Advanced races in SGA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced races in SGA

in the episode 'Ghost in the machine' weir says that there are a surprising number of advanced races in the Pegasus galaxy. is anyone else kinda annoyed that we never got to see any of them??? and im pretty sure it was rude of weir not to say how to contact any of these races in case they could help too
    sigpic

Originally posted by The Dude of Lebowski View Post
    is anyone else kinda annoyed that we never got to see any of them???
    Very much so. Had we gotten a sixth season, we likely would have met at least one

Comment

Well we did see the Asgard that are in Pegasus, and we'd already met the Travellers, plus there's those guys from The Daedalus Variations, but they're AU so they might not exist in our reality I suppose...

Comment

she said a surprising amount...3 not very surprising haha
        sigpic

Comment

Well you said we never got to see any of them, not all of them...

Comment

well i ment not all of them........well at least, more of them
            sigpic

Comment

Weren't the Travellers closer to human Goa'uld in that most, if not all, of their technology, is scavenged? I wouldn't call a race that owns some equipment, but lacks a set manufacturing base or widespread knowledge, "advanced".
              Last edited by Ragitsu; 20 July 2010, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragitsu View Post
                Weren't the Travellers closer to human Goa'uld in that most, if not all, of their technology, is scavenged? I wouldn't call a race that owns some equipment, but lacks a set manufacturing base or widespread knowledge, "advanced".
                Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  Nope.
                  They constantly took spaceships by force, or, "found" them. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the latter is a type of scavenging.

Comment

They constantly took spaceships by force, or, "found" them. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the latter is a type of scavenging.
                    not to mention spare parts
                    sigpic

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only instance of them taking a ship that we know of was the Ancient one they found, I don't remember any mention of them 'constantly taking spaceships by force'. The rest of their fleet was manufactured by them, they were advanced humans that turned nomadic to avoid the Wraith.

Comment

either way...they were quite advanced i guess, as they could take out a rouge asgard ship...which to me didnt seem quite right.
                        sigpic

Comment

well all of us would lix to see season six of sga but i don't think we will ever get the chance to see any of this races
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Whell Weir said that they are hiding from Wraith so i don't think that they would make first step so Atlantis expedition need to find them i would like to find out more races in the movie

Comment

Its kinda dissapointed that there are advanced races hiding out as it kind of makes the Wraith look like they didnt do a great job wiping out everyone in pegasus. Travellers are fine as they are spacebound, Dark Asgard fair enough even the Asurans pressumably left alone as they were deemed not a threat. However more races just doesnt seem right if the Wraith drove the Ancients out of the galaxy then didnt maintain there superiority by not getting rid of other races.

Comment

Working...
                              X