TOS uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOS uniforms

In preparing to go to my first Trek con (Vegas, here I come!) I've realized it's absolutely necessary I dress up as Kirk. Except... I'm a girl and it's proving exceedingly difficult to find a command uniform for women. I was going to try to make it myself but time constraints are pushing me to consider other options.

Any ideas on where to get a good command skant? I'm also willing to go nu!Trek, but would prefer the TOS style. I also vaguely want to get my hands on Kirk's green wraparound shirt for another costume choice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This thread calls for some pictures.

Comment

As far as I know there was no command woman TOS uniforms, which sucks, but I have seen a longer skirt turner into a command level woman uniform for TOS it might not be 'cannon' but WTF your there make it your own!

Comment

Try using a movie era uniform. Not sure if those are popular at conventions are not, but they have command uniforms for women.
        Dr. Andrew Clarke

Aftermath GW RP

Comment

Uhura briefly wore command gold.

If you know someone who could do it up before the con there's a pattern for it. Just get the gold fabric, insignia & rank indicator.

If that doesn't work out; here's one for about $80.

Here's a cheaper one.

Here's the Kirk green wraparound.

And there's no rule that says you can wear a men's costume.
          Here's the shirt in velour & in cotton. The pants are seperate, but I would think that any old black pants would do.

Hope this helps & have fun at the con.

Comment

Bumping for the OP & anyone else who's interested.

Comment

Working...
            X