Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had problems with your s2 dvd set???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had problems with your s2 dvd set???

Hey guys. Question.

Has anyone else had any trouble with your Season 2 DVD set.

I opened up my package to find discs 1 & 3 loose and floating around the box (not a good thing) and then noticed when I was checking for damage that disc 1 had marks. Tried it anyway. And it worked up until the start of the third episode. And then less than a minute in it stops. So was like what the hell. Took it back to my Wal*Mart where I got it. And since they had sold the last copy (only got 4) this morning. I will have to wait till a new shipment arrives to get a new Disc 1 (they agreed to swap out the discs that were damaged for new ones). Disc 1 was the only damaged one thank GOD!!!

BTW...the special features TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

i haven't had any issues with mine, but then again mine are differnt region.... could have been knocked loose in packaging. i've had CD's before like that. they should be able to exchange it
    sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Same here. Haven't a had a problem. Mine were all locked tight in place when I opened up mine.
      sigpic

Comment

i havent had any problems with mine... i typically give my dvd boxes a gentle rattle to see if discs are loose before i buy...
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
          i havent had any problems with mine... i typically give my dvd boxes a gentle rattle to see if discs are loose before i buy...
          Now we know why some boxes are loose...

It's you !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
            Now we know why some boxes are loose...

It's you !!!
            lol, i hardly shake them just move the box from side to side to make sure they arent loose, no noice = buy, noice = avoid like the plauge
            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
              i do that too
              sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

most places are pretty good, especially when you can show them 'see scratched disc' and you just want to exchange
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i once took a set of stratched dvds back and had to have an argument with the person on exchange to get a new set... the working theory (although never said out loud, but the reason why most stores dont except returns on dvds and cds) was that i had burnt them, and returned them for a refund essentially getting them for free... except that i was asking for an exchange not a refund and thats a pretty expensive risk to take... hence the test to see if discs are loose before purchase...

Comment

My problem was more with getting the dics out! Not a big fan of the way they package them.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

^ neither am i... in fact the lady at myer (empty cases on display discs behind counter) had trouble getting the discs into the box...

Comment

I got the blu-ray set, and have since watched *hem* every ep with commentaries and all special features, and everything has been great. I'm having the same problem as EH-T and katjoy! They've done a weird two disc-on-one-flap kind of thing and I'm too scared to try jamming in the second disc, as it was when it arrived. So I very reverently move the box about flat on my palm, with two of the four discs floating around...
                        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

yeah, i don't like that nested design. you either get them out of order or have one floating loose.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just got mine today from Amazon and am up to Penance, getting ready to start Sleepers, and haven't had any problems yet. :-) Not a fan of the nested packaging inside but if you're careful you can get them in and out ok...So far so good anyway, glad Wal-Mart is willing to exchange, they're usually pretty friendly about that stuff.

Melissa
                            Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                            Melissa

Comment

I didn't like that packaging either. The one they did for season 1 was better.

Did the shake too. And noticed the rattle.
                              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X