Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawkeye (Marvel Movie) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Kevin Feige On the Future of Jeremy Renner 'Hawkeye' in The Avengers

Wrapping up on the epic San Diego Comic-Con panel that assembled the main cast of forthcoming The Avengers movie, Marvel Studios head honcho, Kevin Feige talks with IGN during a SDCC roundtable.

During the roundtable, Feige addressed the casting of Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, in The Avengers and what the cinematic future may hold for Marvel's most famous archer.

"We'd talked to Renner before about the character and it sort of floated around out there and he got nominated [for an Academy Award as Best Actor for The Hurt Locker] and he had this great success with Hurt Locker," Feige recalled.

"And then the rubber sort of hit the road and we realized we were actually going to put this character in The Avengers and we went back to see if he was still interested and he was and we were able to make a deal with him. And we hope to develop a standalone franchise for him after The Avengers."

He added, "Another reason why you go for an actor like Renner is you hope not to just cast an ensemble. It's an ensemble that you hope are rich enough and real enough and the actor can portray and embody this enough that they can crack out and carry their own film."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=20574

I love the actor and I love hawk eye I think its a great choice

But on another note I don't think hurt locker should have won the oscar

Comment

I like Hawkeye, so I would like to see a movie. I hardly know much about the character though.

Comment

I don't really know a lot about Hawkeye either, all I really know about him is the d-bag he was portrayed as in the 90s Iron Man cartoon. Needless to say, I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for this.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
        X