PDA

View Full Version : Our Ideas For Horizon

syfygyrl
July 2nd, 2010, 07:06 AM
Hey! I thought we could post our ideas for Horizon season 5 so Alex could have some feedback!

EvilSpaceAlien
July 2nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
How 'bout a musical episode? :P Just kidding! *looks at sig* Or am I..? :eek:

Elite Anubis Guard
July 3rd, 2010, 05:31 AM
Some deaths and whumping. :D

syfygyrl
July 3rd, 2010, 08:03 AM
I think it'd be cool if Teal'c came to visit (Still thinking up reason.) & he & Sivok got into a fight. I wonder who would win?

Alex Rubit
July 3rd, 2010, 08:42 PM
I think this is a great thread. I'm definitely curious to see what people would like to see happen. Also, another interesting discussion would be how you think the Season Four cliffhanger will be resolved. What could the season premiere possibly look like?

Regarding that musical episode, I don't think that will happen. However, there is an idea that I have that would make for a very unusual episode in both tone and style that I think has a good chance of becoming the 100th episode actually. This would be a pretty expensive episode to produce if we'd be shooting it, but not because of visual effects or battles, but for totally different reasons. I've had that idea for years actually, but it never really felt right to do it. And with this being the final season and the 100th episode coming up, I think now might just be the right time for this one. :)

Alex Rubit
July 9th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Let's see if we can keep a discussion going here. :)

I'm curious about what you guys think the 100th episode could be, or what you would like it to be? It will be episode 5.05, and as I mentioned above, there's an idea that I have that I think will make for an interesting and quite memorable episode. But what would you like to (or not like to) see for episode 100?

suncore
July 10th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Well, usually when it comes to 100th episodes, we the audience usually want something big to happen or something that hasn't be done before on the show. A musical episode can be just the thing. Or you could kill off a major character, someone important whose death will alter the other characters' dynamics forever. But if you don't want to do that, you could have a character or the show as a whole undergo an change that is irreversible tha ripples into the rest of the season.

So you've decided to make Season 5 the final season? That's great because it gives you the freedom to do a lot of things you wouldn't be able to do in any other season. I can't wait to read it.

Senku
July 11th, 2010, 12:12 AM
If not because FXs, then because the stars... stars with caché, of course? ;)

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
July 12th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I'm somewhat iffy with the 100th episode being a muscial with the way horizon is shaping it doesn't seem like it would fit. If you do it just make sure episode 101 you guys get back to business like sg-1 did with counterstrike after the silliness and wackiness of 200

Alex Rubit
July 12th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I'm somewhat iffy with the 100th episode being a muscial with the way horizon is shaping it doesn't seem like it would fit. If you do it just make sure episode 101 you guys get back to business like sg-1 did with counterstrike after the silliness and wackiness of 200

It's definitely not a musical, for exactly that reason. It wouldn't work to well with it being a virtual series.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
July 15th, 2010, 10:57 AM
It's definitely not a musical, for exactly that reason. It wouldn't work to well with it being a virtual series.

Well good but i'm sure with the 100th episode you going to do something big. Heck I wouldn't mind seeing a 100th episode clip show but with a plot like atlantis's "letters from Pegasus"

syfygyrl
July 16th, 2010, 07:11 AM
[QUOTE=suncore;11699018] Or you could kill off a major character, someone important whose death will alter the other characters' dynamics forever. [QUOTE]

That would kind of be cool but it seems to me we should be celebrating how long Horizon has gone on. By making people smile not cry. We could do it for the episode after though. :)

Although, if this is the last season of SGH, we don't want any major changes going on do we? Because they would take at least a couple more seasons to work out & it would detract from the whole "tightness" "24-like" thing Alex sounds like he wants to do.

Maybe Episode 100 could be a reflective episode. You know: the characters take a break & just think of how much they've accomplished over the years?
Or you could transport them to an alternate reality where they didn't do what they did in this timeline & are now suffering the consequences & suddenly it's like, "Well, maybe our situation isn't hopeless after all! Maybe we actually did something right!"

syfygyrl
July 16th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Hmm. I think the quote thingy messed up on my last post. Ahhh!

Elite Anubis Guard
July 18th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Or you could transport them to an alternate reality where they didn't do what they did in this timeline & are now suffering the consequences & suddenly it's like, "Well, maybe our situation isn't hopeless after all! Maybe we actually did something right!"

This is what I want. I've been hoping for something like this for ages!

Also, it could be interesting to have an episode in the past during the war. To see Sivok before the show, that kinda thing.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
July 18th, 2010, 04:09 PM
hey alex i was watching atlantis's prodigal the other day and i was thinking when Sheppard and Mikey are on top of the spire fighting hand to hand i was hoping you may do something like that with Grant and Sivok.

Elite Anubis Guard
July 19th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I really want to see a big brutal fight between them to. It's gotta kick off big style.

suncore
July 20th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I think an AU episode showing what could have been if a number of the events that occured in the show didn't happen as the 100th episode is a great idea. It could also be a great opportunity to bring back old familiar faces from the show's past, some alive and some dead. But have something important happen in the AU that has some kind of impact in the events of the following episodes.

syfygyrl
July 22nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
I really want to see a big brutal fight between them to. It's gotta kick off big style.

I heartily agree!

syfygyrl
July 22nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
Oh. Now it works!

syfygyrl
August 13th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I was thinking: Will Sivea & Grant's relationship really be developed in this season? Or will there not be enough time?

Alex Rubit
August 14th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I was thinking: Will Sivea & Grant's relationship really be developed in this season? Or will there not be enough time?

There'll be time. That relationship will actually be a big part of the season.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
August 15th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Have you guys figured out a release date for season 5?

Alex Rubit
August 16th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Have you guys figured out a release date for season 5?

We haven't settled on a specific date just yet, but there will be a more detailed announcement coming up pretty soon actually.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
September 18th, 2010, 05:21 PM
So Alex how's season 5 going?

Alex Rubit
September 19th, 2010, 08:46 PM
So Alex how's season 5 going?

We're working on it. Colin's been pretty busy with the first few episodes. As of right now, the season starts off with what is really a four episode arc, and then 5.05 is of course the 100th episode. We've mapped out what the season will be in great detail, more than we've ever done before actually. So we know exactly where we're going, what we want to do with each of the characters, and how a lot of the major storylines will play out.

These past few weeks I've been pretty busy with some other projects. It's official now, I'm moving to LA on February 1 next year, and I want to have as many scripts ready to show to agents and managers as I can. I finished the first draft of a pilot just on Friday actually, so that's taking up my main time (which I think is understandable). But I'll also be writing at least two or three SGH episodes over the next few weeks. It's still just Colin and myself right now, so things are moving slow, but they are moving.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
September 20th, 2010, 02:46 PM
How many episodes will Season 5 have? And great news about moving to LA.

Alex Rubit
September 23rd, 2010, 02:38 PM
It will be either 20 or 22 episodes.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
September 23rd, 2010, 06:49 PM
It will be either 20 or 22 episodes.

Pretty short season if you did 20.

Alex Rubit
September 24th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Pretty short season if you did 20.

It sure doesn't seem short from where I'm sitting. :)

suqata
September 24th, 2010, 10:29 AM

This is what I am looking forward to, hopefully it is early in the season and it builds from there.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 4th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Indeed. I think one of the thing that needs to be done is to see their relationship move somewhat significantly.

Vexacus
October 6th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I think Horizon should do what SG-1 did and do a series of Direct-To-DVD movies. We could tell the stories we wanted to tell during the series but bigger

syfygyrl
October 8th, 2010, 06:37 AM
This is what I am looking forward to, hopefully it is early in the season and it builds from there.

It would be a shame to end SGH without moving forward in the relationship; however we don't want it to just suddenly...um...grow? Does that make any sense? It seems wrong to drag it out for several seasons & then suddenly BOOM they're together.

Which is why I like Vexacus's idea. If they had a movie set in the future where Grant & Sivea's son (Or daughter.) has to save Horizon that would be cool.

syfygyrl
October 8th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Oh yes. Congrats on your move to LA, Alex. I'm sure we are ALL very happy for you & wish you luck.

Vexacus
October 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM
It would be a shame to end SGH without moving forward in the relationship; however we don't want it to just suddenly...um...grow? Does that make any sense? It seems wrong to drag it out for several seasons & then suddenly BOOM they're together.

Which is why I like Vexacus's idea. If they had a movie set in the future where Grant & Sivea's son (Or daughter.) has to save Horizon that would be cool.

Glad you like the idea. Though like Continuum we'd need the reset button to be included

syfygyrl
October 8th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Glad you like the idea. Though like Continuum we'd need the reset button to be included

(*brainstorming*) Or Alex could use the movie as a transition into a NEW series set on Horizon in the future!

Vexacus
October 8th, 2010, 02:29 PM
(*brainstorming*) Or Alex could use the movie as a transition into a NEW series set on Horizon in the future!

Now that is a great idea. Like TNG was set 70+years after TOS

syfygyrl
October 8th, 2010, 03:22 PM
And, on top of that, it would give us a chance to see what happened to our fave characters after the show ended. (*meditative pose*) I am brilliant. :D JK.

Vexacus
October 9th, 2010, 03:31 AM
And, on top of that, it would give us a chance to see what happened to our fave characters after the show ended. (*meditative pose*) I am brilliant. :D JK.

Yeah, that is a good idea. Though it might be a good idea not to reveal that in the first episode. Like TNG, it was not mentioned when it was set or what happend to the TOS crew right away, we learned that over the course of the series. We should do the same for the Horizon spin-off Movie and follow-up series

syfygyrl
October 9th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Yeah, that is a good idea. Though it might be a good idea not to reveal that in the first episode. Like TNG, it was not mentioned when it was set or what happend to the TOS crew right away, we learned that over the course of the series. We should do the same for the Horizon spin-off Movie and follow-up series

Yeah, keep 'em coming back for more! So, Alex. What dost though think?

suncore
October 9th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I think a Direct to DVD movie for SH is a bad idea. Ark of Truth and Continuum weren't really great in my opinion and resolve very little of the show's story other than the Ori threat. I think the story of SH should be wrapped up within the show and nothing beyond it.

And on the subject of Sivea and Grant, maybe you guys can have them hook up in the 100th episode and use the first four episodes to build up to that moment so it wouldn't be out of the blue. If not the 100th episode, then late in the season so we can at least savor them as a couple before the end of the series. Most of the time, I hate shows that wait until the final episode or near the end of the series to have the characters hook up and not give us more time on their new relationship that we have been waiting to happen for some time.

Elite Anubis Guard
October 12th, 2010, 03:41 AM
I think since SGH is a virtual show, episode length isn't really an issue. Their only limitations are imaginations and the story they want to tell.

That said, I wouldn't say no to potential virtual movies after the series is done. Random one-offs could be fun :D

syfygyrl
October 12th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I hate shows that wait until the final episode or near the end of the series to have the characters hook up and not give us more time on their new relationship that we have been waiting to happen for some time.

Yup, it's just plain wrong.

Vexacus
November 23rd, 2010, 03:42 AM
What about a "Reset Button" episode? If it is done properly, it could be SGH's version of the Voyager episodes "Year Of Hell" but markedly better. I have other ideas as I;m eager to get writing again

syfygyrl
November 24th, 2010, 06:51 AM
What about a "Reset Button" episode? If it is done properly, it could be SGH's version of the Voyager episodes "Year Of Hell" but markedly better. I have other ideas as I;m eager to get writing again

That actually sounds interesting. I really liked that episode from Voyager......... ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
November 26th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I still want an AU (I know we got Omen but I'd like one more akin to There But For The Grace of God) or time travel episode for SGH.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
November 28th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Well there was Seeds of time that was a Time travel episode.

cheese
February 10th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I think an AU or another time travel episode would be great, like everything it's just a matter of hitting the right idea.