PDA

View Full Version : Stargate New Seasons : OOC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Ryn
August 27th, 2010, 12:38 PM
McKay isn't the easiest character to write for.... snide comments are hard to come up with I suppose! :)

pookey
August 27th, 2010, 12:39 PM
oooh i dont know about that:D i can be very sarcastic;):p

Ryn
August 27th, 2010, 12:41 PM
ah well, you take him on then, I saw some of it already it was good, I guess the others will help with the tech stuff :o

pookey
August 27th, 2010, 01:16 PM
i do hope so, or im screwed:S and thanks:D

puddlejumperOZ
August 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Make sure you use a washer with that screw Pooks:P

It'll be a-ok, there is plenty of techophiles on the other threads I post in, so help will be at hand:)

Ryn you're up:D

puddlejumperOZ
August 27th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Question time folks, how does Sheppard address Woolsey? Does he call him Richard, or Woolsey or Mr Woolsey??????

Isolde
August 27th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Question time folks, how does Sheppard address Woolsey? Does he call him Richard, or Woolsey or Mr Woolsey??????

He looks at him, and talks, mostly. I think he would go for Richard, actually, and only be formal when he had to. :P

squirrely1
August 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I think I remember Shep referring to Woolsey as Woolsey....I don't think he would call him Richard.... Dick maybe :lol:

Isolde
August 27th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I think I remember Shep referring to Woolsey as Woolsey....I don't think he would call him Richard.... Dick maybe :lol:

Referred, yes, but to his face, nah. :D

I can see him calling him 'Dick', for sure. :D :D But, possibly, only in a moment of pique, as it's not terribly professional.

squirrely1
August 27th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Referred, yes, but to his face, nah. :D

I can see him calling him 'Dick', for sure. :D :D But, possibly, only in a moment of pique, as it's not terribly professional.

yeah I agree...that is why I said refer to him vs. call him. I just don't really remember.....and now my curiosity is up. :S

Aragon101
August 27th, 2010, 04:53 PM
So it took me awhile to find out, but i did indeed get the job and will be able to play a small role in the coming weeks.

I was considering playing a Lucian Alliance character. What do y'all think? It'd be a small role but i'd be able to give the other side some perspective as well :)

puddlejumperOZ
August 27th, 2010, 05:15 PM
That would help a lot Sam, giving both sides of the plot. You could also NPC a random character on any of the other missions where you might see fit. I added an airman on the Hammond, simply standing out of Cam's way a saying nothing but "Sir" it's add's to the reality. After all a character wouldn't be walking from A to B unless the place he was at had been completely deserted. That's a message for all our players as well. On a ship or base, a village or anywhere, a random NPC goes a long way to adding the feel to everything. Just as you would see Siler pass Jack or someone in the SGC.:)

Apollodragon
August 27th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Have a good weekend PJ

Apollodragon
August 27th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Wow it seems like people other then me have a life today.

pookey
August 27th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Question time folks, how does Sheppard address Woolsey? Does he call him Richard, or Woolsey or Mr Woolsey??????Woolsey:p

Make sure you use a washer with that screw Pooks:P

It'll be a-ok, there is plenty of techophiles on the other threads I post in, so help will be at hand:)

Ryn you're up:Dyou bringing the screwdriver:p and thanks Puddles, im gonna need it:D

squirrely1
August 27th, 2010, 10:35 PM
So it took me awhile to find out, but i did indeed get the job and will be able to play a small role in the coming weeks.

I was considering playing a Lucian Alliance character. What do y'all think? It'd be a small role but i'd be able to give the other side some perspective as well :)

Only if Vala can go undercover and seduce him and lock him up in the closet and torture him and stuff :P *Giggles* Actually I'm not really here right now....you don't see me :eek: ..... but I saw this post and had to say that...but in all seriousness Sam...any role you play would be great....and CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW JOB!! WOOT!!! :)

Ryn
August 27th, 2010, 10:51 PM
I'm up now... gimme a moment to work out my bearings. :mckay:

Edit, right well, I posted, sorry it's long, guess Ronon wouldn't shut up. :o Also didn't want to interfere between MacGregor and Todd, since words are well just words, though if anything would have happened, I am sure Ronon would've been there in a second. :P

Oh and if someone else wants to write Shep and Woolsey arguing - feel free, I guess, but not sure what's been decided between PJ and RR about this. :)

Vagabond Serpent
August 28th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Oh... I hate weekends... Now I've to rewrite my post... :( Screw this Word. :P

Aragon101
August 28th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Only if Vala can go undercover and seduce him and lock him up in the closet and torture him and stuff :P *Giggles* Actually I'm not really here right now....you don't see me :eek: ..... but I saw this post and had to say that...but in all seriousness Sam...any role you play would be great....and CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW JOB!! WOOT!!! :)

Making double what i made before, with much much better hours and like a quarter of the physical labor :P I'm pretty blue collar, but being a computer tech for the Apple Store's direct competition kicks ass :D

As far as here, i was thinking of being "Sotero Adima", a former human servant of Ba'al who - seeing his god become more mortal - left and joined the fledgling Lucian Alliance.

Now a high ranking member, Sotero handles issues relating to Earth from a command Ha'tak. He wouldn't be at the base where the Hammond is about to attack.

I can come up with a character profile soon, just let me finish up a few little things here :)

squirrely1
August 28th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Making double what i made before, with much much better hours and like a quarter of the physical labor :P I'm pretty blue collar, but being a computer tech for the Apple Store's direct competition kicks ass :D

As far as here, i was thinking of being "Sotero Adima", a former human servant of Ba'al who - seeing his god become more mortal - left and joined the fledgling Lucian Alliance.

Now a high ranking member, Sotero handles issues relating to Earth from a command Ha'tak. He wouldn't be at the base where the Hammond is about to attack.

I can come up with a character profile soon, just let me finish up a few little things here :)

so........ I guess the whole Vala in the closet with him...and torture and stuff is out of the question? :confused: I'm just sayin' :P *giggles* :P :P

and your new job sounds SUHWEEEEEET!! ;) :D

RogueRanger
August 29th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Hello everyone:D Woolsey and Shep arguing, :eek: That will mean Dad arguing with himself, not unusual:lol: He's going to do Shep permanent now so I'll change the list.

I noticed dad's post about random NPC's and it's a good idea if you all can remember it. But here's another thing, since we're acting out RL scenarios, don't forget, we have to eat, drink and do other natural things. For instance and I'm not being rude, your character might excuse themself to go to the toilet. Or they might need to pop into medbay for an asprin or something. Just be creative I guess (but not too creative outside of PG):weiranime42:

:D

pookey
August 29th, 2010, 12:25 PM
:lol: i can just imagine Puddles arguing with himself....and losing:p

RogueRanger
August 29th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Sammy congratulations on the new job it sounds wonerful:D I'd really like to have Drake back as well:):sam: :sheppard:

Ryn
August 29th, 2010, 12:26 PM
-I'm willing to do Woolsey - given some instructions what his objections might be... :o

- they never go to the toilet on the show... so why should we bother? :lol:

pookey
August 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
they may nip behind bushs off camera:weiranime42:

squirrely1
August 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Hello everyone:D Woolsey and Shep arguing, :eek: That will mean Dad arguing with himself, not unusual:lol: He's going to do Shep permanent now so I'll change the list.

I noticed dad's post about random NPC's and it's a good idea if you all can remember it. But here's another thing, since we're acting out RL scenarios, don't forget, we have to eat, drink and do other natural things. For instance and I'm not being rude, your character might excuse themself to go to the toilet. Or they might need to pop into medbay for an asprin or something. Just be creative I guess (but not too creative outside of PG):weiranime42:

yeah like don't forget Dr.Emma Randall up in the med bay area....she may like to have a visit or two from some of the guy characters with....well .....maybe some sort of psych issues or something :P :D *giggles* :D :D I'll try to be good Mel....really I will. But you know some of her therapies may include ....well the couch for one...and possibly random psychotropic drugs and hypnosis :P

Weedle
August 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM

I'm looking forward to that, PJ or someone as Woolsey have a tiff, :cool:

-I'm willing to do Woolsey - given some instructions what his objections might be... :o

- they never go to the toilet on the show... so why should we bother? :lol:

Not entirely true, Jack had to have a pee when Sam was hiding the Alien guy in her house:P

Isolde
August 29th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Just NPC for Woolsey. :o If he's the wrong colour, my apologies, but I'm a rare female with colour blindness, and I canna tell what the hell he is, so I bunged him up as red. :rolleyes:

RogueRanger
August 29th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Any body we NPC Isy we do in red:D I have to go to class now, I'll check back a little later:sam:

Aragon101
August 29th, 2010, 03:31 PM
yeah like don't forget Dr.Emma Randall up in the med bay area....she may like to have a visit or two from some of the guy characters with....well .....maybe some sort of psych issues or something :P :D *giggles* :D :D I'll try to be good Mel....really I will. But you know some of her therapies may include ....well the couch for one...and possibly random psychotropic drugs and hypnosis :P

Given your posts, you may want to consider playing Larrin. She liked tying people up.

In any case, i'll write up Sotero's profile up once i'm done the latest chapter of my ME fic.

Weedle
August 29th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Larrin, now there's a character we need, I'll see if I can get someone maybe:D

squirrely1
August 29th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Given your posts, you may want to consider playing Larrin. She liked tying people up.

In any case, i'll write up Sotero's profile up once i'm done the latest chapter of my ME fic.

Larrin? :D Oh goody *wrings hands* :D Yeah I would like to play a bad girl....that would be fun ;) :D

Weedle
August 29th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I kind of missed seeing her, she was a good character, I read one of PJ's short stories with Larrin and John, it was um, hot:eek:

Weedle
August 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
SO where is Foley dude?????

squirrely1
August 29th, 2010, 05:21 PM
SO where is Foley dude?????

he's here....now :P

Weedle
August 29th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Yep just VM'd him:D

Vagabond Serpent
August 29th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Listen, Weedle... If you're wearing NVG and there's a flashbang explosion, it hurts your eyes even more than without it in the darkness... When we were kids, we were foolish enough to play with uncle's equipment... >.<

ETA: Nevermind, misread. :P

puddlejumperOZ
August 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I think the kid is in the reserves, he may know what to do, or not....:P

pookey
August 29th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Any body we NPC Isy we do in red:D I have to go to class now, I'll check back a little later:sam:Ooops, i didnt do Mckay in red:S but he belongs to someone, so i did him in the navy they chose, does that matter, should i do him in red from now on?

puddlejumperOZ
August 29th, 2010, 07:39 PM
It's ok Pooks, you can do him in red until either our guy shows up or we get another to do Mckay on a permanent basis.:)

pookey
August 29th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks Puddles:D

puddlejumperOZ
August 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM
'Tis my pleasure Pookles:D

Vagabond Serpent
August 29th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Wait till the evening, Weeds and Setsuna. ;)

puddlejumperOZ
August 29th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Something dastardly planned VS?????:samanime27:

Vagabond Serpent
August 29th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Yep. :D Few parties, celebrating the first monday of the week. :P

puddlejumperOZ
August 29th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Is that all?........well I guess you have a life as well:P

Vagabond Serpent
August 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Yes, I've... I need to go feed the cats, pay for the flat and house (electricity, water, etc), clear the flat, get ready for the studies... :S

puddlejumperOZ
August 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM
That sounds too much like work....:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
August 29th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hrmph! For me studies became work after I entered the uni. :P

RogueRanger
August 29th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Me as well, even though I have to work at home as well:weiranime42:
"Don't I daddy?":P

VS I can't post until you do, seeing as how I've been Wraith-rayed:mckay:

Vagabond Serpent
August 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I know, I know, but I've things to do. I'll just swallow the last piece of my breakfast and dissapear for at least the afternoon... I'll think about the post meanwhile. I managed to vague gather which room lost how many, so I'd properly make Scorpio finish off the rest. ;)

RogueRanger
August 29th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Cool, I think weedle made a tally, and Setsu might get into trouble as well so you can play on that. I'm going to post on the Hammond and then catch my train, I won't miss it this time because I was talking to someone:P

Vagabond Serpent
August 29th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Hey, not my fault that you don't watch your trains! :P

pookey
August 29th, 2010, 09:29 PM
she lost her train of thought:weiranime42:

Vagabond Serpent
August 29th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Nah-ah, last time she chatted with me, she missed her train. :D

*hides from Daddy. :P*

puddlejumperOZ
August 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM
You can run VS...oh never mind. Mel we need a new thread for the Daedalus when you're bacj on and Atlantis threaders, Marilyn will post something in the morning. In the meantime anyone can NPC Woosley and stretch out the argument.;)

Ryn
August 29th, 2010, 11:45 PM
guess I'll wait for Marilyn myself then :P

not entirely sure what to post... :o

RogueRanger
August 30th, 2010, 01:44 PM
A little catch up. SQ and Foley will have to edit their posts. The Hammond is still in Earth orbit and Daniel has not yet beamed over I'm guessing Apollo deleted his post. So I'll have to hold off until we can get this one sorted out. Ryn you can NPC Sheppard if you need to atm, Dad is apparently having compy probs:eek:

Apollodragon
August 30th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I did delete my post, and gave SQ a notice that I had deleted it. Sorry for that confusion.

I am partially confused is Daniel still a member of SG-1 or is he working for the IOA? Various people have made comments for both.

I will be on and off the computer the next few days because I have a Linguistics quiz and Spanish composition to write.

I would pick up Woolsey since I think understand him a little but I have not seen much of the last couple of season of SGA which would be detrimental to play him.

RogueRanger
August 30th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I'll get it sorted out with SQ and Foley, then you can repost Apollo. As far as I know, but I'll check with Aragon, Daniel is to rejoin SG1. I'll send you a VM when everything is corrected. Good luck with the quiz. And as for Woolsey, we can NPC him for a while yet until you feel confident about him:D

Aragon101
August 30th, 2010, 03:20 PM
In the story, Daniel has taken a desk job assisting Homeworld Security with any "Ancient" or "Asgard" problems. He also helps Jack out when he needs it.

Daniel is not a member of SG-1 in the story. If you want some idea of where his head is, he's feeling bitter over the events of the Ori War and specifically, he's not over his time as a Prior.

But again, this story is moldable, depending on what Daniel might be able to do here given the story that comes out (especially once i toss in the first "random" Event) he'll have much more use :)

Daniel can coordinate with SG-4 to find out what the LA is doing on Earth. He DOES speak 30+ languages :p

squirrely1
August 30th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I'll get it sorted out with SQ and Foley, then you can repost Apollo. As far as I know, but I'll check with Aragon, Daniel is to rejoin SG1. I'll send you a VM when everything is corrected. Good luck with the quiz. And as for Woolsey, we can NPC him for a while yet until you feel confident about him:D

SQ here......the only one of my posts that refers to Daniel being on the Hammond is my last post. I'll delete that one since Apollodragon deleted his post. If there is anything else.....just let me know....thanks.

RogueRanger
August 30th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Ok thanks Aunty Q. But you only need to edit it. Ah, maybe Vala could ask Sam something, she's worried so ask her what's on her mind:)

Sammy, Daniel's already to beam off the Daedy, and there'd too many posts to edit his part out. So couldn't he go on this one mission maybe.....:weiranime32:

And also very muchly I would love to have Drake back pleeeeze:o

squirrely1
August 30th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Ok thanks Aunty Q. But you only need to edit it. Ah, maybe Vala could ask Sam something, she's worried so ask her what's on her mind:)

Sammy, Daniel's already to beam off the Daedy, and there'd too many posts to edit his part out. So couldn't he go on this one mission maybe.....:weiranime32:

Dang....well I already deleted it :S SOrry......I'll repost something again.....once Danny Boy is really back on the Hammond. I hope he can go on some missions... I mean we have to get the band back together again... you know just for posterity sake? :D

Weedle
August 30th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Cool, I'll hold off posting for Reynolds until Foley edits his bit as well.:D

Nice one Mel, getting shot with the Wraith stunner, :eek:

Aragon101
August 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM

Pretty sure i made it clear Daniel was not a part of SG-1 at the start, but w/e :P

and Drake'll have to wait. I'm still getting used to this new job and want to be comfortable in it before i dedicate time to something else.

squirrely1
August 30th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Pretty sure i made it clear Daniel was not a part of SG-1 at the start, but w/e :P

and Drake'll have to wait. I'm still getting used to this new job and want to be comfortable in it before i dedicate time to something else.

*sigh* you're such a tease :P

Aragon101
August 30th, 2010, 03:50 PM
*sigh* you're such a tease :P

Pft, you know you love it :P

I DID just go from working nights to working a 9-5 (well 6 but the principle is the same)

I'm a vampire trying to live with 1 million SPF sunblock! i need time to adjust :P

Drake wouldn't be coming back for awhile in any case, at least not till teh first mission is over. I can see about Getero tonight. i'll write something up now as i've updated my fics :)

squirrely1
August 30th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Pft, you know you love it :P

I DID just go from working nights to working a 9-5 (well 6 but the principle is the same)

I'm a vampire trying to live with 1 million SPF sunblock! i need time to adjust :P

Drake wouldn't be coming back for awhile in any case, at least not till teh first mission is over. I can see about Getero tonight. i'll write something up now as i've updated my fics :)

LOL Fine!! :P But... *eyes his coffin* ..... what are ya gonna be sellin' that baby for? :P :P

RogueRanger
August 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I guess some didn't read the Premise fully:o

Okay, we'll have Daniel guest with SG1 and then send him back to where after?????:confused:

Apollodragon
August 30th, 2010, 04:17 PM
As it looks right now Daniel will be a side character after current missions are done. My two cents is that Daniel cannot be able to be on the side line long at least from what we see on the show. I don't see Daniel sitting behind some desk at the Pentagon or the IOA. Daniel at heart is an archaeologist not an account or tried old military brass. I see his current motivation is stopping the LA from enslaving Earth and it's allies. In the past Daniel's motivation has be finding his wife and stepchild, stopping the Ori, and understanding Ascension. RDA taking a break from O'Neill hurt but it was okay but if you take both him and Daniel off the team, it will not really be SG-1 anymore.

RogueRanger
August 30th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I agree Apollo, and I do want him on the team.:o

Sammy fix it:weiranime42::P

Apollodragon
August 30th, 2010, 04:29 PM
In the world of anthropology/archaeology a person who comes up with theories and ideas behind a desk is called an armchair anthropologist/archaeologist. Some way I see Daniel quitting if he is not posted on a team. He rather go on digs around the world and try to publish new papers.

Weedle
August 30th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Yeah man you're right. Who's idea was it anyway to have Jackson not with the team *facepalm*

Aragon101
August 30th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Oh ffs. The man has been through hell during the Ori War. Vala too. He's taken the sideline job because he needs to think introspectively about his life. He's not getting any younger and he's spent 10+ years getting into situations the average archeologist wouldn't. He's died twice and faced off with beings of unimaginable power who have tortured him and brought the galaxy to the brink of anihilation. Does he really not want to stop for a bit and think about that?

W/e, it was only a premise and if you guys don't like it than you're free to change it.

Weedle
August 30th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I don't think it's that we don't like it Aragon, in fact I love your story-ies:P I do. I know where you're coming from and in that light I guess you're right. So what if, without spoiling your good work, Daniel needs to go to further his research on the Kasa and can only do it in the field for this time. If RR agrees, we can work out some good stuff for Daniel to be doing later with your input. I think what Apollo is getting at, is he don't want to have his character sitting around twiddling his thumbs and makin paper aeroplanes:daniel:

Aragon101
August 30th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I don't think it's that we don't like it Aragon, in fact I love your story-ies:P I do. I know where you're coming from and in that light I guess you're right. So what if, without spoiling your good work, Daniel needs to go to further his research on the Kasa and can only do it in the field for this time. If RR agrees, we can work out some good stuff for Daniel to be doing later with your input. I think what Apollo is getting at, is he don't want to have his character sitting around twiddling his thumbs and makin paper aeroplanes:daniel:
Which i understand since this is a RPG. As i said, feel free to make changes as you guys feel appropriate.

Apollodragon
August 30th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I got an idea spinning around in my head right now I will write it out later.

Vagabond Serpent
August 30th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Let's wait for Weedle on SG4 thread, and if I got it right, beaming up LA goons causes transmission triggering? Well, if one of them is aboard already, then it's already done and they can pull up the rest of them. :P

Weedle
August 30th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Yo, so what problems does it cause, I missed that...d'oh never mind I saw it on Setsu's post. Can we jam the transmission somehow, before we beam up the others? Get Cate to tell Ellis, or soemthing???

Vagabond Serpent
August 30th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I was thinking about it, and I'm making the SG-4 Talk Thread, all mission OOC goes there. ;)

Weedle
August 30th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Right VS, heading there now, good job dude:tealc:

Col.Foley
August 30th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Not going to be here until Friday ladies and gents.

If someone wants to take over Mitchell in my absence. Be my guest...pretend Beck is in a coma :P

Weedle
August 30th, 2010, 09:54 PM
We'll make sure they both don't get shot:P We'll sprain Beck's ankle so he can sit out the mission:eek:

RogueRanger
August 30th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Good job on the Daedy thread Weeds:D

Alan, you can't go MIA without my permission:mckay:

RogueRanger
August 30th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Updated main cast list http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76237-Stargate-new-seasons-character-list

Weedle
August 31st, 2010, 12:44 PM
A little quiet in Atlantis today:P

Ryn
August 31st, 2010, 12:57 PM
I'm waiting on others to post...

*pokes Trills and Maz and Pooks and and and whomever has charries in that jumper that haven't moved yet!* :eek:

Weedle
August 31st, 2010, 01:25 PM
Yikes....crikey this RP is a growing I didn't realise how many peeps we had. Well I guess as they say in Aftermath, RL comes first eh? But I'm really enjoying this, I've tried other SG RP's before, but this is the first to come close to getting it right. Congrats to RR
:jack_new_anime07::sam59::cameron21::weiranime17::teyla25::zelenka25:

Apollodragon
August 31st, 2010, 09:51 PM
I got an idea spinning around in my head right now I will write it out later.

This current mission could show Daniel how much he is going to miss the action. His team members could try to persuade him that SG-1 would not be the same and leaving the team would threaten the safety of earth and the team. They could also tell him they will help him work through his problems.

Ryn
September 1st, 2010, 02:29 AM
Yikes....crikey this RP is a growing I didn't realise how many peeps we had. Well I guess as they say in Aftermath, RL comes first eh? But I'm really enjoying this, I've tried other SG RP's before, but this is the first to come close to getting it right. Congrats to RR
:jack_new_anime07::sam59::cameron21::weiranime17::teyla25::zelenka25:

Here, here, me too! :D

This is fun! :D

*pokes around for Atlantis movement for good measure* :P

Still not sure if I should set up a second character, haven't got inspiration and plus I don't know if I can keep up with a THIRD RP again... :o It's hard enough to keep up with this and Aftermath :P and besides the other missions seem to move at a much faster pace :P

pookey
September 1st, 2010, 04:46 AM
well RL and time zones do tend to get in the way,plus the fact GW was down this morning, gonna see what i can do

Apollodragon
September 1st, 2010, 12:32 PM
A bombed the linguists quiz yesterday. I am currently working with my prof. and various advisers to see what I can do.

Weedle
September 1st, 2010, 03:50 PM
I struggle with English as it is, how can you do linguistics dude?????:eek:

RogueRanger
September 1st, 2010, 08:10 PM
Attention all Atlantis personnel, there is a new thread for Atlantis team 1 OFF World missions:D

pookey
September 1st, 2010, 08:17 PM
YAY Mel:D...where is it????? i found the piccie one, nice picture by the way:D

RogueRanger
September 1st, 2010, 08:23 PM
Here is the Off world page http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76717-Stargate-New-Seasons-Atlantis-Reclamation-Season-6-RPG-SGA1-Off-World-Missions?p=11868278#post11868278

Thanks Aunty Pookey, you can post Radek pics and vids there if you like, but as I said, w don't want to turn it into a thunk thread:eek:

Ryn
September 1st, 2010, 11:22 PM
YAY for new threads. (lol good thing Aftermath has its own folder now else people there would be terribly grumpy, me included ;) )

Don't we need an Atlantis OOC thread too? Would make planning easier ;)

Anyway - am waiting to post until people replied and keep the convo going, will then have Ronon and Teyla take their seat as John asked. ;) I guess we just assume it plays out in flight now :eek:

puddlejumperOZ
September 2nd, 2010, 05:33 PM
I would like to say to all of you, well done. This RP has turned into something of a miracle here on GW. If you look at our posts and views, in the short time since Mel started it, I think it's become one of the fastest growing threads here. Let's hope Darren can bring forward a well deserved folder of our own. Thank you to all, for supporting Melanie:)

squirrely1
September 2nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
I would like to say to all of you, well done. This RP has turned into something of a miracle here on GW. If you look at our posts and views, in the short time since Mel started it, I think it's become one of the fastest growing threads here. Let's hope Darren can bring forward a well deserved folder of our own. Thank you to all, for supporting Melanie:)

You're welcome bro... ;) It's been fun.... :D :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 2nd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah, it's a good playground. ;)

Btw, I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I read posts in Atlantis Off World starting with <Baku> tag, I immediately have a picture of Azerbaijan capital? >.<

ETA: checked, it's also spelled Baku in English as in Russian.

Weedle
September 2nd, 2010, 08:38 PM
You're welcome bro... ;) It's been fun.... :D :D

AH you going some where???? Sounds like the end?????? :eek:

Ryn
September 3rd, 2010, 02:07 AM
No, I think SQ simply left out the words "so far", as in, "It's been fun so far!" :D

And thank you too PJ and Mel, it's been great playing here as well :D

squirrely1
September 3rd, 2010, 02:43 AM
AH you going some where???? Sounds like the end?????? :eek:

No, I think SQ simply left out the words "so far", as in, "It's been fun so far!" :D

And thank you too PJ and Mel, it's been great playing here as well :D

*giggles* Yeah....that ^ :P :P I'm not going anywhere....unless of course someone fires me. :rolleyes:

Ryn
September 3rd, 2010, 03:09 AM
:eek: why would you be fired, you're doing great :P :D

I'll post in Atlantis again when I can, Fridays are crazy.... :mckay:
No need to wait for me, I'll pair Ronon with Teyla ;) Unless of course someone else wants to pair with either of them, just let me know!
(they'll be right behind Todd of course :P)

Isolde
September 3rd, 2010, 03:32 AM
I guess that means I have to go with Rodders. :mckay: Ach, I suppose I have to suck it up, bite the bullet, and brace myself. :P

Ryn
September 3rd, 2010, 03:33 AM
Like I said you can always pick Ronon or Teyla instead ;)

Vagabond Serpent
September 3rd, 2010, 03:36 AM
Listen, guys, maybe you'll change or alter Atlantis planet name from Baku to something else, please? I can't fight off the pictures of the city when I read the posts and Magomaev's songs immediately began to play in the internal brain-player. (He was the best singer in SU, born in Baku, Azerbaijan) :P

Primus Commander Woden
September 3rd, 2010, 03:40 AM
Umm I think I would like either Daniel or Sheppard but I imagine they will have been taken....as anyone claimed Lorne??? If not can I have him please!!

Vagabond Serpent
September 3rd, 2010, 03:47 AM
Don't think he's occupied, check here - http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76237-Stargate-new-seasons-character-list

If he's NPC, take him. ;)

squirrely1
September 3rd, 2010, 08:19 AM
:eek: why would you be fired, you're doing great :P :D

I'll post in Atlantis again when I can, Fridays are crazy.... :mckay:
No need to wait for me, I'll pair Ronon with Teyla ;) Unless of course someone else wants to pair with either of them, just let me know!
(they'll be right behind Todd of course :P)

awww thanks Ryn. :) You too .... I've peeked in there but I will be honest I am not keeping up with the Atlantis RPG cuz of time issues for me but I am skimming through it and so far it is looking great! ;)

Hey just out of curiosity ......what players still need to be filled over at Atlantis? :confused:

Weedle
September 3rd, 2010, 12:08 PM
Checkin in guys:P I looked over the Atlantis thread to see who's being NPC'd. There's Chuck and Woolsey off the top of my head I can see:D

Ryn
September 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
hehe maybe I was a little too quick with my post, but well, just went along with what was posted before, and guys, please wait until you're actually on the road *before* you sense them following :P

((and I just noticed, I'm almost at 5K posts!!! :D :D thanks to this rp too :D :D))

puddlejumperOZ
September 3rd, 2010, 02:14 PM
Eh what, whos' following........:eek:

pookey
September 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
The Munchkins:eek:

Ryn
September 3rd, 2010, 11:10 PM
... sorry I guess I got a little over excited last night ... :P

I'll remove that post and will work out a new one! :D

pookey
September 4th, 2010, 04:52 AM
message from Vagabond, please dont wait for him, and could someone please NPC Elena in the meanwhile, thankyou

squirrely1
September 4th, 2010, 05:50 AM
One observation guys and shoot me....maim me.... throw me out the door....but I think we REALLY REALLY Need to watch the curse words. A. Anything like Damn or Hell.... or ass is ok...anything that can pass the forum sensors.....would be what would be canon anyway. IF you are having to bypass the forum sensors by adding ** In the middle of the word so we can get the gist of the word....that is a big NO NO....cuz well..... that leads me to B. I Have been modded for that myself in the past so I have learned my lesson....and that could likely get the threads taken down. Personally, I don't need to see those words for it to be effective for me anyway. I mean have your character slam their fist or throw something to describe their anger. We obviously have a pretty decent viewership based on the number of views the threads are getting so let's try and keep it PG13 they way the show would really be.....shall we? *runs for cover*

Ryn
September 4th, 2010, 08:14 AM
hmm, haven't really noticed much swearing but then again I haven't really read much of the other threads, only glanced at them and it didn't seem to stand out? but yeah, what she ^ said. There are other creative ways of expressing annoyance/anger. :)

chocolate_muffin
September 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I'm back from Italy now so can take over Dr Lee, will read up the threads tomorrow to see where I am now :D

squirrely1
September 4th, 2010, 01:44 PM
i'm back from italy now so can take over dr lee, will read up the threads tomorrow to see where i am now :d

WOOT! WB muffin!! :D

Aragon101
September 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Writing tip for expressing emotions. Use body Language.

Example.

Drake sidled up to Cate and put an arm around her. THe Aussie dropped her head onto his shoulder and sighed. Drake ran his right hand through her hair while rubbing her opposite shoulder with his left. "We'll get even... i promise you."

vs

Drake hugged Cate with one arm and said. "We'll get even... i promise you."

It's debatable which is "better', but the first is much more descriptive and conveys the whole 'support' or 'console' emotion. As far as anger.

MacGregor looked across at Jack and screamed. "You bloody ******! Why the **** wouldn't you tell me Cate's on an undercover mission!"

Vs

MacGregor gripped the edge of the table and bowed his head. He could see the veins on the back of his hand pulsate at the rage. He cursed Jack under his breath and then added. "Why wouldn't you tell me Cate's on an undercover mission?"

Again, this is just simple writing tips that may or may not prove useful. But body language can say alot more than words can, especially when it comes to more extreme emotions like anger or 'ship' either friend or more than that.

squirrely1
September 4th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Awesome Aragon...thanks for sharing :)

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 02:55 AM
I am back, and I can swear in Russian. :P

Isolde
September 5th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I am back, and I can swear in Russian. :P

Nice. I'll have me some lessons in that. :P :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Да легко. ;)

squirrely1
September 5th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Да легко. ;)

:eek: :weiranime33: :P :P

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 08:47 AM
What's the matter, SQ? :P Check my location tag and calculate my nationality. :D

squirrely1
September 5th, 2010, 08:50 AM
What's the matter, SQ? :P Check my location tag and calculate my nationality. :D

I did :P And if the translator is correct....all you said is: Yes, It's easy :P Is that right? :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Umm... This time google didn't screw up. :P

Isolde
September 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Да легко. ;)

As a native speaker of Russian, I would imagine it is easy for you. :P :D I bet it sounds better too. :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 08:57 AM
What do you mean it sounds better? Better than what? :P

Ryn
September 5th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Better if spoken by you than by Izzy? Out loud?

Me, I know no Russian safe for na zdarovny, tovarich, da, njet, perestroika, and glasnost! :lol: (phonetically spelled :P)

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 09:08 AM
na zdorov'e, tovarisch, da, n'et, perestroi'ka, glasnost'

На здоровье, товарищ, да, нет, перестройка, гласность.

squirrely1
September 5th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Umm... This time google didn't screw up. :P

oh goody :D Thank goodness we have such animals today...with the internet....now about these Russian curse words.... *giggles* You'll have to teach us some :P :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Umm... First of all, there're curse words that are a part of literature language, and there's censored "mat", which is actually a sub-language - you can say long sentences in it using only variations of one word, and all military use it order troops in combats - faster, more informative and more inspirating. :P

Isolde
September 5th, 2010, 09:24 AM
What do you mean it sounds better? Better than what? :P

Than all those terrible, wicked cuss words that I never, ever use, because I'm a good girl, me. *blinks innocently* ;) :P Truthfully, I think that Russian is a beautiful language to listen to, even when filthy words are used. :D

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Um, I can give you links to the site of our best singer, alas he died recently. He singed in Russian, English, Italian, French, his own native Azerbaijanian... His voice is the symbol of SU... The site is both in Russian and English and everything is free to download - he was one of those right people who belive that writers/singers/composers/directors create not for money but for people, their entertainment and enlightement, thus their work belongs to no one, but humanity in whole. ;)

squirrely1
September 5th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Umm... First of all, there're curse words that are a part of literature language, and there's censored "mat", which is actually a sub-language - you can say long sentences in it using only variations of one word, and all military use it order troops in combats - faster, more informative and more inspirating. :P
hmmmm that is interesting ;) Not sure I completely understand.....but ok ;)

Um, I can give you links to the site of our best singer, alas he died recently. He singed in Russian, English, Italian, French, his own native Azerbaijanian... His voice is the symbol of SU... The site is both in Russian and English and everything is free to download - he was one of those right people who belive that writers/singers/composers/directors create not for money but for people, their entertainment and enlightement, thus their work belongs to no one, but humanity in whole. ;)

this is awesome... I would love the link ;)

Aegis
September 5th, 2010, 10:35 AM
If you mean Fifth, it'd be hard as we want try and keep "perceived" canon. But there are ways. We could find a another Mirror, or like Janet came back, as a AU character.

Will Merlin (Moros/Myrddin be alowed?

Aragon101
September 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM

i'll think about some way of bringing him in if RR allows.

RogueRanger
September 5th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I'm back from Italy now so can take over Dr Lee, will read up the threads tomorrow to see where I am now :D

Weeeeeeeeeeee Muffin, BUONGIORNO!!!!!!:D

Writing tip for expressing emotions. Use body Language.

Example.

Drake sidled up to Cate and put an arm around her. THe Aussie dropped her head onto his shoulder and sighed. Drake ran his right hand through her hair while rubbing her opposite shoulder with his left. "We'll get even... i promise you."

vs

Drake hugged Cate with one arm and said. "We'll get even... i promise you."

It's debatable which is "better', but the first is much more descriptive and conveys the whole 'support' or 'console' emotion. As far as anger.

MacGregor looked across at Jack and screamed. "You bloody ******! Why the **** wouldn't you tell me Cate's on an undercover mission!"

Vs

MacGregor gripped the edge of the table and bowed his head. He could see the veins on the back of his hand pulsate at the rage. He cursed Jack under his breath and then added. "Why wouldn't you tell me Cate's on an undercover mission?"

Again, this is just simple writing tips that may or may not prove useful. But body language can say alot more than words can, especially when it comes to more extreme emotions like anger or 'ship' either friend or more than that.

Some of us have tried, it's hard soemtimes though if you're not a good writer and the only words you know are those native to you. I think there is some liberties being taken though, but everyone will get it sooner or later:D

If we can find a way to resurrect him, perhaps. I'm not sure how much Aragon can stretch the canon storyline though, but as I said about Fifth, it's possible. :D

marilynrose
September 5th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Before I post in the Atlantis mission thread, I want to ask if there is the possibility of any of the rogue Geni turning up and would we treat them as hostiles if they did?:)

Aragon101
September 5th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeee Muffin, BUONGIORNO!!!!!!:D

Some of us have tried, it's hard soemtimes though if you're not a good writer and the only words you know are those native to you. I think there is some liberties being taken though, but everyone will get it sooner or later:D

If we can find a way to resurrect him, perhaps. I'm not sure how much Aragon can stretch the canon storyline though, but as I said about Fifth, it's possible. :D

Is that a yes?

Hmm... i typically don't like using ascended beings very often. The rules they play by are so uncemented and it can quickly devolve into Mary Sue and 'No... just no...'

I mean... i'd be able to write Q if needed because he has a personality which isn't very serious at all (which makes sense for a near omnipotent being) but an Ascended? Hmm... i'll have to think about this.

The issues with teh ascended as well is that where do you draw the line and keep it "SG Canon". I sure as hell don't want some "Q Civil War" like Voyager did (and ruined the awesomness of the Q IMO) because it's making an alien lifeform that's nothing like us INTO us.

argh, i need pizza. BBL :P

RogueRanger
September 5th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Yes I tend to agree and not to dampen a new players enthusiam I don't know how you could have an ascended character with continuity, they'd be sort of popping in and out like Oma and Morgan, those two in patricular I'd like to see at some time.

As for your question Mum, Sam could answer that. Sammy what do you think of rebel Geni???? Are they still anywhere???

Aragon101
September 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Yes I tend to agree and not to dampen a new players enthusiam I don't know how you could have an ascended character with continuity, they'd be sort of popping in and out like Oma and Morgan, those two in patricular I'd like to see at some time.

As for your question Mum, Sam could answer that. Sammy what do you think of rebel Geni???? Are they still anywhere???

PM sent :)

Weedle
September 5th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I was gonna ask the same, I had an idea for a NPC on the Atlantis thread. BTW Aragon, any chance you'all can bring Drake back, we kind of might need him:D

Aragon101
September 5th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I was gonna ask the same, I had an idea for a NPC on the Atlantis thread. BTW Aragon, any chance you'all can bring Drake back, we kind of might need him:D

Will work it out with Mel, :P Patience... ;)

as far as Drake, he's still on the fence :P

RogueRanger
September 5th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Get him off then:P What is he Garfield:P

Aragon101
September 5th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Get him off then:P What is he Garfield:P

Probably. I've been quite busy trying to get my own writing and work sorted out so i haven't even kept up with any of the threads beyond a cursory glance.

Anyone wanna sum up the Atlantis one since i'm working out a potential plot thread? green awaits the one who does! (and possibly a funny picture of kitteh :P)

puddlejumperOZ
September 5th, 2010, 07:29 PM
So far the Atlantis mob have moved into Baku (Pookey's name for planet X) This was a Pasgarded human world with several large towns (small cities) on one main continent. Mostly semi tropical wooded country with a mining industry as well as timber. Mid Earth 1920's to 1940's tech level, population around total 5 mill.

The Atlantis team went there earlier and found the place deserted, but Sheppard on a hunch insisted on going back. The gate is 20 miles from the biggest town. So far the teams have gone out in two's . Shep/Mckay/Beckett. Jennifer/Radek, Ronon/Teyla. MacGregor/Todd.

There seems to be some kids: Re>

<Baku>

Two shadowy figures ducked in and out of the tree line, small and fast, they headed back to the caves, inside small voices could be heard. The first slightly larger one hushed them. "Shhh, they Lantean's are coming this way."

"Well that's good isn't it Rolf?" A smirl girl said.

He shrugged. "I dunno. Maybe, maybe not. But I sawed a Wraith with em' that can't be good." Rolf said. Sadness creased his eyes. There were fifteen of them, children of Baku. Hered quickly into the caves by a quick thinking woodcutter when the first ships appeared above the town. Fifteen children saved by the fact they had been playing in the woods, the oldest Rolf was no more than twelve.

((OOC, plot bunny, see what you can do with this))

Aragon101
September 5th, 2010, 07:33 PM
sadly i have to spread more to get you a green, but here's a kitteh :P

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/6/60/IS_IT_CAN_BE_HUGS_TIEM_NOW_PLEES_CAT.jpg

Okay... that's workable. The kids could go all "Wolverines" on the Team thinking they're working with teh Wraith (which they sorta are since Todd is there) and eventually they explain about hte ships in teh sky.

I'd suggest the Pasgard are using old Lantean ships. Either old scraps that they found or have refurbished.

Again, to be 'canonized' by RR :P

puddlejumperOZ
September 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Right, so it wouldn't be beyond their technology to have a 12 year old with something like a .22 and start taking shots at them would it?

Aragon101
September 5th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Right, so it wouldn't be beyond their technology to have a 12 year old with something like a .22 and start taking shots at them would it?

Ronon played with a Triple Barrel Shotgun as a kid :P I can see other cultures doing something similar. (namely our own :p)

pookey
September 5th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Right, so it wouldn't be beyond their technology to have a 12 year old with something like a .22 and start taking shots at them would it?:eek:great, Rodney has enough problems with kids, let alone one with a 22:D

puddlejumperOZ
September 5th, 2010, 08:36 PM
For an Alien world at early 20th earth tech, anything more exotic a kid might have than a single shot .22???

I was thinking of something similiar to a M1 carbine:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 08:38 PM
And I was thinking Mosin's rifle. :P

pookey
September 5th, 2010, 08:41 PM
why not go the whole hog and give em a rocket launcher:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
September 5th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Because the primitive launchers were invented only in 1944. :P

pookey
September 5th, 2010, 08:48 PM
they can just throw stones at us

puddlejumperOZ
September 5th, 2010, 08:51 PM
That has the look of an obscure weapon that we might find off-world. Now to give it a name.

Sheppard could say he's come across it before with the Geni, but we'll make it a 6mm bore just to give it some non-Earth credibility:D

Ryn
September 5th, 2010, 11:36 PM
This isn't like that episode with the kids that couldn't grow older because of some device, operated by a ZPM, and also because then they wouldn't be culled? :S It's not that, is it? lol, sorry, it's just what first came in my head when I read about the kids.

Pooks, could you possibly please use capitals and punctuation in your RP posts, thanks :D

chocolate_muffin
September 6th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Formulating my response to Dr Lee's cheeky summons to the gateroom :mckay:
Seems there are a ton of blue character colors around, would anyone mind if I changed Dr Lee from navy to green?

Ryn
September 6th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Teyla uses seagreen now and Todd uses that olive, but your shade is available I should think, and besides, it doesn't really matter since you're in a different thread altogether! :D

chocolate_muffin
September 6th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Teyla uses seagreen now and Todd uses that olive, but your shade is available I should think, and besides, it doesn't really matter since you're in a different thread altogether! :D

Excellent, I'll claim plain old green as Dr Lee's colour, shall post when I get home tonight and have figured out where Bill is lurking :D

RogueRanger
September 6th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Bill is somewhere on the Hammond, I think he should be talking with Svetlana on the bridge. As Supreme Commander Sil is absent atm Muffy, you can NPC Svetlana if you like. Currently SG1 is headed for the mess hall:D Green is cool and guys don't worry too much about colours clashing, there's not enough of them on the pallet to go around:eek:

Ryn
September 6th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Ohh, that's not entirely true, there are tons more on the colour palette, you just need to know where to find them. AKA here (http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp). I'm pretty sure it'll work, it's supposedly web-safe. ;)

Aragon101
September 6th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Ohh, that's not entirely true, there are tons more on the colour palette, you just need to know where to find them. AKA here (http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp). I'm pretty sure it'll work, it's supposedly web-safe. ;)

I guess we should be writing Jack in "Peridot" from now on then :sheppard33:

Ryn
September 6th, 2010, 01:30 PM
there's no such colour! :P :jack_new_anime06:

puddlejumperOZ
September 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM
If'n Jack said there's peridot, then there's peridot. It's just hidden in his house somewhere and we all know what his house is like.:D

Ryn, no the kids in Baku should be normal, just scared. They will have seen the ? ships come and a quick thinking adult hid them I guess, according to Mel's plot hint. They will take a few pot shots at the coming Lantean's and it will be up to the teams to convince them they'll be ok, even with Todd on hand:D

Isolde
September 6th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Ryn, no the kids in Baku should be normal, just scared. They will have seen the ? ships come and a quick thinking adult hid them I guess, according to Mel's plot hint. They will take a few pot shots at the coming Lantean's and it will be up to the teams to convince them they'll be ok, even with Todd on hand:D

As it were... :P :D Is Toddy child friendly, or will he see 'em as a small, but annoying, snack? Over to you, Trill. :D

Just tried to green ya for the scary new avvie, as I never thought I would see Edmund Blackadder as Captain Jack, and frankly its a sight I could've lived a long time without. :D Captain Bean is worse!

Weedle
September 6th, 2010, 11:06 PM
:eek: Cap'n bean, er jack:eek:

I made a blunder, I said London Yard instead of Scotland Yard :eek:

puddlejumperOZ
September 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Well Issy I though he was most appropiate for my alter ego:P

Ryn, MAz will post in the Atlantis thread as soon as she gets home from shopping this morning.

MIA's at the moment. Foley, Setsuna, Supreme Commander Sil, ReIndeer, Apollodragon. Guys where are you all:eek:

jackclone1
September 7th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Hey all, very very nice RP you have going. I asked Mel if she wouldn't mind, I could join in with you all, but atm because of my limited net time, I can only pop in and do NPC's for you if that's ok with you all:jack:

squirrely1
September 7th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Hey all, very very nice RP you have going. I asked Mel if she wouldn't mind, I could join in with you all, but atm because of my limited net time, I can only pop in and do NPC's for you if that's ok with you all:jack:

YAY!! That would be great.... welcome to the game! :) Oh and nice to meet ya! ;)

RogueRanger
September 7th, 2010, 07:15 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Oh boy yes you can, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee my hero is home:D

Aragon101
September 7th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Actually Rick, if you'd like you could probably take over for Drake. I think he's a character you could do justice TBH. I can 'modify' the story a little so that Drake can be involved peripherally and you don't have to make many posts for him (and you could always NPC as well)

squirrely1
September 7th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Oh boy yes you can, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee my hero is home:D

well ok then :S :P

RogueRanger
September 7th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Everybody this is Rick Anderson (truly) he's my brother and sisters bestest ever friend from the academy and he's a fair dinkum Air Force pilot on F18's:D and he's the coolest guy, very much like Cam, better lookin tho:P And yes he could do Drake if possible, that'd be great, thanx Sam:wieranime32:

jackclone1
September 7th, 2010, 07:47 PM

Mel, how you doing babyface:D Well you already told me though:P

Actually Rick, if you'd like you could probably take over for Drake. I think he's a character you could do justice TBH. I can 'modify' the story a little so that Drake can be involved peripherally and you don't have to make many posts for him (and you could always NPC as well)

Hey dude, yes I spent the last couple of hours looking over the posts. Fantastic RP you all have, brilliant if I may say so. I thought of joining the other one, Aftersomething, trash, pure trash. Not Stargate at all:eek: Well it's got a Gate room and gate, but that's about it.:eek:

Give me a heads up how you want him and if I can manage not to get him killed he'll be ok:D

well ok then :S :P

:indeed:

Everybody this is Rick Anderson (truly) he's my brother and sisters bestest ever friend from the academy and he's a fair dinkum Air Force pilot on F18's:D and he's the coolest guy, very much like Cam, better lookin tho:P And yes he could do Drake if possible, that'd be great, thanx Sam:wieranime32:

Cool, me. C'mon Mel you know that's not true. Well not totally anyway. Oh BTW, Miki is now Mrs Anderson:D

puddlejumperOZ
September 7th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Welcome to our club Rick, nice to see you home:jack:

pookey
September 7th, 2010, 10:30 PM
hello Puddles:D

just posted for Zelenka, me thinks people forgot he was in the villiage:eek:

Col.Foley
September 7th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Hello boys I am baaaaaaaaaacccckkkk :D

Weedle
September 7th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Hey Fole's, what about the girls or is they invisible:P

Col.Foley
September 7th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Hey Fole's, what about the girls or is they invisible:P

They are probably invisible :P

And it is Fols. ;)

Weedle
September 7th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Ah right, invisible women, probably hiding in OUR locker room, perverts:P

Thanx Fols:P

Col.Foley
September 7th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Ah right, invisible women, probably hiding in OUR locker room, perverts:P

Thanx Fols:P

You are confusing them with Jack :P

Its a Cantina nickname ;)

Ryn
September 7th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Nothing of that Cantina stuff in here please :eek:

Col.Foley
September 7th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Nothing of that Cantina stuff in here please :eek:

spoil sport.

puddlejumperOZ
September 7th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Yes ma'am indeed. The Cantina stays in the cantina. Message from Mel, she's stuck in a traffic jam as she decided to drive today because of swim training. As a result, she'll not be able to post until the morning and apollogises if she's holding anyone up.

Apollodragon
September 8th, 2010, 12:08 AM
There are days when I miss swimming training during me competitive swimming years but now I look back on it think it is too d**n early in the morning.

Apollodragon
September 8th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Wow I am so far behind in SG4's mission.

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Were you there at all? :P You can NPC someone there. :D

pookey
September 8th, 2010, 05:11 AM
i had to open my big mouth about Zelenka still being in the villiage, thanks Rick:mckay: i will get you back:D:weiranime42:

Ryn
September 8th, 2010, 09:31 AM
sorry - did post but am not too happy with it, it just didn't really flow ... :( :(
hope I didn't go too fast :P

RogueRanger
September 8th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Well we certainly seem to be doing well don't we. Rick, nice posts, in both places. Pookey, watch your six:P

Apollo if you're waiting for SG1 to continue, you can NPC some of the Genii, or the kids. Otherwise Laura Cadman needs someone as well to NPC her two team members. They are there but anyone can take over if they wish. Nice going everyone.:D

Now I need to ask. Fugiman is unable to be a continuous player and as such he will have to relinquish his GM role. I need another GM, someone who can help me keep the RP on track and have the same vision in making sure we retain as much SG1 and Atlantis as is possible with an RP.

Next I want to ask Darren to give us Folder status, but I'm unsure how to word my request, any help will be greatly appreciated:D

Aragon101
September 8th, 2010, 03:25 PM
If RR approvs, Drake can be deep undercover in a terrorist organization. He's getting deep undercover because there's fear that the LA may be supplying Earth Terrorist organizations with alien tech like Naquadah enhanced bombs. He's going undercover mainly because he's had a checkered past and could pass off as a "bad guy" if needed.

Where he is, what terrorist organization, yadda yadda is all subject to RR's approval methinks, but I think it would be best if Drake acted on his own with minimal guidance from the SGC for now. This will allow Rick to post at his pace while not killing the flow of the story. Eventually if you want, Drake can come back to SG4 or wherever he'd be best at. Namely once you can post consistently :)

Drake can even go offworld if need be. Just have the LA slip a cloaked cargo ship to supply and he goes with it or something :P use your imaginations! :D

RogueRanger
September 8th, 2010, 03:33 PM
That really sounds marvelous Sam, can you write a brief for Rick, here or on the SG4 talk page if you like and I'm sure he'll do Dan justice. How do you think we're doing so far? have you kept up at all?;)

Aragon101
September 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM
That really sounds marvelous Sam, can you write a brief for Rick, here or on the SG4 talk page if you like and I'm sure he'll do Dan justice. How do you think we're doing so far? have you kept up at all?;)

I kept up with them until we split the folders. I started working around that time so i'm still getting adjusted to the job :P I've peeked in the Atlantis Folders but i know noting on SG4 or SG1s :P Sowwy, been really busy around here lately.

puddlejumperOZ
September 8th, 2010, 04:14 PM
SG1 are in waiting atm Sam for Sam (Carter) to return to the Hammond, so typically with Cam in charge and Vala loose, they are running amok. Last I saw they were stuck in a service tube. SG4, now here these kids are doing brilliantly. They have a bonafide Bond mission going down, and you should at least try and read the last two pages:D Well worth it, you may be able to actaully write their mission into Fait Accompli, seriously:)

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 05:02 PM
SG1 are in waiting atm Sam for Sam (Carter) to return to the Hammond, so typically with Cam in charge and Vala loose, they are running amok. Last I saw they were stuck in a service tube. SG4, now here these kids are doing brilliantly. They have a bonafide Bond mission going down, and you should at least try and read the last two pages:D Well worth it, you may be able to actaully write their mission into Fait Accompli, seriously:)

OH sure bro.....play favorites.... "Vala is on the loose so SG1 is running amok....oh but SG4 is doing brilliantly!".... Harrumph :mckay: .....well we'll just have to fix that!! Mwhahahahahaha :P :P :P

Weedle
September 8th, 2010, 05:45 PM
just make sure you post within the context ^^^^ Cos it'll get deleteded if it ain't:P

Now is the old girl a tourist??????:D

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 06:04 PM
just make sure you post within the context ^^^^ Cos it'll get deleteded if it ain't:P

Now is the old girl a tourist??????:D

you know I would keep it in context..... I'm not THAT evil :eek: :P And yeah I answered you in the SG4 talk thread :D

Weedle
September 8th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Cool. Um now how do I give the old bag the brush off, politely:P

Col.Foley
September 8th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Cool. Um now how do I give the old bag the brush off, politely:P

Press your Baretta up to her and say look if you do not move you are going to eat led :P

Aragon101
September 8th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Now i'm scared to read SG1's thread :eek:

I have a brilliant idea for an opening little 'blurb' to give Drake an entry. I'll write it up probably tomorrow and post after passing it by RR.

Anyone else feel kinda floundering? I can give you something to do :P

Col.Foley
September 8th, 2010, 06:24 PM

I have a brilliant idea for an opening little 'blurb' to give Drake an entry. I'll write it up probably tomorrow and post after passing it by RR.

No please that will not be neccessary...I think. :P

Weedle
September 8th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Can you have a look over Sg4's mission and see if we're on track, is it ok so far?

Foley, I like old folks, so nah, my charrie wouldn't dream of it, at worst he'd flip her the finger:P

Col.Foley
September 8th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Can you have a look over Sg4's mission and see if we're on track, is it ok so far?

Foley, I like old folks, so nah, my charrie wouldn't dream of it, at worst he'd flip her the finger:P

:lol:. Then she would be the one to push out the baretta :P

squirrely1
September 8th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Press your Baretta up to her and say look if you do not move you are going to eat led :P
what? :eek:

YAY.....Drake's mission...well the deep undercover bit sounds awesome :D So when are you jumpin' in and what are you gonna do? And we are having fun over in SG1 Hammondland..... *giggles* well blame Sam she jumped away and left us all unattended :P :D

oh phew!! :P :D

RogueRanger
September 8th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Having fun oh yeah. This is the best RP on GW, thanks to all of you:D

I'm stuck atm with Sam and Jen getting back. I need Setsuna to post, I'll give him one more day and then I'll have to NPC his charrie, which by the way if anyone saw my advertisement for a GM, I can do....I can control you all...

:samanime27:

Aunty Trill stop lurking and post goddamit:P

Aragon101
September 8th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Having fun oh yeah. This is the best RP on GW, thanks to all of you:D

I'm stuck atm with Sam and Jen getting back. I need Setsuna to post, I'll give him one more day and then I'll have to NPC his charrie, which by the way if anyone saw my advertisement for a GM, I can do....I can control you all...

:samanime27:

Aunty Trill stop lurking and post goddamit:P

Having just read SG4s mission thread, i can certainly say you do! :eek: I could go on about how it was a drunken moment, or it was inevitable, or maybe even comment on the fact that Drake just wouldn't run into that problem that easily given that he's sorta paranoid about it, or i could make any number of sarcastica remarks including ovens and possibly Nuvarings used in inappropriate ways...

In the end, i'll just say WTF?!

Uhhh apart from that one WTF, you guys are doing great. Once the mission is over, you'll find evidence in the CSI of the place that leads to terrorist organizations. You guys won't actually be handling that though as your next mission is to Hebridia.

And i think if you really wanted to throw people for a loop SQ, maybe have Vala beat someone at Chess (she'd be pretty good methinks)

Atlantis, i figure once you rescue the kids shooting at you, you'll figure out pretty fast who it is. At that point, your mission converges with the "getting Todd back into power" mission so that you can gain Wraith Intel on where the Pasgard might be.

All the above is still subject to RR's approval :p

puddlejumperOZ
September 8th, 2010, 08:03 PM
As I understand it Sam, SG4's mission will possibly take them to Pyonyang, or should that be avoided, will the NK agent give up any further intel?

Currently Sheppard and his team have two potential problems, 1 the kids and 2 the Genii. The kids should be ok, Mckay can hand out chocolate, now the Genii on the other hand.:eek:

Aragon101
September 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM
part of the issue is you're burning through the story by fixing things too fast. How about hte NK agent gives up something other than the big fish? Say another safe house/bunker/lab/whatever that he might know?

What if the LA is working on getting Earth arms offworld? They've already gotten schematics for missiles, why not some more conventional weapons as well?

Give it time to reach teh big fish. that'll make it much more fulfilling.

As far as the Genii, i'm not sure what their role is ATM. All Mel told me was to have them in somehow and i gave her a few options i could think of, but i'm not sure what she went with. PM if needed.

RogueRanger
September 8th, 2010, 09:43 PM
We're treading softly through London town Sammy, it's not going to be easy to get the Korean and then get intel from him. But yes I agree, before he chokes, all he'll give us is another contact, in Tehran. And that is going to be extremely difficult being westerners:eek:

For the Genii, I only wanted the Atlantis team to be occupied before we move onto the Todd arc, which is where we need another brief from you:D

Special Announcement: Vagabond Serpent is now our No#2 GM:jack_new_anime07::samanime24::tealcanime49::valaanime06::sheppardanime32::wei ranime17::mckayanime09::teylaanime08::ronananime17::beckettanime14:

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Tehran?! :eek: Well, that's gonna be annoying for my char if she ever has to go there. :P

And :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: to all those emoticons and big THANK YOU

pookey
September 8th, 2010, 09:49 PM
congrats V:D:D:D whats a GM?

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Game Master... :docianime15: Behave, Pooks, now I've power here. :P

pookey
September 8th, 2010, 09:53 PM
well many congratulations *hugs and collapses in fits of giggling*:D i always behave:S

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah, while I'm looking. :P

pookey
September 8th, 2010, 10:11 PM
hehehe..you cant be everywhere;):p

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 10:17 PM
That's probably the problem, but things are quiet around here... :D

puddlejumperOZ
September 8th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Hey congratulations VS, and it has indeed been very busy today, almost a record number of single day posts on all the threads:D

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks, and let's wait for Weeds with SG-4 posts... ;)

puddlejumperOZ
September 8th, 2010, 10:51 PM
He's usually here by now. I'd say he's MIA tonight, though he's fairly reliable. Post up what you want him to do on your missions chat thread and he'll probably catch up tomorrow.

Although I think I saw Mel gave you a clue as to handle it. You need not wait for him. Post Elena as per Mel's ideas and I hink that will work well.

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 10:53 PM
I'm actually considering that, I'm just waiting if he'll appear or not, it's just because I need to know that before post... Or I can make her say that he read only a part of the table...

puddlejumperOZ
September 8th, 2010, 11:05 PM
My advice is go with that so he has something to follow up. I just checked the weather off Wellington where I imagine he is at the moment and it doesn't look good:eek:

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Well, I'll go buy onions for the winter, need roughly 70kgs... And then I'll be back and see what's going on. ;)

Ryn
September 8th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Congrats VS :D I'm sure you'll do a great job :D

*goes back to ploughing through pages of posts* My you folks were chatty last night... :)

Vagabond Serpent
September 8th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Thank you, and it's midday already. :D

Ryn
September 9th, 2010, 12:16 AM
No, no, my friend, it's only 10.15 am for me :P I only just got up, yes, I slept in :eek:

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Well, you don't have anyone to wake you up first at 5, then at 6 and finally at 8. ;)

Ryn
September 9th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Ouch :( not fun :( *hugs*
As for nightly sounds, well, my ears are still bothering me, they ring a lot in the mornings :lol:
It's both a blessing and a curse, but seeing as they clear up during the day, I'm not too bothered :)

Well anyway *wonders how to edit post like suggestions on VM's said* :eek: Help?

I really LOVE that map though; it's so much easier with a visual :D :D

Apollodragon
September 9th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I will post something later today.

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Btw, thinking about this Korean chase we forgot one thing - Oddysey is full of LA goons! :eek:

pookey
September 9th, 2010, 10:33 AM
they could beam him out anytime:eek:

question is Mckay still being NPC and what does NPC mean?

Vagabond Serpent
September 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Non Playable Character

pookey
September 9th, 2010, 10:37 AM
thankyou, my good man:p

Ryn
September 9th, 2010, 11:50 AM
yeah, basically a charrie anyone can play and that hasn't been 'claimed' by any player as their sole property. :)

and by the way it is spelt ODYSSEY - not Oddysey. I know people abbreviated it to Oddy which probably caused the whole misspelling to happen.... :mckay:

Don't mind me. I'm not in a good mood.

Weedle
September 9th, 2010, 11:57 AM
So how is the Oddity full of LA's:eek: I didn't get the memo:P

RogueRanger
September 9th, 2010, 01:27 PM
:lol:^^^ Nice one Weeds:P

Mum just spoke to me, well she does sometimes:P Anyway she wants some Geni stuff, so well......:ronananime16::ronananime01::teyla15::samanime15:

Aragon101
September 9th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Currently busy with a legal matter :mckay:

Advise, never join a trendy Gym :P The cheap one down teh street is just as good :D

Will definitely have something for you guys tonight. will pass by RR first but i think she'll like the idea i've got :P

benoz777
September 9th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Hey guys, hmm I'm a stranger aren't I nowadays. Anyway Mel wanted me to get Rick, but alas, newly married to a hot babe, what can I say:lol: So about the Genii, what do you need? Mel, kid are you still there?

RogueRanger
September 9th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Benjamin Alexander *hugs* :lol: You nit. My brother logged on with dad's old puter' with mum's account earlier:lol: Just go and start shooting or something but don't kill anyone ok:mckay:

benoz777
September 9th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Who you calling a nit chicken legs:P I can't help if as soon as I open GW it was already logged in. :P This old thing is a piece of crap, any wonder dad gave it to me:eek: Ok shooting time:cameron21:

RogueRanger
September 9th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Chiken legs? Oh right lard arse:P

Fire away:lol:

benoz777
September 9th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Pretzel:P

Right it's done can I go now?:P

RogueRanger
September 9th, 2010, 08:12 PM
^^^Fatso:P

Ok Imporatant UPdate. Sam correct me please but we need a date stamp. SG1 starts from January 10 2011. Two days have passed, it is morning on the second day GMT. So in London it's going to be cold and maybe wet. Atlantis is now in time with us. This can be changed though, it depends on what Sam tells me:D

Aragon101
September 9th, 2010, 08:19 PM
^^^Fatso:P

Ok Imporatant UPdate. Sam correct me please but we need a date stamp. SG1 starts from January 10 2011. Two days have passed, it is morning on the second day GMT. So in London it's going to be cold and maybe wet. Atlantis is now in time with us. This can be changed though, it depends on what Sam tells me:D

A Time Stamp will indeed clarify things. Where'd you get January 10th from though?

RogueRanger
September 9th, 2010, 08:33 PM
^^^I have no idea, though it is the day we see the minister before our Wedding:D