PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa (213) pre-air/discussion thread

DigiFluid
July 25th, 2010, 07:23 PM
We first got word of this a little while back from Eureka news actually, quoting Killdeer from the News thread:

Here's something interesting. This is actually from an article about the Eureka premiere tonight (and contains quite a few spoilers for the current season). But this relates to Warehouse 13.

Eureka and Warehouse 13 have another connection. They both are doing special stand-alone Christmas episodes this year, which will air in December.

From: 10 developments will change everything in Eureka (spoilers) (http://scifiwire.com/2010/07/10-developments-will-chan.php#more), Sci Fi Wire.

Looks like this is indeed happening after all--a friend of mine has told me that they're going to be filming some scenes for a Warehouse 13 Christmas episode just a street or two over from his apartment (in Toronto, near the Eaton Centre) sometime in the next few days! I'll see if I can get him to prowl for details, but he works two jobs so that doesn't seem terribly likely.

Anyway since we have 5 months to kill till Xmas, let's talk speculation and hopes :) What do we want to see?

SunKrux
July 25th, 2010, 09:52 PM
It is true. I was at the WH13 panel at San Diego Comic Con yesterday and Jack Kenny said the ep would be happening. It will be part of S2 though. It will air in December. :D That's all he said that I can remember atm. :D

jelgate
July 25th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I'm curious how they will intergrate these episode in if they tend to do cliffhangers at the end of the season again.

Santa Clause uses artifacts to get around the world. Thats my first guess:P

DigiFluid
July 25th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I'm curious how they will intergrate these episode in if they tend to do cliffhangers at the end of the season again.
Maybe they'll do like Doctor Who has been doing since its revival, end the season's story in the finale and drop a big hint for what'll happen in the Xmas special?

Santa Clause uses artifacts to get around the world. Thats my first guess:P
Ha :D

aretood2
July 26th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Maybe they'll do like Doctor Who has been doing since its revival, end the season's story in the finale and drop a big hint for what'll happen in the Xmas special?

Ha :D
That'd be awesome if they do Christmas specials like Dr. Who. But that would mean no cliff hanger endings to the seasons.

jelgate
July 26th, 2010, 05:42 PM
That'd be awesome if they do Christmas specials like Dr. Who. But that would mean no cliff hanger endings to the seasons.

Unless the Christmas special is the cliffhanger. Thier are a few ways to do it. It will be interesting to see.

aretood2
July 26th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Unless the Christmas special is the cliffhanger. Thier are a few ways to do it. It will be interesting to see.

No I mean outside of the seasons, but still canon. That would require the season finales to not be cliffhangers.

jelgate
July 26th, 2010, 05:53 PM
No I mean outside of the seasons, but still canon. That would require the season finales to not be cliffhangers.

Technically speaking the specials are the season finales.

DigiFluid
July 27th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Got my friend to take a picture of the sign:

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8794/img00126201007271524.jpg (http://img802.imageshack.us/i/img00126201007271524.jpg/)

If that cuts off for you, just click the image to go to Imageshack and view it full size there :)

Spimman
July 27th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Awesome!

jelgate
July 27th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Sometimes I think these of unfair to residents. The filming probably a negative impact on the businesses in that area.

DigiFluid
July 27th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Ah you know what, I doubt it. That's right near the Eaton Centre, one of the busiest areas in downtown Toronto. And if you read the hours on it, they were only cordoning off the area from 7am to 1pm, when most places don't open till 8 or 9 anyway.

jelgate
July 27th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Ah you know what, I doubt it. That's right near the Eaton Centre, one of the busiest areas in downtown Toronto. And if you read the hours on it, they were only cordoning off the area from 7am to 1pm, when most places don't open till 8 or 9 anyway.

Thats still half a business day. A lot of customers and profit that can be lost because someone wants to close off part of the town for an entertainment.

DigiFluid
July 27th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Actually more than anything else I'm surprised at the ratio of setup time to actual filming. 7am-noon for setup, noon-1pm for filming. Holy cow. I knew setup took longer than filming, I didn't realize it took that much longer :eek:

jelgate
July 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM
They must not be filming many scenes if that is how long its taking

DigiFluid
August 12th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Fresh dirt! (http://airlockalpha.com/node/7725/eureka-warehouse-13-plan-christmas-episodes.html)

'Eureka,' 'Warehouse 13' Plan Christmas Episodes

Christmas episodes work for "Doctor Who," so why not for Syfy's most popular scripted programs?

Although they won't necessarily air on Christmas Day, Syfy is holding back an episode each of "Eureka" and "Warehouse 13" for a special Christmas outing that will include not only a holiday-centric (and standalone) episode, but special guest appearances as well.

Judd Hirsch and Paul Blackthorne will make their way to "Warehouse 13" while Chris Parnell and Matt Frewer pop up on "Eureka." Hirsch, of course, is known for "Taxi" as well as the 1980s comedy "Dear John." Blackthorne wowed genre audiences as Harry Dresden on "The Dresden Files," and most recently as Christian Harper in three episodes of "The Gates."

Parnell is an alum of NBC's "Saturday Night Live," while Frewer has been in a number of genre projects including "Star Trek: The Next Generation," the recent Syfy movie "Alice," and best known for being Max Headroom.

Santa Claus is coming to "Warehouse 13," but he's not the kind we remember, and both Pete and Myka -- played by Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly -- have to track him down. In the meantime, Artie (Saul Rubinek) gets in touch with his Jewish side, reuniting with his estranged father Isadore Weisfelt (Hirsch) for Hanukkah.

Blackthorne plays a harried workaholic who becomes terrorized by a strange series of robberies committed by a thief dressed as Santa Claus, according to a release.

SunKrux
August 12th, 2010, 05:46 AM
I'm excited about Paul being on the show. Here's hoping that he and Joanne have some screen time together. :D I'm not holding my breath though.

jelgate
August 12th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Fresh dirt! (http://airlockalpha.com/node/7725/eureka-warehouse-13-plan-christmas-episodes.html)

Ha. I was right. Yes I'm rubbing it in:P

Inquisitor
August 12th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Maybe Santa has a bottomless sack, or horseshoes that let horses (reindeers) fly..?

Blackthorne plays a harried workaholic who becomes terrorized by a strange series of robberies committed by a thief dressed as Santa Claus, according to a release.

So it's not actually Santa? Uhoh, jelgate maybe don't rub it in just yet...

Specter177
August 12th, 2010, 10:10 AM
It has to be the suit.

Inquisitor
August 13th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Suit which makes you fat and rosy and fit through chimneys? I like.

Jynjyr
August 13th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Hee-hee-hee. It worked for Tim Allen in The Santa Claus. :D

DigiFluid
August 17th, 2010, 12:19 AM
A bit more (http://airlockalpha.com/node/7739/jack-kenny-knows-how-warehouse-13-will-end.html), which isn't a lot more than we already knew:

This holiday season, however, Artie -- played by Saul Rubinek -- will have his own bit of emotional turmoil when Judd Hirsch visits "Warehouse 13" to play his father. It's part of a Christmas episode airing in December (along with a holiday version of "Eureka") that picks up when Claudia (Allison Scagliotti) looks for the piano Artie had as a kid. It will be directed by Kenny.

"It's completely standalone, separate from our season," Kenny said. Pete and Myka, played by Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly, have to head to Los Angeles (well, more like Toronto in August) to hunt down an artifact instead of spending Christmas with their families, and they run into Paul Blackthorne from "Dresden Files" fame, and who played Christian Harper in four episodes of the CBS series "The Gates."

"It is very loosely based on the 'Christmas Carol' kind of story, and it's really fun," Kenny said.

Also see a video here (http://airlockalpha.com/node/7740/jack-kenny-cch-pounder-spill-warehouse-13-beans.html) with Jack Kenny and CCH Pounder talking about it :)

aretood2
August 20th, 2010, 07:37 AM
So are these part of the season or outside of the season like in Dr. Who?

SunKrux
August 20th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Seems that it will be part of the season, but outside the season. If that makes sense. The seasons are going to always be 13 eps (that's how Jack Kenny wants it for now) so there will be 12 eps before the Christmas special. The cliff hanger will probably happen before the special but the special will not have anything to do with the cliffhanger. At least that's how I understood what Jack was saying in the video that Digifluid posted a link to.

aretood2
August 20th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Seems that it will be part of the season, but outside the season. If that makes sense. The seasons are going to always be 13 eps (that's how Jack Kenny wants it for now) so there will be 12 eps before the Christmas special. The cliff hanger will probably happen before the special but the special will not have anything to do with the cliffhanger. At least that's how I understood what Jack was saying in the video that Digifluid posted a link to.
Dr. Who has it's 13 episodes (It has not had a Cliffhanger) then after the season is over, the Special comes on like a TV movie. I was hoping it's 13 episodes and then the special like Who...oh well

Spimman
August 25th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Judd Hirsch as Artie's Dad sounds pretty cool, I almost always like him in movies and shows! He almost always plays a cool Jewish Father as well (i.e. Numbers and Independence Day...among others)

Killdeer
October 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Looks like this episode will air on December 7, following the Eureka Christmas special.

LINK (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/12/syfy-winter-premieres-being-human-hollywood-treasure-fact-or-faked-plus-eureka-warehouse-13-holiday-episodes/67610)

Replicator Todd
October 12th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Looks like this episode will air on December 7, following the Eureka Christmas special.

LINK (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/12/syfy-winter-premieres-being-human-hollywood-treasure-fact-or-faked-plus-eureka-warehouse-13-holiday-episodes/67610)

Woah! I didn't even know there was a Eureka special too! December is gonna rock!

aretood2
October 12th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Woah! I didn't even know there was a Eureka special too! December is gonna rock!

The force is strong with this month....

WingedPegasus
October 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
So is it a normal 40-minute episode, or longer?

SunKrux
October 13th, 2010, 03:17 PM
WingedPegasus - it will be the usual, 1 hour (45 minutes if you take out the commercials) long ep. :D

jelgate
October 13th, 2010, 03:28 PM
WingedPegasus - it will be the usual, 1 hour (45 minutes if you take out the commercials) long ep. :D

You mean 43 minutes.;)

SunKrux
October 13th, 2010, 03:31 PM
You mean 43 minutes.;)

Some of the eps are actually 45 minutes. :p

WingedPegasus
October 13th, 2010, 03:52 PM

'kay, thanks!

You mean 43 minutes.;)

Some of the eps are actually 45 minutes. :p

I was rounding down. :P (Yeah, I know it would be rounding up if they were 45 minutes...but I figured most of them were less.)

Replicator Todd
October 13th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Too bad it wasn't like Doctor Who, which has one hour specials not counting commercials.

jelgate
October 13th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Too bad it wasn't like Doctor Who, which has one hour specials not counting commercials.

Your asking to run a British model in an American market. It doesn't work that way

aretood2
October 13th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Your asking to run a British model in an American market. It doesn't work that way

But that's what they are trying to emulate. It wouldn't hurt to make it 1 and a half hours, that fits into our market. With Eureka they could fit a nice 3 hour slot.

jelgate
October 13th, 2010, 04:34 PM
But that's what they are trying to emulate. It wouldn't hurt to make it 1 and a half hours, that fits into our market. With Eureka they could fit a nice 3 hour slot.

No they're not

aretood2
October 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM
No they're not

I remember reading that someone from either Syfy compared this to Dr. Who's Christmas schedule saying that if they (Dr. Who) can do it successfully why couldn't they? Obviously they are testing out what they saw work for Dr. Who.

jelgate
October 13th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I remember reading that someone from either Syfy compared this to Dr. Who's Christmas schedule saying that if they (Dr. Who) can do it successfully why couldn't they? Obviously they are testing out what they saw work for Dr. Who.
Because Dr. Who is the only show that does Christmas special:rolleyes:

The comparassion was purely due to them both being science fiction. Ite ends there.

aretood2
October 13th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Because Dr. Who is the only show that does Christmas special:rolleyes:

The comparassion was purely due to them both being science fiction. Ite ends there.

And you know this for a fact? That they didn't decide to emulate this out of season Christmas special because they liked the results it has given Dr. Who?

jelgate
October 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM
And you know this for a fact? That they didn't decide to emulate this out of season Christmas special because they liked the results it has given Dr. Who?

About as much of your conspiracy that these Christmas specials are to copy Doctor Who. Many shows do Christmas specials. It seems more likely they want to get the special uptick network Christmas specials get.

Replicator Todd
October 13th, 2010, 05:25 PM

I doubt that to be true, plenty of shows have Christmas specials. Although I can't think of any right now. :p But its hard for me to see Doctor Who having a large effect in the US....unfortunately.

aretood2
October 13th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I doubt that to be true, plenty of shows have Christmas specials. Although I can't think of any right now. :p But its hard for me to see Doctor Who having a large effect in the US....unfortunately.

TPTB alluded to it instead of a US show that does an out of season Christmas episode. I can honestly say that Dr. Who's Christmas special is the first of it's kind that I have ever seen. I have never seen a tv show do a christmas special after or before it's season run. WH13's season is over, finished, caput. I'll admit that it's not factual, but it's not out of the question either that someone got the Idea from Dr. Who. Remember that for a time Dr. Who did air on Sci Fi.

DigiFluid
October 13th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Guys..chill. The thread is for discussing W13's Christmas episode, not whether we like or dislike Doctor Who. All it comes down to is that we get another hour of W13 close to Christmas; does it really matter why?

jelgate
October 13th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Guys..chill. The thread is for discussing W13's Christmas episode, not whether we like or dislike Doctor Who. All it comes down to is that we get another hour of W13 close to Christmas; does it really matter why?

Our personal opinions of Doctor Who never came up. Just its relation to these SyFy Christmas specials

Jynjyr
October 14th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Frankly my dear, I don't give a [email protected] why TPTB decided to do this.

I'm just happy to have an oasis of WH13 and Eureka in the midst of the desert between seasons. :D

mandogater
October 14th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Frankly my dear, I don't give a [email protected] why TPTB decided to do this.

I'm just happy to have an oasis of WH13 and Eureka in the midst of the desert between seasons. :D

I second that!!!!!

Homer 120
October 21st, 2010, 02:06 AM
Anyone know if these specials, both Eureka and Warehouse 13 will be a regular 45min episodes, or a double?

jelgate
October 21st, 2010, 04:59 AM
Anyone know if these specials, both Eureka and Warehouse 13 will be a regular 45min episodes, or a double?

I find it highly unlikely it will go past thier usual hour block. 1 for W13 and another for Eureka

Killdeer
October 21st, 2010, 02:24 PM
They'll be their regular length. Eureka will be shown at 9pm (ET) and Warehouse 13 will be shown at 10pm.

Pharaoh Atem
November 5th, 2010, 10:14 PM
is it true fargo is going to be in the christmas special;?

jelgate
November 5th, 2010, 10:15 PM
is it true fargo is going to be in the christmas special;?

The Eureka one.

Replicator Todd
November 8th, 2010, 01:30 PM
The Eureka one.

:lol:

SunKrux
November 30th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Finally - SyFy has a couple of promo vids up for the special.
Secret Santa promo vids (http://video.syfy.com/shows/warehouse13#////shows/warehouse13/promos_trailers_5/)

Pharaoh Atem
December 1st, 2010, 07:58 PM
so tempted to watch those but i think i'll have fun going into it totally blind

aretood2
December 2nd, 2010, 04:03 AM
Well...I watched them....As usual Claudia is up to no good :D And the dynamic duo are going Santa hunting :D:D

Replicator Todd
December 2nd, 2010, 10:09 AM
so tempted to watch those but i think i'll have fun going into it totally blind

Agreed! Spoilers are a no no for me! I love holiday themes episodes so I'm sure I will love it! I feel so spoiled! Holiday episodes of Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Doctor Who! Yay!

aretood2
December 2nd, 2010, 11:04 AM
Agreed! Spoilers are a no no for me! I love holiday themes episodes so I'm sure I will love it! I feel so spoiled! Holiday episodes of Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Doctor Who! Yay!

Doctor who wont be on till the 25 though...but at least WH13 and Eureka are on this Tuesday :D

Pharaoh Atem
December 3rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
warehouse 13 and santa ... win

the fifth man
December 6th, 2010, 06:45 PM
warehouse 13 and santa ... win

I totally agree. I can't wait for tomorrow night.:)

SunKrux
December 6th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Can't wait. 1 more sleep!!! :D

Pharaoh Atem
December 6th, 2010, 08:26 PM
:lol: just watched the preview

clauida is going to hell for this :P

aretood2
December 7th, 2010, 12:07 PM
:lol: just watched the preview

clauida is going to hell for this :P

What would Artie do? :P

Pharaoh Atem
December 7th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Evil web Claudia is weaving lol

themeatcleaver
December 7th, 2010, 07:02 PM
okay this is DEFINITELY my new favorite Christmas special!

Pharaoh Atem
December 7th, 2010, 07:06 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?78562-Secret-Santa-%28213%29&p=12144147#post12144147

Linda06
December 10th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I think we get this ep on Christmas eve, I'm sure that's what it said last night. So is it a standalone ep. After what happened at the end of this season I'm a little confused.I saw Myka in the preview. Is it more like an unaired ep that's being aired out of sequence?

jelgate
December 10th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I think we get this ep on Christmas eve, I'm sure that's what it said last night. So is it a standalone ep. After what happened at the end of this season I'm a little confused.I saw Myka in the preview. Is it more like an unaired ep that's being aired out of sequence?

Jack Kenny has already said Secret Santa is in the middle of S2 before Wells temporaty position as a Warehouse agent.

aretood2
December 10th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Jack Kenny has already said Secret Santa is in the middle of S2 before Wells temporary position as a Warehouse agent.

But not after Picard became a borg....He did say something to that effect....

Edit: I accidentally corrected Jelgate's spelling error...I hope he doesn't mind :o

jelgate
December 10th, 2010, 10:41 AM
But not after Picard became a borg....He did say something to that effect....

Edit: I accidentally corrected Jelgate's spelling error...I hope he doesn't mind :o

I do mind. Consider yourself on ignore.:P

Linda06
December 10th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Jack Kenny has already said Secret Santa is in the middle of S2 before Wells temporaty position as a Warehouse agent.

Ah okay, thanks Jel :D I didn't know that.

SunKrux
December 10th, 2010, 08:34 PM
For those who missed it on the official discussion thread, here's my thoughts on the Holiday special. As well as a message from one of the writers in regards to WHEN the holiday special took place.

I loved the special. It was awesome. LOVED Myka pelting Pete with a snowball and that laugh and then little happy dance after. OMG so adorable. :D I love it when they let Myka laugh. :D

LOVED Artie kissing Joshua. OMG...poor Joshua. "Ow". LOL

For those of you having issues with the discontinuity with the ep, here's what one of the writers just said via Twitter about it.

Courtesy of Ian Stokes (one of the writers for the show) via Twitter:

For hardcore fans who need continuity, last night's #Warehouse13 takes place before "Vendetta" but after the one where Picard became a Borg (http://twitter.com/IanStokes82/statuses/12575463876595712)

So that is why Myka is still there. It is well before she's left.

Also if you go here: NBC Store: Warehouse 13 (http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/index.php?v=syfy_warehouse-13) you can purchase 3 or 4 of the t-shirts that Claudia gave the team. Sadly as of now, they do not have Artie, Myka or Leena's shirts.

Linda06
December 11th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks for that Sunkrux :D

Linda06
December 23rd, 2010, 06:49 AM
It's on tomorrow night, I can't wait :D It looks wicked cool :cool:

SunKrux
December 23rd, 2010, 02:09 PM
It's on tomorrow night, I can't wait :D It looks wicked cool :cool:

It was so much fun. I really love it. I've watched it several times since it aired here in the US. I have both season passes from iTunes. :D I can't wait to see the out takes on this ep on the S2 DVDs. :D

aretood2
December 23rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
It was so much fun. I really love it. I've watched it several times since it aired here in the US. I have both season passes from iTunes. :D I can't wait to see the out takes on this ep on the S2 DVDs. :D

Do you know if they'll have a podcast for it or something?

SunKrux
December 23rd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Do you know if they'll have a podcast for it or something?

I don't know. I haven't checked the SyFy site to see if they did one yet. I hope they did or do, but I'm not sure any of the actors, save Eddie would be part of it since I know that Saul & Joanne both live on the East Coast (Saul I think in based in NYC and Joanne is on the East Coast of Canada). If they do one it will probably be Jack Kenny & Eddie and maybe some of the writers? But I honestly don't think they'll do one. :( It would be nice though.

aretood2
December 23rd, 2010, 02:18 PM
I don't know. I haven't checked the SyFy site to see if they did one yet. I hope they did or do, but I'm not sure any of the actors, save Eddie would be part of it since I know that Saul & Joanne both live on the East Coast (Saul I think in based in NYC and Joanne is on the East Coast of Canada). If they do one it will probably be Jack Kenny & Eddie and maybe some of the writers? But I honestly don't think they'll do one. :( It would be nice though.
I hope as well...it would be nice if the dude that plays Artie's father were to show up for it...

Pharaoh Atem
December 24th, 2010, 09:32 PM
re watched this on hulu bloody loved it

Madwelshboy
December 27th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Remeber guys that this is a PRE-AIR Discussion thread. If you want to discuss plot/events from the episode, take t to the episode discussion thread.

Thanks
MWB