This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New World (402) pre-air/discussion thread

Set to air July 16. I wonder what this title means? Something spacey? Something dimensional?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I'm thinking it is another alternate timeline... Likely repercussions from whatever happens tonight!
    sigpic

Comment

Thoughts about this episode after watching Founder's Day?

Obviously the title refers to the "new world" that Jack & Co. have created by changing the past. And the promo seems to indicate that the changes are causing everything to fall apart, just as happened in the S1 finale. So how do you all think it will be fixed?
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think things are going to be fixed, I think Dr Grant is going be be with us for a while and the characters are going to have to adjust to the "New World" but things may be reset at the mid-season break or something, I guess we'll see. I wonder if they'll form a little club to share information with each other about the new timeline?
        sigpic

Comment

As the Founder's Day festivities continue, Carter and the others must accustom themselves to the new time line and how Dr. Grant fits into it. Unfortunately, reacclimatization needs to occur on a steep learning curve—"Tiny", one of Global Dynamic's projects, has run amok in the crowded town.
          http://www.tv.com/eureka/show/58448/summary.html
          sigpic

Comment

Things won't be "fixed" anytime soon.

If they do it'll be either close to the final episode of the season or the final episode of the season and probably will end in a cliffhanger.

Comment

I wasn't clear in my question. I didn't mean "fixed" as in....everything back to normal. I agree that's not going to happen. But somehow they've got to find a way to keep the universe from collapsing as we saw in the promo. They did it in the S1 finale by resetting the timeline back to what it originally was, but this time, if the changes are going to be permanent, they're going to have to find a different way to "fix" it - that's what I meant. How will they fix the problem without resetting the timeline?

I think maybe Dr Grant will come up with the solution.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                I think maybe Dr Grant will come up with the solution.
                Good idea, I like it
                sigpic

Comment

Do y'all think at the end of this episode we'll have a better idea of how permanent the new time line will be?
                  sigpic

Comment

I certainly hope so I mean, wouldn't that be the best episode to make that clear? Or would they really need more time to figure that out?
                    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                    I will never accept defeat.
                    I will never quit.
                    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                    ------
                    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Working...
                    X