PDA

View Full Version : Rank your shows...Which shows are most important to you?

Killdeer
July 13th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Just for fun.....

I was thinking about all the TV shows I watch, and trying to arrange them into some sort of priority list. Basically I came up with four tiers of shows.

TIER I - Favorites. These are the shows at the absolute top of your priority list, the ones you make sure to never miss, the ones you count the days until they come back. :) You may also rewatch them multiple times. :D

TIER II - Good/Great shows. These are the ones you enjoy a lot, but for one reason or another, aren't necessarily favorites. You don't need to necessarily watch them right away - they'll keep a day or two. :)

TIER III - Moderately enjoyable shows. These are the shows that are further down on the priority list. They get watched last. You enjoy them alright (most of the time), but you wouldn't be heartbroken to lose them either.

TIER IV - Bubble shows. These are shows that you're iffy about or or about to give up on. You may have enjoyed them at one time, or you may have been waiting them out in hopes they would improve. Either way, your future with these shows is questionable.

And I guess there could be a fifth tier -
TIER V - Possible shows. Shows you haven't started watching yet, but you're interested in taking a look.

So how do your shows rank? :)

For me (in alphabetical order) -

TIER I - Castle, Chuck, Eureka, Warehouse 13

TIER II - Fringe, In Plain Sight, NCIS LA, White Collar

TIER III - Burn Notice, Human Target, The Mentalist, NCIS, Psych, Royal Pains

TIER IV - CSI: NY

TIER V - Body of Proof, Covert Affairs, Hawaii Five-0, No Ordinary Family, Rizzoli & Isles, Undercovers

Col.Foley
July 13th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Great idea :D. Question: Do these have to be current shows, I mean that could be a tier five or a tier 6, shows that are no longer on but you love them anyways :P

Killdeer
July 13th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I was thinking current shows, but you can add that as a new tier if you want, or throw it into the other tiers. :) Good idea.

Feel free to customize as needed - no hard and fast rules here. :D

Col.Foley
July 13th, 2010, 05:06 PM
You can add that as a new tier if you want. :) Good idea.

Awesome:D

Tier I: Doctor Who, Glenn Beck, Stargate Universe,

Tier II : NCIS, Chuck, Eureka, Torchwood

Tier III: Smallville, Star Wars the Clone Wars, Warehouse 13,

Tier IV: Haven.

Tier V: N/A

Tier VI: Fav shows that are not on anymore: 24, Babylon 5, Firefly, both the Stargates, Many of the Treks :P, Digimon, Farscape

Tier VII: Shows you want to catch up on or watch all of later: 24, CSI.

DigiFluid
July 13th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Good thread idea, I like it. And now I will proceed to make what will undoubtedly be one of the longest in the thread :p:D

Tier I: Absolute Favourites
Battlestar Galactica (RDM), Doctor Who, Farscape, Rescue Me, The Sopranos, Star Trek TOS, The Wire

Tier II: Greats
Babylon 5, Batman TAS, Carnivale, Deadwood, Defying Gravity, Entourage, Eureka, Firefly, Futurama, Lexx, Red Dwarf, Rome, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Universe, Twin Peaks, Warehouse 13, The X-Files

Tier II.5: Not as good as Great, but better than Good
Da Ali G Show, Chuck, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Family Guy, Flight of the Conchords, Mad Men, Oz, Party Down, The Simpsons, Torchwood, The Tudors, Undergrads, X-Men (1990s Fox animated series)

Tier III: Good
Big Love, The Boondocks, Bored to Death, Caprica, Earth Final Conflict (Seasons 1-3), Gravity, How to Make It in America, Hung, The Lone Gunmen, The Muppet Show, Southland, Star Trek Enterprise, True Blood

Tier IV: The Bubble, shows I watch but might quit
Haven, V 2009

Tier V: Interested in Starting
Andromeda, Arrested Development, Boston Legal, Fringe, The Shield, Six Feet Under, Terminator TSCC

Tier VI: Shows I used to watch, but either quit/wish I hadn't bothered (or both):
Sanctuary, Star Trek Voyager, Stargate Atlantis

Col.Foley
July 13th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Good thread idea, I like it. And now I will proceed to make what will undoubtedly be one of the longest in the thread :p:D

Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Farscape, Rescue Me, The Sopranos, Star Trek TOS, The Wire

Babylon 5, Carnivale, Deadwood, Defying Gravity, Entourage, Eureka, Firefly, Futurama, Lexx, Red Dwarf, Rome, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Universe, Twin Peaks, Warehouse 13, The X-Files

Chuck, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Family Guy, Flight of the Conchords, Mad Men, Oz, Party Down, The Simpsons, The Tudors, Undergrads, X-Men (1990s Fox animated series)

Big Love, The Boondocks, Bored to Death, Caprica, Earth Final Conflict (Seasons 1-3), Gravity, How to Make It in America, Hung, The Lone Gunmen, The Muppet Show, Southland, Star Trek Enterprise, True Blood

Haven, V 2009

Andromeda, Arrested Development, Boston Legal, Fringe, The Shield, Six Feet Under, Terminator TSCC

Tier VI: Shows I used to watch, but either quit or wish I hadn't bothered:
Sanctuary, Stargate Atlantis

Foregot about Farscape :o

DigiFluid
July 13th, 2010, 05:34 PM
And I forgot Torchwood....I think I'll edit that one in to II.5 :)

Col.Foley
July 13th, 2010, 05:35 PM
And I forgot Torchwood....I think I'll edit that one in to II.5 :)

yeah good one forgot that one too :P.

Ashizuri
July 13th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Supernatural, True Blood, SG1, Veronica Mars, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Queer as Folk (American), Doctor Who (Moff's).

Firefly, Angel, Stargate Universe, Adventure Time, Tosh.O, Friends, Gilmore Girls, ST:TNG.

Cake Boss, Burn Notice, White Collar, Leverage, the Colbert Report.

Sanctuary, Smallville.

Battlestar Galactica, Fringe, Bones, Weeds, Haven.

SGA, Torchwood

lordofseas
July 13th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Tier I: The Best of the Best - Battlestar Galactica (Re-Imagined), Farscape, Monk, Avatar: The Last Airbender

Tier II: The Crowd Pleasers - Futurama, Stargate: Universe, Warehouse 13, Sanctuary, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Bones, Psych, Burn Notice, White Collar, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, House, NCIS, Stargate SG-1

Tier III: The O.K./Watchable/Passable Shows - CSI: New York, CSI: Miami, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Torchwood (albeit an adjunct off of Doctor Who)

Tier IV: T.V. Wish List - Firefly

Tier V: Disappointing, Confusing, or Stupid Shows - Legend of the Seeker, Stargate Atlantis, Caprica, Doctor Who, Smallville, Lost

Replicator Todd
July 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Some of these shows I have not seen every season of but fully intend to and some of this shows I have not seen in a long time and really need to rewatch, so they may be in the wrong places. I'm going to add alot of oder shows as I don't watch too much of what is currently on TV. I'm probably going to forget a bunch of shows as well. Excellent thread Killdeer! :)

Doctor Who(2005 and beyond), Smallville, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Legend of The Seeker, Chuck

The X-Files, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Batman: The Animated Series, Dollhouse, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Warehouse 13, Caprica, Eureka, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, Superman:The animated Series

Spectacular Spider-Man, Torchwood, The Dresden Files, Moonlight, Heroes, Dead Like Me, Battlestar Galactica, The Office, Community, Parks and Recreation, Andromeda, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Star Trek TNG

Stargate Universe, Haven, Sanctuary, Primeval, Family Guy, Futurama, Star Trek TOS, Young Indiana Jones

Burn Notice, Farscape, Veronica Mars, Charmed, Life on Mars (UK), Supernatural, Witchblade, Birds of Prey, Fringe, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Alias, LOST, Bones, Todd Macfarlane's Spawn

True Blood, Merlin, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia(might rewatch again, lost track)

Killdeer
July 13th, 2010, 06:39 PM
The shows in my first post were currently airing, so I'm doing it again for non-current shows, with the additions of some tiers suggested by Col. Foley and DigiFluid. :D

Tier I - The Adventures of Brisco County Jr, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Farscape, Firefly.

Tier II - Bonanza, Dick Van Dyke Show, Due South, JAG, Life, Lois & Clark, Mutant X, Veronica Mars, Stargate Atlantis (for S1-3), Stargate SG-1.

Tier III - Big Valley, Dark Angel, Highlander, Numb3rs, Star Trek TOS.

Tier IV - Shows I used to watch but quit (or tried but didn't care for): Angel, Bionic Woman, BSG, Cold Case, CSI, Heroes, Merlin, Moonlight, Smallville, Torchwood, Without A Trace. Probably some others I can't remember right now.

Tier V: Shows I want to try: Star Trek DS9.

Tier VI: Shows I want to catch up on or finish watching: Magnificent Seven, Star Trek TNG, Doctor Who*.

*Doctor Who isn't non-current, but being in the US and without cable or satellite, I end up waiting to see it until the DVDs come out over here.

Lt. Jeffer
July 13th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Great Thread ok i try to make my list and not to forget anything

TIER I - I cannot wait until the next episode- Shows
Stargate Universe, Warehouse 13, Doctor Who, Torchwood,Supernatural

TIER II - Great Shows
Persons unknown, Buffy, Angel, Merlin, Sanctuary, Glee, How i met your mother, The Big Bang Theory

TIER III -
Dark Angel, Legend of the Seeker, V

TIER IV - Bubble shows.
Caprica, Andromeda, White Collar

Selene1212
July 13th, 2010, 08:35 PM
The "tiering system" is a bit rough, but I'll try...

Tier I: Absolute Favourites True Blood, Stargate Universe, Fringe,

Tier II: Greats Dexter, Destination Truth, The Vampire Diaries, Caprica, V,

Tier III: Good The Gates, Haven, Spartacus, Being Human (BBC version),

Tier IV: The Bubble, shows I watch but might quitGhost Hunters (et al), I Survived..., Degrassi :o

Tier V: Interested in StartingFact or Faked, SG1, SGA, Smallville, An Ordinary Family (?)

Tier VI: Shows I used to watch, but either quit or wish I hadn't bothered:Happy Town (loved but was cancelled), Lost (seasons 5&6), Heroes (seasons 2 until cancelled)

Tier 7: Honorable Mention:Young Riders, Hercules The Legendary Journeys, Xena Warrior Princess, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, M.A.S.H, Gilligans Island, Roseanne, Xfiles, Roswell, ...

Will edit as memory returns. LOL

Amaunet
July 13th, 2010, 09:42 PM
TIER I - Favourites: Stargate SG-1, Sanctuary, Fringe

TIER II - Great: Stargate Universe, Stargate Atlantis, Dollhouse, Greek

TIER III - Good: The Mentalist, How I Met Your Mother, Top Gear, The Big Bang Theory

TIER V - Interested to Try: True Blood, Warehouse 13, Entourage, Smallville

MattSilver 3k
July 13th, 2010, 10:59 PM
They're all my favourites. That's why I watch 'em. :D

Tier 1 (Favourites that ended): Angel, Farscape, Lost, SGA, SG1, Reaper, Dollhouse, Firefly, 24, Arrested Development, Scrubs... I know I forgot one or two.

Tier 1 (Favourites That're Still Ongoing): Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Dexter, True Blood, Entourage, How I Met Your Mother, House, Castle, SGU, Caprica, V, NCIS, Fringe, Futurama, Supernatural, Torchwood and Doctor Who.

Working On Adding to Tier 1: Eureka (Just gotta catch up the episodes).

mr_kennedy
July 14th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Tier 1 AKA God Tier
24, Alias, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica (RDM), Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Chuck, Dexter, Doctor Who, Fraiser, Fringe, LOST, Modern Family, Stargate Sg-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Star Trek The Next Generation, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, The Big Bang Theory, The Vampire Diaries

Tier 2 - good to ok
American Dad, Blake 7, Dollhouse, Entourage, Glee, Heroes, Hogans Heroes, Kyle XY, Legend of The Seeker, Married With Children, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Persons Unknown, Power Rangers, Ranma 1/2, Sanctuary, Smallville, Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Gates, True Blood, V, Warehouse 13, White Collar

Tier 3 - Could be Better/animated
AHH real Monsters, Angry Beavers, Batman The Brave and the Bold, Cheers, Code Geass, Digimon, Family Guy, Friends, Futurama, Hercules The Legendary Journies, Lois & Clark The New Adventures of Superman, Sliders, Spiderman The Animated Series, Star Wars The Clone Wars, The Cleveland Show, The Secret World of Alex Mack, The Simpsons, Will & Grace, Wolverine And The X-men, Wrestling shows, X-men The Animated Series, Xena Warrior Princess

Tier 4 - Shows i will be Checking out in the back half of 2010
Covert Affairs (still have to watch the premier), Nikita, No Ordinary Family, Shat my dad says, The Event, Undercovers

Ter 5 - shows i might check out
Angel, Being Human, Eureka, NCIS (i watch an episode every known again but would like to maybe make it a regular), Torchwood, X-files,

I believe thats everything :o

atlantis_babe34
July 14th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Sanctuary, Scrubs, Deadliest Catch, Supernatural, Bones, The IT Crowd, Bones

Deadwood, Entourage, Eureka, Firefly, Stargate SG-1, The X-Files, Stargate Atlantis (first 4 season only), The Tudors, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Tangled, Love My Way, Breaking Bad, Son's of Anarchy, Betwitched, M*A*S*H, The Simpsons, Dexter, True Blood, Farscape

Family Guy, Mighty Boosh, Torchwood, Dr Who, Friends, Dhama and Greg, Mad About you

Californication, Hung, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother

Grey's Anatomy

Sex and the City

Tier VI: Shows I used to watch, but either quit/wish I hadn't bothered (or both):
Stargate Universe

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 14th, 2010, 05:50 AM
a sort of 'of all time' list:

TIER I - Favorites. SGU, Millenium, X-Files, Lone Gunmen, Farscape, Firefly, B5, Brimstone, Strange Luck, Lie to Me, House, Criminal Minds, Oz, Supernatural, Chuck

TIER II - Good/Great shows. Bones, Defying Gravity, Third Watch, Various CSI, Various Law and Order, Doctor Who, SG1, Various Star Treks, Midsomer Murders, Rent-a-Goalie, Trailer Park Boys

TIER III - Moderately enjoyable shows. Not many in this list but here goes...currently - Hell's Kitchen, Haven (which I have hopes for) and Deadliest Warriors

TIER IV - Bubble shows. I never watch bubble tv. Even with the stuff above, I've either got it on disc or dvr. I don;t usually just have the tv on.
TIER V - Possible shows. I haven't seen anything yet to start that's really caught my interest.

LoneStar1836
July 14th, 2010, 02:12 PM
TIER I - Supernatural

TIER II - Justified, Smallville, Caprica, Stargate: SGU (I think it has a lot of potential), Deadliest Catch, Mythbusters, Survivor (guilty pleasure "reality" show), Ninja Warrior (called Sasuke in Japan), South Park, The Soup (yeah it's a clip show but you watch this and you don't have to watch all the other garbage on tv because it's been nicely condensed into this show :D)

TIER III - V, Burn Notice, Human Target, The Amazing Race

TIER IV - I don't have any bubble shows atm because I gave up on them...like Heroes back in S3. SGA was here but I stuck it out till the end.

TIER V - Hawaii Five-0, Rubicon, Rizzoli & Isles, Lone Star (it's named after me, I have to :D), Nikita

TIER VI - All-time favs: Farscape, BSG, Firefly, Angel, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Lost, Babylon 5, Seinfeld, SG-1, The X-Files

Other favs: Third Watch, NewsRadio, Quantum Leap, TNG, DS9, Space: Above and Beyond, 24, Gilligan's Island

Other other favs: SGA (out of loyalty to S1), The Adventures of Brisco County Jr, JAG, Highlander, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Spongebob, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Angry Beavers (and I was college age when watching all those cartoons :D), and a whole bunch of other stuff if I just kept going.....

TIER VII - Want to see/catch up on: Dexter, Doctor Who (new series only. watched the first 2 or 3 seasons and then lost track of it), Fringe (started and stopped but heard it got better), NCIS (watch this mostly in repeats on USA channel), Bones (S4/5), Carnivale, Deadwood, Life on Mars (UK & US), Community, Dollhouse (S2), Chuck, White Collar

TBA
July 14th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Don't really know how to rank them, since some shows started out great but got crap at the end (I'm looking at you, Heroes). So, I'll list the shows that I liked very much, with BSG being the absolute top of course :)

BSG, SG1, SGA, SGU, Caprica, Spartacus, The Big Bang Theory, Scrubs, South Park, Heroes, Dexter, House.

Thunderstorm
July 14th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I didn't put in past shows because that seems to clutter up the lists and then you can't see which shows people are watching now

Tier 1 - Don't Miss
Being Human, The Good Wife

Tier 2 - Try hard not to miss
Castle, Lie to Me, Royal Pains, Parking Wars

Tier 3 - Good but not the end of the world if I miss it
Burn Notice, CSI: NY, Hawthorne, Parenthood (this started out in Tier 1 but being opposite The Good Wife, I recorded both and about 2/3 into the season never got around to watching the rest of the eps)

Tier IV: The Bubble, shows I used to watch regulary, but faded away and only watch occasionally
Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU, Family Guy (I prefer the earlier seasons)

Tier 5: Shows I watch when I remember they are on and aren't watching anything else
Pawn Stars, Mythbusters, Eureka, South Park, Ace of Cakes

Tier New: New Shows I'm giving a try but haven't decided yet
Haven, Rizzoli and Isles, The Glades, Rookie Blue

Bones, V 2009, Torchwood

Promethius30
July 14th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Tier I: Stargate Universe, any leeds rhinos match

Tier II : Chuck, True Blood, Fringe, Lie to me, Dr who

Tier III: Family guy, American dad

Tier IV: Simpson's, Modern family

Tier V: Battlestar galactica ( i want to try it )

Tier VI: Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, 24, Lost, X-files, farscape, firefly. Are all shows i still love.

PTree
July 14th, 2010, 03:35 PM
TIER I - Must-see. NCIS, Criminal Minds

TIER II - Shows that are OK and can wait a couple of days.SG:U

TIER III - Old great/good/moderately enjoyable shows.Battlestar Galactica (the newer one), SG:1, M*A*S*H, Arrested Development, SG:A, Star Trek, Boston Legal, The Unit.

TIER IV - Bubble shows. I don't bother with bubble shows.

TIER V - Possible shows. None at the moment.

Pharaoh Atem
September 19th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Sgu

Delenn
November 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM
This topic is a bit old but I love the idea so... :rolleyes:

TIER I - Babylon 5, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Battlestar Galactica, Warehouse 13, Ringer, The X-Files

TIER II - Castle, The Mentalist, Psych, Star Trek: Enterprise, the Sarah Jane Adventures, Stargate: SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, Sherlock, Rizzoli & Isles, Grimm

TIER III - Monk, CSI: NY, Dinotopia, Once Upon A Time, BTVS

TIER IV - Bones

TIER V - Star Trek: TOS, TNG, Voyager, DS9, Farscape

Sue_Jackson
November 28th, 2011, 06:26 AM
TIER I - Favorites. Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Farscape, Burn Notice, House M.D., American Pickers, Deadliest Catch, Terra Nova, Law & Order: SVU, Mythbusters, Top Shot (History Channel), Pawn Stars, Restaurant: Impossible (Food Network), Dirty Jobs, Dogs 101 (Animal Planet), Ice Road Truckers (History Channel)

TIER II - Good/Great shows. Battlestar Galactica (new series), Eureka, Iron Chef America, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, Fatal Attractions (Animal Planet), Swamp People (History Channel), Chopped (Food Network), Cash Cab, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Boston Legal

TIER III - Moderately enjoyable shows. The Sing-Off, American Chopper (Discovery Channel), IRT: Dangerous Roads, Cupe Cake Wars (Food Network), Food Network Challenge, Unwrapped (Food Network)

TIER IV - Bubble shows. I dunno. I almost gave up on House M.D., but then it started getting good again, and it's now one of my favorites. Most of thes type shows I already gave up on. I've given up on DWTS and American Idol along time ago. I tried watching X Factor, but gave up on that right after the first episode.

TIER V - Possible shows. NCIS, American Guns (Discovery Channel), Sons of Guns (Discovery Channel)

Dixie_Vampiress
November 28th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Favorites: Sanctuary, Stargate SG1, The X-Files, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager

Good/Great ones: Warehouse 13, Doctor Who, Alphas, When Weather Changed History, Planet Earth, American Idol, The Twilight Zone, Stargate Atlantis

Not sure I have anything that qualifies for the other categories.

LoneStar1836
November 28th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Of shows currently airing on tv:

TIER I - The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Nikita

TIER II - Person of Interest, The Amazing Race, Doctor Who, Being Human (US)

TIER III - Ringer, American Pickers

TIER IV - Terra Nova

TIER V - Alcatraz