PDA

View Full Version : How to put a end to the Lucian Alliance threat

mickhhh
June 15th, 2010, 01:21 PM
well the title pretty much somes it. so how could we do it?

heres 3 of my ideas?

1. we could build more ships and just go in and destory all there ship and tech. this idea would not be a good idea but maybe a last resort.

2. we could try and mix it up in the Lucian Alliance and try and get them selves to weaking them selves and then pick up the pieces.

3. this is the idea I would go with. first make an official alliance with the Jaffa and Tokra. then when we have things rolling we would create something like a galatic U.N. Maybe called the U.R(united races) or U.N(united planets). then when we have sorted this we would give help to who needs it and invite other races like the ori follows, Hebridian and all other quite advanced races. races that join would have to follow rules and they would get help and protection in return. then when a race is ready they would get a seat on the council and they would have to start helping and give reasourses.
then when have done this we could put rules on the entire galaxy and put the Lucian Alliance under pressure. force them to chance there ways and maybe 1 day we they could join.

give any ideas you may have and feel free to comment on mine.

phenomenon-x
June 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Interesting idea. Sort of reminds me of the original alliance of the four great races, only somewhat less exclusive.

Ori followers would undoubtedly be useful allies, but they'd have limited use with regard to the Lucian Alliance, considering the two groups are based in different galaxies. I imagine the extent of what they could really offer is lending shiploads of troops and tech to help out.

Galileo_Galilee
June 15th, 2010, 02:14 PM
We could engineer a virus that would simulate an unsolvable paradox problem that would drive them crazy and they'd kill each other.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 15th, 2010, 02:20 PM
make real governments out of them, that would take the wind out of their sails, mwahahahahah

Pharaoh Atem
June 15th, 2010, 02:46 PM
releases the ticks

General Jumper One
June 15th, 2010, 02:47 PM
the United Federation of Planets and Star Fleet :D

Alan Wake
June 15th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I think they'll eventually fall apart themselves. We probably don't have to do anything.

They're a bunch of weak rag tag humans fighting for power, and killing each other to get it.

You can't have a stable "government" like that.

They're is too much conflict among them.

I'd give it a few years.

The only real threat they pose is to each other.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Take a few mark IXs and start nuking every Lucian alliance outpost.

General Jumper One
June 15th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Take a few mark IXs and start nuking every Lucian alliance outpost.

Gate-Busters!! :D

garhkal
June 16th, 2010, 02:53 AM
What if those outposts are hidden in 'civilian' populations?

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 16th, 2010, 04:51 AM
What if those outposts are hidden in 'civilian' populations?

Well then that would be a problem.

bobsuncorp
June 16th, 2010, 05:55 AM
make real governments out of them, that would take the wind out of their sails, mwahahahahah

Actually that would be my suggestion. Pretty much all of the "civilised" governments on Earth started off through war, conquering and stealing everything they could. Those with power wanted to keep it and set up governments to keep themselves on top. A good few generations later and those that were governed realised the power the masses had and so began democracy.

I truly believe that while they may have started as little more than "mafia in space" the Lucian Alliance has the capability to become a true unifying government that will ultimately turn out to be more like the Federation than the System Lords. The only way to maintain a tyrannical powerbase is to deny those at the bottom the education and skills they need to realise their freedom and to organise enough to seize it. The problem is that by denying those skills the government is also denying itself of a huge pool of resources and innovators. This is why the System Lords were stagnant for so long, whereas Earth has 6 billion potential genius inventors, just waiting to come up with the device that will provide the edge required to come out on top. Which is why we won when we started passing on that information to the galaxy at large.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 16th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Actually that would be my suggestion. Pretty much all of the "civilised" governments on Earth started off through war, conquering and stealing everything they could. Those with power wanted to keep it and set up governments to keep themselves on top. A good few generations later and those that were governed realised the power the masses had and so began democracy.

I truly believe that while they may have started as little more than "mafia in space" the Lucian Alliance has the capability to become a true unifying government that will ultimately turn out to be more like the Federation than the System Lords. The only way to maintain a tyrannical powerbase is to deny those at the bottom the education and skills they need to realise their freedom and to organise enough to seize it. The problem is that by denying those skills the government is also denying itself of a huge pool of resources and innovators. This is why the System Lords were stagnant for so long, whereas Earth has 6 billion potential genius inventors, just waiting to come up with the device that will provide the edge required to come out on top. Which is why we won when we started passing on that information to the galaxy at large.

yep, a lot of governments and governement systems right here and now started out in much the same way, then, once they had achieved what they wanted to achieve, experienced a sort of "what now?" moment, and they have to fix what they overthrew. Fix it with what? Why with establishing a government.

bobsuncorp
June 16th, 2010, 06:25 AM
yep, a lot of governments and governement systems right here and now started out in much the same way, then, once they had achieved what they wanted to achieve, experienced a sort of "what now?" moment, and they have to fix what they overthrew. Fix it with what? Why with establishing a government.

I thought that is what a certain someone had been convinced of (I can't figure out how to do spoiler tags) before the penultimate episode changed my mind.

XenoNorth
June 16th, 2010, 08:39 AM
What I don't get is why the LA got so much ships and stuff at all? I understand that much technology left by the Goa'uld fell into the hands of humans, but on the other hand I don't understand why the Jaffa didn't get the better part of that stuff. Or are there many Jaffa in the LA and I just missed that? Or did I miss something else? :confused: :D

General Jumper One
June 16th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I thought that is what a certain someone had been convinced of (I can't figure out how to do spoiler tags) before the penultimate episode changed my mind.

Type it out, then hightlight it, then click this http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_editor/spoilers.gif, or click first then type in the middle of the two spoilers things.

wise one
June 16th, 2010, 10:14 AM
put them all in a time diation device as time slows down in the field the outside will go past...wait its been done before sorry

bobsuncorp
June 16th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Type it out, then hightlight it, then click this http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_editor/spoilers.gif, or click first then type in the middle of the two spoilers things.

Cool Thanks!

General Jumper One
June 16th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Your Welcome :zelenka25:

rushy
June 17th, 2010, 03:20 AM
I have a perfect plan. Let Wray take care of it. After she makes the Let's Negotiate Very Much Alliance:the LNVM, We will lock the entire group up, give them a ship, destroy the sun like in Exodus. That will force them to jump to Hyperspace and the sun's plasma superpower will send them so fast, they'll be at the other side of the Universe less than a week. Mission accomplished!

bobsuncorp
June 17th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Stick them on a planet with an unstable orbit that will turn from a lush paradise into a desert planet - complete with mind controlling beetles. Just don't get them in your ear!

KHHHHHAAAAAANNNNN!!!

JustAnotherVoice
June 17th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Stick them on a planet with an unstable orbit that will turn from a lush paradise into a desert planet - complete with mind controlling beetles. Just don't get them in your ear!

KHHHHHAAAAAANNNNN!!!

It wasn't Kirk's fault that Ceti Alpha VI blew up! It wasn't!

bobsuncorp
June 17th, 2010, 08:56 AM
It wasn't Kirk's fault that Ceti Alpha VI blew up! It wasn't!

He still got burriedd alivve! Burriedd alivve!

Or my 3rd favourite quote is "Botony Bay?! BOTONY BAY?!"

JustAnotherVoice
June 20th, 2010, 10:51 AM
He still got burriedd alivve! Burriedd alivve!

Or my 3rd favourite quote is "Botony Bay?! BOTONY BAY?!"

In that sequence, I've always preferred, "Chekov, who is this man?"

If you don't know who Khan Noonien Singh is, you deserve whatever fate you get coming!

Dragon_Heart
June 20th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I think they'll eventually fall apart themselves. We probably don't have to do anything.

They're a bunch of weak rag tag humans fighting for power, and killing each other to get it.

You can't have a stable "government" like that.

They're is too much conflict among them.

I'd give it a few years.

The only real threat they pose is to each other.

If they kill each other, it's more of an hierarchy type system. If it is basal despotisism leadership (dictatorship). the strongest of the pack is the pack is generally the leader. Meaning they will have a strong and relentless leader.

Stable? What government is ever stable. At least the hierarchy brings order to chaos.

And they also pose a threat to us, do they not? They've picked up rag tag fleets, they can attack.

comperius
June 26th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Before we do anything we should design Cloak ship detector, otherwise they will land their Ha'tak in front of the White House.

After that the easiest way to destroy them is to send assasins to kill entire leadership of the LA. After they do that, LA will fall apart. The end. :)

General Luka of Earth
July 2nd, 2010, 03:06 PM

heres 3 of my ideas?

1. we could build more ships and just go in and destory all there ship and tech. this idea would not be a good idea but maybe a last resort.

2. we could try and mix it up in the Lucian Alliance and try and get them selves to weaking them selves and then pick up the pieces.

3. this is the idea I would go with. first make an official alliance with the Jaffa and Tokra. then when we have things rolling we would create something like a galatic U.N. Maybe called the U.R(united races) or U.N(united planets). then when we have sorted this we would give help to who needs it and invite other races like the ori follows, Hebridian and all other quite advanced races. races that join would have to follow rules and they would get help and protection in return. then when a race is ready they would get a seat on the council and they would have to start helping and give reasourses.
then when have done this we could put rules on the entire galaxy and put the Lucian Alliance under pressure. force them to chance there ways and maybe 1 day we they could join.

I will go with 3. idea then when we destroy Lucian alliance we could easily take control of the galaxy buhahahahaha, just kidding i think that 3. choice would be the best

Col.Ads
July 3rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Official alliance is probably the best idea, LA are not daft enough not to realise the benefits behind such an alliance

Ark Cammando
September 11th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Nuke the carp out of them! We could beam up their stargates temporarily and then destory their shipping lines. With no way to distribute resources their economy would be shattered. Then we could pick off their ha'taks at our liesure.

danielhartley91
October 5th, 2010, 02:37 PM

heres 3 of my ideas?

I wouldn't call it U.N

I think M.W.A - Milky Way Aliance

Furliciousy2k9
October 7th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Before we do anything we should design Cloak ship detector, otherwise they will land their Ha'tak in front of the White House.

I agree with that, that should be our first priority because that shows that they do pose a threat to us. Any one who can brainwash our top military officers, cloak their ships and counter our beeming tech is a serious problem. Sure they are as organized as their next objective and as soon as someone sees an opportunity to rise in rank they take it, but that makes it even more difficult to predict their actions and eventually they will find some sort of balance in their system.
Defeating them will not be so easy either because it is like fighting in a guerilla war, since they have more ships than us, though less advanced, and also they control probably quite a big quadrant of the galaxy or even worse they are in multiple locations and also I believe that their hierarchical system is easier reformed than ours if we send "assassins to kill their top leaders" even if that would cripple them for a short while it wouldn't solve the problem (less than it did with the Goa'uld). An possible back-fire could be that in assassinating their leaders we give more reason for the LA to unite against a common enemy. In fact it is possible that there are those within the LA that don't want to fight us if we leave them alone and even those that could work together with us (perhaps what happens in SGU will prove influential in events with the LA in the MW).

Thoughts I've had in my head for a (long) while, my 2 cents..

garhkal
October 8th, 2010, 02:28 AM
I do agree that there are most likely segments of the LA who would jump at the chance to work with us, along with others who say don't frak with those who took out the system lords, there are more than likely enough who DO want to take us out (as the only other real threat left) that they out number the rest combined.