PDA

View Full Version : Singularity (114)

Pages : 1 [2]

Falcon Horus
August 21st, 2018, 03:45 PM
2. Teal'c changed the gender of Nirrti:
"This Goa'uld Nirti, he once sent an emissary of peace to negotiate a treaty concerning a Stargate Apophis had taken control of. The negotiation was a ploy. The Stargate was destroyed."
While we know that the "he" is actually will be a "she" in season 3.

That's not necessarily an error.

Osiris too changed from male to female, and I doubt Goa'uld have a specific gender in mind when they occupy hosts. They just impersonate a bunch gods, some of an unspecified gender themselves.

3. They go down only 28 floors and not 30 as Jack said it.
"O'NEILL : This elevator goes down thirty floors through solid rock. Takes about three minutes to get to the bottom. That gives you four minutes to start back up."

Groundfloor makes 29 -- topfloor 30, and 28 in between.

Platschu
August 21st, 2018, 03:51 PM
I am just a messenger / translator. :P The floor level really showed only 28, but it makes sense what you have said.

About Nirrti... I know she can be a he... Or Maybe Teal'c hasn't seen her directly, so he was misinformed about her.

Just a little note this story will continue in season 5. SPOILER alert?! They said here everybody died (it was confirmed again in season 3x03 Fair game), while actually only "just" the village of Cassandra has died.

Falcon Horus
August 22nd, 2018, 06:45 AM
I am just a messenger / translator. :P The floor level really showed only 28, but it makes sense what you have said.

Well, I don't know really... I'm guessing since Americans have that odd thing with ground floors being floor 1 and all, instead of floor 0.

About Nirrti... I know she can be a he... Or Maybe Teal'c hasn't seen her directly, so he was misinformed about her.

Maybe Nirrti took a male host once. *shrug*

Or we'll just have to blame it on the poor research skills of the writers. :p

Just a little note this story will continue in season 5. SPOILER alert?! They said here everybody died (it was confirmed again in season 3x03 Fair game), while actually only "just" the village of Cassandra has died.

They often do that -- saying everyone died but all we saw was one village near the gate, while there could have been plenty more somewhere else.

Platschu
August 22nd, 2018, 01:42 PM
What I have never really liked in Stargate, that a few miles radius around the stargate is a world. Try to imagine if could have only just one extra planet. Every continent would be colonized or something. I know that the Goa'uld and the Wraith kept the population down everywhere so that was the reason of small and undeveloped villages.

Just imagine an alien race visit us on Earth. Then they see only the SGC. Will they judge the complete planet for their actions? What if they would be an amazing ally with China or Australia or Iran or any countries. I know it is a tv show, so we can't expect such high-level moral thinking, just I felt that they are throwing away planets way too easily after a bad first contact experience. Maybe this conversation could have an own thread. ;)

Falcon Horus
August 23rd, 2018, 02:51 AM
I agree... especially when the SGC is considered the only representative, and that it takes until season 6 with Disclosure before they even stop representing Earth as a whole.

Hypothetically speaking, in fictional terms, if Russia had never meddled with the other stargate, the SGC would still be representing Earth, right up to the point where the Goa'uld appeared in our sky, and then it would have been "Oh yeah, by the way... They think we're in charge of this place." :p

aretood2
August 24th, 2018, 05:48 PM
They often do that -- saying everyone died but all we saw was one village near the gate, while there could have been plenty more somewhere else.

That has always bugged me.

SG-1 arrives at isolated world with a gate in the center plaza of the village

Daniel: You've been on this planet for hundreds of years, nobody ever used the stargate, and there are only a few hundred people on this planet?
Villagers: Yes.
Jack: So you're all like related?
Villagers: *shrug*
Sam: Technobable
Teal'c: Indeed

Platschu
August 26th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Well... They had to explain the lack of extras. Goa'uld wars decimated the locals in MW, Wraith culling harvested the locals in Pegasus galaxy.

They even mentioned that the Goa'uld never let a big population on a planet, probably because they couldn't control them and continue the act of gods and goddesses.

lunasera
December 9th, 2018, 04:44 AM

I liked this episode okay until Sam goes back down - I didn't believe her at all that she "knew" Cassandra wouldn't go off - just seemed really stupid to possibly sacrifice herself if she was wrong.

Falcon Horus
December 10th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Well, if she had been wrong, she'd be dead but that's never gonna happen cause they don't kill main characters in Stargate unless the actors ask to be removed.

Or at least, main characters TPTW liked enough to keep around, anyone else was fair game. So basically, Carter was never in any real danger.

lunasera
December 10th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Well, if she had been wrong, she'd be dead but that's never gonna happen cause they don't kill main characters in Stargate unless the actors ask to be removed.

Or at least, main characters TPTW liked enough to keep around, anyone else was fair game. So basically, Carter was never in any real danger.

Right but that's what makes it so cheap! Her going back effectively guarantees that she doesn't blow up - so not only do you have a stupid decision from Carter, but you killed the dramatic tension at the last moment.

Falcon Horus
December 11th, 2018, 05:13 AM
Right but that's what makes it so cheap! Her going back effectively guarantees that she doesn't blow up - so not only do you have a stupid decision from Carter, but you killed the dramatic tension at the last moment.

Mmm... yeah... when you put it that way... :p

Chaka-Z0
December 11th, 2018, 06:16 AM

:rolleyes: Did you know that on your first watch of season 1? Nobody knew that at the time right?

Falcon Horus
December 11th, 2018, 06:20 AM
:rolleyes: Did you know that on your first watch of season 1? Nobody knew that at the time right?

Hindsight... or something... is always 20/20.

lunasera
December 11th, 2018, 09:19 AM

Based on like shows of the era though - It would have been bold indeed if they killed off a main character in such a way - possibly unprecedented!

Chaka-Z0
December 11th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Based on like shows of the era though - It would have been bold indeed if they killed off a main character in such a way - possibly unprecedented!

I was actually expecting that response from FH :D Shooo!!

But yea, you're right. I was quite young when the 1st season aired so I was a naive Chaka I guess. I had a crush on Amanda too...

Platschu
December 11th, 2018, 12:47 PM
I had a crush on Amanda too...
Which teenager boys hadn't? :cool:

Talking about naive viewers. When Sheridan died at Za'ha'dum in Babylon 5, I really believed that is the end for him. I didn't know the cruelty of season finale's cliffhangers. That scene made me even cry. :o

jelgate
December 11th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Which teenager boys hadn't? :cool:

*raises hand*

Platschu
December 11th, 2018, 01:04 PM
jelly: you have a crush on bacons, we all know that. :P

Actually Gabrielle from Xena was the real one. And Dr. Julia Heller from Earth 2.... Sam is just the third, but then Vala took over this position, but I was already influenced by FarScape. :D

Falcon Horus
December 11th, 2018, 03:44 PM
I was actually expecting that response from FH :D Shooo!!

:lol:

I'm too predictable. :p

Actually Gabrielle from Xena was the real one.

Literally smitten with her. :teylaanime03:

(teenage girl though so hella confusing at the time)

Chaka-Z0
December 11th, 2018, 04:17 PM
*raises hand*

That's because you were born a man.

:lol:

I'm too predictable. :p

Literally smitten with her. :teylaanime03:

(teenage girl though so hella confusing at the time)

Noice.