Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of a Tech Timeline for the Ancients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know of a Tech Timeline for the Ancients?

I've been doing some searches but I'm unable to come up with a coherent Time line of Ancients tech. Having a time line would make it a lot eaiser to peg what technology might be on the Destiny.

Well almost all the technology we've seen of the ancients was in Atlantis, the pegasus galaxy, or created after Atlantis so bar the ark of truth there isn't really anything significant
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Ancient timeline - hope this helps

Comment

Only really Brad Wright would be qualified in my opinion to make a tech timeline for the ancients but for the most part I'd say they stagnated since leaving the Ori/Alteran homeworld.

I'd rank the invention of the Stargate as their greatest technological feat which we discovered in the Ark of Truth was achieved or at least began being designed before they left the Ori.

I'm somewhat skeptical of the technology (or lack of) on Destiny and feel the writers decided on the advancement after the fact. Any race that can invent a device that deconstructs matter, transmits it through a wormhole between any two points in the universe and reconstruct it on the other side doesn't need lime (or some other raw material) to scrub carbon dioxide.

Comment

wow, heck yah. so somewhere in that time line the Destiny was launched. I'm thinking almost at the begining since the tech on destiny seems pretty primitive compared with that on the Ancient startships discovered by the atlantis crew.

Comment

In my opinion, here's how the timeline works:

1. The Alterans and the Ori were once 1 society. They didn't have gate technology, hyperspace travel and didn't have a clue about ascension. Then, their different beliefs of science and religion created a split and erupted into a civil war before they could realise their full potential.

2. Generational ark-ships (probably with FTL drives or close) were developped with multiples groups going out in the universe to start anew based on their beliefs.

3. The ones who came to the Milky Way became known as the Avalonians. It is then that they start to develop gate technology. As a result, multiple gate-seeding ships are launched followed by the Destiny-class ships.
            The Alliance of Great Races probably has its roots here as well (not necessarily Alliance of Ancients, Nox, Furlings, Asgards...there's no reason that they were always 4 races or started that way).
            Ascension is probably also discovered and researched at this time.

4. The Ori and the Avalonians become aware of one another and another intergalactic civil war erupts. The Ark of Truth is then probably created due to both sides having realised the potential of Ascension and having followers worshipping them.

5. This time, the war ends in a terrible plague in the Milky Way galaxy.

6. State-of-the-art (at least at that point) city-ships are created to escape to other previously discovered galaxies (thanks to the Destiny-class ships) and start over again. Other avalonians prefer to ascend.

7. I could go on...but we'll leave it for another thread. lol.

Comment

The stargate was designed around the same time that they left their home galaxy due to the Ori conflict, as was the ark of truth, they go in with your number 1.

I don't recall the ancients ever been called Avalonians? they were alterans when in the MW and lantians in pegasus wasn't it? and as for 4 we don't know if there was a civil war between them after they came to the MW, there was a plague that Danial speculated was caused by the Ori and the ancients ascended after going to the pegasus galaxy, we saw thats where they did their research, some returned after the war with the wraith, and it was to only 1 galaxy, Pegasus, and since the ancients were never on Destiny its doubtful they had any information at all on pegasus, which probably wasn't seeded by Destiny
              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Sg1 season 9 ep 2 says the ancients named the milky way Avalon and made abuncha stargates. Maybe they sent the seeder ship ahead before they got here and used the think corridor of destiny gates to start out, eventually placing the common MW gates throughout the galaxy. And the same for pegasus. Who knows maybe some ancients continued on to andromeda and other local galaxies and expanded on their tiny seeded networks. There certainly was an mk2 gate in the Asgard galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                  Ancient timeline - hope this helps
                  that timelie puts destiny after atlantis and we have been told AGAIN AND AGAIN its NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    that timelie puts destiny after atlantis and we have been told AGAIN AND AGAIN its NOT!
                    That would be funny.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

It's not my timeline and thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Atlantis is several million years old, so how old is Destiny? 10 million? 20 million?

Comment

We don't know any specifics, no one does. This quote from Joseph Mallozzi's blog is as close as we're going to get for now:

Ian writes: “Some people in a forum i am in are debating about destiny and atlantis. Destiny is first right? and we know that Atlantis has to be a few million years old, since they wiped out life in the milky way and then restarted it and left for pegasus. So would you be able to give a range of years like Destiny is 30-35 million years old and Atlantis is 10-15 million years old??”

Answer: I’d rather not put a specific date on either (I’ll leave that to Brad or Rob), but I will confirm that, yes, Destiny IS older.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ts-curveballs/
                          Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Well, this isn't a timeline, and the sources credibility is...questionable... but it's certainly better than nothing.
                            We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
                            —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
                            —Ricky Gervais

Comment

There is no timeline for anything related to stargate and their never will be...ever...im sorry but thats the way life is in regards to stargate

Comment

Working...
                              X