Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel creates Marvel Television

Marvel creates Marvel Television; Loeb to head division

Marvel Entertainment has created a small-screen division, Marvel Television, and named Eisner-winning comic and TV writer Jeph Loeb as its head.

Loeb, who most recently worked as a co-exec producer of NBC’s “Heroes,” will oversee the translation of Marvel’s popular characters and stories to the television medium, in both live-action and animation formats. Loeb will also oversee the development and distribution of live-action, animated and direct-to-DVD series. Loeb will work with Dan Buckly, Marvel’s publisher and president of print, animation and digital division on the TV projects.

Loeb has written comics for both DC and Marvel, working on their signature heroes. He won Eisners for “Batman: The Long Halloween” and “Batman/The Spirit” and his “Superman for All Seasons” was nominated for two. On the TV side, he worked in various producer and writer capacities on “Lost” and “Smallville.” He acted as an exec producer on “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Animated Series.”

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/0...medium=twitter

Hmm....
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't know how I feel about this, I just hope it turns out well
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Hmm....
        Thats all there is to say about it really, well atm anyway
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Jeph Loeb Talks About Marvel TV

Newsarama.com has been one of the first sites to catch up with Marvel Entertainment’s new “Head of Television,” Jeph Loeb, and in a fantastic interview, Loeb tells them a bit about what his new position will bring in the ongoing relationship between Marvel, its owners in Disney, and their many networks, including ABC, ABC Family, Disney XD, and such.

The exciting part to us, of course, are the bits about television. Here’s some of what Loeb had to say: “Dan Buckley (President and Publisher at Marvel) had to been talking to me about television in general, because of my past experience working on shows like Buffy Animated, Smallville, Lost and Heroes. It really became a matter of timing. Marvel has done such an amazing job in the feature division with its movies, that when it came time to explore television, they wanted to do it carefully and selectively. They offered me this amazing opportunity with this new division to work with the Disney networks to bring the Marvel catalog to the television screen.”

Specifically he discussed Marvel’s new television division: “And then there’s a brand new division that we’ll do with live action, where we’re working in partnership with ABC and ABC Family to find the right properties, the right characters and develop them. To start, we will be exploring the one-hour drama field similar to the shows that I mentioned that I’ve worked on, like Smallvillle and Lost.”

continues:
          http://www.avengersite.com/jeph-loeb...bout-marvel-tv

Comment

I think it's an interesting time for Marvel TV to perhaps develop a their own version of a Smallvillesque show. That said, I'm not sure it will work.

I think they'd better luck doing miniseries type movies like the recent Phantom release. One or two 90 minute episodes, and then if there is any success, make a series. Right now they are optioning and rebooting almost everything for movies.

sigpic

Comment

Marvel TV? Hex yeah.

Comment

I know Loeb has been a doing Marvel stuff for a good 4 years (and many more before his last DC stint), but I'm still saddened for the DCU. This Marvel TV gig is probably going to keep him over there for the forseeable future, and his touch will be sorely missed.

Good luck to Marvel on this. Sounds risky.

Comment

Jeph Loeb Talks Briefly About Marvel's Live Action TV Plans!

Here's what he had to say directly from Newsarama's live feed covering the panel, which is currently ongoing at this years San Diego Comic Con!

Chance of a live-action drama for Marvel? Loeb says that he can't speak on that now, but they're talking about things with their partners at ABC and ABC Family. He brought up the example of Marvel Studios, about how it took a while, but they made Iron Man, did that well, and now they've grown to make Thor and Captain America in one year.

"We won't to do things just as slowly," Loeb says, saying their audience "doesn't want to see another crap television show. We want to make sure we get it right, and with the right people. It may be slower, and it may be frustrating, but we are listening."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=20415

Comment

'Hulk' returns to ABC

Marvel Studios and ABC have teamed up to produce a new Hulk television show. The project is in the early stages of development, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Previously, a popular Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno-starring Hulk ran between 1978 and 1982.

The Jeph Loeb-headed division Marvel Television is also reportedly working on a Cloak and Dagger show. A list of other potential television adaptations includes Heroes for Hire, The Eternals and Moon Knight.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...ns-to-abc.html

Comment

Working...
                    X