PDA

View Full Version : "Gauntlet" (220) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread Spoilers

KEK
July 10th, 2010, 08:07 PM
PG15 also writes: “1. Are all the Season 2 episode slots filled at this point?

Answers: 201: Intervention, 202: Aftermath, 203: Awakening, 204: Pathogen, 205: Cloverdale, 206: Trial and Error, 207: The Greater Good, 208: Malice, 209: Visitation, 210: Resurgence, 211: Deliverance, 212: Twin Destinies, 213: Alliances, 214: Hope, 215: Seizure, 216: The Hunt, 217: (Rob’s script), 218: (Carl’s script), 219: Blockade, 220: Gauntlet. Yep. All we need are a couple of titles.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/july-10-2010-proper-script-planning-out-and-around-the-office-pics-another-masked-review-the-pineapple-diaries-2-mailbag/

FoX-1028
July 11th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Woooo Season 2 Finale! wow i think this will air in like a year from now :(

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
July 11th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Here is The definition of gauntlet:
1 : a glove worn with medieval armor to protect the hand
2 : any of various protective gloves used especially in industry
3 : an open challenge (as to combat) —used in phrases like throw down the gauntlet
4 : a dress glove extending above the wrist
Or
1 a : a double file of men facing each other and armed with clubs or other weapons with which to strike at an individual who is made to run between them —used with run b : a line, series, or assemblage; especially : one that poses some sort of ordeal <a gauntlet of autograph-seekers>
2 : a severe trial : ordeal <ran the gauntlet of criticism and censure>

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 11th, 2010, 08:38 AM
yeah, the name is such a tease, isn't it?

EvilSpaceAlien
July 11th, 2010, 08:48 AM
When I see this thread I can't help but think of the Resurrection Gauntlet (still think that Risen Mitten is a better name, though :P).

Scott7070
July 11th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Here is The definition of gauntlet:
1 : a glove worn with medieval armor to protect the hand
2 : any of various protective gloves used especially in industry
3 : an open challenge (as to combat) —used in phrases like throw down the gauntlet
4 : a dress glove extending above the wrist
Or
1 a : a double file of men facing each other and armed with clubs or other weapons with which to strike at an individual who is made to run between them —used with run b : a line, series, or assemblage; especially : one that poses some sort of ordeal <a gauntlet of autograph-seekers>
2 : a severe trial : ordeal <ran the gauntlet of criticism and censure>

I doubt they will make an episode about a glove!

It is bound to be based on your last point... to me, a 'Gauntlet' is a trial, dodging and diving between obstacles. It will be a race, trying to avoid some dangers yet to be known.

I'm really looking forward to this finale - big time!

KEK
July 11th, 2010, 12:32 PM
The previous episode is called Blockade, perhaps running the Gauntlet would involve getting past said blockade ;)

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
July 11th, 2010, 04:46 PM
What if the gauntlet is the name of an ancient ship?

EllieVee
July 11th, 2010, 05:45 PM
It'll be an episode consisting of nothing but British Bulldog.

PG15
July 11th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Update:

Lewis writes: “Just a quick ? about Gauntlet (ep. 20). Is it already mostly written at this point or do you wait until later in the fall when you find out if SGU has been picked up for Season 3… or is it a matter of plotting out 2 different endings?”

Answer: As was the case in every other season, the script for our season finale will be written by the time a decision is made on a pick-up. In fact, I suspect that by the time we do hear, we will have already wrapped production on season 2.

Boris writes: “1) Who are the writers of the last episodes you give out in this post: 215: Seizure, 219: Blockade, 219: Blockade, and 220: Gauntlet? [...]”

Answers: 1) 215, Seizure – Remi Aubuchon, 216, The Hunt – Joseph Mallozzi, 217 – Robert Cooper script, 218 – Carl Binder script, 219, Blockade – Linda McGibney, 210, Gauntlet – Paul Mullie, [...]

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/07/11/july-11-2010-he-does-it-again-afternoon-soccer-with-the-guys-the-pineapple-diaries-part-iii-mailbag/

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 12th, 2010, 05:24 AM
It'll be an episode consisting of nothing but British Bulldog.

GREEN! :lol:

Scott7070
July 12th, 2010, 11:07 AM
The previous episode is called Blockade, perhaps running the Gauntlet would involve getting past said blockade ;)

I agree it goes with episode 19 = Blockade...
Hence 'Blockade' = the obstacles from the 'Gauntlet'. I'm thinking a new (or maybe current) alien species trying to prevent the Destiny from getting to where it wants to go!

jelgate
July 12th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I agree it goes with episode 19 = Blockade...
Hence 'Blockade' = the obstacles from the 'Gauntlet'. I'm thinking a new (or maybe current) alien species trying to prevent the Destiny from getting to where it wants to go!

Doesn't FTL kind of make a blockade kind of pointless?

PG15
July 12th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Not necessarily; we know from "Faith" that FTL can be disrupted.

Anyways, I like Scott7070's idea. Destiny runs into an obstacle in Blockade, and at the end of the episode the crew decides to run it in order to get to where they're going. Then, Gauntlet covers the, well, running of the gauntlet (of alien ships?) and will no doubt be action packed as a result. Since this is a season finale, there will most likely be a cliffhanger, and what better cliffhanger is there besides having Destiny fail at getting through the gauntlet and having the last shot be Destiny getting pummeled by enemy weapons fire as it's stuck in a sea of alien ships?

You know, I had a story idea a while ago about the crew of Destiny cracking the master code and ending up dropping out of FTL in the middle of a battle between two enemy fleets and getting caught in the crossfire. This would be the season finale and end with Destiny getting pummeled by weapons fire. The season premiere would then continue from there with the attack stranding a few groups of people across Destiny as corridors are cut off by hull breaches. The coolest thing about this is that I imagined Eli and Chloe being one of these groups, and Incursion ends up doing exactly that! Maybe Gauntlet will do the other part now. :D

TENTHIUS
July 12th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Oh...good to hear that Paul Mullie is gonna take care about this one. Divided and Subversion were one of the best episodes this season so now I have to wait a whole year to find out what's it gonna be about.

Kanten
July 12th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Doesn't FTL kind of make a blockade kind of pointless?

If you keep the gate active or hit the ship with enough gamma radiation, FTL becomes a moot point.

Spimman
July 12th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Well I thought one difference between FTL and FTl/Hyperspace is hyperspace can in essence travel through something (like the astroid that went through Earth) but in pure FTL you have to avoid large objects (think Millennium Falcon - Harrison Ford in Star Wars)...just a thought.

Also, an alien race could be blocking all the gates or something.

AtlantisAssassin
July 12th, 2010, 01:37 PM
i think this episode is probably gonna be based around the concept of the phrase "running the gauntlet" as mentioned above. based on the fact that the previous episode is being called Blockade, i think we may run into some race that has technology that can disable FTL technology, maybe using a special type of pulse wepeon or through the use of special ships, like the Interdictors in Star Wars and they basically block the Destiny's path and the episode is about evading them. just my intial theory based upon the title :P

KEK
July 12th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Well I thought one difference between FTL and FTl/Hyperspace is hyperspace can in essence travel through something (like the astroid that went through Earth) but in pure FTL you have to avoid large objects (think Millennium Falcon - Harrison Ford in Star Wars)...just a thought.

Also, an alien race could be blocking all the gates or something.

At this point, we really have no idea how Destiny's FTL works. I'm guessing that since normal space is visible in FTL that Destiny is supposed to be travelling in some sort of bubble of spacetime (which would also account for the lack of relativistic effects), but even then I have no idea how it would interact with things in normal space, and even this it's still massively speculative...

spinny magee
July 13th, 2010, 12:26 AM
I hope destiny blockades the Smurf world and eats them.

I don't know why but I seem to be obsessed with some crew members eventually eating some of the aliens they come across.

Scott7070
July 14th, 2010, 02:53 AM
FTL doesn't prevent a blockade being a problem. I didn't mean the blockade to just be a large stationary object... A bunch of ships or whatever can chase and attack Destiny wherever it goes, preventing the ship to reach its destination (a bit like when the smurfs had a tracking device on the ship/Rush). That is 'running a gauntlet'.

Perhaps this would link in to the battlefield that Eli apparantly sees in S2 somewhere?

coZma
July 14th, 2010, 09:21 AM
"The Hero's Gauntlet" level from Hercules video-game comes to mind, with all the the running, and the obstacles and all that....

Aewon
July 23rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
I think it might be similar to Star Trek's "Encounter at Farpoint", except the aliens are organic and use technology. If so, I'm hoping it's the "Faith" aliens. Maybe they feel the need to test the Destiny crew, to make sure they're up to the task.

akren
August 5th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Methinks Gauntlet (being part 2/a follow on from Blockade) will have to deal with the fact Destiny has to run through a blockade of alien ships in order make it to their destination/out of the galaxy/on it's course & will have to run a gauntlet of sorts with all the ship trying to pound the crap out of Destiny (possible spoilers for earlier in S2 : possibly to do with the space battle that may allegedly may happen earlier in the Season)?

We know Destiny is old, & considering how well it fared against only 2 ships from the Smurf aliens last time they were in the void between galaxies, I don't know how it would far against a possible amerada of ships in that regard. :P

Spimman
August 16th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Methinks Gauntlet (being part 2/a follow on from Blockade) will have to deal with the fact Destiny has to run through a blockade of alien ships in order make it to their destination/out of the galaxy/on it's course & will have to run a gauntlet of sorts with all the ship trying to pound the crap out of Destiny (possible spoilers for earlier in S2 : possibly to do with the space battle that may allegedly may happen earlier in the Season)?

We know Destiny is old, & considering how well it fared against only 2 ships from the Smurf aliens last time they were in the void between galaxies, I don't know how it would far against a possible amerada of ships in that regard. :P

Sounds about right, but do you think they'll be leaving the current galaxy so soon? I think a blockade would be easy as their course seems to be fairly predictable to anyone intelligent that is looking :S

KEK
August 16th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Rob said they're looking to roughly travel a galaxy per season.

PG15
August 17th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Actually...

In a recent Collider interview, Rob Cooper said that they're going to cross one galaxy every half-season.

KEK
August 17th, 2010, 10:35 AM
He says "a new galaxy every season" in that interview. Those bullet points aren't quite right if that's what you were reading.

PG15
August 17th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I stand corrected. I had listened to the interview before (and I just did again to check), but I must've misheard.

PG15
September 2nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Update:

Some discussion on the as-yet-untitled (or, more appropriately, once-titled-and-subsequently-untitled) episode 20. Paul is slated to assume the writing duties on this one but that could change depending on how busy he finds himself in the next few weeks.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/september-2-2010-behind-the-scenes-pics-of-that-super-secret-set-production-update/

Jumper_One
September 3rd, 2010, 08:16 PM
Success! I finished my rewrite of The Hunt, finally nailing that tricky fourth act scene. I’ll re-read it sometime this weekend and put it out on Tuesday after which my entire week will be free to spin episode 20, the season finale, that Paul will probably be writing (unless the approaching rewrites prove too time-consuming in which case I’ll be doing the honors).

pg15 writes: “No Gauntlet for the season finale? Wonder why that is. It’s a pretty sweet name.”

Answer: It IS a sweet title – but no longer applicable.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/september-3-2010-success-more-super-secret-set-pics-a-book-of-the-month-club-reminder-and-some-mailbag/

Jumper_One
September 10th, 2010, 02:08 AM
In the afternoon, we also started spinning the big season finale. Tomorrow, we start putting the beats up on the board.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/09/09/september-9-2010-linda-mcgibney-prepares-to-guest-blog-on-the-syfy-front-production-update-super-secret-pics/

Jumper_One
September 11th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Well, so much for best intentions. The plan was to start beating out the big season finale this morning, but with Brad on Stage 6 overseeing the first day of main unit on Seizure and Carl down on Stage 5 overseeing the icky second unit action on Hope, we never did get around to gathering.Then, after lunch, I was in casting for two hours, checking out potential Corporal Reynolds, Sara Johansens, Steven Johansens, 12 year old TJ’s, and Tasia’s. By the time I got back upstairs, it was too late and now we’re eyeing Monday as a potential target of opportunity.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/09/10/september-10-2010-production-update-sayonara-wray-super-secret-vids/

Jumper_One
September 14th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Finally, I was going to address some of the “fan” conspiracy concerns in today’s mailbag but got sidetracked by prep on The Hunt, spinning episode 20, and this blog entry. [...]
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/09/13/september-13-2010-masked-gail-simone-talks-thug-more-super-secret-production-pics/

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
September 15th, 2010, 12:13 PM
so will Season 2 end with a two part episode like season 1 did? with Blockade being Part 1 and whatever the season finale will be named being part 2?

jelgate
September 15th, 2010, 01:03 PM
so will Season 2 end with a two part episode like season 1 did? with Blockade being Part 1 and whatever the season finale will be named being part 2?

I don't know if will a true two parter like Incursion but given SGU's serialized nature with many episodes ended without the conclusion that seems like a safe prediction

kymeric
September 17th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I hope destiny blockades the Smurf world and eats them.

I don't know why but I seem to be obsessed with some crew members eventually eating some of the aliens they come across.

Thats messed up :O

Platschu
September 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
This title reminded me to SG-1 4x03 Upgrades. :)

Jumper_One
September 27th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I put out my outline for episode 20, Gauntlet, and look forward to the feedback.[...]
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/september-27-2010-back-in-familiar-territory-production-update-pics/

KEK
September 30th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I wonder if the writers are rethinking this episode, given the numbers the première brought in...

Jper
September 30th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I wonder if the writers are rethinking this episode, given the numbers the première brought in...

Probably not. Also, EatG, remember...

jelgate
September 30th, 2010, 02:07 PM

Even if they were it largely has to stay the same

KEK
September 30th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Probably not. Also, EatG, remember...

How do you mean?

jelgate
September 30th, 2010, 03:18 PM
How do you mean?

By the time SGA was cancelled EATG was too far in production to make any changes to a series finale

KEK
September 30th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Pretty sure that wasn't the case. The entire episode was shot on standing sets.

jelgate
September 30th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Pretty sure that wasn't the case. The entire episode was shot on standing sets.

Production is more then just sets.

KEK
October 1st, 2010, 01:41 AM
And they got the cancellation news long before they shot the episode. It seemed very much like a rushed series finale to me.

Jper
October 1st, 2010, 02:34 AM
Well, even if, I certainly don't want to see a repeat of EatG. I'd rather have a normal season finale than that. ;)

jelgate
October 1st, 2010, 06:34 AM
And they got the cancellation news long before they shot the episode. It seemed very much like a rushed series finale to me.

Thats the point. They couldn't put much into making it a series finale because it already had been written and was in the pre-production stages

Jumper_One
October 4th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Started work on the script for Gauntlet, our season two finale. Five pages down; only forty-five (ish) to go. Ideally, if I continue on this torrid pace, I should have a first draft completed for the week of the 19th. [...]
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/october-4-2010-snow-monkeys-rule-sgu-numbers-pics-from-work-interpret-my-dream-gauntlet/

Jumper_One
October 8th, 2010, 05:52 PM
KEK writes: “Assuming the season finale is a cliffhanger, do the producers have any plan as to what they might try to do to resolve the story if the series is cancelled?”

Answer: So pessimistic! Gauntlet, episode 20, the script I’m working on will be a satisfying and surprising season finale.

DP writes: “Is Gauntlet a placeholder title or final?”

Answer: Final.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/10/08/october-8-2010-travel-day-mailbag/

KEK
October 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Difficult to gauge what he means by satisfying and surprising. He doesn't outright answer whether it will be a cliffhanger, but 'satisfying' seems to suggest that there will be some form of conclusion. I wonder if it will be similar to Lost City in the that main storyline of the episode will be concluded, yet there's also a WTF cliffhanger left open for the future? Cant wait to see it either way.

Jumper_One
October 9th, 2010, 04:21 PM
My sleep patterns are all wonky while I’m in Montreal so last night, I was up until 2:00 a.m. working on my script for episode 20, Gauntlet, the season two finale. I hit the 16 page mark and, if all goes as planned, should have it half completed for my return to the office on Wednesday – by which time I’ll have to set it aside for a couple of days while I tackle my producer’s edit of The Hunt. I’m feeling the pressure because, at this point, it’s the only script outstanding – and the episode begins prepping October 26th. That new set should be built by then and I’m looking forward to checking it out.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/october-9-2010-montreal-doings-more-mailbag/

Jumper_One
October 19th, 2010, 03:13 AM
The clouds are parting. I can finally see daylight! I handed off the first four acts of Gauntlet to my writing partner, Paul, today, then went to Post and finished cutting episode 16, The Hunt, with editor Rick Martin. [...]
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/october-18-2010-my-diet-of-late-has-been-sorely-deficient-in-cuteness/

Jumper_One
October 19th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Well, finally completed work on that cursed script – surprisingly those last two acts were relatively painless – and passed the first draft off to my writing partner, Paul, to work his magic. I’ve never been so relieved to write those glorious two words “FADE” and “OUT”.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/october-19-2010-stargate-universe-pathogen-tonight-at-900-p-m-on-syfy/

Jumper_One
October 26th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Paul finished up his pass on Gauntlet over the weekend and, today, heads prep on episode 20. Boy, that last scene… Dare I say it? Not a dry eye in the house!
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/october-26-2010-cloverdale-sgu-episode-215-tonight-at-900-p-m-on-syfy/

Jumper_One
November 3rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
On the SGU side, we’re all focused on episode #20, Gauntlet, which starts shooting next week. This one’ll raise (and singe) a few eyebrows – and set the stage for some major season 3 developments.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/november-3-2010-production-update-stargate-pics-more-of-that-qa-with-louis-ferreira/

jelgate
November 3rd, 2010, 06:24 PM
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/november-3-2010-production-update-stargate-pics-more-of-that-qa-with-louis-ferreira/

This makes me sad considering the low possibility of S3.

The Swarm
November 5th, 2010, 02:05 AM
So Atlantis is in Antartica now?
Or is that artwork deciveing me?

Jper
November 5th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I thought it was an earlier art pic of SGA. :)

kirmit
November 5th, 2010, 07:31 AM
If you look at the episode title at the bottom of that pic of Atlantis it says it's from SG-1's 'Lost City'.

Jumper_One
November 7th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Looking ahead to a short week on the production side. Prep on Stargate: Universe’s second season ends as we head into production on the season finale, Gauntlet.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/november-7-2010-snow-monkeys-about-to-win-the-challenges-of-scripting-comics-jamils-new-personalized-head-shot/

Jumper_One
November 8th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Today, we started production on our final episode of the season: Gauntlet. There is one scene still outstanding, however, and it looks like I may be the one to write it – right after I finish my producer’s edit of The Hunt tomorrow. [...]
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/november-8-2010-pics-and-links/

Jumper_One
November 12th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Major D. Davis writes: “In terms of finales.. which one do you think is better (and tells a bigger story).. Gauntlet or Incursion.. you gotta give me a tease here.. Gauntlet sounds EPIC!”

Answer: Gauntlet is definitely more epic…and gut-wretching a cliffhanger.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/12/november-12-2010-some-stargate-universe-links-what-are-you-reading-mailbag/

Nikec3
November 13th, 2010, 06:47 AM
So if I understand this right the season 2 finale will be cliffhanger no matter if show is canceled or not? :S

KEK
November 13th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Yes.

James71
November 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM
So if I understand this right the season 2 finale will be cliffhanger no matter if show is canceled or not? :S

I hope they at least provide us with a written conclusion online in case SGU is cancelled after season 2.
Leaving us hanging is just wrong.

Jumper_One
November 15th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Also, watched my cut of The Hunt this afternoon. The A, B, and C stories interweave nicely and, again, some nice character and comic beats peppered throughout. The T.J. flashbacks are officially filed away for next season – but that’s fine because it pushes me to come up with a T.J.-centered story. Both Carl and Brad came up with some terrific potential season 3 stories. Let’s just say the second season finale sets up a VERY INTERESTING scenario.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/november-15-2010-the-art-of-trash-talking-taken-to-artistic-heights-production-update-doggy-ailment-update/

The Swarm
November 17th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Im going to die if i dont find out what it is!!!!!!!!!!

Jumper_One
November 30th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Went into the office today to watch not one, not two, but THREE episodes of Stargate: Universe’s second season – a Day 1 Mix of Twin Destinies (Some fantastic visuals in this one), a Day 2 mix of Alliances (Both Ming-Na and Jamil are terrific), and Andy’s director’s cut of the season finale, Gauntlet (Those last two acts! Wow!). One more mix and one more day should do it for 2010…
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/november-29-2010-my-snow-monkeys-in-trouble-production-update-news-of-note/

Barroth
December 18th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Now that SGU is cancelled, what are they doing with this cliffhangar?
Perhaps one episode more 2.21?

Kassian
December 18th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Now that SGU is cancelled, what are they doing with this cliffhangar?
Perhaps one episode more 2.21?

No way, they will end the series just with the cliffhanger and that´s it.

Also they will not make a movie like SG1 (which ended the Ori-Story), perhaps they will make in some years a fourth series who will pick the story up in the first episode, but I doubt also that.

FoX-1028
December 18th, 2010, 10:49 AM

Also they will not make a movie like SG1 (which ended the Ori-Story), perhaps they will make in some years a fourth series who will pick the story up in the first episode, but I doubt also that.

Nah, i think now the SGU movie has more posibility than the other 2

KEK
December 23rd, 2010, 04:01 PM

Source?

SG-17
January 1st, 2011, 10:06 PM
I heard that the last scene of the episode is the crew being put into stasis.

major davis
January 3rd, 2011, 08:09 AM

Is that supposed to be a joke?

SG-17
January 3rd, 2011, 01:47 PM
No. One of the security guards got to see the filming and told his friend who is a member of TrekBBS.

FoX-1028
January 4th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Is that supposed to be a joke?

Well is the series finale.. :(

FoX-1028
January 5th, 2011, 02:09 PM

TBH, i hope it ends that way... so if they ever make a wrap up movie it will be XXXX years in the future when Destiny reach its destination...

myhelix
January 9th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Do you have a link for that spoilers or something?

KEK
January 9th, 2011, 12:51 PM
No. One of the security guards got to see the filming and told his friend who is a member of TrekBBS.

He actually said that a security guard invited one of his friends to see the final scenes being shot, and he told him. Sounds a bit far fetched to me.

myhelix
January 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM
He actually said that a security guard invited one of his friends to see the final scenes being shot, and he told him. Sounds a bit far fetched to me.

Any links to that?

KEK
January 9th, 2011, 01:47 PM
http://trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=4626646&postcount=31

myhelix
January 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM
http://trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=4626646&postcount=31

Platschu
January 10th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I need some spoilers.

Had Dr. Rush dreamed the whole series? :)

kudra
January 10th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I need some spoilers.

Had Dr. Rush dreamed the whole series? :)

Hmm, a classic ending for sure... Rush wakes up and it's a dream but who should he find in his shower - I vote Col Young:)

Orion475
January 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Pretty sure you are right. Mallozi's blog strongly hints at that ending. "He says check back late season 2" Looks like everyone who hated the stones are going to love this episode. I for one loved the stones but I was sure they were going to get rid of them creatively without the stones being destroyed.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/november-25-2010-jelly-update-mailbag/

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Today, we went in and watched the Day 1 mix of Blockade and the Day 2 mix of Common Descent, taking a break in between to eat lunch and approve visual effects for The Hunt (revised) and Gauntlet (temps). [...]
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/february-8-2011-when-one-door-closes-another-opens-this-time-before-you-leave-remember-to-bring-the-keys-with-you/

SG-17
February 19th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I have a feeling that this episode will end with Colonel Young waking up in a field tent with a Blue Alien in a Nazi uniform standing over him.

Nth Chevron
February 20th, 2011, 02:25 PM
^ Green LOL :D

Jumper_One
February 24th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Then, it was off to post to approve some EXPLOSIVE visual effects shots and sequences for Epilogue and Gauntlet. [...]http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/02/23/february-23-2011-a-final-visit-to-my-stargate-stomping-grounds/

KEK
February 26th, 2011, 08:02 PM
The final season culminates with a dramatic conclusion for the fate of the Destiny crew, who face a difficult crossroads when they realize the time has come for them to take a risky stand…or they will be left adrift forever.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/22/syfy-announces-spring-premiere-dates-for-stargate-universe-sanctuary-marcels-quantum-kitchen-and-more/83365

Jumper_One
March 3rd, 2011, 01:38 AM
Back to the office tomorrow for the Day 1 mix of episodes #220, Gauntlet.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/february-2-2011-more-t-o-travel-planning-akemis-scalloped-sweet-potato-recipe-production-office-treasures/

ns2
March 3rd, 2011, 08:44 PM
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/03/03/march-3-2011-gauntlet-the-dish-on-that-super-secret-restaurant-and-lunch-at-refuel/

Nikec3
March 4th, 2011, 12:12 AM
If, on the other hand, things don’t pan out and Gauntlet does turn out to be the bittersweet finale, fans will be thrilled, touched, heartbroken – and left to wonder what could have been.

And Imagine Greater.

haha :D

Jumper_One
March 4th, 2011, 04:49 AM
I was in the office today to watch the Day 1 mix of episode #220, Gauntlet. And what a mix it was! We had a grand total of two notes, and they were mere looping issues. Carl, who also had two notes, emailed them our way this morning. They were: “31:00 Music cue over this montage is awesome. 40:40 Music cue over end of show montage is awesome.” A terrific job by all involved, and an extra special thank you to composer Joel Goldsmith for his always excellent work. The visual effects for this episode are almost complete (kudos to Mark Savela and co.) and they are incredible. It’s a spectacular yet poignant season ender. Hopefully, by the time its airs, we’ll have definite word on a potential movie or two. If it’s a go and fans can look forward to a proper end to Destiny’s mission, then Gauntlet will certainly set the stage for a grand conclusion. If, on the other hand, things don’t pan out and Gauntlet does turn out to be the bittersweet finale, fans will be thrilled, touched, heartbroken – and left to wonder what could have been.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/03/03/march-3-2011-gauntlet-the-dish-on-that-super-secret-restaurant-and-lunch-at-refuel/

alexkont
March 17th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Uhmmmm.....guys?!?!
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/march-7-2011-vegas-bound-stargate-universe-behind-the-scenes-secret-pics-and-video/

why hasn't anyone posted this??? these are obviously stasis pods...so I guess that rumour was true

Orion475
March 17th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Uhmmmm.....guys?!?!
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/march-7-2011-vegas-bound-stargate-universe-behind-the-scenes-secret-pics-and-video/

why hasn't anyone posted this??? these are obviously stasis pods...so I guess that rumour was true

I mentioned it months ago, in this thread, with spoiler tags look back! January 19th. I put two and two together immediately

greenguywithlasereye
March 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
very cool i missed that then! thanks

greenguywithlasereye
March 20th, 2011, 11:19 AM
hey i hope those stasis chamberswill be discovered before this last episode, otherwise it would seem ... silly maybe. depends.

knowles2
April 5th, 2011, 02:18 PM
hey i hope those stasis chamberswill be discovered before this last episode, otherwise it would seem ... silly maybe. depends.

Look like they will be discovered next episode. When Eli trap volker in a cryogenic status pod.

escyos
April 8th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Not sure which ep to put this in, chances are it won't make it into the episode but according to a little not on a page in one of the scripts:

An old enemy makes a reprisal, an enemy thought to be dead, an enemy though to have been stabbed by a certain female form Replicator.

I assume this is Yu. Apparently he is alive!

Not sure of whether this would even be in the episode, doesn't make sense that it would be but if its true, then:

Osiris: That stubborn old man simply refuses to die.

morbosfist
April 9th, 2011, 12:19 PM
As ridiculously implausible as that is considering how and where he died, I would love every second of it. Next to Ba'al, Yu is the best.

KEK
April 9th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Not sure which ep to put this in, chances are it won't make it into the episode but according to a little not on a page in one of the scripts:

Um... what's the source for this?

Bagpuss
April 9th, 2011, 11:56 PM
If that's from a "Side" or other internet source,it'd be nice if others could confirm the text ,escyos .

Please provide a link ! :)

Orion475
April 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
The actor who played Yu is probably back not the character

FoX-1028
April 11th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Not sure of whether this would even be in the episode, doesn't make sense that it would be but if its true, then:

That a joke? or wtf?

woolsey
April 12th, 2011, 01:23 PM
my personal opinio is that the return of lord Yu is highly unlikely, personaly i am more interested in why the crew will have to be put into hibernation

Cavil
April 14th, 2011, 05:07 AM
my personal opinio is that the return of lord Yu is highly unlikely, personaly i am more interested in why the crew will have to be put into hibernation

I imagine Destiny will be heavily damaged after a battle and they will have to go stasis while the repair drones fix the ship up? Either that or they will just decide to go into stasis to cut down some of the journey to 'the signal'

Barroth
April 14th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I imagine Destiny will be heavily damaged after a battle and they will have to go stasis while the repair drones fix the ship up? Either that or they will just decide to go into stasis to cut down some of the journey to 'the signal'

If that´s going to happen, the question is, for how long? because if they go into stasis for years, everything can be happen.

knowles2
April 14th, 2011, 08:24 AM
If that´s going to happen, the question is, for how long? because if they go into stasis for years, everything can be happen.

An the interesting thing will be how the war with the Lucian alliance will be going, what happening on Earth. It could make a very good season 3, which we will not see :(

Yu still alive, it would be strange if he was, I was not put it past the old fella. But with his dementia he not much of a threat surely. But for his Jaffa warriors to be that loyal to him I always thought he was one of the better Go'uld. So I would not be surprise if he show up with loyal Jaffa and humans backing him.

woolsey
April 14th, 2011, 03:55 PM
everything that has a begining has an end

FoX-1028
April 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM

Or maybe because they wont reach it in their lifetime...

greenguywithlasereye
April 15th, 2011, 07:23 PM
meaning of gauntlet: 'going through an intimidating or dangerous crowd, place, or •experience* in order to reach a goal'...

the name of the ship may also suggest that it has a connection w/the radiation source, at least in some way based on the ancients understanding of it, at the time of building the ship.

faith planet connection w/this would interest me. whatever happens, im sure it will be quite interesting to see.

KEK
April 15th, 2011, 08:21 PM
There isn't a radiation source per se, it's everywhere.

greenguywithlasereye
April 16th, 2011, 06:30 AM
i guess i meant, the 'signal'

escyos
April 16th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Ok, more info: (once again, this info is apparently old so the details may have changed, if you don't like it then dont read it)
The ship is badly damaged during the battle with the drones and the few surviving repairbots have to make repairs. Only problem is that the FTL engines will have to go offline in a few days which drops them short of the next galaxy by like half a year so they have to go into stasis so they can make the journey.

jelgate
April 16th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Source?

escyos
April 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Source?

A flying monkey shoe! (like I said, if you don't like it don't read it)

KEK
April 16th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Source?

Probably made up.

escyos
April 16th, 2011, 09:06 AM

I will clarify again. IT WAS A NOTE ON A PAGE, IT WAS NOT, i repeat NOT, meant to be a central part of the episode. Once again NOT meant to be a central part.

Also I will no longer be posting spoilers nor will anyone be able to get copies of past episode scripts from me, thanks to Kek, I will be refusing to give them out. So blame Kek if you want them.

jelgate
April 16th, 2011, 09:12 AM
A flying monkey shoe! (like I said, if you don't like it don't read it)

Of course I want to read a spoler but the question of validity comes in when you have nothing to back up your spoiler claim

escyos
April 16th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Of course I want to read a spoler but the question of validity comes in when you have nothing to back up your spoiler claim

Unfortunately its hard to link a message board to my own email account without giving you all access to it.....doesnt matter though spoilers arent coming from me anymore which includes the photocopy of parts of the script for common descent. (You can thank Kek for that)

KEK
April 16th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I will clarify again. IT WAS A NOTE ON A PAGE, IT WAS NOT, i repeat NOT, meant to be a central part of the episode. Once again NOT meant to be a central part.

Also I will no longer be posting spoilers nor will anyone be able to get copies of past episode scripts from me, thanks to Kek, I will be refusing to give them out. So blame Kek if you want them.

:lol:

D Toccs
April 17th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately its hard to link a message board to my own email account without giving you all access to it.....doesnt matter though spoilers arent coming from me anymore which includes the photocopy of parts of the script for common descent. (You can thank Kek for that)

So because someone expressed doubt about a "spoiler" you provided without a source, you're gonna pack up your toys and go home?

Petty much?

spinny magee
April 18th, 2011, 02:47 AM
It will end with Barclay saying "Computer End Program"

KEK
April 18th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Sarah Smyth (Scott's son's mother) is listed as appearing in this episode.

Anubis91
April 19th, 2011, 07:14 AM
With the airing of Common Descent, and the rumors around, my guess for the end of season 2 is
they will not find enough lime for the CO2 scrubbers and the people of the Novus colony will still be on bord so everyone will go in the stasis pods discovered in the Hunt and.... THE END

zainea13
April 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I like the stasis pods, and the writers may have done this one purpose in the event that the show was not renewed, we can just assume that they go on forever in the pods. Which is bittersweet. The show has a conclusion... just not really the one we wanted! lol

FoX-1028
April 20th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Dont remember where i read this but the crew will go on stasis pods while the repair robots repair Destiny while traveling to other galaxy

KEK
April 20th, 2011, 08:06 AM
^^ The first part is a spoiler, the second part was fan speculation I believe.

Cavil
April 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Dont remember where i read this but the crew will go on stasis pods while the repair robots repair Destiny while traveling to other galaxy

Another theory I have is that maybe they go stasis due to the huge drain on supplies and resources they have due to bringing the people of Novus with them... lack of food, water, oxygen etc...

Shokada
April 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I really hope that they don't give us an ending that involves stasis pods. I think that I remember hearing this episode being compared 'Unending' on Joe's blog, which would suggest that the episode doesn't end with them in the stasis pods. Rather whatever ending would provide closure to the episode and the story arc, but not to the entire show.

Personally, I'm hoping that we get to understand more about the signal and get to see some incredibly advanced and awesome piece of technology. That, for me, would make the ending good, regardless of who dies.

knowles2
April 21st, 2011, 02:48 AM
Ok, more info: (once again, this info is apparently old so the details may have changed, if you don't like it then dont read it)
The ship is badly damaged during the battle with the drones and the few surviving repairbots have to make repairs. Only problem is that the FTL engines will have to go offline in a few days which drops them short of the next galaxy by like half a year so they have to go into stasis so they can make the journey.

That makes sense.
But I suspect is will be more lack of power and failure to be able to recharge before leaving the galaxy behind. Plus with all the extra guests (new crew) on board, food supplies are going to be a stretch.

But they could always combine the above reason with Rush, Eli, and Brody, and Volker and the other scientists staying awake to implement repairs and continue to grow food why the rest sleep.

The repair bots are not automated, someone has to programme them to carry out repairs on the vessel. An as we have seen it can take weeks to programme them to repair the engines.

Why also acting as security against Lucian alliance and any other uninvited guests.

In this situation the military personnel are surplus to requirement and I guesting it the same for many of the Novas people. Through I am kind of hoping there are a few scientists amongst them.

D Toccs
April 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM
I am guessing that everyone on board will go in to stasis due to the power requirements/damage from the battle.
But . . . . .
The last shot will be some sort of console beeping and showing a warning display indicating that something has gone wrong. As the ship drifts along into the distance.

If there was a season 3 we would see how the crew overcomes this possibly with some loss of reshirt life. But with no season 3, this will serve as what Mallozzi called a "bittersweet" ending.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
April 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM
Space Description Blocked by Command Ships at every star and unable to gate for supplies without alerting the drones, Destiny must take a stand or be left adrift."

dahok
April 25th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I've read the last three episode descriptions and I'm not even excited. I understand this was originally going to be a season finale, but I still cannot care much for it.
I guess it makes it better to go in expected to be disappointed, and not missing the end of a franchise.

kirmit
April 25th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I've read the last three episode descriptions and I'm not even excited. I understand this was originally going to be a season finale, but I still cannot care much for it.
I guess it makes it better to go in expected to be disappointed, and not missing the end of a franchise.

Have you got a link for the descriptions? I've seen a description for the next episode but not the last two.

dahok
April 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Have you got a link for the descriptions? I've seen a description for the next episode but not the last two.

Obviously some minor spoilers:

Final 3 episode descriptions. (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/04/first-plot-details-on-stargate-universes-final-episodes/)

I think "meh" describes my feelings perfectly. The descendants and drones would have made for a decent mid-season arc... if that.

Spidey3121
April 27th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I too am not overly exciting about the description for Blockade but, well having just seen Epilogue it was absolutely amazing = best SGU has to offer. I mean obviously you could disagree but i think it was just great. The SyFy promo for Blockade though has given me an overall feeling of "meh". As for Gauntlet i'm not certain what to think just yet. Regardless of quality i feel as if i'll be left disappointed knowing we'll never get a proper conclusion...

garhkal
April 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM

He still got his job?

woolsey
April 28th, 2011, 02:05 PM
he was fired, and then hanged.

wabbit42
May 1st, 2011, 08:40 AM
I am guessing that everyone on board will go in to stasis due to the power requirements/damage from the battle.
But . . . . .
The last shot will be some sort of console beeping and showing a warning display indicating that something has gone wrong. As the ship drifts along into the distance.

If there was a season 3 we would see how the crew overcomes this possibly with some loss of reshirt life. But with no season 3, this will serve as what Mallozzi called a "bittersweet" ending.

That would be good. I could imagine that happening.

Shokada
May 1st, 2011, 11:44 AM
Speculation has gone rather dry here!

Does anybody think that Destiny will find some kind of weapon or ship on the planet in Blockade? or perhaps they'll find some design in the archives from Novus? After all, the description for Gauntlet says that Destiny makes a stand against the drones and I can hardly see that Young and Rush will be willing to go in alone against them. Does anybody have any other suggestions of interesting and imaginative ways that Destiny may be able to fight off the drones?

dvdrts
May 1st, 2011, 01:23 PM
Does anybody have any other suggestions of interesting and imaginative ways that Destiny may be able to fight off the drones?

more ursini coming to the rescue with a full fleet?:D

LordRush
May 1st, 2011, 01:37 PM
Just another day in outer space :D

Daveed
May 1st, 2011, 01:40 PM
more ursini coming to the rescue with a full fleet?:D
Or...
the blue aliens. They followed the Destiny to this galaxy, so they can show up anytime.

dvdrts
May 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Or...
the blue aliens. They followed the Destiny to this galaxy, so they can show up anytime.

or both:cool:

Daveed
May 1st, 2011, 02:05 PM
or both:cool:

The ursini is extinct. :D

garhkal
May 1st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Perhaps they get some help by finding shuttles and having the Novans make Kamakazi attacks in honor of their lord RUSH!!

LordRush
May 1st, 2011, 05:02 PM
Perhaps they get some help by finding shuttles and having the Novans make Kamakazi attacks in honor of their lord RUSH!!

Yes Yes, bow down to LordRush! :D A necessary sacrifice for the greater good!

kudra
May 2nd, 2011, 02:27 AM
Yes Yes, bow down to LordRush! :D A necessary sacrifice for the greater good!

This :D

I was so hoping they'd meet up with some Futurans - just to see Rush's reaction to his 'worshippers'

woolsey
May 2nd, 2011, 08:41 AM
that would be fun

Keeper
May 2nd, 2011, 08:44 AM

I was so hoping they'd meet up with some Futurans - just to see Rush's reaction to his 'worshippers'

i'd rather not.

disillusionment with one's god can be destructive - the jaffa discovered as many or more divides in a culture without goa'uld as there were with them.

i'd rather not see an angry futuran try to kill rush or brody for the sake of 'entertainment.'

wabbit42
May 2nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
i'd rather not see an angry futuran try to kill rush or brody for the sake of 'entertainment.'

I would ;)

FoX-1028
May 2nd, 2011, 06:53 PM
One last battle guys... anyone cares to do one last countdown? :(

morbosfist
May 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Man, the drones are pulling out all the stops for this last episode.
Suicide runs, blocking every gate, they must really be tired of Destiny escaping.

Space Gate12
May 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
My speculation for the seres finale is two, well three, things can happen.

1. Destiny, along with its crew, go down fighting. Its a good fight but everyone dies. The end.
2. They barely make it out alive with heavy casualties and continue the mission.
3. They all get magically transported back to the milky way and find themselves among a deadelus class ship.

Thats the only three things I can think of that would happen, among other outlandish endings such as a supernova randomly exploding in the middle of the battle or a gamma ray burst obliterating everything.

KEK
May 2nd, 2011, 11:15 PM
2x20 Gauntlet Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY84wAid-5I

KEK
May 2nd, 2011, 11:19 PM
2x20 Gauntlet Sneak Peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHXn2e8o7DQ

Anubis91
May 3rd, 2011, 12:31 AM
And so, thanks to the sneak peak, I bet that the crew will go into stasis to avoid eating and breathing until they are at the edge of the galaxy.
And if a season 3 would have been green-lighted, it would have started with a new galaxy :(

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
May 3rd, 2011, 02:46 AM
hey kiddies here are the teaser images for next week.
http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/2844/index.html

knowles2
May 3rd, 2011, 02:55 AM
The drones really do not like loosing do they.

zainea13
May 3rd, 2011, 03:06 AM
we never saw this gun :( maybe this episode

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/img_6356.jpg

woolsey
May 3rd, 2011, 07:34 AM
where did you find this picture

KEK
May 3rd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Mallozzi posted the concept art I believe.

hallmjo
May 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
cant believe this is it :(

morbosfist
May 3rd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Yep, looks like the stasis pods are going to see use. Everyone be hugging goodbye.

wabbit42
May 3rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
All I have to say is it should be good

knowles2
May 3rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
From the preview it seems Rush and Eli are the only ones staying awake. It would have been interesting to see those two cope being alone with each other for months/years in season 3.

morbosfist
May 3rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
"It went great. There were those few times when we tried to kill each other, but thankfully we weren't good enough shots to actually hit anything."

LordRush
May 3rd, 2011, 01:36 PM
looks awesome

knowles2
May 3rd, 2011, 01:59 PM
"It went great. There were those few times when we tried to kill each other, but thankfully we weren't good enough shots to actually hit anything."

Lol

garhkal
May 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM

Or their reaction to "lord Rush"~!

BOW DOWN!

From the preview it seems Rush and Eli are the only ones staying awake. It would have been interesting to see those two cope being alone with each other for months/years in season 3.

It would make sense.. Those 2 are the best at manually operating the ship as we saw this weeks ep.

KEK
May 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM
2x20 Gauntlet promo from Space:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOg5DLC7AcQ

morbosfist
May 4th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Nice scrape there.

I think Park's still blind. She's got her eyes closed in that final shot.

garhkal
May 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM
So Space airs it Tuesday... Interesting.

dacooker
May 4th, 2011, 04:18 PM
So Space airs it Tuesday... Interesting.

Yes, and it's Space's highest rated/watched show.

KEK
May 5th, 2011, 02:28 AM
The promo is getting quite a lot of traffic, more than usual anyway:

#2 - Most Discussed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism
#62 - Most Discussed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Global
#64 - Most Viewed (Today) - Czech Republic
#105 - Most Viewed (Today) - France
#128 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Egypt
#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Czech Republic
#9 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Germany
#16 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism
#18 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Global
#9 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Spain
#24 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Mexico
#1 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - France
#36 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Italy
#115 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - South Korea
#18 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Netherlands
#3 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Poland
#15 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Brazil
#59 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Russia
#17 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Sweden
#192 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Taiwan
#11 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Algeria
#33 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Morocco
#16 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Tunisia
#15 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Australia
#19 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Canada
#15 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Ireland
#14 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - Israel
#11 - Most Viewed (Today) - Non-profits & Activism - New Zealand
#31 - Top Rated (This Week) - Non-profits & Activism

knowles2
May 5th, 2011, 02:40 AM
The drone ship in the scene where rush say they cant run they cant hide, looks far bigger than any we have seen before. Looks as big as destiny herself if not bigger.

An I think we are going to see some of the prettiest space battles scenes in the show ever. Anyone knows whats Geer is saying the at the end there. I got "we all go out together" but what was he saying before that.

morbosfist
May 5th, 2011, 07:38 AM
We've never seen them scaled properly. They're all probably that big.

Pharaoh Atem
May 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
:( can't see previews on my iPad but it sounds good

Nikec3
May 5th, 2011, 12:06 PM
“Gauntlet” will be a cliffhanger, unfortunately, which Mallozzi described as being in the same category of cliffhanger as SG-1′s “Camelot,” SGA’s “The Siege II,” and SGU’s “Incursion II,” and gave this “fair warning” about the conclusion of the Stargate franchise “as we know it”: “Gauntlet, in particular, is very touching and its conclusion will no doubt you leave you…among many other things…frustrated, incredulous, outraged, offended, annoyed, vexed, saddened, distressed, bitter, aghast, irritated, unsatisfied, pissed-off, melancholy, miserable, confused, furious, dejected, riled, shocked, heartsick, angry, surprised, exasperated, indignant, enraged, despondent, bewildered, dismayed, incensed, stunned, and grief-stricken.”

I thought Gauntlet cliffhanger won't be as big as these ones.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/2011/05/innerspace-stargate-special-to-air-tuesday-may-10/

major davis
May 5th, 2011, 01:24 PM
It won't be... But it will...

From the spoilers ive read I think Joe is just seeing it from a different perspective than fans... But he wrote the ep and I only read some brief spoilers...

garhkal
May 5th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I thought Gauntlet cliffhanger won't be as big as these ones.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/2011/05/innerspace-stargate-special-to-air-tuesday-may-10/

So we here in the US miss out on that? WTF>!!:!>!#[email protected]!#(*@!Y#(*@^$

wabbit42
May 6th, 2011, 07:54 AM
So we here in the US miss out on that? WTF>!!:!>!#[email protected]!#(*@!Y#(*@^$

Your country's network dropped Stargate so... yes.

FoX-1028
May 6th, 2011, 01:26 PM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx309/Fox1028/gautlet.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQuQ4EfUZPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAz888Q_Y7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsS8DG5Xmxw

2 Days... :(

Pharaoh Atem
May 8th, 2011, 12:43 PM
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=970

promo pics are up

Pharaoh Atem
May 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
MG]http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx309/Fox1028/gautlet.jpg[/IMG]

I'll watch but I don't want it to end :(

KEK
May 9th, 2011, 03:27 AM
2x20 Gauntlet MGM Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou7M4IgSRQU

Potential massive spoiler in there.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
May 9th, 2011, 03:37 AM
2x20 Gauntlet MGM Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou7M4IgSRQU

Potential massive spoiler in there.

yeah a Shuttle fricking explodes.

FoX-1028
May 9th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Dammit u dont find shuttles everyday -_- oh well its the last ep.

knowles2
May 9th, 2011, 04:14 AM
I does not just explode, it seems some crazy person decides to play the drones at there own game and launch a Kamzazi run of there own.

I am guesting Chloe going to be single if we had a season 3. With Scott manning the shuttle.

I do not see Rush sacrificing his life, we see Eli and Rush freezing the crew anyway which I guest is after the battle. An we see James and Eli hugging each other.

TJ cant fly the shuttle, as far we know.
Guest it could be park unable to live with her blindness.
Greer we have never seen at the control stations of the shuttle before have we.

An I do not think Volker or Brody are the types to go on a suicide run.

An Wray have never learnt to fly the shuttle either.

So my guest it will either be Park or Scott. Scott seem most likely to me.

morbosfist
May 9th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Autopilot, maybe, but then that would be unlikely with the weapons firing. Red shirts, we need a volunteer!

Shylodog
May 9th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Autopilot, maybe, but then that would be unlikely with the weapons firing. Red shirts, we need a volunteer!

You and Two will be piloting it. ;)

dvdrts
May 9th, 2011, 08:23 AM

is that even possible with these shuttles? the puddle jumpers in atlantis had remote control but i don't think that these shuttles have it

morbosfist
May 9th, 2011, 08:32 AM
It's possible. The shuttle doubtless has an autopilot function. If they really wanted to, they should be able to rig up a subspace link to control it by remote.

KEK
May 9th, 2011, 08:45 AM
The episode's ending would have led into "a great opener for season three," Wright said. "But when we saw the Tuesday night ratings on Syfy, we knew it might be the end," he added, saying tonight's episode brings the series "full circle" and features elements that "make it feel like a finale."

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/09/stargate-universe-finale-interview-david-blue-brad-wright/

Keeper
May 9th, 2011, 08:48 AM
jumpers had to be rigged with remote control though - zalenka and mckay had to hook them up to the chair. even then it failed again during the siege, and i don't think it was made clear whether it was a flaw in the interface, or in the power supply.

the ancients would likely have expected that if a shuttle was flying, it likely had someone actually in it - and considering they hoped for atlantis to rise again, yet forgot to put a failsafe in place to ensure it would be capable, it wouldn't be surprising that they may easily have overlooked autopilots on shuttles.

however - the shuttle that was returned, apparently by the planet builders - did the people on board control it on the approach to destiny or was it on auto? if auto - whether by ancient or PB design - it should be possible to reverse-engineer the system, and hopefully hook in weapons and targeting as well.

knowles2
May 9th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Having the Kamzazi run being done by autopilot takes all the drama out of it.

An plus we were told there would be two deaths this season, so far we have had zero.

Through technically Volker did die on Novas but that a cheat by the writers if they are counting that one of there deaths.

Steelbox
May 9th, 2011, 09:34 AM
jumpers had to be rigged with remote control though - zalenka and mckay had to hook them up to the chair. even then it failed again during the siege, and i don't think it was made clear whether it was a flaw in the interface, or in the power supply.

the ancients would likely have expected that if a shuttle was flying, it likely had someone actually in it - and considering they hoped for atlantis to rise again, yet forgot to put a failsafe in place to ensure it would be capable, it wouldn't be surprising that they may easily have overlooked autopilots on shuttles.

however - the shuttle that was returned, apparently by the planet builders - did the people on board control it on the approach to destiny or was it on auto? if auto - whether by ancient or PB design - it should be possible to reverse-engineer the system, and hopefully hook in weapons and targeting as well.

I believe Rush was aiding them on the approach.

Daralundy
May 9th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I think they were talking about the duplicate Rush and Telford in Twin Destinies. Seems sorta like a cheat though.

An plus we were told there would be two deaths this season, so far we have had zero.

Through technically Volker did die on Novas but that a cheat by the writers if they are counting that one of there deaths.

greenguywithlasereye
May 9th, 2011, 10:50 AM
is there a thread for alternate endings? b/c I have a few ideas of my own...

Can't wait for tonite....personally I hope they all make it though. it'd be nice. I dont consider it a cheat, didnt it happen in SG1 w/moebius [i think]?

'sgonna be good. if PB help out that would be VERY interesting [even tho it prob wont happen].

FoX-1028
May 9th, 2011, 03:18 PM
http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/09/stargate-universe-finale-interview-david-blue-brad-wright/

The cast and crew of 'SGU' wrapped filming on the current season before learning of the show's cancellation. But Wright says he crafted 'Gauntlet' to work as both a season finale and as a series finale.

I read something like that from JM, that Gauntlet will be like a series finale :D

FoX-1028
May 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Mallozzi just posted a link of the review of Gauntlet.
I dont think you should click this link before watching Gauntlet...

DON'T do it.
http://popculturezoo.com/2011/05/gauntlet-is-a-bittersweet-end-to-stargate-universe/

garhkal
May 9th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I have said it before.. but it deserves repeating.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

dtape
May 9th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Mallozzi just posted a link of the review of Gauntlet.
I dont think you should click this link before watching Gauntlet...

DON'T do it.
http://popculturezoo.com/2011/05/gauntlet-is-a-bittersweet-end-to-stargate-universe/

he does call the review "spoilerific"

he also recommends watching the first 5 minutes of "Air," which ends when Greer first comes through the gate during the evacuation of Icarus

nx01a
May 9th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I haven't read any spoilers or seen and trailers for the episode... but I don't think I can bring myself to watch it live. I'm having PTSD flashbacks to watching the final episode of Star Trek live and the sadness involved. :(

Pharaoh Atem
May 9th, 2011, 05:19 PM
I have said it before.. but it deserves repeating.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i'm with you

Spidey3121
May 9th, 2011, 05:30 PM

I suppose none of the primary characters have bit the dust, save for the previously mentioned alternate versions of Rush and Telford, but plenty of secondary characters have that have had dramatic impacts on our crew.

Riley in "Aftermath" - major impact on Young

Ginn and Amanda Perry - major impacts on Eli and Rush

Secondary characters dying in Stargate is nothing new, but certainly their direct impact has been much more prominent in SGU. Still if they were going to kill off a primary character a season finale is always a create time to do so...