This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help Developing story for fan comic

Hi im trying to develop a story for a fan comic series, its based around the discovery of a stargate address found in an aztec pyramid which leads a abandoned space station. a few sg teams are sent through.

They discover a planet which is being ruled over by someone posing to be Quatzequatl, naturly the sg teams think its a goa'uld but it turns out hes from another alien race which captured and killed the goa'uld who originally acted as the god.

Now im after some help in developing the story deeper and developing the little details, if your interested, please add me to your msn

[email protected]
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Hmm... You do know that Quetzalcoatl is also the name of one of the Giiiaaaant Alllliiieennns, right?

And if it's an abandoned space station, I sure as hell hope they're wearing space suits when they go through. Or that they at least send a MALP to determine that the station's integrity is still good.

So they'll be using shuttlecraft from the station to get down to the planet's surface, then? How come Mr. False God didn't notice the station? Seems like kind of a bit thing to miss for an advanced alien species, especially since he'll either have had to come through there using the stargate or his ship will have passed it. And if he DOES know it's there, why isn't he using it?

Good luck with the story, EAG.

Comment

i havent got that far yet and i havent gotten into the little details

ok so gonna have to redo the gods name-but ill jump off that bridge wen i get to it
      sigpic

Comment

Go for the Mayans, instead. The Aztecs tend to get associated with Crystal Skull, but there's a precedent with the Mayans since Zipacna is a Mayan god.

Kukulkan is the Mayan equivalent of Quetzalcoatl- supreme god of the pantheon and his name means "feathered serpent".

Comment

maybe i shud just leave and go with an egypt goa'uld, thoth!

i dont remember him being mentioned in the show!
          sigpic

Comment

Thoth got mention in... Evolution, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
              maybe i shud just leave and go with an egypt goa'uld, thoth!

i dont remember him being mentioned in the show!
              Hey, don't get discouraged so easily; writing is hard work and there are tons of obstacles. If you back away from each obstacle you'll never get to where you want to be in your comic.

You can use anyone you please, even Quetzalcoatl, since, after all, the alien in your story is just a poser.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

ive never done a stargate thing before and cos i only just got onto the online sg community im not that versed!

wat did they say about thoth?
                sigpic

Comment

Whatever kind of story you're doing you should try and give the characters and the plot a personal connection. You could give a member of the team this connection or it could be someone the teams met or you could just introduce a new character. A personal connection will help give the story more dimension.

eg:A different team goes through the gate first and dosen't return. One member of SG-1 or all the members of the team know the other team's members well. What happened to the team can be a mystery right till the end so SG-1 are wondering and worrying about them the hole way through. This way it's not just another perilous mission through the stargate.
                  "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                  I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

thanks but ive actually been changin the idea and developing it in a machinima scripts for legacy, anywho i will be doin an atlantis comic but thats fine and dandy!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X