This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe MGM

I can't believe MGM in that the whole reason that Stargate Atlantis was canceled was they believed that it would be ok to cancel it while the TV series is HOT and so therefore you could create a movie with no problems. Now I have heard from multiple sources that the movies are DEAD, will not happen, will hear the final word on them by the end of this year, will happen once MGM's status is finalized or under new management. Is there no way to get an official word even from the creators Wright, Cooper, etc.

Unless you know some positive News.......

Yada yada yada

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
    [B]Now I have heard from multiple sources that the movies are DEAD, will not happen:
    Go find other sources

Comment

they cancelled it because they felt it would be better for the books to end while it's still somewhat good, as opposed to the old "cancelled because of ratings" because it leaves a negative taste.

the movies are put on hold and will happen, at some point at some time, when MGM decides the market is sufficient for such a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        they cancelled it because they felt it would be better for the books to end while it's still somewhat good, as opposed to the old "cancelled because of ratings" because it leaves a negative taste.

the movies are put on hold and will happen, at some point at some time, when MGM decides the market is sufficient for such a movie.
        What books?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Once MGM is out of their financial hole, you will hear more. Although at this point, I wouldn't get my hopes up about the movie. The actors have careers to pursue, and won't just be waiting around for this to happen (if and when it does). Just look at Jason Momoa.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          What books?
          I'm assuming he meant the accounting books, and the numbers looking better when the show is near the top.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
            I can't believe MGM in that the whole reason that Stargate Atlantis was canceled was they believed that it would be ok to cancel it while the TV series is HOT and so therefore you could create a movie with no problems. Now I have heard from multiple sources that the movies are DEAD, will not happen, will hear the final word on them by the end of this year, will happen once MGM's status is finalized or under new management. Is there no way to get an official word even from the creators Wright, Cooper, etc.

Unless you know some positive News.......

And my source..(Producer Joseph Mallozzi) says both movies are still alive.. and that the SG-1 movie will happen, its just a matter of time... Me thinks yousa needsa better sources.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X