Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank your shows...Which shows are most important to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rank your shows...Which shows are most important to you?

Just for fun.....

I was thinking about all the TV shows I watch, and trying to arrange them into some sort of priority list. Basically I came up with four tiers of shows.

TIER I - Favorites. These are the shows at the absolute top of your priority list, the ones you make sure to never miss, the ones you count the days until they come back. You may also rewatch them multiple times.

TIER II - Good/Great shows. These are the ones you enjoy a lot, but for one reason or another, aren't necessarily favorites. You don't need to necessarily watch them right away - they'll keep a day or two.

TIER III - Moderately enjoyable shows. These are the shows that are further down on the priority list. They get watched last. You enjoy them alright (most of the time), but you wouldn't be heartbroken to lose them either.

TIER IV - Bubble shows. These are shows that you're iffy about or or about to give up on. You may have enjoyed them at one time, or you may have been waiting them out in hopes they would improve. Either way, your future with these shows is questionable.

And I guess there could be a fifth tier -
    TIER V - Possible shows. Shows you haven't started watching yet, but you're interested in taking a look.

So how do your shows rank?

For me (in alphabetical order) -

TIER I - Castle, Chuck, Eureka, Warehouse 13

TIER II - Fringe, In Plain Sight, NCIS LA, White Collar

TIER III - Burn Notice, Human Target, The Mentalist, NCIS, Psych, Royal Pains

TIER IV - CSI: NY

TIER V - Body of Proof, Covert Affairs, Hawaii Five-0, No Ordinary Family, Rizzoli & Isles, Undercovers
    Last edited by Killdeer; 13 July 2010, 05:02 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Great idea . Question: Do these have to be current shows, I mean that could be a tier five or a tier 6, shows that are no longer on but you love them anyways

Comment

I was thinking current shows, but you can add that as a new tier if you want, or throw it into the other tiers. Good idea.

Feel free to customize as needed - no hard and fast rules here.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        You can add that as a new tier if you want. Good idea.
        Awesome

Tier I: Doctor Who, Glenn Beck, Stargate Universe,

Tier II : NCIS, Chuck, Eureka, Torchwood

Tier III: Smallville, Star Wars the Clone Wars, Warehouse 13,

Tier IV: Haven.

Tier V: N/A

Tier VI: Fav shows that are not on anymore: 24, Babylon 5, Firefly, both the Stargates, Many of the Treks , Digimon, Farscape

Tier VII: Shows you want to catch up on or watch all of later: 24, CSI.
        Last edited by Col.Foley; 13 July 2010, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Good thread idea, I like it. And now I will proceed to make what will undoubtedly be one of the longest in the thread

Tier I: Absolute Favourites
          Battlestar Galactica (RDM), Doctor Who, Farscape, Rescue Me, The Sopranos, Star Trek TOS, The Wire

Tier II: Greats
          Babylon 5, Batman TAS, Carnivale, Deadwood, Defying Gravity, Entourage, Eureka, Firefly, Futurama, Lexx, Red Dwarf, Rome, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Universe, Twin Peaks, Warehouse 13, The X-Files

Tier II.5: Not as good as Great, but better than Good
          Da Ali G Show, Chuck, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Family Guy, Flight of the Conchords, Mad Men, Oz, Party Down, The Simpsons, Torchwood, The Tudors, Undergrads, X-Men (1990s Fox animated series)

Tier III: Good
          Big Love, The Boondocks, Bored to Death, Caprica, Earth Final Conflict (Seasons 1-3), Gravity, How to Make It in America, Hung, The Lone Gunmen, The Muppet Show, Southland, Star Trek Enterprise, True Blood

Tier IV: The Bubble, shows I watch but might quit
          Haven, V 2009

Tier V: Interested in Starting
          Andromeda, Arrested Development, Boston Legal, Fringe, The Shield, Six Feet Under, Terminator TSCC

Tier VI: Shows I used to watch, but either quit/wish I hadn't bothered (or both):
          Sanctuary, Star Trek Voyager, Stargate Atlantis
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 13 July 2010, 06:34 PM. Reason: revision :D
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Good thread idea, I like it. And now I will proceed to make what will undoubtedly be one of the longest in the thread

Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Farscape, Rescue Me, The Sopranos, Star Trek TOS, The Wire

Babylon 5, Carnivale, Deadwood, Defying Gravity, Entourage, Eureka, Firefly, Futurama, Lexx, Red Dwarf, Rome, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Universe, Twin Peaks, Warehouse 13, The X-Files

Tier II.5: Not as good as Great, but better than Good
            Chuck, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Family Guy, Flight of the Conchords, Mad Men, Oz, Party Down, The Simpsons, The Tudors, Undergrads, X-Men (1990s Fox animated series)

Big Love, The Boondocks, Bored to Death, Caprica, Earth Final Conflict (Seasons 1-3), Gravity, How to Make It in America, Hung, The Lone Gunmen, The Muppet Show, Southland, Star Trek Enterprise, True Blood

Haven, V 2009

Andromeda, Arrested Development, Boston Legal, Fringe, The Shield, Six Feet Under, Terminator TSCC

Tier VI: Shows I used to watch, but either quit or wish I hadn't bothered:
            Sanctuary, Stargate Atlantis
            Foregot about Farscape

Comment

And I forgot Torchwood....I think I'll edit that one in to II.5
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                And I forgot Torchwood....I think I'll edit that one in to II.5
                yeah good one forgot that one too .

Comment

Supernatural, True Blood, SG1, Veronica Mars, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Queer as Folk (American), Doctor Who (Moff's).

Firefly, Angel, Stargate Universe, Adventure Time, Tosh.O, Friends, Gilmore Girls, ST:TNG.

Cake Boss, Burn Notice, White Collar, Leverage, the Colbert Report.

Sanctuary, Smallville.

Battlestar Galactica, Fringe, Bones, Weeds, Haven.

SGA, Torchwood
                  Originally posted by Callista
                  Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                  Originally posted by HPMom
                  She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Tier I: The Best of the Best - Battlestar Galactica (Re-Imagined), Farscape, Monk, Avatar: The Last Airbender

Tier II: The Crowd Pleasers - Futurama, Stargate: Universe, Warehouse 13, Sanctuary, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Bones, Psych, Burn Notice, White Collar, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, House, NCIS, Stargate SG-1

Tier III: The O.K./Watchable/Passable Shows - CSI: New York, CSI: Miami, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Torchwood (albeit an adjunct off of Doctor Who)

Tier IV: T.V. Wish List
                    - Firefly

Tier V: Disappointing, Confusing, or Stupid Shows - Legend of the Seeker, Stargate Atlantis, Caprica, Doctor Who, Smallville, Lost
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Some of these shows I have not seen every season of but fully intend to and some of this shows I have not seen in a long time and really need to rewatch, so they may be in the wrong places. I'm going to add alot of oder shows as I don't watch too much of what is currently on TV. I'm probably going to forget a bunch of shows as well. Excellent thread Killdeer!

Doctor Who(2005 and beyond), Smallville, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Legend of The Seeker, Chuck

The X-Files, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Batman: The Animated Series, Dollhouse, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Warehouse 13, Caprica, Eureka, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, Superman:The animated Series

Spectacular Spider-Man, Torchwood, The Dresden Files, Moonlight, Heroes, Dead Like Me, Battlestar Galactica, The Office, Community, Parks and Recreation, Andromeda, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Star Trek TNG

Stargate Universe, Haven, Sanctuary, Primeval, Family Guy, Futurama, Star Trek TOS, Young Indiana Jones

Burn Notice, Farscape, Veronica Mars, Charmed, Life on Mars (UK), Supernatural, Witchblade, Birds of Prey, Fringe, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Alias, LOST, Bones, Todd Macfarlane's Spawn

True Blood, Merlin, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia(might rewatch again, lost track)

Comment

The shows in my first post were currently airing, so I'm doing it again for non-current shows, with the additions of some tiers suggested by Col. Foley and DigiFluid.

Tier I - The Adventures of Brisco County Jr, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Farscape, Firefly.

Tier II - Bonanza, Dick Van Dyke Show, Due South, JAG, Life, Lois & Clark, Mutant X, Veronica Mars, Stargate Atlantis (for S1-3), Stargate SG-1.

Tier III - Big Valley, Dark Angel, Highlander, Numb3rs, Star Trek TOS.

Tier IV - Shows I used to watch but quit (or tried but didn't care for): Angel, Bionic Woman, BSG, Cold Case, CSI, Heroes, Merlin, Moonlight, Smallville, Torchwood, Without A Trace. Probably some others I can't remember right now.

Tier V: Shows I want to try: Star Trek DS9.

Tier VI: Shows I want to catch up on or finish watching: Magnificent Seven, Star Trek TNG, Doctor Who*.

*Doctor Who isn't non-current, but being in the US and without cable or satellite, I end up waiting to see it until the DVDs come out over here.
                        Last edited by Killdeer; 13 July 2010, 08:23 PM.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

Great Thread ok i try to make my list and not to forget anything

TIER I - I cannot wait until the next episode- Shows
                          Stargate Universe, Warehouse 13, Doctor Who, Torchwood,Supernatural

TIER II - Great Shows
                          Persons unknown, Buffy, Angel, Merlin, Sanctuary, Glee, How i met your mother, The Big Bang Theory

TIER III -
                          Dark Angel, Legend of the Seeker, V

TIER IV - Bubble shows.
                          Caprica, Andromeda, White Collar
                          sigpic

Comment

The "tiering system" is a bit rough, but I'll try...

Tier I: Absolute Favourites True Blood, Stargate Universe, Fringe,

Tier II: Greats Dexter, Destination Truth, The Vampire Diaries, Caprica, V,

Tier III: Good The Gates, Haven, Spartacus, Being Human (BBC version),

Tier IV: The Bubble, shows I watch but might quitGhost Hunters (et al), I Survived..., Degrassi

Tier V: Interested in StartingFact or Faked, SG1, SGA, Smallville, An Ordinary Family (?)

Tier VI: Shows I used to watch, but either quit or wish I hadn't bothered:Happy Town (loved but was cancelled), Lost (seasons 5&6), Heroes (seasons 2 until cancelled)

Tier 7: Honorable Mention:Young Riders, Hercules The Legendary Journeys, Xena Warrior Princess, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, M.A.S.H, Gilligans Island, Roseanne, Xfiles, Roswell, ...

Will edit as memory returns. LOL

Comment

TIER I - Favourites: Stargate SG-1, Sanctuary, Fringe

TIER II - Great: Stargate Universe, Stargate Atlantis, Dollhouse, Greek

TIER III - Good: The Mentalist, How I Met Your Mother, Top Gear, The Big Bang Theory

TIER V - Interested to Try: True Blood, Warehouse 13, Entourage, Smallville
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X