Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is TJ ?

Hi All,

Now, at the end of the first season it occured to me that we don't really know much about TJ. No memories of her were shown. Not even once did she visit Earth. And I am wondering if this maybe is no neglect or coincidence but maybe purpose on the side of TPTB. I mean, maybe TJ isn't what she seems to be. And I thought this is the time for speculation. Until hopefully we learn the truth about TJ next season.

So what do we know? We know she is not only a pacifist and likes to help others survive but even does not want someone else to sacrifice their lives for her. She seems to have family (a sister with two kids, parents - her father is a tailor, did someone else think it an odd story about her father stitching his own hand's cut?) but never saw we her sending a message to them. She seems to be loyal to Joung but also has some influence on him. She *really* doesn't want her child to be born and grow on a ship - again an odd problem considering how cool she sees it otherwise - as if she knew the drawbacks first hand. She is quite self assured and composed and seemed to be the only one (besides Rush) not depressed by the idea to stay on the Destiny for some time (except for her baby). She keeps quite cool in the face of surprise encounter of an alien species that looks like fog that might be sentient. She thinks a structured leadership is important and isn't one to play games of intrigue. Did I forget something?

Okay, what if she was an alien? I mean, obviously she must be human as she is genetically compatible to Joung but maybe she is not of Earth. She could be a descended Ancient for example. Or descended Ori? - Just kidding. Or a Nox? Or of some space traveling species that might now live on Earth uninvited and unknown?

Anyone else interested in running and discussing some wild speculations while we wait for the second season?

I have to agree that we really don't know much about her. And given that the other main characters have gotten some level of backstory to some degree. I would have thought TJ would have too.

All we really know is that she wanted to go to medschool. And that she had an affair with Young that resulted in her being pregnant with his child.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
      I have to agree that we really don't know much about her. And given that the other main characters have gotten some level of backstory to some degree. I would have thought TJ would have too.

All we really know is that she wanted to go to medschool. And that she had an affair with Young that resulted in her being pregnant with his child.
      we haven't learned much more than snips about either TJ or Young so I'm really hoping the next season that we learn more

...I don;t think TJ is an alien
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

What made you think that she's a pacifist? She's in the Air Force and joining a military organisation seems to be an odd thing for a pacifist to do. From Divided:

JOHANSEN (standing up): Not once you took this ship. That made it war, and that's what we do.

Comment

If she is in alien, can she be a Furling? Please?

Comment

her bad story was some what delt with in 'time'
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post

...I don;t think TJ is an alien
              Well, I do not think she is an alien, either, not seriously anyway, but she is a candidate. I mean, both other Stargate series had an alien in the main team almost from the beginning, why not SGU? No Jafa, no Tok Ra, no Asgard, no nothing from any of Earths allies. I guess we can exclude Eli and Young and Rush and Chloe and some others we know the backstory of. So TJ is still a candidate ...

With her love of plants and wildlife wouldn't she make a good Nox ???

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                What made you think that she's a pacifist? She's in the Air Force and joining a military organisation seems to be an odd thing for a pacifist to do. From Divided:
                You are right. Pacifist is too strong a word. But she IS against killing, even when it places herself and others in serious danger as we saw in the last two eps. I mean, what was wrong with Young's plan? It was strategic, had O'Neill's go ahead and they could have tried to revive some of them, even. But she disagreed with it on the basis that some humans would not survive it. Even though it was war.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
                  If she is in alien, can she be a Furling? Please?
                  Now, THAT is an interesting idea. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Freawaru View Post
                    You are right. Pacifist is too strong a word. But she IS against killing, even when it places herself and others in serious danger as we saw in the last two eps. I mean, what was wrong with Young's plan? It was strategic, had O'Neill's go ahead and they could have tried to revive some of them, even. But she disagreed with it on the basis that some humans would not survive it. Even though it was war.
                    We don't know that. All we saw was her being unhappy and refusing to give Young her blessing.

JOHANSEN: Kill them all, you mean?

YOUNG: You think I have a choice?

JOHANSEN: If you're asking for forgiveness, I can't help you there either.

Comment

No I do not think TJ is an alien. Enough of her background has been given to eliminate that possibility. Besides, are not SGC personnel all tested for the Ancient gene these days? Even if she wasn't tested, her military medical examinations however would require blood tests. Her blood tests would show anomalies if she was from another planet. Being human does not mean you'll pass for a Earth human under a microscope. Your environment is a part of you too. Remember that old saying "What you are is what you eat?"

If anyone is an descended Ascended it would be...

Spoiler:
                      Rush.

But that's for another thread.

As for her father stitching his own hand, that would not be uncommon for tailors really. A lot of them throughout the centuries did their own medical care for such accidents. I mean really, a cut only requires cleaning such antiseptic and if you know how to stitch, you can suture it on your own (after disinfecting the thread and needle of course).

One time my dogs had broken their water bowl while it was still in my hand and I had a nasty, deep cut on my thumb. Rather than waste a hundred or more dollars on an ER visit I simply cleaned it out, stitched it, Neosporined it and bandaided it and cursed my dogs.

I still have my thumb and don't even have a scar.

And I learned a valuable lesson. Buy a metal bowl for dogs instead of a heavy ceramic. Better to clean up water than blood, shards and water. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by ONeill4tW View Post
                        As for her father stitching his own hand, that would not be uncommon for tailors really. A lot of them throughout the centuries did their own medical care for such accidents. I mean really, a cut only requires cleaning such antiseptic and if you know how to stitch, you can suture it on your own (after disinfecting the thread and needle of course).

One time my dogs had broken their water bowl while it was still in my hand and I had a nasty, deep cut on my thumb. Rather than waste a hundred or more dollars on an ER visit I simply cleaned it out, stitched it, Neosporined it and bandaided it and cursed my dogs.

I still have my thumb and don't even have a scar.

And I learned a valuable lesson. Buy a metal bowl for dogs instead of a heavy ceramic. Better to clean up water than blood, shards and water. Ugh.
                        This happened to me. Metal bowls, marvellous.

Comment

It would actually be amazing if she was an alien.

Comment

Originally posted by Freawaru View Post
                            But she IS against killing, even when it places herself and others in serious danger as we saw in the last two eps.
                            I just see this being her attitude since she wants to be a doctor and save people rather than hurting them.

This is a fun thread though.

Comment

I like the original post and think some good points were made.

I thought she wasn't using the stones because they were unsure how that would work with a second individual life growing inside of her (the baby). I think we have learned snippets of her back story, but you're right that we haven't seen as much of her as we have of Wray, Rush, Scott, Greer, Chloe, Eli or Young (in that order...agree?).

I think we'll learn more about TJ in season 2, she seemed to be on the up and up.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X