Repair Droid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair Droid

Why didn't they send it out to re-distribute the shields? If it could repair an engine earlier in the season, surely it could change some shield settings.
    sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

1. It was destroyed.
    2. It couldn't do the redistribution.
    3. The LA had it.
    4. They crew forgot about it.
    5. The writers forgot about it.
    6. It wouldn't be dramatic enough, how else would they get Scott and Greer out on the ship?
    7. It was it's day off, with the history robots have on Stargate I'd want it to be happy before it figures those replicators had the right idea.
    sigpic
    Doci of the BAG

Comment

Perhaps the radiation from the pulsar would have rendered it inoperable?
      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
        I would of liked to hear Rush or Brody say that, that's plausible right? At least I think it is...

Comment

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
          Why didn't they send it out to re-distribute the shields? If it could repair an engine earlier in the season, surely it could change some shield settings.
          it does put two soldiers outside of events, to come in later?
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think the time it would have taken to program the robot to do such a menial task was probably more than it would take for someone to just go outside and do it themselves. In this case, the task was time critical so they picked the faster option.

Comment

Hmmmm if i remember correctly they jumped into FTL pretty quickly after the repair was done ... they used the shuttle to drop it off right?

Maybe it got left behind and they haven't found a new one yet
              67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

right now its calling its replicator buddies.

Comment

The droid did not look as good runnig across destiney as Scott and Greer in spacesuits

Comment

Knowing the SGC's history, and the Ancients' track record with robots, I would have been scared to death of the damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                      Knowing the SGC's history, and the Ancients' track record with robots, I would have been scared to death of the damn thing.
                      Ditto. Just that thing doesnt have that much of an AI, so luckily we wont have to fear that it or one of his siblings remaining on the ship will go haywire anytime soon.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                        You mean the robot? Greer and Scott where unharmed because the pulsar, was on the upper side of the ship. So the robot would work with out problems.

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
                        Hmmmm if i remember correctly they jumped into FTL pretty quickly after the repair was done ... they used the shuttle to drop it off right?

Maybe it got left behind and they haven't found a new one yet
                        Spoiler:
                        I have to re watch this episode but wasn't Franklin that put the destiny back into FTL?
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                          You mean the robot? Greer and Scott where unharmed because the pulsar, was on the upper side of the ship. So the robot would work with out problems.

Spoiler:
                          I have to re watch this episode but wasn't Franklin that put the destiny back into FTL?
                          Yes it was Franklin, they left the droid outside protected by the shield. So it should still be there unless they went to get it at their next stop.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

From my understand of the driods arms and controls, it might not have the strength or would would simply take it too long to reprogram.

Comment

Its only just dawned on me now, what this repair droid looks like and given then name droid its obvious! if anyone had played Star Wars KOTOR2 then it is almost a carbon copy of the repair droids on that game"

Comment

Working...
                              X