PDA

View Full Version : Time Will Tell (201)

Madwelshboy
July 5th, 2010, 10:43 AM
In the season two premiere, we pick up right where we left off. MacPherson has blown Artie to smithereens, and disappeared. Is Leena really a traitor? Where has Claudia gone? How will Pete, Myka and the Warehouse fare without Artie? What other havoc did MacPherson wreak when he was alone in the Warehouse? And is there yet a new villain on the horizon?

Please use the report feature to request the thread to be opened

Replicator Todd
July 6th, 2010, 08:12 PM
H.G. Wells is a woman?! :eek: Awesome! This was quite a fun episode, I think i'm going to stick around and become a fan of this show. ;) Too bad I missed all of Season 1 except for the Joe Flanigan episode! This show looks like alot of fun....and next week has two special actors i'm excited to see!

lordofseas
July 6th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I love this show. :)

badwolfSG
July 6th, 2010, 08:43 PM
H.G. Wells is a woman?! :eek: Awesome! This was quite a fun episode, I think i'm going to stick around and become a fan of this show. ;) Too bad I missed all of Season 1 except for the Joe Flanigan episode! This show looks like alot of fun....and next week has two special actors i'm excited to see!

You can watch all of season one on Syfy.com.

Anyone else gonna have C is for cookie stuck in their head all night long. lol.

I so wanted Leena to be evil!!!

mr_kennedy
July 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Good episode i guess H.G Wells is the big bad for season 2 huh? and she's a women :eek: :lol: the writers of this show really think outside the box dont they?

Its been so long since this show last aired i had to try and remember the characters names :o

You can watch all of season one on Syfy.com.

Im glad she's not i like Leena :)

DigiFluid
July 6th, 2010, 10:09 PM
JUST FOR JELLY: :p

I enjoyed it. Personally, I prefer my Warehouse 13 to be the more fun 'fluff' sort of episodes over the more dramatic arc stories, but this was a more than welcome opening to the season.

There were a few things I disliked, mainly centred on how the episode opened. I didn't really like how quickly and uneventfully most of the cliffhanger threads got resolved. Artie reforming from a cloud of dust, Claudia brought back into the fold with hardly any suspicion, Leena 'cured' with apparently no lasting impact whatsoever. And I'm thoroughly annoyed that they killed off MacPherson.

That said though there was plenty to enjoy as well. I loved Pete's philandering, as well as his uh....errant attempt to arrest H.G. Wells (the one that turned out to be an actor). I loved the Escher vault, and how Mrs. Frederick knows more about it than even Artie. And I really loved seeing H.G. Wells as a villainous woman, who may just have been introduced as a new recurring villain. I hope to see more of her.

Can't wait for next week :)

badwolfSG
July 6th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Good episode i guess H.G Wells is the big bad for season 2 huh? and she's a women :eek: :lol: the writers of this show really think outside the box dont they?

Its been so long since this show last aired i had to try and remember the characters names :o

Im glad she's not i like Leena :)

It's not that I don't like her, I just thought she played a very bad guy( girl.) Her being evil just made the storyline ever better!

Osiristi
July 7th, 2010, 01:43 AM
I told you it was the Phoenix!

And by the way, I disliked the newly-added sound effects in the title sequence.

Spimman
July 7th, 2010, 05:30 AM
I enjoyed it. Personally, I prefer my Warehouse 13 to be the more fun 'fluff' sort of episodes over the more dramatic arc stories, but this was a more than welcome opening to the season.

The good thing is, even in this episode, Pete had me cracking up laughing on so many occasions...I had forgotten how funny he is. The Tom Cruise comment was good and the Dr. Morrow impersonation...among other comments! :p

There were a few things I disliked, mainly centred on how the episode opened. I didn't really like how quickly and uneventfully most of the cliffhanger threads got resolved. Artie reforming from a cloud of dust, Claudia brought back into the fold with hardly any suspicion, Leena 'cured' with apparently no lasting impact whatsoever. And I'm thoroughly annoyed that they killed off MacPherson.

I will agree that some of the storylines were resolved a little quickly and even though Leena is cool, I kinda wanted her to be bad...but it wasn't a huge deal for me.

Mrs. Fredrick is packing some supernatural amo that we're just beginning to learn about I guess.
-Her turning the car around must have been a "Pete" like vibe
-Did she send Artie some kind of message while still unconscious?
-Her looking into Leena and seeing the evil thing/pearl took some kind of sight
-Remembering the vault password

I'm really excited to see where the HG Wells thing goes, all in all a great season opener!

Briangate78
July 7th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Excellent episode! I loved all the twists and turns. The ending was really shocking. I think we are in store for a great season!

mr_kennedy
July 7th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I told you it was the Phoenix!

And by the way, I disliked the newly-added sound effects in the title sequence.

Im glad they didnt just say it was by time travel or teleportation it was quite unique :)

And about the sound effects in the title sequence i hardly noticed

Excellent episode! I loved all the twists and turns. The ending was really shocking. I think we are in store for a great season!

dont you mean for another great season? :p

Homer 120
July 7th, 2010, 07:56 AM
AWSOME EPISODE! I knew Artie put the Phoenix on at the end of 'McPherson'! Which brings up another question, with the finale scene between Arite and McPherson, was McPherson actually bad? Loved the idea of H.G Wells being a woman, some favorute quotes below:

Myka: Do all your dates work out this way?
Pete: On a scall of one to ten I'm givin' this one a seven.

Leena: You tried to kill me
Mrs. Fredrick: Sorry about that.

Overall TERRIFIC start to the Season. Loved the scene at the end between Frederick and Artie, loved the fact that the vualt was Crazy Stairs LOL!

jelgate
July 7th, 2010, 08:13 AM
AWSOME EPISODE! I knew Artie put the Phoenix on at the end of 'McPherson'! Which brings up another question, with the finale scene between Arite and McPherson, was McPherson actually bad? Loved the idea of H.G Wells being a woman, some favorute quotes below:

Calling someone bad is such a 2D term. Its more of being corruptable and comiting crimes to further your own need. He was remorseful for what he did. Not uncommon for a dying man. But that doesn't make up for the people he killed or hurt.

LtColCarter
July 7th, 2010, 08:14 AM

I know...who knew? I liked that twist.

Courtam3
July 7th, 2010, 09:13 AM

Yes I kept singing and humming C is for Cookie... it was sad LOL

I too wanted Leena to be evil it would have been a cool twist.

Briangate78
July 7th, 2010, 10:00 AM
dont you mean for another great season? :p

Oh hell yeah!!! This show is becoming my favorite show.

Spimman
July 7th, 2010, 10:33 AM
AWESOME EPISODE! I knew Artie put the Phoenix on at the end of 'McPherson'!

I thought McPherson said he slipped it into Artie's pocket b/c he wanted him to live to see his plan unfold or something like that. :confused:

jelgate
July 7th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I thought McPherson said he slipped it into Artie's pocket b/c he wanted him to live to see his plan unfold or something like that. :confused:

He wanted Artie to see the pain he went through for using the Phoneix. But according to Artie he saw nothing but light. I saw an interesting theory that for a brief moment when using the Phoneix you see the afterlife

Spimman
July 7th, 2010, 11:42 AM
He wanted Artie to see the pain he went through for using the Phoneix. But according to Artie he saw nothing but light. I saw an interesting theory that for a brief moment when using the Phoneix you see the afterlife

So did Artie use the Phoenix on purpose or did McPherson slip it into his pocket?

Interesting theory, which makes sense, I was wondering exactly what they were talking about. I guess the implication is, McPherson has a dark soul when he first used the Phoenix and so he saw nothing/darkness, but Artie having a noble soul saw only light.

jelgate
July 7th, 2010, 11:49 AM
So did Artie use the Phoenix on purpose or did McPherson slip it into his pocket?

Interesting theory, which makes sense, I was wondering exactly what they were talking about. I guess the implication is, McPherson has a dark soul when he first used the Phoenix and so he saw nothing/darkness, but Artie having a noble soul saw only light.

McPherson slipped it to him. He probably didn't know he had it until they were in the "Warehouse tube".

Spimman
July 7th, 2010, 11:57 AM
That was the impression I got too.

Did HG Wells say Tesla was her apprentice? It happened so quick I was a little unsure, but that is what I thought I heard.

Osiristi
July 7th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Wells said, if I remember correctly, "I worked as an apprentice at the Warehouse 12".

mr_kennedy
July 7th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Maybe H.G Wells & Nikola Tesla were like the Peter and Mika of our time

the fifth man
July 7th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Really nice start to Season 2 IMO. I was thoroughly entertained for the hour, and loved the twist concerning H.G. Wells. I can't wait for more.:)

DSG1
July 7th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I found it lackluster. Very disappointed but I did like the H.G. Wells as a super villain so I hope they keep her.
Didn't like, how the killed MacPherson at all. Didn't like the overuse of the thimble. The story its self was very flat.
Not what we're used too or, I'm used.

Not as fast paced as MacPherson was or as funny. Too much Claudia whining. and I did not like how she treated Leena at the end. Im tired of whiny brats stereotypes and thats all Claudia is.

Too much Claudia period. Not enough Artie, he just appears using the Phoenix that James gave him and that
was it? The forced relationship between Artie & Claudia doesn't do it for me.

The only thing I'm happy about is Leena is still there but didn't like the Perl artifact thing, was stupid.

I felt like the acting was very flat, no humor, no banter except for Pete/Myka riding the zip line together,
there was very little of them being funny.

Jack Kenny should not be writing let him produce.

(MHO)

mr_kennedy
July 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
There wasnt that much Claudia i think we could have a bit more of her actually

Killdeer
July 7th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Very good episode! :D *bounces happily* I do agree that some of the plot threads got resolved a little quickly and conveniently. But overall I really enjoyed it, and the Escher vault was amazing! That was so cool! :D

I like H G Wells as a potential villain for this season, and I like it more that she's kind of ambiguous. We still don't know exactly why she was bronzed (and that's horrible - thinking of them being conscious for that :(). And I like that they involved Mrs Frederic and Leena more and I hope that continues.

Overall great start to the season! :)

The Collector
July 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Given the style of the show, it was under my impression that the storylines would get neatly wrapped up in this episode or next.

Either I'm good or just know TV but I kinda figured that HG Wells was going to be a woman. In fact I picked her out in the first shot with her. I still was pleasantly surprised.

The show was fluffy enough IMO. Some good caper stuff, but still very light mood. Had me smiling all the way through it.

A handful of things that bugged me though was:

The deus ex machina on Lena was sad. They didn't even try to cover it up. It was straight and blatant. I wish they would have resolved it better.

A couple Macpherson things... if the guy had awesome time to plot and plan... why didn't he know about the Goggles? I mean the writers gave him some straight near-omniscient skill. You would think that he would have known about them and devised a plan in order to procure them.

I didn't too much like the straight killing him off. It was a straight throw in and add on to the end of the episode. I would have rathered to have seen an HG sub-plot to sever herself of him. It was inevitable that she was going to do it. Just the persona the writers have given her dictates it.

Finally, I'm not one for "Dying man says great things on his deathbed" thing. This dude was a man with a plan and was entrenched in his beliefs. I would have liked to have seen a martyr/ sacrifice thing.

chocolate_muffin
July 8th, 2010, 02:59 AM
I enjoyed the episode very much.

Not as fast paced as MacPherson was or as funny. Too much Claudia whining. and I did not like how she treated Leena at the end. Im tired of whiny brats stereotypes and thats all Claudia is.

I agree. She was crue, childish and bratty.

Spimman
July 8th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I also didn't like the Claudia attitude, but ti didn't really bother me that much either. The thing is, Leena was forced to hurt people against her will, I see her as more of the victim that Claudia who was just framed a little bit.

DSG1
July 8th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I agree. She was crue, childish and bratty.

Exactly, enough with the spoiled brat routine.

I'm tired of the poor me with her as well.

That does not make me like the character any.
In fact, it makes hate her even more.

Spimman
July 8th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm somewhat indifferent towards her character. I love Pete and Myka and I really like Artie too. I like most of the other characters, but if some of them were changed up for some reason I would be ok with it.

That being said, she is kind of a punky child so we should expect her to be a little childish!

Jynjyr
July 9th, 2010, 09:23 AM
That was the impression I got too.

Did HG Wells say Tesla was her apprentice? It happened so quick I was a little unsure, but that is what I thought I heard.

Wells said, if I remember correctly, "I worked as an apprentice at the Warehouse 12".
Then she said that she met Tesla at the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. I forget the exact year. :(

I was hoping there would be a little more .... angsty time .... for Pete and Myka to think that Artie was gone.

Maybe you guys can tell me. When the heck did McNuttyPants put the Phoenix in Artie's pocket? I re-watched the S1 finale in minute detail and missed it. Was it shown on camera?

(( I said 1938. The right numbers in the wrong order. The joys of being numerically dyslexic. :( ))

jelgate
July 9th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Then she said that she met Tesla at the World's Fair in 1938?? I forget the exact year. :(

I was hoping there would be a little more .... angsty time .... for Pete and Myka to think that Artie was gone.

Maybe you guys can tell me. When the heck did McNuttyPants put the Phoenix in Artie's pocket? I re-watched the S1 finale in minute detail and missed it. Was it shown on camera?

It would have to be when they fought in the Warehouse office

Gate Ranger
July 9th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Excellent start to the season. Loved the fun banter on the Zip line between Pete and Myka. :D new evil bad girl, fun! :D for some reason the girls seem a little more evil. :P Can't wait for next week! :D:D:D:D:D

the fifth man
July 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Excellent start to the season. Loved the fun banter on the Zip line between Pete and Myka. :D new evil bad girl, fun! :D for some reason the girls seem a little more evil. :P Can't wait for next week! :D:D:D:D:D

When done well, definitely. They did Wells just right.

yessika
July 9th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I really enjoyed this episode, I can't think of a single thing I didn't like :)

It seems like it's going to be a great season :D

MIZA
July 9th, 2010, 08:39 PM
something i noticed , i kind of think even though there is an age difference , but that here is sexual tension between Artie and Claudia ?? i know but just seems that way oh and great episode

jelgate
July 9th, 2010, 09:03 PM
something i noticed , i kind of think even though there is an age difference , but that here is sexual tension between Artie and Claudia ?? i know but just seems that way oh and great episode

I've seen people who think that and it just grosses me out. I see nothing between those two

SunKrux
July 9th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I've seen people who think that and it just grosses me out. I see nothing between those two

I'm with you. What I see between them is a father/daughter relationship and nothing more.

Replicator Todd
July 9th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I'm with you. What I see between them is a father/daughter relationship and nothing more.

:indeed:

WingedPegasus
July 10th, 2010, 12:26 AM
:indeed:

Since I'm too late for seconding and thirding...fourthed. :P Although they might need to work on the whole "not bashing Artie in the head with a chair leg in a city alley" thing. :P

I thought it was a really fun episode. It was rather neat that they made H.G. Wells a woman. I wonder what she did to be bronzed, though? They only put the worst of the worst in there, after all. And she was missing from the records, too. Mystery....

mr_kennedy
July 10th, 2010, 12:38 AM

That makes 5 of us

MIZA
July 10th, 2010, 01:03 AM

ok, but Claudia is a tough chick she doesn't need a father, you do have a point, however it would bd very very interesting if that happened.

that is thing that make a show good, it takes an unexpected turn

jelgate
July 10th, 2010, 08:03 AM
ok, but Claudia is a tough chick she doesn't need a father, you do have a point, however it would bd very very interesting if that happened.

that is thing that make a show good, it takes an unexpected turnDoesn't need one maybe. But you ask any child who lost a parent or never really had one and they wish they had a father or mother regardless if you need one or not.

SunKrux
July 10th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Doesn't need one maybe. But you ask any child who lost a parent or never really had one and they wish they had a father or mother regardless if you need one or not.

Word. Or any child who's father was emotionally distant. They will all tell you that they wished they had someone to help guide them and give them the encouragement that we all need from our loved ones to succeed and feel good about ourselves.

I think it's a case of she didn't think she needed or wanted one, but deep down, she did because she lost hers so young and then Joshua disappeared for 12 years. Kids need structure and that's what parents (should be doing anyway) do, give kids structure. Kids will seek it out in any form then can find if they can't/don't get it at home.

aretood2
July 10th, 2010, 05:32 PM
That makes 5 of us
6 of us, thank you very much.

that is thing that make a show good, it takes an unexpected turn
She may seem tough, but I don't buy her tough facade. She may not need one, but she does seem to want one and has adopted Artie.

Word. Or any child who's father was emotionally distant. They will all tell you that they wished they had someone to help guide them and give them the encouragement that we all need from our loved ones to succeed and feel good about ourselves.

I think it's a case of she didn't think she needed or wanted one, but deep down, she did because she lost hers so young and then Joshua disappeared for 12 years. Kids need structure and that's what parents (should be doing anyway) do, give kids structure. Kids will seek it out in any form then can find if they can't/don't get it at home.
Yeah, what ^ said.

Killdeer
July 10th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Make that 7. I am very much NOT on the Artie/Claudia bandwagon, thank you. :S

jelgate
July 10th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Make that 7. I am very much NOT on the Artie/Claudia bandwagon, thank you. :S

I liked whoever mentioned the father/daughter relationship. Artier/Claudia is like a mentor/mentee relationship. Thier is a huge amount of trust and respect for one another but it ends at friendship with Claudia looking up to Artie a lot becase he knows so much more then her.

Killdeer
July 10th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I liked whoever mentioned the father/daughter relationship. Artier/Claudia is like a mentor/mentee relationship. Thier is a huge amount of trust and respect for one another but it ends at friendship with Claudia looking up to Artie a lot becase he knows so much more then her.

I agree completely.

Replicator Todd
July 10th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Doesn't need one maybe. But you ask any child who lost a parent or never really had one and they wish they had a father or mother regardless if you need one or not.

Indeed, I lost my dad, I know what it is like. ;)

the fifth man
July 10th, 2010, 05:54 PM

Very well put, my friend.

Jynjyr
July 11th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Artie/Claudia is strictly platonic. PLEASE!!! :eek: I just got interested in this show, THAT would drive me away, screaming.

SunKrux
July 11th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Artie/Claudia is strictly platonic. PLEASE!!! :eek: I just got interested in this show, THAT would drive me away, screaming.

Some people will see the father/daughter - mentor/mentee relationship in a romantic sense, just like some of us see it as it is portrayed on screen (father/daughter - mentor/mentee) by the writers, directors and actors. I say as long as those who see the "ship" aspect don't try to shove it down my throat, more power to them. I'm not shoving the way it's portrayed down their throats so hopefully they'll respect that.

Your mileage may vary.

Jynjyr
July 11th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I'm good with that. To each his/her own tastes. :D
If they were both 10 years older, I wouldn't have a problem with a romance. But, but ..... she may be 19 but she's still a kid in my eyes. Artie has shoes older than that. :)
If someone starts an Artie/Claudia ship thread, I'll just stay out of that one.
It's like slash in any fandom. Not my cup of tea but if someone likes it .... so it goes. Just don't try to convert me.
[/subject] :D

mr_kennedy
July 11th, 2010, 05:51 PM

Indeed, I lost my dad, I know what it is like. ;)

:indeed: happened to me 2, I guess thats why i see it like that Artie being like a father to Claudia

aretood2
July 11th, 2010, 08:15 PM
:indeed: happened to me 2, I guess thats why i see it like that Artie being like a father to Claudia

I still got mine, and I see him as a father myself. I love those kind of relationships though. They make me want to hug my dad....hold on...........okay I'm back :P

LtColCarter
July 12th, 2010, 06:26 AM

:lol:

I see it as a father/daughter thing or mentor/mentee thing. Nothing more.

AresLover452
July 13th, 2010, 10:39 PM
lmao!! i loved this episode. Especially Myka and Pete getting stuck to the ceiling of H.G Wells house. That was classic!!

Alder
July 21st, 2010, 01:10 PM
Just watched the first episode. So glad this show is back!

My favourite moment was probably when Artie and Claudia were making their way through the warehouse and Artie realised something was wrong...Claudia's sniff and horrified "Fudge!" made me chuckle... I do like a bit of continuity flung in on the way by like that. :D

Madwelshboy
July 21st, 2010, 01:15 PM
Great season premiere! Decent pacing, intersting plot, good character interactions, plus Pete & Myka finally have chemistry going for them. win-win!

Jynjyr
July 22nd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Just watched the first episode. So glad this show is back!

My favourite moment was probably when Artie and Claudia were making their way through the warehouse and Artie realised something was wrong...Claudia's sniff and horrified "Fudge!" made me chuckle... I do like a bit of continuity flung in on the way by like that. :D
Yep. The 'fudge' reference was classic. :)
Also Artie's "devil child" to Claudia when she references the 'few extra pounds' that he wants to lose.

aretood2
July 22nd, 2010, 06:59 PM
I didn't get the fudge comment >.>

SunKrux
July 22nd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Fudge is reference to one of the questions (you know that LONG list of questions) Artie gave Pete & Myka in the Pilot to help them establish if a person had been in contact with an artifact. Claudia just said "Fudge" when she and Artie were heading to the Escher Vault because MacNuttyPants had planted booby traps along the way using various artifacts in the Warehouse.

Angela V
July 26th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Awesome! So glad Canada's City TV decided to go right into season 2 after finally airing season 1! So won't be too far behind in episodes.

I just love this show. Got hubby hooked too. :D

I like that they made H.G. Wells a woman. Gives her badness a different twist. Was a bit surprised they'd kill off a baddie and present a new one like that.

Kyarra
July 28th, 2010, 05:44 PM
was anyone else surprised that we discovered that artie was alive so quickly? I assumed he was at least relatively ok, but i didn't think we would find out for sure so soon after the episode began.

LtColCarter
July 31st, 2010, 03:21 PM
was anyone else surprised that we discovered that artie was alive so quickly? I assumed he was at least relatively ok, but i didn't think we would find out for sure so soon after the episode began.

LOL...naw...didn't surprise me.

Pharaoh Atem
October 2nd, 2010, 08:02 PM
good riddance MacPherson and ouch on josh. overall good ep

9/10