Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body part caught in wraith dart beam,what would happen ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body part caught in wraith dart beam,what would happen ?

Yeah i've been wondering this. What would happen if a part of your body not all of you say for example,dive out the way of the Wraith darts beam and only your foot gets caught in the beam.

Would only your foot be sucked up or would the whole person be sucked up into the beam.
    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

I don't think anything would happen. My guess is it's all or nothing.

Comment

i would hope it's all or nothing but there's nothing in canon that really answers this question
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        i would hope it's all or nothing but there's nothing in canon that really answers this question
        I've always wondered why the darts didn't suck up grass when they tried to beam someone out

That's why I think it's all or nothing. The object has to be "loose?" or movable to be transported, or else it won't be transported. Obviously, this is silly... but it's all I have to go on.

Comment

The "food" needs to be alive or else it's useless to the Wraith. They have no need for body parts or the dead (or other random junk like grass and rocks, or other animals). I imagine that they built safeguards to prevent transporter accidents. So far we haven't seen anything go wrong so they must know what they're doing.

In Duet we saw the contents of the buffer displayed as biosigns so my theory is that in "culling mode" it establishes a lock on any organism detected that broadcasts specific lifesign data (living human/ancient) and of sufficient intensity.

If the signal strength is too low it doesn't trip the detector or it realizes that it only found an arm or a leg and either doesn't transport it or adjusts the aim/radius of the culling beam slightly to get the complete object.
          Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Very interesting...yet disturbing thread...
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry about it being disturbing.
              GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Originally posted by McgillionFan View Post
                Sorry about it being disturbing.
                Meh. This is nothing. I've seen some pretty gross things on this forum.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its designed to only beam up the entire body. Otherwise it would beam up grass, branches, leaves, soil, etc. We only see it ever beam living people that are useful to the Wraith for feeding on.
                  sigpic

Comment

It could be very painful
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      It could be very painful
                      And some body parts would be more painful than others!
                      sigpic

Comment

Probably nothing, like you can stick your hand into a gate and nothing happens till the rest of you goes through
                        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I think the body part will be severed.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                            Probably nothing, like you can stick your hand into a gate and nothing happens till the rest of you goes through
                            Guess we will never know...unless they explore this in a SGA movie
                            Last edited by LtColCarter; 15 July 2010, 07:32 AM. Reason: Grammar Police told me to! ;)
                            sigpic

Comment

So why beam up clothes and such? Those are pretty useless to the wraith too..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X