Goa'uld/Tok'ra queens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld/Tok'ra queens

The Tok'ra always say there is not many of them left so I always wonder why they don't just give birth to more symbiotes. All Goa'uld/Tok'ra symbiotes have the knowledge the queen gives them so it would be a simple thing for a Tok'ra to do. Now I know what you are going to say(well maybe not), only queens can give birth to more symbiotes.

But in Season 1, Episode 14 of SG-1 Hathor she(Hathor) gives birth to more symbiotes by getting Daniel Jackson to impregnate her.

So either I'm missing something really obvious here or the Tok'ra should be able to create more symbiotes. If someone could confirm this or tell me I'm and idiot for not getting something that would be great

hathor was a queen goa'uld, apparently they can give birth in human hosts, but probably to a lesser extent than those not, but not being in a host is lethal under most circumstances.

hathor needed human DNA to create more compatible symbiotes.

Comment

Oh ok I see. What is the difference between a "normal" symbiote and a queen?

Comment

queens can give birth

Comment

Right not what I meant thats my fault though. I've been up for like 20 hours sorry about that.

What I meant to say was... What makes a queen a queen? I mean all symbiotes are the same right?

Comment

Are there any Tok'ra queens?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Are there any Tok'ra queens?
              Yes. All the Tok'ra came from a single queen
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Hathor was a queen, but Daniel never impregnated her, she just used his DNA to make the symbiotes more compatible with humans from our gene pool.

Comment

I think the The Gou'ld queens are rare. They imprint their young with evil and thirst for power. The queen Egeria was different from the others, but I don't remember if that was ever explained why. She broke away from the Go'uld and created her own symbiotes to go against RA and all the other evil Gou'ld. Thus the Tok'ra was born. I don't think any other queens were born from Egeria, so the Tok'ra couldn't propogate when Egeria was lost.

Comment

Egeria is big how did she take a human host in 'Cure'.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                      Its best not to think about these things and suspend disbelief
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Its best not to think about these things and suspend disbelief
                        I know it was in jest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                          The large part of the body was left behind, you can see it in the tank, if I'm remembering correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                            I think the The Gou'ld queens are rare. They imprint their young with evil and thirst for power. The queen Egeria was different from the others, but I don't remember if that was ever explained why. She broke away from the Go'uld and created her own symbiotes to go against RA and all the other evil Gou'ld. Thus the Tok'ra was born. I don't think any other queens were born from Egeria, so the Tok'ra couldn't propogate when Egeria was lost.
                            If the symbiotes are anything like bee's, then they simply can't breed because of genetic memory. They are all too old to become queens, so a new larva Goa'uld would be needed, then the grown Tok'ra could use their version of royal jelly to turn the larva into a queen. The problem is, they'd have to use a Goa'uld larva which wouldn't help with anything as they'd just be making more Goa'uld.

Unless Egeria created a queen without the main collective of the Tok'ra knowing about it, their screwed (although time travel or alternate dimensions tend to solve everything).

sigpic

Comment

how about cloning Egeria
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Working...
                              X