medic. Sometimes it's just better to gloss over the details. :p

Aragon101
November 4th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Sorry Aragon that I have moved Daniel in a different direction then you wanted but I am trying to slowly plant the seeds of what you want.

Nah don't worry about it. My reasonings aren't exactly "fun" :p

I just never really appreciated action Jackson beyond some suspension of disbelief.

And glossing over details like that show poor research or simply not caring about the facts. Yes it's fun, but I have to take it with a grain of salt as far as believeability.

Especially when something tries to flaunt itself as more realistic ;)

Ryn
November 4th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Hm, well, as far as action-Daniel :rolleyes: is concerned, at the end of SG-1 he was pretty well seasoned with all the action stuff going on. He was barely a shadow of his meek and awkward movie self. :) Hey, the man died a couple of times, so.... :)

RogueRanger
November 4th, 2010, 11:18 AM
^:lol: Yeah, Action Jackson:D

Sammy did you know that during both the Vietnam War and Gulf War 1, there were incidents of Admirals going for a spin with the boys:D When my dad was wounded in Veitnam, the chopper that flew him from Saigon to the USS Sanctuary was piloted by the fleet 2IC:D

I guess he nothin to do:eek:

Ryn
November 4th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I guess not all Admirals are paper-pushers. :)

Landry and Hammond didn't see much action at SG-1, though I could remember Hammond in a glider once (with Teal'c flying it) shouting Yee-haa as he saved the day. :D

Oh, I am waiting to post in Atlantis but it's ok if it's delayed till after weekend, honestly. I'm not feeling inspirational even if I got my head buried in a really good long angsty slash fic right now :o :o ((I only read that for the angst & h/c, honest :D))

RogueRanger
November 4th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Tehehehhehehe...Oh yeah *covers eyes* :eek:

Dad is gonna post today...sometime, he promised...but no he will or I'll sulk:o

Oranos
November 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
And glossing over details like that show poor research or simply not caring about the facts. Yes it's fun, but I have to take it with a grain of salt as far as believeability.

Especially when something tries to flaunt itself as more realistic ;)

I'm hardly surprised, if only because the Marines are always the branch that gets screwed over in terms of research. So I usually just get a good laugh out of it now.

But yeah, Marines don't actually have medics. They have Navy lackeys corpsmen. :p

RogueRanger
November 4th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Navy corpsmen attached to Marine units are effectively classified as Marines for the duration of their tour. Though ReIndeer called himself a Marine, we can qunatify that by saying in the SGC he was transferred from a Navy unit and his rank was given as a Marine rather than a Nvay rank:D I just asked dad:P

Oranos
November 4th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Navy corpsmen attached to Marine units are effectively classified as Marines for the duration of their tour. Though ReIndeer called himself a Marine, we can qunatify that by saying in the SGC he was transferred from a Navy unit and his rank was given as a Marine rather than a Nvay rank:D I just asked dad:P

Too bad that's not what his bio says:

History: Markus did fairly well in School. Also, He was in Boy Scouts and got his Eagle Rank. He signed up for the Marine Corps right out of school. His family was not to thrilled about his decision, but they lived with it. Markus excelled in boot camp. Due to his prior experience in the BSA, He knew some basic first-aid already. The USMC used that skill to make him a Medic in his group. He served in the USMC until he was chosen for the stargate program at the age of 25. He does not have the Ancient Gene.

You lose. :p

Ryn
November 4th, 2010, 01:51 PM
All this military stuff does my head in! :eek:
no wonder I can't ever make sense of the NCIS plots,
I only ever watch that for the team banter anyway :lol:

Um, yeah. :o

Aragon101
November 4th, 2010, 01:52 PM

So a Swabbie gets the privilege of calling himself a Marine? I think the Marine unit might take exception to that given what THEY had to do to call themselves Marines :P (i'm basing this off personal experiences with military officials, including Marines :P)

In truth, they'd gladly accept the help, but the teasing would be merciless methinks just like in any job :P

RogueRanger
November 4th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah, Dad said in Vietnam they (the Marines) had a name for Navy corpsmen, but he wouldn't tell me what it was, so I can only prsume it was non PG. Thnx Sammy for posting Col Hasluck. Oh he's not a Terminator, more like the 6 mill Man:P

Princess Awinita
November 4th, 2010, 04:42 PM
*wanders in to let all know she is still alive and well*

skee is nanowrimo so busy busy busy, day five and am at 14,211 words!

to WoD or not to WoD.....

ah heck with it....

puddlejumperOZ
November 4th, 2010, 06:39 PM
The heck with it indeed Princess, go do your RP duty, that's an order!:mckay:

Princess Awinita
November 4th, 2010, 08:39 PM
The heck with it indeed Princess, go do your RP duty, that's an order!:mckay:
apparently my words per minute when under pressure are.... a lot... Did Write or Die (WoD) tosday, wrote 550 words in three and a half minutes

current word total... see me siggie :)

RogueRanger
November 4th, 2010, 10:10 PM
You heard the Skipper Sis, post:P

I would like you to anyways...when you can:o

squirrely1
November 5th, 2010, 03:18 AM
I'm sick :( *cries....whine* But you all knew that anyway.....oh stop!! It's not that kind of sick :P It's the sore throat/cold kind :S :( I'll peek in there later today and see if I need to post something but I may collapse after work and then Vala will be standing there at the Team hand shake thingy for all eternity :S :eek:

Ryn
November 5th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Ouchie SQ.... lots of tea, honey, chicken soup, eh? That'll help. :)

Oh, and big humongous honking hugs, too. :P

squirrely1
November 5th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Ouchie SQ.... lots of tea, honey, chicken soup, eh? That'll help. :)

Oh, and big humongous honking hugs, too. :P

ahhh thanks Ryn :) :o I would hug back...but I'm probably contagious :eek: :S

Princess Awinita
November 5th, 2010, 09:39 AM
You heard the Skipper Sis, post:P

I would like you to anyways...when you can:o
Well, you all saw my LoA notice from two weeks back, and nanowrimo is in full gear right now, so it really depends on the muse at this point, I made a deal with him last night, (about four hours ago as of this posting) and he seems to want to focus soley on the story before doing any online gaming. I'm thinking, once I reach 40K words or near there, I might be ableto post something....

I hope

Ryn
November 5th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah I don't think it's ever a good idea to drag a writer away from The Zone... :S they might never find their way back there! :eek:

And yay me, I posted. :D :D Hope it's ok. :o

RogueRanger
November 5th, 2010, 11:13 AM
I'm sick :( *cries....whine* But you all knew that anyway.....oh stop!! It's not that kind of sick :P It's the sore throat/cold kind :S :( I'll peek in there later today and see if I need to post something but I may collapse after work and then Vala will be standing there at the Team hand shake thingy for all eternity :S :eek:

Oh get well quick Aunty Q, we need you....and Vala:) *big hugz*

Yeah I don't think it's ever a good idea to drag a writer away from The Zone... :S they might never find their way back there! :eek:

And yay me, I posted. :D :D Hope it's ok. :o

Anythin you post is always cool Ryn *hugz*:D

Ryn
November 5th, 2010, 01:36 PM

*blushes and hugz back*:D

*then pokes Pookey* :mckay: :D

squirrely1
November 5th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Thanks Mel :) I did crash after work so I feel a little better...still feel somewhat yucky. But I'll be around to post ;)

Oranos
November 5th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I'm sick :( *cries....whine* But you all knew that anyway.....oh stop!! It's not that kind of sick :P

It's not? That's a first. :p

It's the sore throat/cold kind :S :(

Why can't it be both? :p

I'll peek in there later today and see if I need to post something but I may collapse after work and then Vala will be standing there at the Team hand shake thingy for all eternity :S :eek:

I'm probably going to regret this, but since I don't get sick...

*Hugs*

Ryn
November 6th, 2010, 12:39 AM
:D Was that so hard now O? :D :D :D

first time ever I see a hugs from you.... :D :D *hugs too* :P there, take that. :P

pookey
November 6th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Ryn;12045592*then pokes Pookey* :mckay: :Dyou have to remember Ryn, people have jobs;)

Oranos
November 6th, 2010, 08:16 AM
:D Was that so hard now O? :D :D :D

Excruciatingly. :p

first time ever I see a hugs from you.... :D :D

But, actually, not the first time I've ever done it. ;)

*hugs too* :P there, take that. :P

Sorry. I already ran out the back door in shock and horror at my actions. :p

Ryn
November 6th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Ah yes, O, but my hugs have the power of reaching folk wherever they may be, so... ;) :P

And Pooks, I just like to keep people on their toes. :P :P

squirrely1
November 6th, 2010, 12:19 PM
It's not? That's a first. :p

Why can't it be both? :p

I'm probably going to regret this, but since I don't get sick...

*Hugs*

:eek: Thanks I think.... *checks pocket to ensure credit cards are still there* :P :P Nah....JK....thanks O :o *HUGS BACK* :D :D

Oranos
November 6th, 2010, 12:49 PM
:eek: Thanks I think.... *checks pocket to ensure credit cards are still there* :P :P

Hey! Give me a little credit. :(

I took the cash instead. :p

Ryn
November 6th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Wow, you got cash, now you want credit? Geeee.... :rolleyes:

Aragon101
November 6th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Wow, you got cash, now you want credit? Geeee.... :rolleyes:

I guess i have different motives, i would have tried to classic "Hug and unhook bra" trick :P

On topic, i've talked to Mel somewhat, and hopefully we'll be moving onto the next phase of the RPG in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more! :D

Oranos
November 6th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I guess i have different motives, i would have tried to classic "Hug and unhook bra" trick :P

I'd rather lose a hand than my life. :p

squirrely1
November 6th, 2010, 04:31 PM

On topic, i've talked to Mel somewhat, and hopefully we'll be moving onto the next phase of the RPG in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more! :D
:eek: Well gee I'll think twice about hugging you in the future :P :P

Next few weeks :eek: What do you mean.....Vala can't stand in this team huddle for much longer....she may get inappropriate being sandwiched between the men like that!! LOL :P

I'd rather lose a hand than my life. :p

now there's a smart man :P :D

Aragon101
November 6th, 2010, 05:44 PM
:eek: Well gee I'll think twice about hugging you in the future :P :P

Next few weeks :eek: What do you mean.....Vala can't stand in this team huddle for much longer....she may get inappropriate being sandwiched between the men like that!! LOL :P

now there's a smart man :P :D

So you'd be offended, but Vala might join in? :P

Pft, smart is overrated. ;)

When i say next few weeks, i mean the arc AFTER the current one (SG-1's mission to LA, SG4's tracking of Korean dude, and SGA's battle with teh Genii.)

squirrely1
November 6th, 2010, 06:42 PM
So you'd be offended, but Vala might join in? :P

Pft, smart is overrated. ;)

When i say next few weeks, i mean the arc AFTER the current one (SG-1's mission to LA, SG4's tracking of Korean dude, and SGA's battle with teh Genii.)

Oh Vala would be delighted ;) :D

and yeah I know...but maybe O...is a gentleman *snort* Yeah I doubt it too!! :P :P

and ok I got ya now....but I just want to get this mission over at the Hammond underway.....it's dragging a bit IMO. :S

Oranos
November 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM
and yeah I know...but maybe O...is a gentleman *snort* Yeah I doubt it too!! :P :P

But I'm not the one who put forth the "hug and unclasp bra" plan. So I don't even want to hear it. :p

squirrely1
November 6th, 2010, 11:28 PM
But I'm not the one who put forth the "hug and unclasp bra" plan. So I don't even want to hear it. :p

no but now you have the idea and you scrambled around and wrote it down in your "guys guide to scoring" little black book.....come on admit it :P :P

Ryn
November 7th, 2010, 12:27 AM
You guys crack me up! :lol:

squirrely1
November 7th, 2010, 09:32 AM
You guys crack me up! :lol:

hehehehe well this is what happens when things are idle.... "CARTER!!" We so need carter to go and post the mission briefing so we can get underway.... I will admit Vala is getting antsy :P :P

Oranos
November 7th, 2010, 10:39 AM
no but now you have the idea and you scrambled around and wrote it down in your "guys guide to scoring" little black book.....come on admit it :P :P

:eek: Is that really what you think of me?

I'm a sad panda now. :(

squirrely1
November 7th, 2010, 11:03 AM
:eek: Is that really what you think of me?

I'm a sad panda now. :(

:( Nah.... I'm just joking :S *gives the panda some bamboo shoots* :)

Vagabond Serpent
November 7th, 2010, 11:54 AM
panda eats, shoots and leaves. :P

squirrely1
November 7th, 2010, 12:06 PM
panda eats, shoots and leaves. :P

hey hey hey....wait a minute!! :P

Oranos
November 7th, 2010, 12:09 PM
:( Nah.... I'm just joking :S *gives the panda some bamboo shoots* :)

See? I guilted you into what I wanted. :p

RogueRanger
November 7th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I'm back in class now so I will post for Sam after todays exams which should finish about 2PM here, that's in almost five hours time. Oh got stitchies out on Saturday *yay* :D

squirrely1
November 7th, 2010, 01:24 PM
See? I guilted you into what I wanted. :p
OH?? :S So all you were after all this time was some lousy bamboo shoots? :eek: :S Well if that is the case than next time just ask. I have plenty more where that came from :P

I'm back in class now so I will post for Sam after todays exams which should finish about 2PM here, that's in almost five hours time. Oh got stitchies out on Saturday *yay* :D

WOOT!! So glad to hear Mel. You'll have to post an "after" pic now!! :D :D

Oranos
November 7th, 2010, 02:08 PM
OH?? :S So all you were after all this time was some lousy bamboo shoots? :eek: :S Well if that is the case than next time just ask. I have plenty more where that came from :P

No, but you instantly felt sorry for me because pandas are cute and adorable. ;)

Aragon101
November 7th, 2010, 02:16 PM

WOOT!! So glad to hear Mel. You'll have to post an "after" pic now!! :D :D

And thus SQ learned that women aren't the only players. :p

Sg1 should get more exciting soon enough, whuhahaha!!!!

puddlejumperOZ
November 7th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Sg1 indeed shall elevate to new dimensions and no Suze, I am forbidding Mel from further pic posting, she's already attracting more mongrels in the pound than I can deal with:mckay:

Aragon101
November 7th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Sg1 indeed shall elevate to new dimensions and no Suze, I am forbidding Mel from further pic posting, she's already attracting more mongrels in the pound than I can deal with:mckay:

Just line the foyer with hunting trophies and purple hearts :p

puddlejumperOZ
November 7th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Oh now Sam, there's is an interesting prospect:P

Proceeding forth, I'll just check out the posts and see if I need to jump in or not. Oh and if AppolloDragon comes along, son you need to update the O'Niell section:)

squirrely1
November 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM
No, but you instantly felt sorry for me because pandas are cute and adorable. ;)
Fine :mckay: I'll just pack up all my bamboo and leave :P

And thus SQ learned that women aren't the only players. :p

Sg1 should get more exciting soon enough, whuhahaha!!!!

I think I knew this :P

oh yeah that is probably a good thing ;) Especially since she already has the great BF and all. :D

RogueRanger
November 7th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Oh boy that's it I'm totally going to burn my camera now...sorry Dad:eek:

SG1 we are just one post away from GO, ooh I'm so ready for this:D

Ryn
November 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Oh now Sam, there's is an interesting prospect:P

Proceeding forth, I'll just check out the posts and see if I need to jump in or not. Oh and if AppolloDragon comes along, son you need to update the O'Niell section:)

please feel free to jump into Atlantis ring room, PJ :P I *really* want to see that deep dark place the rings will surely take them to :P

hehe, all the bamboo stuff had me giggling :D

Aragon101
November 8th, 2010, 04:14 AM
please feel free to jump into Atlantis ring room, PJ :P I *really* want to see that deep dark place the rings will surely take them to :P

It's like, you know it's a euphemism, but for WHAT? :p

Ryn
November 8th, 2010, 08:32 AM
:rolleyes: Exactly. :lol:

btw - Pooks - loved McKay, you play him really well :D :D

pookey
November 8th, 2010, 10:30 AM
:o thanks Ryn:o

RogueRanger
November 8th, 2010, 12:50 PM

I think Dad might be on today if his work lets him that is:eek:

A what..who eurpme....can you use smaller words pleez Sammy:P

:rolleyes: Exactly. :lol:

btw - Pooks - loved McKay, you play him really well :D :D

She did to, very well:D

:o thanks Ryn:o

^^^ Brilliant Aunty Pookey :D

Oranos
November 8th, 2010, 03:14 PM

Wow. Dragon Age Origins moment with Zevran here.

*Slaps self silly* I need to pull my mind out of the gutter now. :p

RogueRanger
November 8th, 2010, 08:17 PM
:lol: On the Hammond, I'm just waiting for someone...anyone of you to post *pokes^*, even something random before Sam gets everyone up into the little ship. Oh and when that is done, I will create a Off-world thread for the LA mission:D

RogueRanger
November 9th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Two new threads everyone. This one for the Hammonds attack on the Lucian Alliance
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?77889-Stargate-New-Seasons-SG1-Resurgence-Season-11-SG1-and-SG3-LA-mission-one&p=12056552#post12056552

and I'm going to create a new one, strictly for game updates. It will not be used for general conversation, only to post updates and information. You can though ask questions there about the game:)

Melanie:sam43:

squirrely1
November 9th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Awesome Mel..... but I do wish we could get our own folder.... the number of threads in my subscription folder is getting ridiculous :eek: Have you check in again with the mods to see if they would grant us that? I just don't see why they don't the poor folks in general role play probably hate us by now :S

RogueRanger
November 9th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I've PM'd Darren twice and sent him an email yesterday...oh must check:eek:

If that don't work still I'll post again tomorrow in the Ask the Mods thread:)

It would be much fairer to them if we get our own, so yeah:sam43:

Ryn
November 9th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Why do you need a new folder??? NS has practically taken over the RP folder anyway, it's the only active RP there that doesn't have a folder. :o

*pokes ring room lever* hmmmm, wonder where that goes.... :/

squirrely1
November 10th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Why do you need a new folder??? NS has practically taken over the RP folder anyway, it's the only active RP there that doesn't have a folder. :o

*WHOOOOOOSH* weeeeeeeeeeeeee :weiranime33: Thanks Ryn.... I needed that :D

Awesome Mel... I hope we get the folder.....well for me it would be nice....just nice and neat in one place but you are right....we have taken over :S

*cough* ......

yeah I'm still sick :S :mckay:

RogueRanger
November 10th, 2010, 11:29 AM

eeeeeeeeeekkkkk Oh criminy we forgot to dock the Tel'tak:P

We need our won folder cos when peeps come lurking, they tend to go to AM and Wraith first as they have the popularity on GW. It's sort of a publicity thing as well. I've asked Tame if she can talk about us on her Podcast. Oh and I'm still waiting for Darren:mad:

*WHOOOOOOSH* weeeeeeeeeeeeee :weiranime33: Thanks Ryn.... I needed that :D

Awesome Mel... I hope we get the folder.....well for me it would be nice....just nice and neat in one place but you are right....we have taken over :S

*cough* ......

yeah I'm still sick :S :mckay:

You is only slacking Aunty:sam43: But get well soon anyways.:) I think we will take over GW soon:D

Ryn
November 10th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Those aren't good valid reasons for wanting your own folder, really... ;)
I think Sharp had to plead long and hard to get AM's, don't know really, but, it took a very long time. Probably a year or something... :S

Anyhoo - posted, short but sweet :P - off to zzz with me. Going to have a hopefully long sleep-in tomorrow. :D Yay for days off! (just one, for the eleventh, on Friday I gotta go back to climbing Mount Doom... :mckay:)

puddlejumperOZ
November 10th, 2010, 02:17 PM
If I may add to this. Having one's own folder for a game as large as this has become makes it much more managable for not only the GM's but also the players. You need only to subscribe to the folder and not the individual threads, it's more compact as well. Taking up a lot less space on the Forum and lessons the download impact for GW's server. Plus when you go into a Folder, you have a much easier task of reading all the threads. Out of a folder is ok for a small game but not one as big as this has become.

marilynrose
November 10th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Well we certainly do have a lot of threads don't we:)

Anyway I came in for my once in a while post only to find Isolde has not yet posted for me, so I'll just say hi to everyone and go back to work:D

Ryn
November 11th, 2010, 05:24 AM
If I may add to this. Having one's own folder for a game as large as this has become makes it much more managable for not only the GM's but also the players. You need only to subscribe to the folder and not the individual threads, it's more compact as well. Taking up a lot less space on the Forum and lessons the download impact for GW's server. Plus when you go into a Folder, you have a much easier task of reading all the threads. Out of a folder is ok for a small game but not one as big as this has become.

Now that's what I call valid reasons for a folder. :D

Good luck in getting it!

(( and btw, I was never against it from the start, just a little... hesitant :S you would get it. ))

Forum was down for a while - well it was up but I couldn't post at all, some kind of weird database error... :S

Vagabond Serpent
November 11th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Yeah, database was screwed up. :S

Special for our Setsuna: if you don't have something IC to post that'd accompany your OOC words in game threads, then stick to the talk threads, created right for this. :)

Princess Awinita
November 11th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Same here, darn database error pages when trying tio post, it should be gone now I think....

Anyhow; I wanted to aplogise for my unwanted abcense, it seems that my muse, Jake, has stayed the night a friends place, and has gotten rather selective, and wont allow me to RP anywhere :mckay:

RogueRanger
November 11th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Well we certainly do have a lot of threads don't we:)

Anyway I came in for my once in a while post only to find Isolde has not yet posted for me, so I'll just say hi to everyone and go back to work:D

Sorry Mum, I would have npc'd Beckett for you but..no GW:eek:

Now that's what I call valid reasons for a folder. :D

Good luck in getting it!

(( and btw, I was never against it from the start, just a little... hesitant :S you would get it. ))

Forum was down for a while - well it was up but I couldn't post at all, some kind of weird database error... :S

Same for everyone:o and I was kind of trying to say what dad said....:sam43:

Yeah, database was screwed up. :S

Special for our Setsuna: if you don't have something IC to post that'd accompany your OOC words in game threads, then stick to the talk threads, created right for this. :)

He has to be told, yes and his post will be deleted. We also now have a FAQ thread and game updates everyone should read now and then.:)

Same here, darn database error pages when trying tio post, it should be gone now I think....

Anyhow; I wanted to aplogise for my unwanted abcense, it seems that my muse, Jake, has stayed the night a friends place, and has gotten rather selective, and wont allow me to RP anywhere :mckay:

Your Muse Jake needs a lesson in winging it Sis:P

Ok important news. As the SG1 mission moves into the attack phase with the LA, it is going to be a bit big for those involved, especially the F302 scenes. So I would like all of our players to volunteer themselves *points at everyone, you just volunteered* for duty as either pilots for the F302's, LA gliders and LA soldiers. You only need to create an NPC and weigh in once the battle starts, but we want it to be a real as we can get it, so no stupid lame posting:sam43:

Next news, AtlantisRules!!! will be joining us as Major Kevin Marks on the Hammond and hopefully he will be creating a OC to join SG4, so I will say welcome AR:)

RogueRanger
November 11th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Some clarity for the upcoming SG1/SG3 missions is here:D

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?77890-Stargate-New-Seasons-FAQ-Gameplay-RP-updates&p=12062003&viewfull=1#post12062003

Ryn
November 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Winging it? That's what I do with every single RP post... :cool:

pookey
November 11th, 2010, 12:54 PM
so no stupid lame posting:eek: how comes ive gotten this far then:D:weiranime42:

puddlejumperOZ
November 11th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I would say as a fact Ryn and Pookey you have both done rather well. That being said there have been a few rather unsatisfactory posts by some, myself included. So Mel sweety we'll try and do our best. Remember though some of us have other things to do and GW takes a second seat when we're pressed for time, so trying our best is all that can be asked of us.

And thank you for the clarity on the SG1 mission, we needed a little input there:D

Oh and lastly, welcome to you AtlantisRules:)

Oranos
November 11th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Remember though some of us have other things to do and GW takes a second seat when we're pressed for time, so trying our best is all that can be asked of us.

Especially because at least one of us (*cough* me *cough*) likes to procrastinate and is now scrambling to get about three essays done.

Princess Awinita
November 11th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Your Muse Jake needs a lesson in winging it Sis:P

Ok important news. As the SG1 mission moves into the attack phase with the LA, it is going to be a bit big for those involved, especially the F302 scenes. So I would like all of our players to volunteer themselves *points at everyone, you just volunteered* for duty as either pilots for the F302's, LA gliders and LA soldiers. You only need to create an NPC and weigh in once the battle starts, but we want it to be a real as we can get it, so no stupid lame posting:sam43:

Next news, AtlantisRules!!! will be joining us as Major Kevin Marks on the Hammond and hopefully he will be creating a OC to join SG4, so I will say welcome AR:)
1: Jake is very selective during November >.<
2: Oh wonderful, I wonder if I should make Lake as a ........... nevermind :o kinda forgot she's already being cxreated and used in several other RPs as it is already
3: Your brother, and my son joined us? YAY! *huggles Obi*

puddlejumperOZ
November 11th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Especially because at least one of us (*cough* me *cough*) likes to procrastinate and is now scrambling to get about three essays done.

Isn't that rather harsh? I for one wouldn't resort to that kind of medical procedure for a billion dollars. Oh, yes I see, sorry wrong context:lol:

I do though have to agree with Mel, we need some assistance with the LA mission so if you feel you are capable of handling a fighter or Glider, or for that matter an ememy on the ground, just stick your virtual hand up here;)

Oranos
November 11th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Isn't that rather harsh? I for one wouldn't resort to that kind of medical procedure for a billion dollars. Oh, yes I see, sorry wrong context:lol:

This is what I look like when I'm NOT laughing. :p

I do though have to agree with Mel, we need some assistance with the LA mission so if you feel you are capable of handling a fighter or Glider, or for that matter an ememy on the ground, just stick your virtual hand up here;)

I'll have a better idea of where I stand by Sunday. I plan on really getting into them this weekend, so yeah. ;)

puddlejumperOZ
November 11th, 2010, 03:49 PM
What?:P

good lad. Oh btw I would advise Teal'c take a firm hand with young Hailey, he might also take note of her sudden perplexity;)

Oranos
November 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM
What?:P

A lot like this:

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq317/Oranos21/garrus3.jpg?t=1289525660

God, don't you people look at the avatar? ;)

good lad.

Thanks for the approval, dad. :p

Oh btw I would advise Teal'c take a firm hand with young Hailey, he might also take note of her sudden perplexity;)

I'd say I can play Teal'c, but I haven't been playing him much recently, have I? ;)

puddlejumperOZ
November 11th, 2010, 05:21 PM
A lot like this:

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq317/Oranos21/garrus3.jpg?t=1289525660

God, don't you people look at the avatar? ;) *nope* :P

Thanks for the approval, dad. :p

That's what dad's do I've been told often:)

I'd say I can play Teal'c, but I haven't been playing him much recently, have I? ;)

I'd say in a word, no. But then I've been a bit off as well of late, so I can understand;)

squirrely1
November 12th, 2010, 02:58 AM
I'd consider NPCing a pilot in a 302 but only if I can be Starbuck!! Hehehehehehe :P Altho....wait she did go *BOOM* So maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea :weiranime33:

Vagabond Serpent
November 12th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Thanks for posting for me Pooks! :D You actually did that better than I would... :P

Ryn
November 12th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Yes, indeed, Pooks deserves a big round of applause, cookies, and of course, TONS of hugs. :D

Isolde
November 12th, 2010, 09:24 AM
"I don’t think if we for any reason go away, it is an issue necessarily of the quality of the product that we’ve been making. I think getting moved on the schedule has hurt us. And the fact that some of the fans that liked SG-1 and Atlantis were so angry that they have deliberately hurt us, which is unfortunate." ~ Brad Wright

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/stargate-universe-franchise-fans-vs.html?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4cdd801d7f733a81%2C0#ixzz155q1Jd9n

I know this is off topic, but I'm so pissed off by this that I thought I'd share. What a jackass. :mckay:

I'm sorry for not posting, MR, but I'm ill with bronchitis and not only are my lungs full of ick, but my head is too. I can't spend much time at the 'puter without getting a headache at the mo, plus I ain't certain what to do with Carson either? To make matters worse, this weekend I will be away from the internet. Completely. :o Yes, even in the 21st century there are pockets of civilisation without it. :P

Will look over the thread when I feel more with it. :o

RogueRanger
November 12th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I'd consider NPCing a pilot in a 302 but only if I can be Starbuck!! Hehehehehehe :P Altho....wait she did go *BOOM* So maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea :weiranime33:

There is no reason though why your NPC couldn't be a Starbuckesque charrie Aunty Q, go for it, that can even be her call sign:D So I'm giving you premission to suit up Capt. Kara Thrace:)

Thanks for posting for me Pooks! :D You actually did that better than I would... :P

Oh anyone could do that little brother:P

Yes, indeed, Pooks deserves a big round of applause, cookies, and of course, TONS of hugs. :D

Lots of huggles for Pookey:D and cookies:)

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/stargate-universe-franchise-fans-vs.html?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4cdd801d7f733a81%2C0#ixzz155q1Jd9n

I know this is off topic, but I'm so pissed off by this that I thought I'd share. What a jackass. :mckay:

I'm sorry for not posting, MR, but I'm ill with bronchitis and not only are my lungs full of ick, but my head is too. I can't spend much time at the 'puter without getting a headache at the mo, plus I ain't certain what to do with Carson either? To make matters worse, this weekend I will be away from the internet. Completely. :o Yes, even in the 21st century there are pockets of civilisation without it. :P

Wow, he really blames us???? Why, if peeps don't like it, they don't like it. But meh, I haven't been able to watch it so I can't say:o

Just get well Isy that's all we ask and someone will look after Carson for you:)

Ryn
November 12th, 2010, 12:58 PM
It took me a while to get into SGU as well, but I do like it. :) It's got good stuff, people just need to give it a chance. I think it took me about six, seven episodes to "get" it. :o
But the fact that the producer says stuff like that... well, I guess bureaucracy gets everywhere. Fans hurt them? Gee well, their big pay checks gotta come from somewhere... :rolleyes:

Mel - got any NPC that you want someone - me :rolleyes: - to play? I'm a little bored. :o

Trillian52
November 12th, 2010, 01:41 PM

What an extraordinary claim especially given the statement that they were looking for a change of direction and a new demographic. I've tried watching both seasons of SGU but it simply never captured my imagination. I like my scifi not to take itself too seriously like SGA, Farscape & Firefly.

Hope you feel better soon Iz! :)

RogueRanger
November 12th, 2010, 01:58 PM
It took me a while to get into SGU as well, but I do like it. :) It's got good stuff, people just need to give it a chance. I think it took me about six, seven episodes to "get" it. :o
But the fact that the producer says stuff like that... well, I guess bureaucracy gets everywhere. Fans hurt them? Gee well, their big pay checks gotta come from somewhere... :rolleyes:

Mel - got any NPC that you want someone - me :rolleyes: - to play? I'm a little bored. :o
:lol: Yes, um sorry about dad's slowness with Sheppard. I'll poke him and see if he can post from work. As for NPC's see my post to SQ^^:D

What an extraordinary claim especially given the statement that they were looking for a change of direction and a new demographic. I've tried watching both seasons of SGU but it simply never captured my imagination. I like my scifi not to take itself too seriously like SGA, Farscape & Firefly.

Hope you feel better soon Iz! :)

Yepper Trilly, but I think we should um, keep any SGU stuff to ourself, it's been a bit of a touchy subject on GW lately. Oh where's Toddy:sam43:

Aragon101
November 12th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Just to lighten the mood...

Nom Nom Nom!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs494.ash2/76702_455634693284_514653284_5710725_4645753_n.jpg

That is my iPad behind the sandwich, just something to show you the size difference ;p

Ryn
November 13th, 2010, 02:49 AM
OMG! That must have like a gazillion calories... :eek:

the club sandwich, not the iPad. :o

I'm jealous of said pad, but am thinking of getting meself a Kindle for Christmas.... :/ and maybe a nice new relax sofa to read it in lol...

Princess Awinita
November 13th, 2010, 08:36 AM
*happy dances*

squirrely1
November 13th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Nom Nom Nom!
[IG]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs494.ash2/76702_455634693284_514653284_5710725_4645753_n.jpg[/IMG]

That is my iPad behind the sandwich, just something to show you the size difference ;p

Show off!! :mckay:

*eats ipad* Whoops! :eek: :P

Ryn
November 14th, 2010, 05:30 AM
if anyone's waiting on me for Teyla and Ronon - please go ahead and post, I don't really need to add anything right now. :o
They'll go along :P just have them stand on the platform with you.

RogueRanger
November 14th, 2010, 10:06 AM

Nom Nom Nom!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs494.ash2/76702_455634693284_514653284_5710725_4645753_n.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk That looks gorgeous...the food not the Ipad, not a techy:P

OMG! That must have like a gazillion calories... :eek:

the club sandwich, not the iPad. :o

I'm jealous of said pad, but am thinking of getting meself a Kindle for Christmas.... :/ and maybe a nice new relax sofa to read it in lol...

Yep that would be me:lol:

*happy dances*

*joins in dance* btw why are we dancing????:sam43:

Show off!! :mckay:

*eats ipad* Whoops! :eek: :P

*glomps* Hi Aunty Q:D

if anyone's waiting on me for Teyla and Ronon - please go ahead and post, I don't really need to add anything right now. :o
They'll go along :P just have them stand on the platform with you.

Teyla should say something wise like, "ok I'll go, if only to watch you men so you don't gte into trouble.." Or something like that Ryn, I know she would;)

squirrely1
November 14th, 2010, 01:11 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkk That looks gorgeous...the food not the Ipad, not a techy:P

Yep that would be me:lol:

*glomps* Hi Aunty Q:D

Teyla should say something wise like, "ok I'll go, if only to watch you men so you don't gte into trouble.." Or something like that Ryn, I know she would;)

Hey Mel! :) Ok so it may be a little tricky for Vala and Daniel to get those crates of weapons to the LA prisoners. But we'll figure something out. Maybe we can break free a few strong guys and have them help get the crates to the people...it will take some careful planning tho....to not be seen or caught by the LA.... :S :S

puddlejumperOZ
November 14th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Morning Q (Bond's Voice):P

It won't be so hard, once you have made your disappearance from the main group and regained the Tel'tak. Simply make a cloaked pass over the prisoner camp and open the door. Daniel can push the crates out as you wouldn't have to be very high. The guards if any would be around the perimeter, so you'd only need to hover over the centre of the camp, then land the craft a short safe distance away;)

Ryn
November 14th, 2010, 01:46 PM

*sigh* ok just a really short one so your dad won't have as much to catch up on ;) off to zzz in a bit anyhoo. :mckay:

Isolde
November 14th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, all. :) It's amazing what a monster course of antibiotics, pain killers and booze can do. :P *raises hand* I know, I know, booze not good, but the ethanol is in the cough linctus, even though I'd rather it was in a shot glass. :D

puddlejumperOZ
November 14th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Would you believe Issy I've had sailors on my watch that I've had to send to a shrink because they've got themselves hooked on cough medicine. Works a treat though as a booze subsititute. I rather Port meself though;)

And thank you Ryn.:D My fault entirely for not being here as oft as I should or could be:eek:

Princess Awinita
November 14th, 2010, 05:29 PM
*stops happy dancing, curls up on a sofa and is ready to cry*

I have good news and bad news, I finished Nanowrimo

puddlejumperOZ
November 14th, 2010, 06:12 PM
The bad news is Tae lost her USB drive, the one with all the dirty photos on it:eek:

Princess Awinita
November 14th, 2010, 06:28 PM
The bad news is Tae lost her USB drive, the one with all the dirty photos on it:eek:
*decks the Admiral* annjounce it to the world why don't ya? But yes, I did lose my 8 GB flashdrive, I have two of them, a 8G and a 2G, the 2G is on my keyring, so i always have it on me, the 8G, doesn't even have a keywire loop on it.

It is so important that i'm loosing sleep because of it

pookey
November 14th, 2010, 07:14 PM
have you tried the sofa? i dont mean in your usb port, usually the sofa eats eveything:S

Aragon101
November 14th, 2010, 07:29 PM
8gigs of what? Personal or Business?

RogueRanger
November 14th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Oh yeah I lose everything there:P I think my brains seeped down behind the cushions ages ago:eek:

pookey
November 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
:eek: you now have a sentient sofa...cool:p does it hog the remote?:D

Vagabond Serpent
November 14th, 2010, 07:53 PM
:lol: to the last 4 posts, excluding Aragon's. :P

RogueRanger
November 14th, 2010, 08:36 PM
:eek: you now have a sentient sofa...cool:p does it hog the remote?:D

Yes in fact it does:eek: I have to have spare ones everywhere:sam43:

:lol: to the last 4 posts, excluding Aragon's. :P

:lol: Indeed, yep:P

Vagabond Serpent
November 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Apollo says sorry to everyone and that he'll post tomorrow. Ah, yes, he's still in Sunday. :P

Oranos
November 14th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Ah, yes, he's still in Sunday. :P

Does that really need to be said? :rolleyes: :p

Vagabond Serpent
November 14th, 2010, 09:35 PM
yes, 'cause my tomorrow is tuesday. :rolleyes:

squirrely1
November 14th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Morning Q (Bond's Voice):P

It won't be so hard, once you have made your disappearance from the main group and regained the Tel'tak. Simply make a cloaked pass over the prisoner camp and open the door. Daniel can push the crates out as you wouldn't have to be very high. The guards if any would be around the perimeter, so you'd only need to hover over the centre of the camp, then land the craft a short safe distance away;)

Oh very well ...... :P
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/qjbrvbqtlc--This-tape-will-self-destructMission-Impossible-Coleman-Popular-

Isolde
November 15th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Would you believe Issy I've had sailors on my watch that I've had to send to a shrink because they've got themselves hooked on cough medicine. Works a treat though as a booze subsititute. I rather Port meself though;)

Oh I can believe it. There used to be an over the counter med in the UK called J Collis Compound, which was withdrawn because it had more than a healthy amount of morphine in the recipe. And, of course, old fashioned Kaolin and Morphine is rather frowned on these days as a way to stop the backdoor-bolt (aka diarrhoea).

Port is good, but I'm a gin drinker outta choice. You gotta love that mother's ruin, and I am, apparently, a ruined mother, but as I blame the daughters for it, it all works out in the end. ;) :P :D

Btw, I posted. Hope it's up to scratch. :D

Ryn
November 15th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah, your posts are always great. *hugs*

You feeling better Izzy? With all that incomprehensible meds-n-booze talk... :P

Isolde
November 15th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Yeah, your posts are always great. *hugs*

You feeling better Izzy? With all that incomprehensible meds-n-booze talk... :P

Thanks, doll. :D Yeah, feeling much more the thing, though still hacking up gobbets of lung. :P Meds-n-booze are bad, m'kay, especially together. ;)

Princess Awinita
November 15th, 2010, 08:35 AM
8gigs of what? Personal or Business?
Both, It is so important that I'm loosing sleep over it

puddlejumperOZ
November 15th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Oh very well ...... :P
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/qjbrvbqtlc--This-tape-will-self-destructMission-Impossible-Coleman-Popular-

Strangely, that was very funny:lol:

Oh I can believe it. There used to be an over the counter med in the UK called J Collis Compound, which was withdrawn because it had more than a healthy amount of morphine in the recipe. And, of course, old fashioned Kaolin and Morphine is rather frowned on these days as a way to stop the backdoor-bolt (aka diarrhoea).

Port is good, but I'm a gin drinker outta choice. You gotta love that mother's ruin, and I am, apparently, a ruined mother, but as I blame the daughters for it, it all works out in the end. ;) :P :D

Btw, I posted. Hope it's up to scratch. :D

Well Issy, it's all booze in the end ain't it. Hope each day makes you better:)

Both, It is so important that I'm loosing sleep over it

Nothing like that Tae is worth losing sleep over. As long as you wake up each day, life is good:)

squirrely1
November 16th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Strangely, that was very funny:lol:

Well Issy, it's all booze in the end ain't it. Hope each day makes you better:)

Nothing like that Tae is worth losing sleep over. As long as you wake up each day, life is good:)

Did you expect anything less from me Ray? :P *giggles* Now I just need to remember those important mission tips cuz well the tape is gone now :eek: :P

RogueRanger
November 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM
^that's cos you self destructed Vala..er Aunty, too much gin and tonics:sam43:

So far we have only two pilots for the LA mission, it's going to be a short battle. Come everyone step up to the muster, we need at least six players out there. Ryn has done a little bio here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?78023-Stargate-New-Seasons-NPC-bio-s-and-discussion-thread

Thanx Ryn:D and I want everyone to do the same, that's an order:sam43:

RogueRanger
November 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM
^that's cos you self destructed Vala..er Aunty, too much gin and tonics:sam43:

So far we have only two pilots for the LA mission, it's going to be a short battle. Come everyone step up to the muster, we need at least six players out there. Ryn has done a little bio here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?78023-Stargate-New-Seasons-NPC-bio-s-and-discussion-thread

Thanx Ryn:D and I want everyone to do the same, that's an order:sam43:

Ryn
November 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I would post for my pilot... but I need a little background first. :o

so once I got that, I'll try and post. :)

RogueRanger
November 16th, 2010, 12:42 PM
So far, the Admiral is in mid flight on his way to the Daedy, when he lands he will speak to all the pilots from both ships. After that the Hammond pilots will return to the Hammond and their fighters (via beaming)and launch on a command from Sam. The mission for the fighters will be 1/ to protect Vala's ship on their entry and then to make sure that no LA Gliders leave. but of course it won't be that simple:lol:

Ryn
November 16th, 2010, 12:55 PM
No, I meant on what my pilot would actually be doing before, but I pm'd your dear dad about it earlier too, so hope to get some form of nice answer :)
Off to zzz now, I'm really really sleepy!

RogueRanger
November 16th, 2010, 01:15 PM
O-o Um...yeah well dad would know that I guess. He's got all that stuff in his head, I think he has airplane fuel for blood :D

Nighty night Ryn *hugz*:)

puddlejumperOZ
November 16th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Indeed I do:jack_new15:

And to Mel's earlier point, come on guys front up with your G-siuts otherwise the mission is going to an extremely brief sorte:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
November 16th, 2010, 09:19 PM
OK, Mel, you're asking for it, I'll borrow either Grasshopper or Maestro tempers from "Only «Old Men» Are Going to Battle" and move remastered version in 2011. :P

RogueRanger
November 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I was thinking more of top gun, meets the three stooges:lol:

Ryn
November 16th, 2010, 11:47 PM
hehe, well I posted, haven't figured out call signs yet but I'm thinking it'll be Goose (for Connor) and Maverick for Frank :P :P Yep, Top Gun :P

squirrely1
November 17th, 2010, 03:13 AM
No, I meant on what my pilot would actually be doing before, but I pm'd your dear dad about it earlier too, so hope to get some form of nice answer :)
Off to zzz now, I'm really really sleepy!

Indeed I do:jack_new15:

And to Mel's earlier point, come on guys front up with your G-siuts otherwise the mission is going to an extremely brief sorte:eek:

I want to be "Starbreaker" :P I just think Starbuck would be too cheesey :P But I"m hung up on the bio as well. I'm not so good with the military history stuff :eek: But I"ll spin some jazz (BS) and hopefully enough will stick. :D And I'm sort of lost as to what thread we post in for these pilots.... Daedalus?

Vagabond Serpent
November 17th, 2010, 04:08 AM
I was thinking more of top gun, meets the three stooges:lol:

I have no idea what's the top gun, but that was and is a good movie about fighters. :D

By way, I concur where to post? and can I've two NPCs, both Grasshopper (he was Junior Lieutenant in the movie) and Maestro (Captain)? :D

Ryn
November 17th, 2010, 05:58 AM
According to PJ every pilot has a wingman - whatever that means I don't know (do they ride in the back? do they have a second plane?) but hey :rolleyes: - so I guess you can have two npc's. Well, I did, so...

And yeah it confluffles me too as to why we are posting in the Deady thread where my npc is supposed to be CAG of the Hammie? :S

PJ???? HELP?
Pleez, your comrades are getting mightily confluffled conf...ah heck, we've got not a single clue what's goin' on. :mckay:

;) :lol:

squirrely1
November 17th, 2010, 08:42 AM
According to PJ every pilot has a wingman - whatever that means I don't know (do they ride in the back? do they have a second plane?) but hey :rolleyes: - so I guess you can have two npc's. Well, I did, so...

And yeah it confluffles me too as to why we are posting in the Deady thread where my npc is supposed to be CAG of the Hammie? :S

PJ???? HELP?
Pleez, your comrades are getting mightily confluffled conf...ah heck, we've got not a single clue what's goin' on. :mckay:

;) :lol:

Oh it very well may be the Hammie Ryn.... I just mentioned the Deady thinking maybe that was the one....but I just don't know and a wingman?? :eek: *faints* X.X Yeah the 302's are two seaters so is the guy in the back the wingman? :S :S I think we need a briefing on this and stat.

Also another little wrench to throw into the ever increasing wrench pile :P What bout NPCing the LA gliders or whatever? I mean is someone going to do that? We def need some LA brutes to be NPC'd too! :P :D

RogueRanger
November 17th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Morning and hugs:D

Oki I talked with Dad long last night, he drew pictures and all. But I can explain it here.

First all the pilots from both ships are on the Daedalus, the Hammie pilots having beamed over for the briefing. So we have in effect 32 pilots there. As we don't have any where near enough people and as we saw in the later Atlantis episodes, the 302's where flown solo, that is pilot only. A wingman is your buddy, that is there are always two planes as a part of a flight of four. Each flight has a leader, wingman and two others, they fly into combat in formations like the points of a diamond, with one in front, two in the middle and one at the rear.

So we have, pilots only no second seat.
All the pilots from both ships are presently on the Daedy
Ryn is the CAG or boss of the Hammond Squadron, which is Blue Sqn, the Daedy Sqn is Red

We'll work the rest out when dad is here I guess:eek:

Ryn
November 17th, 2010, 01:05 PM
OK - well that will have to be in my morning - off to zzz again in a little while - posted as Frank, this sure is fun, thinking up new stuff. Haven't done this in a while! :D
And Mel I know you want to play but next time give me at least the chance to reply before you rush up to someone else please and thank you? :)

RogueRanger
November 17th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Oh phht, hehhehehe sorry Ryn, it was a tactical withdrawal, I didn't want Frank to get fresh:sam43:

Ryn
November 17th, 2010, 01:30 PM
:lol: really hahaha :rolleyes:
heh, I think I picked a fine actor for him; just need to find a similar great-looking guy for Connor :eek:
night guys, I's off :P

RogueRanger
November 17th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah I saw :lol: "Bond, James Bond!" hehhehehe

well thats obvious Ryn....http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/actors_films_images/top_gun_maverick_tom_cruise_suited.jpg

nighty night Ryn:) *hugz*

Ryn
November 17th, 2010, 11:30 PM
uhum, yeah, maybe a little too obvious :rolleyes:... ummm ... *gets thinking cap on*

ok, this is Connor:

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/movies/profiles/ewan-mcgregor.jpg

:D

I'll edit the bio I posted to include the wingman as well. :o

squirrely1
November 18th, 2010, 04:33 AM
I need a wingman.... *thinks thinks* :P

pookey
November 18th, 2010, 04:37 AM
i apologise in advance for my crappy little posts, i appear to be slowly eroding away any reputations these poor guys may have had:o

Ryn
November 18th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Awwww don't worry pooks it was good :D *hugz*

SQ- there's wings on the Hammie? :eek:
I'm so clueless on these things it's not even funny, so please forgive any mistakes my boys make IC :P

squirrely1
November 18th, 2010, 08:01 AM

I'm so clueless on these things it's not even funny, so please forgive any mistakes my boys make IC :P

What do you mean? No I think they moved all the pilots to the Deady....last I heard....so we'll be flying pilots from the Deady. Is that not what is happening? :S :S

Ryn
November 18th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Eh, never mind, I freaked, I'll work it out. :o

RogueRanger
November 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM

What do you mean? No I think they moved all the pilots to the Deady....last I heard....so we'll be flying pilots from the Deady. Is that not what is happening? :S :S

Eh, never mind, I freaked, I'll work it out. :o

This is so hard without a guiding hand. Dad was supposed to be home yesterday but now he won't be back until maybe today:eek:

I have some notes I got from Rick, if he was here he could help, but he's a bit put off by something that bothered him on GW and he won't say but anyway he gave me this on the phone and I hope I wrote it right, my writing sux:S

A Wing is a fighter or bomber Group made up of Squadrons and the they are broken down into Flights or elements. But we wont worry about that. For our purpose, Hammonds fighter wing is Blue, and her two squadrons (8 planes each) are Alpha Blue and Delta Blue.

Daedalus is Red wing, and she has Echo Red and Lima Red sqds.

The CAG is the Boss of each wing and then there are Sqdn leaders usually a Major, he or she will have and XO who is generally a Captain or senior (read veteran) 1st Lt.

Oh and I have to say sorry to both Ryn and Aunty Suze, cos I confused you both. I posted that Ange was from the Hammond but in Suze bio Karina knows her from the Daedy, so simple fix, Ange is on loan to the Daedy and has for some time. Ryn one of your guys can make a rude comment to her about "coming" down in the world being with the Daedy Red "dogs" :lol:

Aunty Pooks, you are doing great and always funny as well, keep it up:D

squirrely1
November 18th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Maybe we need a list of who is in each squadron somewhere :eek: I just need to know where (Karina) Is at and where she is flying off from. The Deady or the Hammie. :S Sorry maybe I'm just dense. I get the whole squadron set up and stuff it's just who is where is what has me confused.

RogueRanger
November 18th, 2010, 12:40 PM
We will I guess once all the bios are in and any guests we can have here:D

Ok, all the Hammond pilots were beamed over for the purpose of the briefing with the Admiral, I might have to NPC him just to keep it going for today and answer Ryn's post. Once the briefing is over, the Hammond Pilots will return to the Hammond and fly from her:D

Ryn
November 18th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I know, I've been waiting, but no worries ... :)

puddlejumperOZ
November 18th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Good morning people. I'm here but not here. I have about thirty minutes to post and then I'm gone. So I'll do my best. Ryn and SQ I know I have PM's from you and I'll try and get to them asap but possibly not today.

Mel you and the rest are doing well. We'll work out the finer points as we go, so don't worry everything will be shipshape:D

Ryn
November 19th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Right, um, if anyone saw that last post I made in Deady thread ... I deleted it again, felt it was way too over the top. :o back to thinking. :P

RogueRanger
November 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM
We're going like a house on fire, good job everyone. I'll be back later today, my first day of working and earning money:D

Ryn
November 22nd, 2010, 01:47 AM
Just one more question... do 302's have cloaks like the jumpers? :S

Isolde
November 22nd, 2010, 02:10 AM

Don't believe so. I don't recall seeing them have any, though that could be a smart new adaptation that could be used sometime. :D

Ryn
November 22nd, 2010, 02:17 AM
Possibly. :D

I'll post for Ronon & Teyla asap, need PJ to answer a question first... :S

Aragon101
November 22nd, 2010, 08:48 AM
302s don't have cloaks, neither does any 304 except for Odyssey.

It's weird given that they've had access to Goa'uld cloaking devices for a long time. I wouldn't be against a cloaking device attachment.

I do have issues with rearming the 302 with overpowered weapons though. I think of them like F-4 Phantoms in that they can have some heavy armament, but they aren't made for long term engagements. it's more of an interceptor than an actual strike fighter since nothing it has can take on capital ships.

My thinking of the F-4 Phantom is along hte lines of hte gunpods they attached to them in Vietname given the number of dogfights it got into. In Fait Accompli, the 302s have a "plasma" pod which gives them a limited number of plasma shots (not a full beam, but enough to take down Al'kesh and medical attacks on hata'sk and larger :tealc: )

Question, are any 302s going to be destroyed?

RogueRanger
November 22nd, 2010, 09:44 AM

Not at this point I don't believe they do, but a lot of Stargate Fic writers have them, as our fighters are only going to be fighter vs fighter it's not really necessary and I think cloaking sort of makes for a kind of uberness SG1 or Atlantis only gave us with Alien techy. Reverse engineering might be possible if we could get Sam and Doc Lee/ McKAy working on it:lol:

Don't believe so. I don't recall seeing them have any, though that could be a smart new adaptation that could be used sometime. :D

Yep, maybe see how the Jumper cloak works:D

Possibly. :D

I'll post for Ronon & Teyla asap, need PJ to answer a question first... :S

I can call him if you like Ryn, but he won't be online for another hour or so:)

302s don't have cloaks, neither does any 304 except for Odyssey.

It's weird given that they've had access to Goa'uld cloaking devices for a long time. I wouldn't be against a cloaking device attachment.

I do have issues with rearming the 302 with overpowered weapons though. I think of them like F-4 Phantoms in that they can have some heavy armament, but they aren't made for long term engagements. it's more of an interceptor than an actual strike fighter since nothing it has can take on capital ships.

My thinking of the F-4 Phantom is along hte lines of hte gunpods they attached to them in Vietname given the number of dogfights it got into. In Fait Accompli, the 302s have a "plasma" pod which gives them a limited number of plasma shots (not a full beam, but enough to take down Al'kesh and medical attacks on hata'sk and larger :tealc: )

Question, are any 302s going to be destroyed?

Oh..don't they already have some kind of gun? I thought in the Atlantis versions they did later on?????

Yes of course, we'll be running two full wings, 16 from each 304, so we'll just NPC the losers:D

Ryn
November 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
:eek: no need to call, I can wait! :D off to watch tv for a while. :)

RogueRanger
November 22nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
:o I alrady did, he's online now..just for you Ryn:sam43:

Ryn
November 22nd, 2010, 12:48 PM
thankyou :o :o you shouldn't have :P

heh, I enjoyed that last Atlantis bit. :D There might be more down the hall... I doubt that was the only 'nest'. :eek:

'night gang! :D

RogueRanger
November 22nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
I use to play a game called Never Winter Nights but i had to stop playing cos it gave me nightmares, too many creepy things around every corner:eek: :o

Night Ryn:)

Apollodragon
November 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
I hope my post made some sort of since. I needed some caffeine (so I can stay awake in class) so I grabbed a Redbull and for some reason it has made me go all wacko. I have never had this happen with a energy drink.

RogueRanger
November 22nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
*waves at^* Hi Apollo:) It'll be ok, none of us making much sense at the moment. Oh did you see my post earlier about NPC pilots for the Daedalus thread?:D

Princess Awinita
November 22nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
and like Mel mentions about NPC pilots needed i'm making one, so far all I got is his name... Rufis

Vagabond Serpent
November 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
I use to play a game called Never Winter Nights but i had to stop playing cos it gave me nightmares, too many creepy things around every corner:eek: :o

Wow... :weiranime33:

puddlejumperOZ
November 22nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Mel was in fact banned from playing that game, she used to wake up at night crying, We're having a Gathering of Eagles it would seem on the Daedalus;)