Just a dumb question from a newbie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a dumb question from a newbie.

In Stargate Command, when a wormhole is established, how come the event horizon doesn't burn away the ramp leading through the gate and how does the iris not cut the ramp in half when it's closed?

Well the ramp probably doesn't go through the gate, just very very close to it, and it stays out of the way of the kawooosh
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

The ramp is slanted just enough so it doesn't make contact when the wormhole is established. The big splash the Stargate makes goes in a straight line all the time.
      sigpic

Comment

Just like when they show the wormhole being connected on another planet, the steps never get harmed, ie. the ramp is the same way

And the iris is in the gate itself, it has nothing to do with the ramp. You see how it swivels in and out and goes into the gate? That's how.
        O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

simple the kaoosh doesn't touch it.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The ramp isn't touching the gate and only anything in the way of the Kawoosh gets vaporized, the iris is so close to the event horizon it isn't affected by the kawoosh, same goes for the Atlantis gate's shield

Comment

wrong, there is no gap, its just a production error.

Comment

i believe they remove that particular piece to put the iris over it

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                  The ramp isn't touching the gate and only anything in the way of the Kawoosh gets vaporized, the iris is so close to the event horizon it isn't affected by the kawoosh, same goes for the Atlantis gate's shield
                  Couldn't say it better
                  The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    wrong, there is no gap, its just a production error.

Then how would the iris close? And why isn't that section not vaporized?
                    sigpic

Comment

Look closely at the photo. There's a little rectangular section where the gate is. In later episodes, the ramp was altered so there'd be a small gap of a few inches where the vortex and iris would appear. I think they altered the ramp early on so the iris prop could easilly be installed. In regards to "Enemy at the Gate," well... why doesn't the Stargate burn away the stone on alien worlds that covers the bottom chunk of the Stargate? While we expect stories to make logical sense, some things have to be dismissed as either production errors or, "Oops, we didn't think of that."

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        Look closely at the photo. There's a little rectangular section where the gate is. In later episodes, the ramp was altered so there'd be a small gap of a few inches where the vortex and iris would appear. I think they altered the ramp early on so the iris prop could easilly be installed.
                        I always assumed the iris was CGI. Is it an actual prop?

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          Then how would the iris close? And why isn't that section not vaporized?
                          Only anything in the Kawoosh is vaporized!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
                            I always assumed the iris was CGI. Is it an actual prop?
                            I also thought it was CGI, does anyone know if its actually a real prop?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                              I also thought it was CGI, does anyone know if its actually a real prop?
                              If it is, I want a gate for my front door (the thing that holds the door), and the iris to be the actual door

Comment

Working...
                              X