Aliens and Predator Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aliens and Predator Discussion thread

I know there have been thread slike this before, but none seem to last.

This thread can discuss the Movies of both, the crossovers, the Graphic and regular novels, and even any fanfic you can find. From complaints about films to favourite moments or possibilites, let us chat away!

So let's start!

I have just seen the latest Predator film, and am finally happy with a movie containing Predators since the original. Anyone agree?
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

hello G5 i liked the second Predator movie the most, for me , the fact it was in a city made it more exciting than the jungle, and id rather watch Danny Glover than Arnie any day. I havent seen the new one as yet, but if i see good reviews, maybe ill give it a go.
    sigpic

Comment

HEATHEN!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE THEE!! hahahahahah
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I like Danny too, but seriously, you though Pred 2 was better? Wow........each to their own
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Predators are awesome... aliens? meh.

I'd wonder though how such a violent race of monsters got so advanced.

Comment

You a Pred fan? Me too. Love Predators. However, there have been more awseome Alien films than Predator ones....

I love the crossover, but in terms of the Graphic Novels, not so much the movies. Predator fits into the Alien timeline brilliantly
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              You a Pred fan? Me too. Love Predators. However, there have been more awseome Alien films than Predator ones....

I love the crossover, but in terms of the Graphic Novels, not so much the movies. Predator fits into the Alien timeline brilliantly
              It would have been cool to have seen a Predator in the older Alien films.

Comment

I agree. You see, I read the graphic novels and novels ALOT, and they were written before ALien 3, so it's as if A3 didn't happen...it's BRILLIANT!!!
                The original Predalien......amazing!
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                  I agree. You see, I read the graphic novels and novels ALOT, and they were written before ALien 3, so it's as if A3 didn't happen...it's BRILLIANT!!!
                  The original Predalien......amazing!
                  Arnie was lucky to have won.

And Danny in the second film? please... he should have been killed at the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    It would have been cool to have seen a Predator in the older Alien films.

I went on a date with someone who looks like that once!
                    sigpic

Comment

exactly! I keep saying this!!!! In a fight, Dutch would own Harrigan, and he was HELPLESS in one-on-one combat. He needed his guile. Danny slits the thing open! What is with that?!?!?!?!?! In fact...can we pretend Predator 2 doesn't exist?

(sorry Pookey....love ya really)
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

*slaps BB and Alan* ye have no taste I like Aliens, i think that was the third one, you may correct me if im wrong, which im sure you will i wasnt enamoured by the one where they land on the prison colony, very boring
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                          *slaps BB and Alan* ye have no taste I like Aliens, i think that was the third one, you may correct me if im wrong, which im sure you will i wasnt enamoured by the one where they land on the prison colony, very boring
                          Yes...that was the 3rd one...
                          sigpic

Comment

Here we go, time for my famous rant of doom about Alien 3

Alien 3 is not intrinsically a bad film. however, as a sequel to Aliens, yes, it bloody well is. It annoys me so. Ripley spends the last half of the film trying to save the survivors, and then they die in the first 10 minutes. ANd barely get a mention. THere was obviously a connection with Hicks, but that died with him. Bishop was woefully under used. ANd the Newt event....don't even start me!!!

So, we have Alien, a wonderful suspense film, one creature locked in tight confines with a group of people, and picks them off one at a time until there is only one survivor......

Aliens, horror-action, where there are tough MArines and hundreds of ALiens, with suspense AND action in a tight area.

Alien 3, with mass outbreaks, open war between species and a great story......no? Oh, sorry, I meant one creature locked in tight confines with with a group of people, and picks them off one at a time until there is only one survivor......

There were many drafts of Alien 3, and imo, this was the best

William Gibson's Alien 3

It has much better ideas.

There is also the fact that the 3rd film made ALL the graphic novels wrong, so they had to reprint with different names, and by female war Ripley was a droid.....*sigh*
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

so Aliens the one i like is number two, given your description? i gets so mixed up what was the prison planet one then?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X