PDA

View Full Version : Altivia's Plans (don't read if you've not seen S2 finale)

LtColCarter
July 1st, 2010, 10:34 AM
Since we've all seen the season 2 finale...we know that Altivia (Olivia from "over there") switched places with Olivia (from over here). I wonder what you guys think Altivia's plans are? Why do you think she came over to our reality? This is all done in speculation, of course. Unless you have some inside news! ;)

I'm egar to see what you guys think!

the fifth man
July 1st, 2010, 06:29 PM
IMO, she plans to help out "her" side by gaining as much intelligence as she can on "our" side. She may even try and undermine things as much as possible over here.

LtColCarter
July 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM
IMO, she plans to help out "her" side by gaining as much intelligence as she can on "our" side. She may even try and undermine things as much as possible over here.

This is true. I just wonder if Walternate sent Altivia here with a specific agenda?

the fifth man
July 5th, 2010, 06:13 PM
This is true. I just wonder if Walternate sent Altivia here with a specific agenda?

It wouldn't surprise me if he did.

mr_kennedy
July 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Im abit confused about when the switch took place actually

LtColCarter
July 15th, 2010, 06:28 AM

We didn't actually see the switch happen. All we do know is that Olivia changed her hair to match Altivia's. Then at the end we see Olivia is still "over there" with Walternate, and Altivia is "over here." Maybe they'll explain when the switch happened when the 3rd season comes on...

mr_kennedy
July 15th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Lets hope so, it was a wee bit confusing

LtColCarter
July 15th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Lets hope so, it was a wee bit confusing

Yes, that it was! When I saw it I was like...OMGWTFBBQ!!! Olivia is still "over there!"

mr_kennedy
July 15th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Yes, that it was! When I saw it I was like...OMGWTFBBQ!!! Olivia is still "over there!"

At first i was even abit confused at which Olivia kissed Peter :lol:

LtColCarter
July 15th, 2010, 07:15 AM
At first i was even abit confused at which Olivia kissed Peter :lol:

Yes...I can see why you would be!

the fifth man
July 15th, 2010, 08:33 PM

IMO, it was shortly after Bell passed out toward the end of the episode. I think they overwhelmed Olivia, or just got the drop on her, and they switched her before William woke up.

LtColCarter
July 16th, 2010, 08:08 AM
IMO, it was shortly after Bell passed out toward the end of the episode. I think they overwhelmed Olivia, or just got the drop on her, and they switched her before William woke up.

Sounds logical to me! :)

knowles2
July 23rd, 2010, 09:21 AM
Of cause she will eventually reliese that we are the good guys an her defence secretary has been running his one little private war between the universes for years an must be stopped.

the fifth man
July 23rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Of cause she will eventually reliese that we are the good guys an her defence secretary has been running his one little private war between the universes for years an must be stopped.

Maybe, maybe not. Anything is possible, which is great.

Amaunet
July 28th, 2010, 04:00 AM

Actually, two of the people I live with watch it. One didn't even realised they switched and the other like you didn't know when they switched.

the fifth man
July 28th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Actually, two of the people I live with watch it. One didn't even realised they switched and the other like you didn't know when they switched.

Once I knew it happened, I had a pretty good idea when it happened.

LtColCarter
July 31st, 2010, 02:16 PM

Oh...I knew it happened...and I agree with Fifth as to when it happened.

the fifth man
July 31st, 2010, 09:15 PM
I am sure we will find out for sure at some point this season.

Amaunet
August 1st, 2010, 06:59 AM
Although the whole 'switch' was a little cliche, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I'm really looking forward to exploring aspects of the other side and why Bolivia made the switch. It's not like she can convince Peter to go back again...

the fifth man
August 1st, 2010, 05:36 PM
Although the whole 'switch' was a little cliche, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I'm really looking forward to exploring aspects of the other side and why Bolivia made the switch. It's not like she can convince Peter to go back again...

She can gain intel though, and maybe even cause a little trouble.

jmm
August 10th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I suspect she'll try to cause major trouble and will succeed (at least partially), and Peter won't be able to stop her in time (He'll figure things out, but too late). The rest of the season will be:
a) Getting Olivia back and
b) Dealing with the damage caused by Altivia (which somehow will allow Olivia to return over here)

Nearly at the end of the season a confrontation between the Walters will trigger another alternate dimension to break into Over-There and Over-Here, and to avoid the end of the worlds/dimensions they will work together. At the end Walternate will betray Walter though.

the fifth man
August 11th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I suspect she'll try to cause major trouble and will succeed (at least partially), and Peter won't be able to stop her in time (He'll figure things out, but too late). The rest of the season will be:
b) Dealing with the damage caused by Altivia (which somehow will allow Olivia to return over here)

Nearly at the end of the season a confrontation between the Walters will trigger another alternate dimension to break into Over-There and Over-Here, and to avoid the end of the worlds/dimensions they will work together. At the end Walternate will betray Walter though.

Well, you have definitely thought things out.:)

LtColCarter
August 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM

Wow...interesting theory!

LtColCarter
October 5th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I wonder if Altivia is, some how, trying to build that weapon that Peter saw "over there" last season?

the fifth man
October 5th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I wonder if Altivia is, some how, trying to build that weapon that Peter saw "over there" last season?

On our side, you mean? No, I don't think so. I just think Walternate wants Peter to still be involved with it. You know, to work with, and figure out pieces they don't have. Then, if he can ever get Peter back to his side, maybe he can still persuade or force him to use the weapon.

LtColCarter
October 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM
On our side, you mean? No, I don't think so. I just think Walternate wants Peter to still be involved with it. You know, to work with, and figure out pieces they don't have. Then, if he can ever get Peter back to his side, maybe he can still persuade or force him to use the weapon.

Good theory...I guess we'll just have to wait to see exactly what Altivia does over here.

the fifth man
October 6th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Good theory...I guess we'll just have to wait to see exactly what Altivia does over here.

Yeah, I can't wait until she is found out. She might end up in a world of hurt.

LtColCarter
October 7th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I can't wait until she is found out. She might end up in a world of hurt.

I know right! Maybe she'll be found out tonight! :D

the fifth man
October 7th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I know right! Maybe she'll be found out tonight! :D

Maybe next week, from the look of the preview.

LtColCarter
November 2nd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Well, Altivia is still avoiding detection...how much longer do you think that will last?

Huaracocha
November 14th, 2010, 10:40 AM
They've handled secret / false identities very well in this series including 'Altivia' but I kind of wish it hadn't happened. It's just a pet peeve but for some reason I find it quite irritating when central characters have a secret identity or agenda that the viewer knows about and those around them don't. I have no idea why this annoys me but I guess it's a sign of being sucked into a show and it certainly keeps me watching in the hopes of everything being exposed and corrected.

LtColCarter
November 14th, 2010, 12:32 PM
They've handled secret / false identities very well in this series including 'Altivia' but I kind of wish it hadn't happened. It's just a pet peeve but for some reason I find it quite irritating when central characters have a secret identity or agenda that the viewer knows about and those around them don't. I have no idea why this annoys me but I guess it's a sign of being sucked into a show and it certainly keeps me watching in the hopes of everything being exposed and corrected.

Based on previews...I think things will start to be corrected this week. :)