How to put a end to the Lucian Alliance threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to put a end to the Lucian Alliance threat

well the title pretty much somes it. so how could we do it?

heres 3 of my ideas?

1. we could build more ships and just go in and destory all there ship and tech. this idea would not be a good idea but maybe a last resort.

2. we could try and mix it up in the Lucian Alliance and try and get them selves to weaking them selves and then pick up the pieces.

3. this is the idea I would go with. first make an official alliance with the Jaffa and Tokra. then when we have things rolling we would create something like a galatic U.N. Maybe called the U.R(united races) or U.N(united planets). then when we have sorted this we would give help to who needs it and invite other races like the ori follows, Hebridian and all other quite advanced races. races that join would have to follow rules and they would get help and protection in return. then when a race is ready they would get a seat on the council and they would have to start helping and give reasourses.
    then when have done this we could put rules on the entire galaxy and put the Lucian Alliance under pressure. force them to chance there ways and maybe 1 day we they could join.

give any ideas you may have and feel free to comment on mine.

Interesting idea. Sort of reminds me of the original alliance of the four great races, only somewhat less exclusive.

Ori followers would undoubtedly be useful allies, but they'd have limited use with regard to the Lucian Alliance, considering the two groups are based in different galaxies. I imagine the extent of what they could really offer is lending shiploads of troops and tech to help out.

Comment

We could engineer a virus that would simulate an unsolvable paradox problem that would drive them crazy and they'd kill each other.

Comment

make real governments out of them, that would take the wind out of their sails, mwahahahahah
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

releases the ticks
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

the United Federation of Planets and Star Fleet

Comment

I think they'll eventually fall apart themselves. We probably don't have to do anything.

They're a bunch of weak rag tag humans fighting for power, and killing each other to get it.

You can't have a stable "government" like that.

They're is too much conflict among them.

I'd give it a few years.

The only real threat they pose is to each other.

Comment

Take a few mark IXs and start nuking every Lucian alliance outpost.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  Take a few mark IXs and start nuking every Lucian alliance outpost.
                  Gate-Busters!!

Comment

What if those outposts are hidden in 'civilian' populations?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      What if those outposts are hidden in 'civilian' populations?
                      Well then that would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        make real governments out of them, that would take the wind out of their sails, mwahahahahah
                        Actually that would be my suggestion. Pretty much all of the "civilised" governments on Earth started off through war, conquering and stealing everything they could. Those with power wanted to keep it and set up governments to keep themselves on top. A good few generations later and those that were governed realised the power the masses had and so began democracy.

I truly believe that while they may have started as little more than "mafia in space" the Lucian Alliance has the capability to become a true unifying government that will ultimately turn out to be more like the Federation than the System Lords. The only way to maintain a tyrannical powerbase is to deny those at the bottom the education and skills they need to realise their freedom and to organise enough to seize it. The problem is that by denying those skills the government is also denying itself of a huge pool of resources and innovators. This is why the System Lords were stagnant for so long, whereas Earth has 6 billion potential genius inventors, just waiting to come up with the device that will provide the edge required to come out on top. Which is why we won when we started passing on that information to the galaxy at large.
                        "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp View Post
                          Actually that would be my suggestion. Pretty much all of the "civilised" governments on Earth started off through war, conquering and stealing everything they could. Those with power wanted to keep it and set up governments to keep themselves on top. A good few generations later and those that were governed realised the power the masses had and so began democracy.

I truly believe that while they may have started as little more than "mafia in space" the Lucian Alliance has the capability to become a true unifying government that will ultimately turn out to be more like the Federation than the System Lords. The only way to maintain a tyrannical powerbase is to deny those at the bottom the education and skills they need to realise their freedom and to organise enough to seize it. The problem is that by denying those skills the government is also denying itself of a huge pool of resources and innovators. This is why the System Lords were stagnant for so long, whereas Earth has 6 billion potential genius inventors, just waiting to come up with the device that will provide the edge required to come out on top. Which is why we won when we started passing on that information to the galaxy at large.
                          yep, a lot of governments and governement systems right here and now started out in much the same way, then, once they had achieved what they wanted to achieve, experienced a sort of "what now?" moment, and they have to fix what they overthrew. Fix it with what? Why with establishing a government.
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                            yep, a lot of governments and governement systems right here and now started out in much the same way, then, once they had achieved what they wanted to achieve, experienced a sort of "what now?" moment, and they have to fix what they overthrew. Fix it with what? Why with establishing a government.
                            I thought that is what a certain someone had been convinced of (I can't figure out how to do spoiler tags) before the penultimate episode changed my mind.
                            "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

What I don't get is why the LA got so much ships and stuff at all? I understand that much technology left by the Goa'uld fell into the hands of humans, but on the other hand I don't understand why the Jaffa didn't get the better part of that stuff. Or are there many Jaffa in the LA and I just missed that? Or did I miss something else?

Comment

Working...
                              X