PDA

View Full Version : Caprica returns to syfy in October 2010 !

Selene1212
July 21st, 2010, 07:26 AM
From the Caprica Facebook page.

CAPRICA RETURNS TO SYFY IN JANUARY 2011 Today at 11:20
New York, New York – July 21, 2010 – Syfy has announced the highly-anticipated return of critically-acclaimed series Caprica. The second half of season one premieres in January 2011 (date TBA), and kicks off with a thrilling pace as the citizens of Caprica deal with the chaotic aftermath of the mid-season finale’s harrowing events.

In season 1.5, the once idyllic world of Caprica – as well as life across the colonies – falls prey to an explosive chain reaction of consequences set off by the characters’ many questionable actions in the season’s first half. Tensions rise, power shifts and the line between reality and the virtual world becomes increasingly blurred as everyone struggles to learn – and conquer – the stakes in this volatile setting. As the season races towards its stunning conclusion, events of each episode lay the framework for the inevitable (and brutal) clash between the newly-created Cylon race and their human creators.

An all-new trailer for season 1.5 will premiere at Caprica’s Comic-Con panel on July 23, and before landing on Syfy.com, it will be available exclusively on Microsoft’s Zune Marketplace on Xbox LIVE and Windows PCs through the Zune PC software available for free at www.zune.net. (July 26).

Caprica stars Eric Stoltz (Daniel Graystone), Paula Malcomson (Amanda Graystone), Esai Morales (Joseph Adama), Polly Walker (Sister Clarice Willow), Alessandra Torresani (Zoe Graystone), Magda Apanowicz (Lacy) and Sasha Roiz (Sam Adama).

Caprica is a prequel to the award-winning series Battlestar Galactica. The series is from Universal Cable Productions, and is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. Jonas Pate serves as co-executive producer and director.

jelgate
July 21st, 2010, 08:32 AM
Thats all in going to kill the show to wait that long to air new episodes

major davis
July 21st, 2010, 08:59 AM
Thats all in going to kill the show to wait that long to air new episodes

Thats like a year between half seasons right? WOW. Still.. Couldn't good promotion do the trick?

TBA
July 21st, 2010, 09:02 AM
Well, better late than never I suppose.

jelgate
July 21st, 2010, 09:04 AM
Thats like a year between half seasons right? WOW. Still.. Couldn't good promotion do the trick?

9 months actually. Its still incredibly long. Promotion can help but a lot of casual viewers are going to forget about the show

TBA
July 21st, 2010, 09:09 AM
Still, it means I've got something new to watch when SGU is on mid-season break.

Osiristi
July 21st, 2010, 09:38 AM
It also most likely means that SGU and/or Sanctuary will hiatus during the Caprica 1.5. Damn you! Damn you all to hell!

TBA
July 21st, 2010, 09:42 AM
Caprica > SGU > Sanctuary.

Selene1212
July 21st, 2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah, a year 9 months between "half" seasons doesn't sound like a very good idea.

ETA: It could be saved if the new episodes are more "immediate" instead of relying on the history we've already learned. I doubt they could pull that off though.

DigiFluid
July 21st, 2010, 10:17 AM
Good lord.

major davis
July 21st, 2010, 10:54 AM
Caprica > SGU > Sanctuary.

SGU > Eureka > WH13 > Sanctuary/Caprica

Will caprica do the 1.0 DVD boxes?

major davis
July 21st, 2010, 10:56 AM
9 months actually. Its still incredibly long. Promotion can help but a lot of casual viewers are going to forget about the show

And then Promotion will remind them. Little confused here. :(

brucolac
July 21st, 2010, 11:12 AM
1 season over 3 years - Syfy may be on to something here...

Nutters.

jelgate
July 21st, 2010, 11:30 AM
And then Promotion will remind them. Little confused here. :(

You're underestimating the habits of casual viewers. They will have lost interest and have turned to some other show.

DigiFluid
July 21st, 2010, 02:50 PM
1 season over 3 years - Syfy may be on to something here...

Nutters.
Hrm.... 1.0 was January 22 till March 26. That's makes the 2011 airing of 1.5 two years, not three. And no, the pilot DVD doesn't count--it never aired on Syfy.

themeatcleaver
July 21st, 2010, 03:15 PM
assinine. why not just call it season 2 and be done with it?

Selene1212
July 21st, 2010, 05:54 PM
assinine. why not just call it season 2 and be done with it?You know, now that you mention it, that doesn't bother me as much as "them" releasing half a season as 1.0 and the other half as 1.5! Honestly, shouldn't it be like Caprica or SGU 0.5 & 1.0? Its very misleading...

the fifth man
July 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
Good lord.

Tell me about it. Waiting that long to air the second half is so stupid. And it will probably air in late January.:mad:

Pharaoh Atem
July 21st, 2010, 06:32 PM
wouldn't skiffy learn by now :( :S

the fifth man
July 21st, 2010, 06:49 PM
wouldn't skiffy learn by now :( :S

They will never learn. In this case though, I think they may have given up on this show. I kind of doubt we will see a second season.

jelgate
July 21st, 2010, 07:39 PM
They will never learn. In this case though, I think they may have given up on this show. I kind of doubt we will see a second season.

Thats probably it. Just burn it out when they have no shows ready

MattSilver 3k
July 22nd, 2010, 12:04 AM
Well.

That.

Frakking.

Sucks.

LoneStar1836
July 22nd, 2010, 08:04 AM
Well at least they are going to air the back half...finally. We had to wait a year or more for either S3 or 4 of BSG to air. :rolleyes:

This is probably the last nail in the coffin which sucks as I was really starting to enjoy Caprica. :(

brucolac
July 22nd, 2010, 08:29 AM
Hrm.... 1.0 was January 22 till March 26. That's makes the 2011 airing of 1.5 two years, not three. And no, the pilot DVD doesn't count--it never aired on Syfy.

Well... yeah. Extreme annoyance does drive me to hyperbole sometimes. :)

DigiFluid
July 22nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
Gotcha :D

Selene1212
July 22nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Could they possibly be planning to re-play the first half of the season before airing 1.5? That would help...

Osiristi
July 22nd, 2010, 11:58 AM
The producers could easily retool the whole premise of Caprica by making a timeskip of, say, five years. That would move the series very near the Cylon War.

DigiFluid
July 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
Could they possibly be planning to re-play the first half of the season before airing 1.5? That would help...
That would be my guess, yeah. Seems the only way they'd be able to promo half a season 9 months after the first half ended.

The producers could easily retool the whole premise of Caprica by making a timeskip of, say, five years. That would move the series very near the Cylon War.
That's interesting. And there's precedent for that too, what with the One Year Later jump in LDYB :)

jelgate
July 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM
SyFy will probably do thier catch up marathon the afternoon before the mid-season premiere

jsonitsac
July 22nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
At first I figured they were running this like SGU, do half a season at a time, then pause for the other show.

Selene1212
July 22nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
SyFy will probably do thier catch up marathon the afternoon before the mid-season premiereYeah, unfortunately thats probably exactly what will happen. :(

Pharaoh Atem
July 23rd, 2010, 08:16 PM
and it had better improve

Osiristi
July 24th, 2010, 12:06 AM
The show itself can improve, yes, but in my mind there's no need for that. I love the show as it is/was. The ratings, on the other hand, had indeed better improve.

EDIT: But yes, I think the show will pick up some pace as the showrunner changes.

lopo30
July 24th, 2010, 02:20 PM
another show what will get canceled cause of SYFY great idea for 9 months mid season break time

i seriously dont understand movie and tv series business
it's like they waist a lot of money on them and then cancel it cause they can

whats the viewers rating in Eureka after that 1 year break
how much that one year break lost viewers on that great show ?

the fifth man
July 24th, 2010, 06:33 PM
The show itself can improve, yes, but in my mind there's no need for that. I love the show as it is/was. The ratings, on the other hand, had indeed better improve.

EDIT: But yes, I think the show will pick up some pace as the showrunner changes.

I totally agree, on both counts. I really like this show, but the ratings definitely need a nice boost. I really want a second season.

Selene1212
July 26th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Who pays for the actors to go to Comic Con? They had a pretty large and lengthy panel....

Artemis-Neith
July 26th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Is it an accident that Caprica has this long breaks, like BSG had before? Do SyFy do this with other shows also? I have no concrete data about that, but I don't think you can push the rating of a show if you show 18 episodes in -- what was it: April 2009 up to ~ April 2011 for one of the last episodes of season 1 -- 24 months.

Does anybody know more about ratings and the long breaks?

hallmjo
July 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Frak, this does not bode well for a renewal :(

Selene1212
July 29th, 2010, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL4Xf-sDZOU

nephtys59
August 8th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Nice trailer!!! Can't wait for January!!!

the fifth man
August 8th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Nice trailer!!! Can't wait for January!!!

It was a great trailer, and I can't wait for the rest of Season 1 either. I just hope we somehow get a second season. I don't want this to be a one and done show.

Wayston
August 9th, 2010, 10:54 AM
and STILL no definitive word on a pick up for a second season??

the fifth man
August 9th, 2010, 06:43 PM
and STILL no definitive word on a pick up for a second season??

Nope! Nothing yet.:(

YsoL8
August 10th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Shoddy way to treat a series, putting such a huge break in. Excellent way to lose veiwers.

Shame 'cause the last episode finally started to look faster paced

the fifth man
August 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I was enjoying the show for the most part. This long wait has really burst my bubble.

Kailtor
August 20th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Even though it's been a horribly long wait, I'm still really looking forward to seeing where this goes. Hopefully it will get more viewership because I don't really know if it will survive another set of episodes that don't pull good ratings.

TBA
August 21st, 2010, 02:29 AM
That'd be a shame, yeah. The first few episodes were slow and I can see why people hooked off, but imo it's one of the best shows currently on (well, it's now on break) air.

Wildrose-Wally
September 9th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Syfy just announced that it's moving the premiere of season 1.5 of Caprica to Oct. 5 at 10 p.m. instead of the originally planned return in January 2011. This is good news for fans who were left hanging with the midseason finale cliffhanger back in March and were disappointed that the show would take so long to return.

The move will put Caprica on Tuesday nights following Stargate Universe and push back the premiere of the new season of Sanctuary to Friday, Oct. 15, at 10 p.m. Sanctuary will air on Fridays instead of Tuesdays as part of the shift.

Source: http://blastr.com/2010/09/syfy-brings-caprica-back.php

Osiris
September 11th, 2010, 03:28 AM
This was already reported in the news thread.

Can someone change the title of the thread, please? :)

hallmjo
September 17th, 2010, 07:34 AM
This thread is now really confusing, it would be better to lock it and open a new one about October 2010 as all the initial discussion assumes a different start date.

That being said, exciting and "maybe" a good sign for the show!

Selene1212
September 26th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I'm sad that SyFy didn't re-air season 1 (the first half?) before starting. {Of Caprica OR SGU!!} But hopefully this season will play out that new viewers won't be overly confused if they jump in at this point.

Osiristi
September 26th, 2010, 12:37 AM
They reair most of SGU S01 on 28th and episodes 6-9 of Caprica on 5th.

Selene1212
September 26th, 2010, 05:56 AM
They reair most of SGU S01 on 28th and episodes 6-9 of Caprica on 5th."Most" is the key word there. I don't know about you, but if I'm just looking for a new show to try I'm not about to sit through 5+ hours of the unknown in one day unless its something I was already invested in, in which case I would've (and have!) watched the show from the beginning. In my opinion its not a very good way to bring in new viewers.

jelgate
September 26th, 2010, 08:40 AM
"Most" is the key word there. I don't know about you, but if I'm just looking for a new show to try I'm not about to sit through 5+ hours of the unknown in one day unless its something I was already invested in, in which case I would've (and have!) watched the show from the beginning. In my opinion its not a very good way to bring in new viewers.
Thier is not scheduling time to run marathons of all the episodes of previous seasons of shows

Selene1212
September 26th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Thier is not scheduling time to run marathons of all the episodes of previous seasons of showsOh thats just BS. With all the reruns they play all week long and if they let go some of the crap shows (*cough* wrestling *cough*) there would be plenty of time & then some. I mean, I love Destination Truth, but do we need to have a marathon of reruns of it tomorrow?

Girlbot
September 26th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I am looking forward to this. since I wasn't a BSG watcher (raises forceshield) I am totally oblivious to the cylon storyline and am watching this series cold:D Hope it continues to be good

Selene1212
September 26th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I am looking forward to this. since I wasn't a BSG watcher (raises forceshield) I am totally oblivious to the cylon storyline and am watching this series cold:D Hope it continues to be good

I never watched the newer BSG (just the original with Lorne Greene) either, but I LOVE Caprica. I think its really great and hope more viewers do give it a try this time around.

jelgate
September 26th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Oh thats just BS. With all the reruns they play all week long and if they let go some of the crap shows (*cough* wrestling *cough*) there would be plenty of time & then some. I mean, I love Destination Truth, but do we need to have a marathon of reruns of it tomorrow?
Whats crap to you is gold to someone else. Sy Fy is going to run marathons of shows that are more profitable. They also only do catch up marathons to shows on the day said show aired

Pharaoh Atem
September 28th, 2010, 01:56 PM
saw a awesome promo today. using the bsg cylon line

"The cylons were created by
man. They evolved. They rebelled. And they have a
plan."

finally added some credibility to the series for me

the fifth man
September 28th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Some of the little teasers they showed tonight during SGU got me pretty excited about it coming back. I can't wait until next Tuesday night.

Girlbot
September 29th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Some of the little teasers they showed tonight during SGU got me pretty excited about it coming back. I can't wait until next Tuesday night.

I saw that I can't wait