Wormhole Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wormhole Devices

Think there could be a chance that we meet a race that has developed their own stargate network? Maybe a seeder dropped one on their planet, they captured a seeder, etc...

Or what I think is a little cooler is what if they developed stargate tech on their own? Would an incoming wormhole from their device be compatable with ancient built stargates?
    My Minecraft Stargatesigpic

probably not compatible

Comment

The two Stargates would almost certainly not be compatible if the they were developed independently.

For example, the two Stargates would have to understand one another, as the receiving Stargate has to put the travelers back together, and can do so only with the sending 'Gate's instructions. If the two Stargates cannot communicate, then the travelers die. However, an Ancient Stargate would have no way of interpreting a signal from an alien Stargate, and thus could not reconstruct the travelers.
      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

I dont think so, heavy royalties would have to be payed to the Ancients, after all they are the copyright holders

sigpic

Comment

Tollans developed their own stargates for ancients network, so if this race would at some point meet ancient technology the networks should be in someway compatible.

Comment

I totally forgot about he Tollan stargate, thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Giant Monoliths imho!

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                Tollans developed their own stargates for ancients network, so if this race would at some point meet ancient technology the networks should be in someway compatible.
                Correct, Tollan stargate was capable of compatability with over Stargates in the Milky Way. It is feasable that an advanced race could create a stargate which is compatible to that of others in the Galaxy, only issue that may corse problems is the subscpace update technology

Comment

Possible yes, but the Tollans made there gate so it could interface with the Ancients gate network. If an alien spiecies made there own gate network, theres no guarantee that its in any way compatable with the Ancients gate network.

I would suspect some form of backwards compatibility with the newer version of the ancients gates though, such as Pegasus gates being compatible with the Destiny gate.

Comment

tollan got help from the asgard to create their gate... and as far as we know the asgard are the second most advance race we know after the Ancients... So the asgard know just as much as the ancients know bout the stargate... As far as tollan technology goes they're nowhere near the level of tech the Nox, Asgard, ferlings, and ancient had.

Comment

Originally posted by AquaGamer53 View Post
                      Think there could be a chance that we meet a race that has developed their own stargate network? Maybe a seeder dropped one on their planet, they captured a seeder, etc...

Or what I think is a little cooler is what if they developed stargate tech on their own? Would an incoming wormhole from their device be compatable with ancient built stargates?
                      I doubt that an independently designed stargate system would be compatible with the current one. Think NTSC versus PAL.

Now, like the Tollan, if an alien species had access to one of "our" gates and had studied it extensively and where able to reverse engineer their own gate; that gate would most definitely be compatible (think Carter's DHD dialing program).
                      sigpic
                      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

But this does not take into account more traditional wormholes, which seem to be the stepping stone to a system that can generate two widely separated, gravity-proof wormhole mounts.

Comment

Working...
                        X