This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the new Galactia feel ExoSquadish?

I just watched the new Galactica miniseries, and a couple eps of the new hourlong... and I can't help but feel that this new (and in my opinion, vastly superior) version of Battlestar Galactica seems to have some similarities with the early 90's animated series ExoSquad.

In ExoSquad, Humans now have expanded to more than one world in the solar system. They bred a new race called the NeoSapiens to do the hard work of manual labor and terraforming for them. The Neosapiens turned on the humans, but their insurrection was squashed. 50 years later, the Neosapiens start a new revolt, and launch a sneak attack on the Humans, and conquer Earth, Venus and Mars. Only one ship of the human military fleet escaped to continue battle against the Neos.

In this new Galactica, the Cylons are the creations of man instead of the lizard creature spawned cyborgs. They revolted 50 years ago, and their revolt was squashed. Now they returned in a sneak attack that destroyed all human military vessles but one.

It's like they took the original Galactica plot, merged it with a bit of Exosquad and Space: Above and Beyond.

Whatever they did... I like it.

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!
Working...
X