Ashley Magnus (Season 2 Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashley Magnus (Season 2 Spoilers)

Ashley Magnus was one of my favorite characters. I don't mind that they killed her off in "End of Nights, Part 2." However, they had her try to teleport one of those abnormal super soldier things away with her while the shield was up. Firey poof, and they're gone. If they were going to kill her off and it be a permanent change to the show, then I feel like they would have had her die in Magnus's arms from a mortal injury or something dramatic like that. As it stands, poof, she's gone. That, to me, seems like they wanted to leave the door open to bring her back.

What do you think? Is Ashley dead, or do you think the writers wanted to leave her death ambiguous in case they decide that killing her off was a bad move? I'm asking what you think was intended, not so much what you personally want to see.

I look forward to your speculations.

From what I've heard from interviews and the like, killing off Ashley was something the writers didn't necessarily want to do, but had to do because of TPTB. I'm sure they would love to bring her back if they could think of a plausible way to do it.
    "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
    -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Ah, so the network wanted to change up the cast or felt the "Ashley" character wasn't working? Fair enough. What I'd like to see is Ashley return as a rogue abnormal with all of her super powers. Would she still be the Ashley everyone knew, or would she have grown up into a tough-as-nails woman trying to survive while protecting her fellow abnormals? I'd love to see her return as a recurring rogue character.

Comment

as I would love ashley to be brought back, I thought they did it in a great way. Because, they killed off "invible girl" in the arms of Will, the way they (TPTB) were framing the show Will was going to be her "love". So, killing them both off forces Will more into the Sanctuary. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyarra View Post
          From what I've heard from interviews and the like, killing off Ashley was something the writers didn't necessarily want to do, but had to do because of TPTB. I'm sure they would love to bring her back if they could think of a plausible way to do it.
          Couldn't say it better .... so want to write the same
          The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyarra View Post
            I agree i hope they do find away to bring Ash back i miss her
            sigpic
            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
              I agree i hope they do find away to bring Ash back i miss her
              Miss her too ...
              The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
              sigpic

Comment

I'm quite satisfied in the manner of Ashley's dispatch, but if they find a decent way to bring her back without lessening or cheapening the impact of her death, I'm all for it.

Plus you can always say she got thrown into another time/place/dimension/universe for fanfic purposes...
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                  I'm quite satisfied in the manner of Ashley's dispatch, but if they find a decent way to bring her back without lessening or cheapening the impact of her death, I'm all for it.

Plus you can always say she got thrown into another time/place/dimension/universe for fanfic purposes...
                  I think she is pretty much dead (but then it is SciFi). However, that doesn't mean they can't do a flashback show with her in it. Plus if the show gets into its 4th or 5th season and is really strong, there is no reason that the Sanctuary can't write whatever they want. Finding her by accident without any memory of who she is or what she can do....that would be a way to do it. And if her memory starts to come back doesn't mean she has to remember what totally happened to her. She now has a new life and only occasionally particiapates in the Sanctuary (2 or 3 eps a season). There is a million ways to do it. My only request....don't let it interfere with the Kate character. I've liked her character from the beginning and want her to stay on the show as well. No reason they can't have 3 female characters though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                    Me too. I think it was plenty dramatic. As for bringing her back, I think their best bet is to use her in flashbacks to Magnus' past. The thing I regret most about her death is we didn't get as much development of the mother-daughter relationship as I wanted to see.

Comment

Flashbacks and "returning with amnesia" have been done to death. Let's see something new or at least not overdone. I think the best return would be as a rogue, trying to find her own place in this world. She would still be the daughter of Hellen Magnus and John Druit, and she could still be an ally to the Sanctuary, but she wouldn't be working for them. Instead, she'd have her own goals and ambitions, but at the same time... providing a helping hand when available.

Comment

The reason I favor flashbacks is that I'm afraid her actually coming back would cheapen her death. With flashbacks appropriate to a given story, we'd learn more about her, Magnus and maybe the other Sanctuary residents.

Comment

I'm more interested in intriguing stories rather than flashback episodes that are effectively an hour of exposition. Most story flashbacks could easily be covered in dialogue, allowing more time to be dedicated to telling the story. So far, I’ve liked Sanctuary’s flashbacks as a quick look into Helen’s past when “The Five” came to be. Dedicating an entire episode to flashbacks is just overkill. A proper character resurrection doesn't cheap the death. She died to save her mother, or so we think. There's nothing cheap about that.

Comment

Yes, not a whole episode, but a piece of one that helps tell the current story.

Comment

Working...
                            X