This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your chance to recommend

A friend of mine is interested in Egypts history and its rulers as well as in all mythological stuff. He has never seen stargate and now i'm planning to show him some good episodes that includes much stargates original plot and Egypts history. So what episodes should I show him?

The Curse (Season 4) is a good one. That's based entirely around Ancient Egypt stuff isn't it?
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Why don't you start at the beginning? Either the movie or the pilot.....then if he enjoys it, he may become a "gater".

Comment

I was gonna suggest watching the film first but then I didn't like it until after I'd seen the series....strange indeed but now I love it.
        The first episode is pretty darn good too......minus the nudity of course. Why did they have to put that in there?????
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

"seth" has a few good bits in it about Egypt's gods.

(There's no nudity in my video of the first ep, except a 1 second back view.
          Does this mean there is different versions available?)
          sigpic

Comment

Oh yes.....in the DVD version there's the whole Sha're naked thing going on. Very prolonged and very pointless. I felt it ruined the whole scene...alas.

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
              Oh yes.....in the DVD version there's the whole Sha're naked thing going on.
              It was because the series premiered on Showtime - they included it because they could ! I've heard since that TPTB realized it was a mistake to do the nude scene.
              Nmom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                Oh yes.....in the DVD version there's the whole Sha're naked thing going on. Very prolonged and very pointless. I felt it ruined the whole scene...alas.
                I completely agree! It was just unecessary.
                (",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
                http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
                http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Comment

I think I read an interview once with Brad Wright (?) or one of the original main production staff, and he said that Showtime actually INSISTED on at least one nudity scene or they refused to take the show. So they wrote it into the first episode, reluctantly, and have regreted it ever since. Mainly because it was 100% gratuitous and unnecessary. (I'm repeating this from memory, so hopefully I am not misquoting )

I agree that CotG and The Curse are probably your best bets after the movie. Of course, there's always "Hathor."

-tera'ngan
                  nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Originally posted by (",) Gater
                    I completely agree! It was just unecessary.
                    Totally unnecessary. If they didn't show the blonde officer naked then why bother with Sha're? Why even have them naked anyway?! Shameless....

Comment

Sha're nekid? pant! pant! drool!; could we please get that in the movie??

Comment

I think the nude scene was VERY crutial to the story....oh man was it crucial............
                        "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

lol
                          [email protected]
                          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                          One nation under dog
                          There of which I stand alone
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                            I think the nude scene was VERY crutial to the story....oh man was it crucial............
                            Yeah, but they could've used the original Sha'uri from the movie, now SHE was hott

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
                              Yeah, but they could've used the original Sha'uri from the movie, now SHE was hott
                              Sheesh! Could no one show some Chivalry and get the poor girl some lemonade?

Oh and gents! Couldn't you have thrown her a blanket or a robe at least?

No? Thought not!
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X