Vala & "Revolution"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala & "Revolution"

I've read Vala won't be in Stargate: Revolution, but I ask why? If the character doesn't fit the story, OK... but why not work her in for a brief appearance? Look at Continuum for example. General Landry appears in the opening scene of the movie and only returns for a second scene set in the alternate timeline. He's barely in the movie, but his role is still very important. If the actress had to back out for parental reasons, then I totally support that. I just hope Claudia Black isn't being kicked to the curb out of character dislike.

Well given the current state of MGM, I think Claudia Black not being in the movie is the least of worries...

Still though I agree, I really loved Vala's character and Claudia Black really did a great job, I think if Mitchell hadn't been there at all, and instead had just Vala join the cast would have given more time to the character's development and really flesh her out....
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Vala's been fleshed out plenty. For me, it's an issue of kicking an actor to the curb because you don't like the character. I don't think Brad Wright liked the whole Ori saga, at least not Vala anyway. She was introduced in the eighth season, returned for eight episodes in the ninth season, joined the cast full time in the tenth season, and had a major role in tieing off the Ori storyline in The Ark of Truth. While Vala didn't do much in Continuum, Claudia Black got to play Quetesh in the alternate timeline. I'm just hoping that, assuming the movie gets made, Claudia Black at least gets a cameo.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        Vala's been fleshed out plenty. For me, it's an issue of kicking an actor to the curb because you don't like the character. I don't think Brad Wright liked the whole Ori saga, at least not Vala anyway. She was introduced in the eighth season, returned for eight episodes in the ninth season, joined the cast full time in the tenth season, and had a major role in tieing off the Ori storyline in The Ark of Truth. While Vala didn't do much in Continuum, Claudia Black got to play Quetesh in the alternate timeline. I'm just hoping that, assuming the movie gets made, Claudia Black at least gets a cameo.
        I doubt very much that whether she's in the next film has anything to do with being liked or disliked; I don't think Brad Wright would make a decision based on something like that. I could be wrong, but it was my impression he wanted to make the next movie revolve mostly around Jack O'Neill and the original SG1 team.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I doubt very much that whether she's in the next film has anything to do with being liked or disliked; I don't think Brad Wright would make a decision based on something like that. I could be wrong, but it was my impression he wanted to make the next movie revolve mostly around Jack O'Neill and the original SG1 team.
          Nothing beats the good old crutch

IIRC Brad Wright said he didn't think Vala fitted into the 3rd movied. But I don't know if the original team is a right assessment. I've heard nothing saying Mitchell or Landry weren't going to be in the movie if thier ever is a movie
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I always got the impression that Brad Wright disliked Vala... or liked her less. It was the other writers that seemed to favour her more. Now that RCC is gone... I doubt she has much chance of being in the movie, if a movie ends up being made.

Comment

he can't deny the new characters, they are part of the franchise now, so they have to at least have a cameo

Comment

maybe the movie is in the past where Vala wasnt introduced
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Jeffer View Post
                  maybe the movie is in the past where Vala wasnt introduced
                  Doubtfull. The writters have expressed that don't like to mess up with the chronology
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                    he can't deny the new characters, they are part of the franchise now, so they have to at least have a cameo
                    Jonas Quinn much?

Meh. People know my opinion on Vala. Excellent in S8. Good and interesting in S9. Pain in the God damn ARSE in S10+AoT (complaining about breaking nails? wtf...), on reflection I suppose Vala (as opposed to Quetesh, who was great) was alright in Continuum.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      Jonas Quinn much?
                      Jonas is supposedly dead

Comment

Jonas is supposedly dead
                        Actually, it was stated in one of the S9 or 10 episodes that his homeworld had been overrun by the Ori; nothing was said about Jonas being dead. There could have been survivors, and he was among them. Or he could have been offworld at the time, and is still out there somewhere. At least that's how I see it in my own little world.

And as for Vala not being in the movie, the idea that she's still off with Ba'al's host trying to help him is a good one. Given how long the host had been a host, he'd need a lot of support and assistance.

Comment

Actually, it was stated in one of the S9 or 10 episodes that his homeworld had been overrun by the Ori; nothing was said about Jonas being dead. There could have been survivors, and he was among them. Or he could have been offworld at the time, and is still out there somewhere. At least that's how I see it in my own little world.
                          If he was out there then why not dial Earth

Comment

If he was out there then why not dial Earth
                            Gate not working; he hasn't had a chance to yet for whatever reason; he will when he gets the chance. There are actually several good fanfic stories about his survival.

And there's always the possibility he has contacted earth, and it was never mentioned (like the boy in "The Light", and Niam in "New Ground" were never heard of again once they got to earth). Just like many other people and storylines were not spoken of again.

EDIT: OT:

Spoiler:
                            From the episode "Counterstrike":

CARTER: Meanwhile we received word that five more planets have fallen to the Ori, including Hebridan and Langara. So far we haven't heard anything from our allies on either world.

To me, that implies there were survivors on both worlds (not that every living person on those planets had been killed), who have simply been unable to contact the SGC at that time.
                            Last edited by hedwig; 15 July 2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              IIRC Brad Wright said he didn't think Vala fitted into the 3rd movied. But I don't know if the original team is a right assessment. I've heard nothing saying Mitchell or Landry weren't going to be in the movie if thier ever is a movie
                              I recall AT, MS, and CJ saying that they had heard about it/talked to people but neither of the BBs had heard anything and knew nothing about the film. But I hope Mitchell is there.

And as for Vala not being in the movie, the idea that she's still off with Ba'al's host trying to help him is a good one. Given how long the host had been a host, he'd need a lot of support and assistance.
                              Yeah, I don't want to see her in the film but I hope they at least give a line drop explaining her absence.

Personally, I agree with both hedwig and CaramelMonkey in that I don't think BW was ever a very big fan of the character (and hey, we all have our favorites) and that BW wanted to make a Jack/original team film and chose, for whatever reason, not to use her.
                              Last edited by Ashizuri; 15 July 2010, 08:07 AM.
                              Originally posted by Callista
                              Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                              Originally posted by HPMom
                              She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Working...
                              X