Ever have a "real" supernatural moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever have a "real" supernatural moment?

Ever seen, or think you've seen, a ghost? Ever get a cold chill up your spine? Has something strange ever happened to you that you just can't explain? Ever been scared half to death by something/someone?

If so, let's here it!

The summer after my grandmother died, 20 years ago this Oct, I was in bed sleeping with just a sheet on me. Well, I swore I felt something brush/tough my leg but when I opened my eyes there was no one there. To this day I believe it was my grandmother. I miss her.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    Ever seen, or think you've seen, a ghost? Ever get a cold chill up your spine? Has something strange ever happened to you that you just can't explain? Ever been scared half to death by something/someone?

If so, let's here it!

The summer after my grandmother died, 20 years ago this Oct, I was in bed sleeping with just a sheet on me. Well, I swore I felt something brush/tough my leg but when I opened my eyes there was no one there. To this day I believe it was my grandmother. I miss her.
    *hugs*

Don't know if this can really count but I remember after my brothers funeral my brothers friend let off a balloon and it wasn't too windy and we weren't too close to any trees but his mate let the balloon go and it took a sharp turn and got stuck In a tree and we always said that my brother was trying to make us laugh one last time as he always enjoyed annoying his friend
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
      *hugs*

Don't know if this can really count but I remember after my brothers funeral my brothers friend let off a balloon and it wasn't too windy and we weren't too close to any trees but his mate let the balloon go and it took a sharp turn and got stuck In a tree and we always said that my brother was trying to make us laugh one last time as he always enjoyed annoying his friend
      *hugs back*

...and yes, it counts.

Years ago my brother took picture of a (supposed) ghost in a window of an old creepy looking house in the town we used to live in. I haven't seen the pic in a long time. But, If I find it I'll share it.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        *hugs back*

...and yes, it counts.

Years ago my brother took picture of a (supposed) ghost in a window of an old creepy looking house in the town we used to live in. I haven't seen the pic in a long time. But, If I find it I'll share it.
        That would be cool

I don't think I've had any more moments but quite a few cold shivers when I'm in the house alone.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
          That would be cool
          Okay...

I don't think I've had any more moments but quite a few cold shivers when I'm in the house alone.
          I too get the odd chill now and then... Oh, just remembered something. When I was little I attended daycare in this creepy (to me) old school, our room was the only room in use, the rest of the school was bathed in darkness. Well, we had a time out room off of the main room where wed be put if we were naughty but we could also play in there when it was unoccupied. All it boasted was a table and a few chairs, if memory serves. One day while playing in that room I swore I heard music coming through the back wall and it creeped me out because we were the only one in the building. All I could think was...OMG, there's ghost in the building!:eeK: I know for a fact that we were the only ones because one day some of us kids took a trip down the hall to one of the empty rooms with one of the ladies in charge to make one of those things where you blow up a balloon then cover it with strips of newspaper dipped in a mixture of flour and water (a very loose, kid safe paste)...paper mache, that's it. Anyway, the halls were quiet, empty, dark and very spooky. I remember being scared walking down the hallway. It was even scary going down to the gym when we could go out side for "recess" due to rain or other inclement weather.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

0o0o0o0 I've got quite a few of these, but I'll tell the most recent one first.

Couple'a months ago, I was at a drug-rehab center-turned-Christian-retreat-center. The retreat coordinators had told us the place was haunted and I believed them; HELLO-O!!! It's a former drug-rehab center!! Anyways, the second night I'm there, I hear this tortured screaming coming from down the hall. No, I do not go investigate, but for the next hour I'm praying the Hail Mary until I manage to fall asleep. The next morning I ask if anybody else heard the screams: they didn't.

There's what appears to be a face with a horn in the paint on my wall.

One night I was sleeping out in the living room and I felt a presence with me. Then I felt something scraping my leg. A few days later I wake up and there are cat scratches on my neck/shoulder area. Wonderful.

I've also got pictures from Colonial Williamsburg of orbings taken about 4 years ago.

The Supernatural and I bump into each other quite often!!
            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post

There's what appears to be a face with a horn in the paint on my wall.
              HOLY sh1t! That is so creepy!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post

I've also got pictures from Colonial Williamsburg of orbings taken about 4 years ago.
                Don't wanna be an ass-butt or any thing, but orbs have been pretty conclusively proven to be digital camera inacuracies. Just like rods.

Any way my mom died back in march. We took off life support on my birthday and I had this sense when I woke up beofre dawn the next morning that it would be soon. Not long after the sun came up I got the call that she had passed. I'm the strong one in my family. I don't show emotions where people can see. So that night I was feeling as alone and as miserable as I've ever felt in my life. I felt a hand caress my face and knead my shoulder for a few seconds, and then I saw a wierd white misty shape move on down the hall towards my dad's room.

I'm generally a skeptical guy but I will all ways believe that was my mom checking on me and letting me know she was okay,
                Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by eviladam View Post
                  Any way my mom died back in march. We took off life support on my birthday and I had this sense when I woke up beofre dawn the next morning that it would be soon. Not long after the sun came up I got the call that she had passed. I'm the strong one in my family. I don't show emotions where people can see. So that night I was feeling as alone and as miserable as I've ever felt in my life. I felt a hand caress my face and knead my shoulder for a few seconds, and then I saw a wierd white misty shape move on down the hall towards my dad's room.

I'm generally a skeptical guy but I will all ways believe that was my mom checking on me and letting me know she was okay,
                  I believe it was your mom.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

This morning my mom was in the bathroom getting ready for work when she heard what she thought was me knocking on the door and responded accordingly with..."Yeah, almost done!" However, it wasn't me...I was fast asleep in my bed. She said the knocking went on and she called my name thinking it was me, that It really had to go. Nope. I really scared her, even more when she asked me about it later on...

About a year ago I was home alone, in my kitchen, when suddenly I heard a noise from the basement...sounded like something scratching at the door, trying to get out?. It scared the holy crap outta me. I called my aunt to come over and check it out but we couldn't find anything in the basement. No animals, nothing; not a bird or even a squirrel. Nada. To this day I have no clue what it was...And haven't been in the basement since. Watching SPN had got me thinkin' that it could be all sorts of things.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

I used to work in a gas station that we all thought was haunted. All kinds of wierd stuff would happen in there. Especially when I was alone closing the store. I'd hear what I thought was a voice calling my name. Once I was sitting at the desk doing paper work. The desk was right behind this bread rack display thing. Something hit the hell out of it. It was like a person punched it as hard as they could. And I could never figure out what else could have made that happen. And once the lights flashed and kinda went out for a second and it was like all the shadow in the room gathered into a humanoid outline for an instant when the lights came back on. Four of us saw that and it scared the crap out of us all.
                      Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

There's been some psychic traits in my family on my mom's side - my great grandmother could predict bad news in letters before they were opened, my grandmother would wait for my granddad at the train station when he wanted to pay her a surprise visit, and my aunt swears my mom was able to 'remote control' my sister and I when we were toddlers. I take after my dad, so I've never been able to do anything like that. But we all believe that the number 13 is our lucky number. Well, my grandmother passed away on Oct. 2nd. And eleven days later, on Friday the 13th, my daughter was conceived. My husband and I had been trying for six months to have another child. I know the date for a fact, because my husband came down with a flu the same night, so that was the only time during that cycle it could have happened. During my whole pregnancy I just knew it was going to be a girl - I already had a son, and my grandmother knew I was hoping for a girl next. But what threw me a bit was that the birth date the doctor calculated was June 27, my grandmother's birthday. Well, I was expecting my little girl to make an appearance that day, but she waited another week. There's a proverb in Germany that girls are always a week late because they need to preen themselves... Anyway, she's the same zodiac sign as my grandmother, and many people - who don't know this story - have told me she resembles her.

sigpic
                        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Okay, maybe I'm just weird, but I've known when things are going to happen before. It's only happened a few times, maybe 6 or so.

The first time I was baby-sitting for our neighbor, and she called to say she wasn't feeling well, so I wouldn't have to come over. She didn't tell me why, but I thought, 'Oh, she's going to have a baby.' Then, about three months later, my mom told my our neighbor was pregnant. I didn't really think anything of it, but then it happened again, with my aunt, about two years ago.

I've known when the phone was for me before too, even when I wasn't expecting anyone to call, and I've known what my sister wanted to talk to me about, before she told me.

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                          X