This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith similar to Morlocks from the movie the time machine

I watch the movie the time machine (based on a book from 1895) last night i and i couldn't help notice that the villain in the movie Morlocks looked and acted a lot like the wraith. Morlocks could read minds, he eat human(related to wraith that feeds on humans) and thought it was nothing wrong with what he was doing.

So what do you think? Is it possible that the writers got some inspiration from this movie.

it was a book first... H.G. Wells....and yes of course...that and the dracula myths. good catch though.

Comment

There are so many movies out now that have the "same" type of monsters.

I don't think they got anything from H.G. Wells though.

Comment

Originally posted by frosendragon View Post
        I watch the movie the time machine (based on a book from 1895) last night i and i couldn't help notice that the villain in the movie Morlocks looked and acted a lot like the wraith. Morlocks could read minds, he eat human(related to wraith that feeds on humans) and thought it was nothing wrong with what he was doing.

So what do you think? Is it possible that the writers got some inspiration from this movie.
        I thought the same when I saw it and that woman who was in the future the native girl reminds me of Tayla.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
          I thought the same when I saw it and that woman who was in the future the native girl reminds me of Tayla.
          me too. I have loved HG well's Time machine - it's one of my favorite re-reads. but then there are only so many "new" ideas!

alan have you ever read the Time Machine? it is a classic scifi..the grand-daddy of time travel as it were.

Comment

HG wells predicted 4th dimension before einstein

Comment

Huge fan of the original book and I saw the movie too. Now that you mention they do look awfully similar.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                If the native girl reminded you of Teyla it was probably the remake you saw with Samantha Mumba and Jeremy Irons

Comment

The concept of the Wraith has probably been inspired by many different sources. SGA watchers have observed many similarities to not only vampire myths but other contemporary and classic stories/movies. It's possible TPTB were inspired by the Morlocks, didn't think of that before. Interesting idea.

Comment

there were parallels to the concepts of visual and attributes

Comment

Working...
                    X