This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Santa (213) pre-air/discussion thread

We first got word of this a little while back from Eureka news actually, quoting Killdeer from the News thread:

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Here's something interesting. This is actually from an article about the Eureka premiere tonight (and contains quite a few spoilers for the current season). But this relates to Warehouse 13.

Eureka and Warehouse 13 have another connection. They both are doing special stand-alone Christmas episodes this year, which will air in December.
    From: 10 developments will change everything in Eureka (spoilers), Sci Fi Wire.

Looks like this is indeed happening after all--a friend of mine has told me that they're going to be filming some scenes for a Warehouse 13 Christmas episode just a street or two over from his apartment (in Toronto, near the Eaton Centre) sometime in the next few days! I'll see if I can get him to prowl for details, but he works two jobs so that doesn't seem terribly likely.

Anyway since we have 5 months to kill till Xmas, let's talk speculation and hopes What do we want to see?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

It is true. I was at the WH13 panel at San Diego Comic Con yesterday and Jack Kenny said the ep would be happening. It will be part of S2 though. It will air in December. That's all he said that I can remember atm.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I'm curious how they will intergrate these episode in if they tend to do cliffhangers at the end of the season again.

Santa Clause uses artifacts to get around the world. Thats my first guess
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I'm curious how they will intergrate these episode in if they tend to do cliffhangers at the end of the season again.
        Maybe they'll do like Doctor Who has been doing since its revival, end the season's story in the finale and drop a big hint for what'll happen in the Xmas special?

Santa Clause uses artifacts to get around the world. Thats my first guess
        Ha
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Maybe they'll do like Doctor Who has been doing since its revival, end the season's story in the finale and drop a big hint for what'll happen in the Xmas special?

Ha
          That'd be awesome if they do Christmas specials like Dr. Who. But that would mean no cliff hanger endings to the seasons.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            That'd be awesome if they do Christmas specials like Dr. Who. But that would mean no cliff hanger endings to the seasons.
            Unless the Christmas special is the cliffhanger. Thier are a few ways to do it. It will be interesting to see.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Unless the Christmas special is the cliffhanger. Thier are a few ways to do it. It will be interesting to see.
              No I mean outside of the seasons, but still canon. That would require the season finales to not be cliffhangers.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                No I mean outside of the seasons, but still canon. That would require the season finales to not be cliffhangers.
                Technically speaking the specials are the season finales.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Got my friend to take a picture of the sign:

Spoiler:

If that cuts off for you, just click the image to go to Imageshack and view it full size there

Comment

Awesome!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sometimes I think these of unfair to residents. The filming probably a negative impact on the businesses in that area.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah you know what, I doubt it. That's right near the Eaton Centre, one of the busiest areas in downtown Toronto. And if you read the hours on it, they were only cordoning off the area from 7am to 1pm, when most places don't open till 8 or 9 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Ah you know what, I doubt it. That's right near the Eaton Centre, one of the busiest areas in downtown Toronto. And if you read the hours on it, they were only cordoning off the area from 7am to 1pm, when most places don't open till 8 or 9 anyway.
                          Thats still half a business day. A lot of customers and profit that can be lost because someone wants to close off part of the town for an entertainment.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually more than anything else I'm surprised at the ratio of setup time to actual filming. 7am-noon for setup, noon-1pm for filming. Holy cow. I knew setup took longer than filming, I didn't realize it took that much longer

Comment

They must not be filming many scenes if that is how long its taking
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X