Tech on Destiny ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech on Destiny ?

What do we know about tech on Destiny i mean what have we discovered from SGU ?
    I also have some questions, does Destiny have drones?If Destiny have drones are they controlled from chair? I sow that chair but i am not sure what it does and who can control that chair? Just Ancients or also humans whit ATA gene? If humans can't why they can't?
    And what do you think what is Destiny mission?

P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes i am not very good in writing.

Well. We discovered an older version of the stargate. Probably the first one, with lots of limitations when it's about connecting to distant gates.
    We have discovered the existance of a 9th chrevon and the FTL drive and system.
    We have discovered the drones, used for fixing the ship.
    Not a lot of tech has been discovered yet. I believe the best is yet to come.
    -
    No, I don't think Destiny has drones. I think the technology involved on the Destiny is much more ancient than the technology envolved in the drones.
    If it does have drones, it must be the chair they have been using that controls them. About the ATA gene, I don't think it's required. At this point, I believe the only genes required, work as the password for the ship, and are the ones from Human nature itself. The ATA gene was introduced long after the building of Destiny, in the war against the Wraith.
    -
    About Destiny's mission, I believe it is related to the discovery of something fantastic. Or maybe reaching the end of the Universe, I really have no idea, but I'm eager to find out.

Comment

No it doesn't have drones, they started experimenting with drones in the Pegasus Galaxy with mini-drones (SGA Harmony) and then after they finally came up with their perfect weapon they integrated into all of their ships, cities, and outposts.

Comment

We also know that Destiny has lots of weapons on the ship, including a very nice main weapon at the underside of the ship.

The ship also has shields capable of keeping in the atmosphere on a hull breach, protect from weapons fire, block very strong radiation, not to mention withstand the incredible heat from the corona of a sun and gravitational distortions.

Lastly we also know that Destiny has a advanced computer system, its programming has flaws (not running away when enemies are firing on it), but its apparantly robust enough to keep the ship intact for hundreds of thousands of years.

Not to mention that its powered by the suns in the universe, collecting solar mass and storing it for fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by General Luka of Earth View Post
          What do we know about tech on Destiny i mean what have we discovered from SGU ?
          I also have some questions, does Destiny have drones?If Destiny have drones are they controlled from chair? I sow that chair but i am not sure what it does and who can control that chair? Just Ancients or also humans whit ATA gene? If humans can't why they can't?
          And what do you think what is Destiny mission?

P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes i am not very good in writing.
          Hi,
          The Tech on Destiny is older than that of Atlantis but we dont know exactly how much older
          The Destiny does not have drones
          Their is an ancient control chair but we have not been able to access it in the same way as more modern chairs
          the ATA gene was developed by the Ancients whilst fighting the Wraith, this is a much newer technology and is not on Destiny which is much older tech.
          Destinys initial mission is to visit the planets seeded by seeder ships, however given a recent interview with the shows writers there may be more than meets the eye

Comment

Thanks all of you,
            star gates are putted there by this seeder ships, right? Is there any chance of Destiny reaching those ships with crow on it because that would be interesting.

Comment

Thanks all of you,
              and i have one more question who put star gates in Destiny path, seeder ships or who?And where are those ships now?

Comment

SGU tech: older stargate, solar power, shield that keeps a hell of a lot out, automated defense system, ability to assess the needs of the crew and give them what they need, kinos, the repair robot, the possibility of some sort of AI, and that chair! I'm probably missing quite a bit, but that's right off the top of my head
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                  SGU tech: older stargate, solar power, shield that keeps a hell of a lot out, automated defense system, ability to assess the needs of the crew and give them what they need, kinos, the repair robot, the possibility of some sort of AI, and that chair! I'm probably missing quite a bit, but that's right off the top of my head
                  Aye the robot, is similar to a droid from star wars in a way. same sort of function apart from it doesnt talk back
                  Kino's are the ancient version of a malp I would summise.

Comment

Thank all,
                    but who putted those star gates in Destiny's path, some Ancients ships, but where are they now?

Comment

Thank all,
                      but who putted those star gates in Destiny's path, some Ancients ships, but where are they now?
                      In Air we were told that seeder ships were sent out in advance to seed the galaxies with stargates, we do not know how long after the Destny was launched but I think there was mention of seeder ships transmitting back data, although the data rush mentioned was false data it does not mean the seeder ships are not still out there and transmitting information on what they have seeded still.

I dont think we will catch up to active ships as they would possibly be too far ahead, I think we are more likely to run into a ship which is out of ga so to speak or damaged, maybe even damaged by an alien attack perhaps, so I think we could see a Seeder ship just not one activly seeding gates

Comment

It would be interesting to have Destiny jump out of FTL due to the Seeder ships being broken and the team having to fix them...

Comment

Originally posted by RCOO View Post
                          It would be interesting to have Destiny jump out of FTL due to the Seeder ships being broken and the team having to fix them...
                          Yeah thats one of the main idea's I was thinking of in relation to use ever see'ing one of them, Seeder ship broken and adrift with a hostile alien race hibernating inside perhaps

Comment

Imagine that they find Seeder ships making new star gates with Ancients on it, that would be interesting

Comment

Imagine that they find Seeder ships making new star gates with Ancients on it, that would be interesting
                              I had a similar idea but not a living Ancient technically but an Ancient AI servicing the ship, im talking a holographic ancient who due to whatever reason was able to interface his mind with a ship for whatever reason and subsiquently living forever in the ships computer, I do wonder if we will ever see an Ancient out there it is likely that we could come across a colony at some stage

Comment

Working...
                              X