This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Gauntlet" (220) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread Spoilers

PG15 also writes: “1. Are all the Season 2 episode slots filled at this point?

Answers: 201: Intervention, 202: Aftermath, 203: Awakening, 204: Pathogen, 205: Cloverdale, 206: Trial and Error, 207: The Greater Good, 208: Malice, 209: Visitation, 210: Resurgence, 211: Deliverance, 212: Twin Destinies, 213: Alliances, 214: Hope, 215: Seizure, 216: The Hunt, 217: (Rob’s script), 218: (Carl’s script), 219: Blockade, 220: Gauntlet. Yep. All we need are a couple of titles.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ies-2-mailbag/

Woooo Season 2 Finale! wow i think this will air in like a year from now

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Here is The definition of gauntlet:
      Spoiler:
      1 : a glove worn with medieval armor to protect the hand
      2 : any of various protective gloves used especially in industry
      3 : an open challenge (as to combat) —used in phrases like throw down the gauntlet
      4 : a dress glove extending above the wrist
      Or
      1 a : a double file of men facing each other and armed with clubs or other weapons with which to strike at an individual who is made to run between them —used with run b : a line, series, or assemblage; especially : one that poses some sort of ordeal <a gauntlet of autograph-seekers>
      2 : a severe trial : ordeal <ran the gauntlet of criticism and censure>

Comment

yeah, the name is such a tease, isn't it?
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

When I see this thread I can't help but think of the Resurrection Gauntlet (still think that Risen Mitten is a better name, though ).
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            Here is The definition of gauntlet:
            Spoiler:
            1 : a glove worn with medieval armor to protect the hand
            2 : any of various protective gloves used especially in industry
            3 : an open challenge (as to combat) —used in phrases like throw down the gauntlet
            4 : a dress glove extending above the wrist
            Or
            1 a : a double file of men facing each other and armed with clubs or other weapons with which to strike at an individual who is made to run between them —used with run b : a line, series, or assemblage; especially : one that poses some sort of ordeal <a gauntlet of autograph-seekers>
            2 : a severe trial : ordeal <ran the gauntlet of criticism and censure>
            I doubt they will make an episode about a glove!

It is bound to be based on your last point... to me, a 'Gauntlet' is a trial, dodging and diving between obstacles. It will be a race, trying to avoid some dangers yet to be known.

I'm really looking forward to this finale - big time!
            sigpic

Comment

The previous episode is called Blockade, perhaps running the Gauntlet would involve getting past said blockade

Comment

What if the gauntlet is the name of an ancient ship?

Comment

It'll be an episode consisting of nothing but British Bulldog.

Comment

Update:

Lewis writes: “Just a quick ? about Gauntlet (ep. 20). Is it already mostly written at this point or do you wait until later in the fall when you find out if SGU has been picked up for Season 3… or is it a matter of plotting out 2 different endings?”

Answer: As was the case in every other season, the script for our season finale will be written by the time a decision is made on a pick-up. In fact, I suspect that by the time we do hear, we will have already wrapped production on season 2.

Boris writes: “1) Who are the writers of the last episodes you give out in this post: 215: Seizure, 219: Blockade, 219: Blockade, and 220: Gauntlet? [...]”

Answers: 1) 215, Seizure – Remi Aubuchon, 216, The Hunt – Joseph Mallozzi, 217 – Robert Cooper script, 218 – Carl Binder script, 219, Blockade – Linda McGibney, 210, Gauntlet – Paul Mullie, [...]
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...t-iii-mailbag/

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                      It'll be an episode consisting of nothing but British Bulldog.
                      GREEN!
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        The previous episode is called Blockade, perhaps running the Gauntlet would involve getting past said blockade
                        I agree it goes with episode 19 = Blockade...
                        Hence 'Blockade' = the obstacles from the 'Gauntlet'. I'm thinking a new (or maybe current) alien species trying to prevent the Destiny from getting to where it wants to go!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott7070 View Post
                          I agree it goes with episode 19 = Blockade...
                          Hence 'Blockade' = the obstacles from the 'Gauntlet'. I'm thinking a new (or maybe current) alien species trying to prevent the Destiny from getting to where it wants to go!
                          Doesn't FTL kind of make a blockade kind of pointless?
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Not necessarily; we know from "Faith" that FTL can be disrupted.

Anyways, I like Scott7070's idea. Destiny runs into an obstacle in Blockade, and at the end of the episode the crew decides to run it in order to get to where they're going. Then, Gauntlet covers the, well, running of the gauntlet (of alien ships?) and will no doubt be action packed as a result. Since this is a season finale, there will most likely be a cliffhanger, and what better cliffhanger is there besides having Destiny fail at getting through the gauntlet and having the last shot be Destiny getting pummeled by enemy weapons fire as it's stuck in a sea of alien ships?

You know, I had a story idea a while ago about the crew of Destiny cracking the master code and ending up dropping out of FTL in the middle of a battle between two enemy fleets and getting caught in the crossfire. This would be the season finale and end with Destiny getting pummeled by weapons fire. The season premiere would then continue from there with the attack stranding a few groups of people across Destiny as corridors are cut off by hull breaches. The coolest thing about this is that I imagined Eli and Chloe being one of these groups, and Incursion ends up doing exactly that! Maybe Gauntlet will do the other part now.

Comment

Oh...good to hear that Paul Mullie is gonna take care about this one. Divided and Subversion were one of the best episodes this season so now I have to wait a whole year to find out what's it gonna be about.

They are coming...Smurfs!

Comment

Working...
                              X