Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for asking me if I would play Keller, and I'm certainly interested, but like a number of others I also need some idea of the storyline and so on. I'm also interested in writing Todd, because I do, if I say so myself, have him nailed.

The only thing I want to know, and I get that I'm in the minority, is if this is going to be a kill-fest for the Wraith, or whether there is going to be a plot that does not necessarily involve huge guns? I can write tech, but when all it is is space battle, firing off rounds of ammo, or gung-ho heroics, I get a bit bogged down. A story is nothing without an emotional element.

On that note, do you have a writer for the prologue?
    sigpic

Comment

I'd like to have a go at playing but I've never done this sort of thing before. Sadly the character I've written most in my fanfics is Todd (yes I know, I need to broaden my repertoire) so since Iz has been invited to write for him, I'll just sit it out and enjoy the story.
      Last edited by Trillian52; 02 August 2010, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
        Thanks for asking me if I would play Keller, and I'm certainly interested, but like a number of others I also need some idea of the storyline and so on. I'm also interested in writing Todd, because I do, if I say so myself, have him nailed.

The only thing I want to know, and I get that I'm in the minority, is if this is going to be a kill-fest for the Wraith, or whether there is going to be a plot that does not necessarily involve huge guns? I can write tech, but when all it is is space battle, firing off rounds of ammo, or gung-ho heroics, I get a bit bogged down. A story is nothing without an emotional element.

Speaking.

The storyline is in the process of being worked out (i've been trading emails and witty comebacks with RR all night)

in the end the story is up to her as it's her RPG, but my consultation has been productive i'd say as the first "plot" that will arise is mostly worked out (at least that's what i gathered)

As far as Atlantis and the Wraith...
        Spoiler:
        It is definitely being considered, but the Wraith may not be the only element in Pegasus. I'll be honest, i've never been a fan of allying with the Wraith, Even Todd. It just feels too much like Atlantis are a bunch of chumps who fall int ohis plans or are just used by him.

The SG-1 story is coming along nicely, and the Atlantis story will likely move back to Pegasus fast. We'll see what happens
        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

One last thing before i go to bed...

I'm pretty sure it's okay if i say this, but the SG-1 story is going to be more or less based on the "Fait Accompli" collab i'm working on with several other writers. While the initial premise is similar, There will be alot of differences and much more 'variety' so to speak. I've started to sdraw up a "timeline" with 'random events' that the players will have to contend with when it happens

As far as Atlantis, Well i still haven't worked that out with RR, but i do know she wants to head back there. As i've said, Todd should still be on Atlantis as of EATG so i don't see why he wouldn't be around.

And to allay concerns, no, as far as myself personally am concerned, this isn't going to juts be a blood and guts and gore and shoot em all and let god sort em out story I'm quite teh fan of intrigue and more 'cerebral" (I use that term very very lightly) dramatic stuff. If you've read my stuff you'll know this .

Just ask RR, i've been arguing quite a bit about a few deets i'm not so sure on I'm sure i've been a bigger pain in the ass than the tack someone left on her chair.
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Yes we do Issy and we'll be happy for you to do Keller. Thank you

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
            I'd like to have a go at playing but I've never done this sort of thing before. Sadly the character I've written most in my fanfics is Todd (yes I know, I need to broaden my repertoire) so since Iz has been invited to write for him, I'll just sit it out and enjoy the story.
            Trill could you and Issy work something out. We would prefer for players to have only one main character and an OC, so Todd is still available.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
              Speaking.

The storyline is in the process of being worked out (i've been trading emails and witty comebacks with RR all night)

in the end the story is up to her as it's her RPG, but my consultation has been productive i'd say as the first "plot" that will arise is mostly worked out (at least that's what i gathered)

As far as Atlantis and the Wraith...
              Spoiler:
              It is definitely being considered, but the Wraith may not be the only element in Pegasus. I'll be honest, i've never been a fan of allying with the Wraith, Even Todd. It just feels too much like Atlantis are a bunch of chumps who fall int ohis plans or are just used by him.

The SG-1 story is coming along nicely, and the Atlantis story will likely move back to Pegasus fast. We'll see what happens
              I take your point about the Wraith and certainly about Todd, as he truly is Machiavellian, but... and you will pardon me, I hope, as this is my take though it's likely shared by the WDC. Todd is the leader of the Wraith Alliance, and a very powerful figure - no argument there, methinks. However, in Spoils of War, he quite clearly stated he was there to destroy 'the Wraith', which is interesting given that he's Wraith himself. And we know full well he used Teyla to wheedle his way back to the top.

Agreed again, that he has his own agenda, but this is how I see it... Todd needs Earth more than Earth needs Todd, and that's why he agreed to undergo the treatment. He IS honourable, in his way, but he wants his people to survive, and is a pragmatist. Do you not think that while he might attempt to manoeuver humans, that they'll see through him? Yes, there's no doubt that galactic domination is something he would quite happily consider, but he also has a bond with Sheppard that runs deep.

That's my two'pennorth on the Wraith, anyhoo.

And then there are the Genii...
              sigpic

Comment

I take your point about the Wraith and certainly about Todd, as he truly is Machiavellian, but... and you will pardon me, I hope, as this is my take though it's likely shared by the WDC. Todd is the leader of the Wraith Alliance, and a very powerful figure - no argument there, methinks. However, in Spoils of War, he quite clearly stated he was there to destroy 'the Wraith', which is interesting given that he's Wraith himself. And we know full well he used Teyla to wheedle his way back to the top.

Agreed again, that he has his own agenda, but this is how I see it... Todd needs Earth more than Earth needs Todd, and that's why he agreed to undergo the treatment. He IS honourable, in his way, but he wants his people to survive, and is a pragmatist. Do you not think that while he might attempt to manoeuver humans, that they'll see through him? Yes, there's no doubt that galactic domination is something he would quite happily consider, but he also has a bond with Sheppard that runs deep.

That's my two'pennorth on the Wraith, anyhoo.

And then there are the Genii...
                Off-topic about Todd.

Spoiler:
                'The Queen" and "Lost Tribe" pretty much sold me on the idea that Todd has an aura which makes every human around him have hte intellect of a steamed cabbage. Machiavellian is fine, i love Machiavellian Todd, but not when it makes the Atlantis Expedition look like they wear dunce hats.

And Kenny stole the Alliance from Todd. Would they accept him back so readily after they find out he assisted Earth, taking away their new feeding ground?

That being said, the Atlantis story will definitely involve teh Wraith and Todd

Speaking of which.... the 'timeline' and story should be coming out later today SG-1's story at that, Atlantis' story will take me a little longer but the Wraith will definitely be involved, Todd in particular.

Comment

I agree absolutely with you Issy. And the Genii, I still don't trust them, I think they should be factional, with some of those who followed Acastus Kolya forming a Lucian Alliance type group.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                    Off-topic about Todd.

Spoiler:
                    'The Queen" and "Lost Tribe" pretty much sold me on the idea that Todd has an aura which makes every human around him have hte intellect of a steamed cabbage. Machiavellian is fine, i love Machiavellian Todd, but not when it makes the Atlantis Expedition look like they wear dunce hats.

And Kenny stole the Alliance from Todd. Would they accept him back so readily after they find out he assisted Earth, taking away their new feeding ground?

That being said, the Atlantis story will definitely involve teh Wraith and Todd

Speaking of which.... the 'timeline' and story should be coming out later today SG-1's story at that, Atlantis' story will take me a little longer but the Wraith will definitely be involved, Todd in particular.
                    Whoa I'm getting giddy with the excitement,, yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                      Whoa I'm getting giddy with the excitement,, yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaawwwwwwwwwww
                      I'll assume you read my PM?

Comment

Holy **** guys that is spectacular, I can't wait. How soon can we see the premise?

Comment

Originally posted by Weedle View Post
                          Holy **** guys that is spectacular, I can't wait. How soon can we see the premise?
                          How about now? (At least hte SG-1 Side of things)

We've hammered down the SG-1 story, and the Atlantis story will hopefully be worked out today as well

Timeline: After SGU Season 1 (You will not need to know much about SGU to play, this is SG-1, not SGU, everything you need to know is in the link below)

Premise: With the Icarus Base destroyed, the SGC began to increase their raids on the Lucian Alliance. Atlantis is still on Earth but soon to leave. The discovery of the LA infiltration on Earth has caused a stir though, and while problems on Earth surmount, the galaxy is still a dangerous place full of amazing things to explore, and discover... and some things that aren't expected...

The story begins with Fait Accompli Chapter 1 and will move on with Atlantis taking off, leaving the SGC back at NORAD and the Pentagon. Due to the events of the raid on the Lucian Alliance outpost, the SGC now knows that the LA are infiltrated into corporations on Earth.

In order to help bolster their ranks, and begin a world wide secret investigation, many recruits are pulled from Federal Policing agencies, militaries, as well as Secret Service organizations.

The RPGing will begin with the SGC reacting to the news of the LA on Earth. While some aspects of Fait are being used, the two are separate stories.

Confirmed threads are...

1.) Investigating the LA presence on Earth. (Jack, Mac, and many OCs being introduced to SGC should start here.)
                          2.) Sending infiltration teams to allied planets to seek out whether the LA are trying to get involved there.
                          3.) Sam and SG-1 defending a mining facility from an LA attack.
                          3.) More to come Random Events will happen with time.

On a personal note, I, Aragon101, won't be around too much, but i'll be working in the background methinks

Comment

That looks very smart Sam. I think you've got it quite well sorted out. Mel should create a new thread for you to post in, or at least if you sent her the finished product she will be able to start it off and let the game begin.
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Very nice start to all of this

Comment

That's what you get when you pick a great team

I hope you've got your Cam lines down pat, Foley. he's going to be very busy soon

Comment

Working...
                                X