Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I suppose a newbie question about Jaffa armies in the original movie vs SG-1 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose a newbie question about Jaffa armies in the original movie vs SG-1 ?

This has probably been asked and answered a hundred times here on the forum but I guess I will try asking it once myself. In the movie Stargate, Ra's Royal Gaurds (Jaffa) are wearing different head dresses as to what we often see in the series with Apophis soldiers. Could someone explain the difference here with the two different Jaffa armies? Thank you

Ra's 'jaffa' (although technically they are humans in the film) are horus guards, Apophis's are serpent guards. It's all to do with the mythology - certain creatures are associated with different Egyptian gods, so they use that mythology in the design of the jaffa armour.

Vague spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    As you continue to watch, you will meet horus guards again, and other kinds of jaffa.

Comment

Each Goa'uld can choose his own uniforms, markings and such for his/her Jaffa and/or Human soldiers and/or slaves.
      sigpic

Comment

Also, the cool retractable headgear cost money, so it is only used a few times in the series.

As they said above, Goa'uld all had their unique type of armor.

As our friend Teal'c said as a Jaffa Joke, "A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose...drips."

Comment

Hey, thanks for the replies, good answers and it makes sense!

Comment

In the original movie you mainly see Falcon guards which are meant to protect Ra's family so includes Horus(Heru-ur) You see these guards throughout SG-1

Serpent Guards protect Apophis and agaim are very common early on in SG1, We also see Sokar's guards not to have headgear but a red more hellish looking uniform.

It should also be noted that we have seen 1 Anubis guard in the original move, the jekal(dog) looking guard is associated with Anubis although this is just a coincidence in the story.

Unfortunatley we never saw a Setesh guard....just heard the jokes

Comment

Working...
            X