PDA

View Full Version : TJ/Varro SHIP - a possibility?

Pages : [1] 2

Promitikins
June 14th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone noticed the chemistry b/w the two in the new Incursion 2 episode? I don't think she's feeling him right now, but he DEFINITELY seems interested in her. Why try to make conversation with her repeatedly? To him, she was just a medic...so why try to thank her and get on her good side? I think there's some definite interest from his side and I'm wondering how this will affect TJ's relationship with Colonel Young.

Everlovin
June 14th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Varro is the only reason I'm considering watching S2. I would love for there to be more to this ship.

MrsB108
June 14th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I would totally support this ship.

Linda06
June 14th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I stopped watching just over half way through. Could someone tell me who Varro is, what he looks like?

Before I stopped watching TJ was becoming my fave character on the show, but because of a "certain" storyline I stopped my viewing.

SG7
June 14th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I stopped watching just over half way through. Could someone tell me who Varro is, what he looks like?

Before I stopped watching TJ was becoming my fave character on the show, but because of a "certain" storyline I stopped my viewing.

He's one of the Lucian Alliance guys. I don't think that I would be able to support this ship yet. I'd have to see a few more episodes before I got on board with this ship, that is if it even pans out to be anything worth shipping.

Love TJ. Just wish that she would get someone decent to be with.

Linda06
June 14th, 2010, 02:29 PM
He's one of the Lucian Alliance guys. I don't think that I would be able to support this ship yet. I'd have to see a few more episodes before I got on board with this ship, that is if it even pans out to be anything worth shipping.

Ah right, thanks :D

Anything would be preferable to Young :)

Everlovin
June 14th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Linda, this is the actor playing him. He's played lots of bit parts in the Stargate world.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/SG%20fangurl%20stuff/Thunkalicious/SGA/jennkiryk9-1.jpg

Yeah. I could so get behind this ship.

Linda06
June 14th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Linda, this is the actor playing him. He's played lots of bit parts in the Stargate world.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/SG%20fangurl%20stuff/Thunkalicious/SGA/jennkiryk9-1.jpg

Yeah. I could so get behind this ship.

Hey I know him...Now where do I know him from. Dammit, this blasted goldfish memory is annoying at times :mckay: :p

Everlovin
June 14th, 2010, 02:47 PM
From Stargate - SG-1 he played: A Russian guy in S8's Full Alert, Lucian Alliance bounty hunter in S10's Bounty, SGA he played Kiryk in S5's Tracker, and now in SGU he plays Varro. No idea what else he's been in.

Cory Holmes
June 14th, 2010, 02:56 PM
No. I flatly refuse to support this ship in any way, shape, or form. Why? you ask? Good question.

In all other TV shows I've ever watched, I end up shipping the secondary pairing or secondary characters to the "main" or "expected" ship. (McWeir as opposed to Shep/Weir, Ben/Katie instead of Ford/Katie, Mal/Saffron instead of Mal/Inara, Jayne/Kaylee instead of Kaylee/Simon). This is the first show where I get to support the main, canon pairing and I refuse to let anything get in the way!

Linda06
June 14th, 2010, 03:04 PM
From Stargate - SG-1 he played: A Russian guy in S8's Full Alert, Lucian Alliance bounty hunter in S10's Bounty, SGA he played Kiryk in S5's Tracker, and now in SGU he plays Varro. No idea what else he's been in.

Ahhhh...The hot runner dude in Tracker :D

Everlovin
June 14th, 2010, 03:21 PM
No. I flatly refuse to support this ship in any way, shape, or form. Why? you ask? Good question.

In all other TV shows I've ever watched, I end up shipping the secondary pairing or secondary characters to the "main" or "expected" ship. (McWeir as opposed to Shep/Weir, Ben/Katie instead of Ford/Katie, Mal/Saffron instead of Mal/Inara, Jayne/Kaylee instead of Kaylee/Simon). This is the first show where I get to support the main, canon pairing and I refuse to let anything get in the way!

But it's fun supporting non-canon ships! I'm all for Radek/Weir and Jean-Luc/Guinan myself. And if that's how this will work, then fine with me.

hedwig
June 14th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I'm not in favor of TJ/Varro. Partly because he's one of the LA. And they are responsible for what happened to her and with what I assume is going to be the loss of her baby. And I really, really doubt he can do anything to make up for being part of the group that caused that. Plus he's also part of the group that caused the deaths of some of her shipmates and caused untold damage at this point. How do you forgive something like that? (And if she does forgive it, I'll have less of an opinion of her, even though I really like her.) His "let's bygones-be-bygones" comment just isn't enough.

Cory Holmes
June 14th, 2010, 03:30 PM
But it's fun supporting non-canon ships! I'm all for Radek/Weir and Jean-Luc/Guinan myself. And if that's how this will work, then fine with me.

Yeah, but the sheer change of pace was nice :(

MrsB108
June 15th, 2010, 01:49 PM
We need some fanfic for this ship between seasons.....

Egle01
June 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I'm going to wait for S2 to see how and if they handle this pairing. Maybe, just maybe might come back here. :D

Everlovin
June 15th, 2010, 03:10 PM

Damn! Does this mean I need to go pick through the SGU fics?

MrsB108
June 15th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Damn! Does this mean I need to go pick through the SGU fics?

I dont know if there are/were any?? So I started one myself lol :D

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6055514/1/Broken

hedwig
June 15th, 2010, 05:35 PM

Is there more? Or is it finished? :)

MrsB108
June 15th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Is there more? Or is it finished? :)

There will definitely be more! :)

Promitikins
June 15th, 2010, 05:47 PM
om...g.

Warning: long rambling post ahead (as if you couldn't see that for yourself)

First off, I thought I had made a mistake voicing my opinion of this, soon feeling like a weirdo. My friends have always accused me of being overly sensitive to certain "signs" (er...I couldn't find a better word) in people.

But I thought the spark between them...or at least the heat coming from him...was MORE than obvious. I'm so glad others have noticed this (even if they disliked it). Validation rocks. I shall be showing this thread to my friends. *smugness ensues*

Anywho,

I. love. you.

IMMEDIATELY after Incursion 2 came out, I went to ff.net and searched for their pairing and of course found NONE. I LOVE YOU FOR CREATING ONE!!!! Thank you SOOO MUCH!!! You rock!

Varro is the only reason I'm considering watching S2. I would love for there to be more to this ship.

YAY! I'm so glad you feel so strongly about the pairing. I was actually kinda losing interest in SGU...relationship-wise and the fact that the storylines don't seem half as engaging as before...mainly because they focus so much on relationships. :P Weird, but...I liked the techno-babble even if I could barely decipher it. And the relationships are sooooo....DARK. It bothers me that they are all so...wounded. I realize it's a more realistic depiction of people, but if I wanted reality when I watch TV, I'd watch the news, no? *nods in self-affirmation*

Not that I was fluffy cotton candy clouds. I just mean a little light never hurt anyone.

I don't necessarily think he's decent by nature...cough...but I think he'd try very hard to please her and may eventually become decent? Possibly. Maybe. Oh well, good news is he's great fodder for fanfic...where we can MAKE him decent. :P

This is the first show where I get to support the main, canon pairing and I refuse to let anything get in the way!

LOL! Having been one to always support the main cannons, this is a risque move for me...and even though we seem to be total opposites, I can still sympathize. But I must admit...if I knew support a secondary cannon could be this fun, I would've done it ages it ago! So I'm sad to see you NOT support it, but if you would like to drop in here from time to time, it could be a lot of fun. ;) Besides...who said you can't support two ships at once? I was into Shweir but I was also sorta kinda feeling McWeir and Sheyla. Shhh! ;)

I'm not in favor of TJ/Varro. Partly because he's one of the LA. And they are responsible for what happened to her and with what I assume is going to be the loss of her baby. And I really, really doubt he can do anything to make up for being part of the group that caused that. Plus he's also part of the group that caused the deaths of some of her shipmates and caused untold damage at this point. How do you forgive something like that? (And if she does forgive it, I'll have less of an opinion of her, even though I really like her.) His "let's bygones-be-bygones" comment just isn't enough.

See, I don't think she would be so easily appeased. I don't think she even feels anything for him. I think it's totally one-sided...for now. But even in the future I don't see her ever really forgiving him unless he does something to redeem himself...like put his life on the line to save one...more than one...of her people.

And MY GOODNESS his let bygones-be-bygones comment was the stupidest thing I had ever heard! He just didn't get it. But I think he's just like that....again, for now. I think, if he gets more screen time, then the probable progression would be that he earns a bit more depth in perception from her. She would definitely make him understand that after you kill off members of a person's community, that person cannot just let bygones-be-bygones.

The reason why the possibility of this ship appeals to me is because of this tension between them. Not only is he the enemy, but she's also in love with Young. But right now, being hostage to the Lucian Alliance, she's under Varro's mercy...and so far, only he and Koz have been kind to the Destiny crew. So...it's kinda interesting. =D More than kinda, actually. :P ;)

Anyway, a lot of people are hesitant about the ship and I may have jumped the gun, but I HOPE in S2, there's more evidence. I can't wait!!! =D

And yay to all the people who are excited for this! I hope this will fuel more fanfics in the future. ;)

MrsB108
June 15th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I. love. you.

IMMEDIATELY after Incursion 2 came out, I went to ff.net and searched for their pairing and of course found NONE. I LOVE YOU FOR CREATING ONE!!!! Thank you SOOO MUCH!!! You rock!

Ha! You are welcome. Hoping to have chapter two up by tomorrow! :)

brotymo
June 15th, 2010, 06:17 PM
can't go there. I am too mad about what the Lucian Alliance takeover has (apparently)
done to TJ's baby. He is not forgiveable in my book!
Of course, my own pregnancy hormones are probably influencing me here some, too!

Major Tyler
June 15th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I honestly thought there was more chemistry between TJ and Koz. Koz has that "puppy dog who's in over his head" look all the time. :P

Everlovin
June 15th, 2010, 10:28 PM

Off to check it out! The main question is, am I up to the angst I know you like to write?

MrsB108
June 16th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Off to check it out! The main question is, am I up to the angst I know you like to write?

LOL You tell me!

hedwig
June 16th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I honestly thought there was more chemistry between TJ and Koz. Koz has that "puppy dog who's in over his head" look all the time. :P

A mentor/student type thing maybe. When she recovers, maybe she'll teach him how to be a proper medic - at least with as much knowledge as she herself has. They definitely need more than one medic person aboard the Destiny.

Everlovin
June 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM
LOL You tell me!

I enjoyed it a lot. I've got your story bookmarked and am looking forward to more. It's just, I'm usually all about fluff and happiness. That just won't work for quite some time really for this ship.

Promitikins
June 16th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I enjoyed it a lot. I've got your story bookmarked and am looking forward to more. It's just, I'm usually all about fluff and happiness. That just won't work for quite some time really for this ship.

There may be underlying angst and outward hostility from TJ's end towards him, but I'm sure he has it in him to be a bit cheeky and entertaining...so that could count for some fluff. :P

GenieinaZPM
June 16th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I'd support the pairing if it was done properly. We'll have to wait and see I suppose. I don't think there would be any issues from Youngs end, since there hasn't been anything between them since before Destiny. He cheated on his wife with her, but now he wants to work through their issues and repair the marriage. As attracted as he is to TJ, his wife is more important. I have no theories on how he's planning on handling the baby though.

As for Varro not being decent by nature, we don't know that for sure. Maybe he's just a good guy that's done some bad things. Maybe he needs the love of a good woman to set him straight ;) lol...

MrsB108
June 16th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Chapter 2: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6055514/2/Broken

Everlovin
June 16th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Yay! Off to read!

Icarium
June 17th, 2010, 03:40 AM
but he DEFINITELY seems interested in her. Why try to make conversation with her repeatedly?

I noticed that too and I wondered all the time why show interest with a pregnant woman? Not because I have something against pregnant women but Varro's attempts seemed weird. Unless the writers have already decided that TJ is going to lose her child. I think that if she loses the child there will be no possibility for TJ/Young anymore because of the pain it would cause. I was under the impression that even if the child was ok they would raise it together but not being in a relationship. I think TJ/Varro have some future but I'm not sure yet if I would support that ship.

Promitikins
June 18th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I noticed that too and I wondered all the time why show interest with a pregnant woman? Not because I have something against pregnant women but Varro's attempts seemed weird. Unless the writers have already decided that TJ is going to lose her child. I think that if she loses the child there will be no possibility for TJ/Young anymore because of the pain it would cause. I was under the impression that even if the child was ok they would raise it together but not being in a relationship. I think TJ/Varro have some future but I'm not sure yet if I would support that ship.

Yeah, I get that. She's obviously "taken" so why bother? But some guys just don't really care. In any case, considering her circumstances, I didn't find it sleazy on his part. She's sleeping with a married man, so Varro doesn't seem that bad in my opinion.

When she was shot in the end, I had a feeling all those attempts by Varro to get on better terms with her would lead to something more--because she's certainly not dead, but her baby's gone. Leaving the way open for something else. I think. :S

If the baby's gone, I think she'd still have feelings for Young. I think that's sorta hard to get over, even if you've lost a baby with that person. ESPECIALLY if you've lost a baby...wouldn't that bring you closer? Er...make you want to cling? I don't know.

I hope though Varro gets whatever she's going through (though...he does seem kinda clueless at the moment to how normal people think/feel :P) and he can be a crutch.

Icarium
June 19th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Yeah, I get that. She's obviously "taken" so why bother? But some guys just don't really care. In any case, considering her circumstances, I didn't find it sleazy on his part. She's sleeping with a married man, so Varro doesn't seem that bad in my opinion.

I don't mean he seems bad because of that. His behaviour made me think immediately that the writers were going to kill TJ's baby.

If the baby's gone, I think she'd still have feelings for Young. I think that's sorta hard to get over, even if you've lost a baby with that person. ESPECIALLY if you've lost a baby...wouldn't that bring you closer? Er...make you want to cling? I don't know.

I think that even looking at Young may constantly remind her of her child because it was his child. I'm not sure how I'd react in such situation. And certainly different people react differently so I suppose we must just wait :S

MrsB108
June 23rd, 2010, 04:14 AM
From JM's blog:

MrsB writes: “Will the Varro/TJ storyline develop more next season? And moreso a Varro/TJ/Young storyline?”

Answer: Possibly.

Kermee
June 23rd, 2010, 03:44 PM
From JM's blog:

MrsB writes: “Will the Varro/TJ storyline develop more next season? And moreso a Varro/TJ/Young storyline?”

So, we will be getting a Varro/TJ/Young three-way!?! Interesting....

Promitikins
June 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
From JM's blog:

YES!!!! Thanks for asking! It didn't even occur to me to ask him about it. This gives me hope. Yay!

Everlovin
June 24th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I'm still a ship cynic. As much as I like this possiblity, I'll be treating it like all of my other non-canon ships. If I get too invested, I know I'll get heart broken.

SG7
June 24th, 2010, 10:06 PM

Even though I'm not in favor of this ship, I could probably come up with a decent fic for the pairing. Mainly because I love TJ. And I could write for her all day! :)

Ideas are coming just thinking about it.

Arctic Goddess
June 25th, 2010, 02:47 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/Arctic-Goddess/Mike1.jpg?t=1277502449

The actor is Mike Dopud. Dopud was born and raised in Montreal, and is of both Canadian/French and Serbian ethnicity. He speaks three different languages fluently (English, French, and Serbian). He played professional Canadian football briefly for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He is also a second son of a Serbian family. He is married to Canadian actress Angela Schneider.

Everlovin
June 25th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Wow! Thanks for the pic! LOVE IT! And the bio, I knew some of it, but interesting to read the rest! Thanks!

MrsB108
August 6th, 2010, 04:08 AM
On JM's blog he put up this picture and wrote "Another hint at what’s to come in season 2…"
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/nup_133868_0651.jpg?w=300&h=199

KEK
August 6th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Probably. Joe's hints are usually about a subtle as a bag of hammers.

xxxevilgrinxxx
August 6th, 2010, 07:35 AM
oooo, I;m looking forward to fallout!

Linda06
August 6th, 2010, 08:24 AM
On JM's blog he put up this picture and wrote "Another hint at what’s to come in season 2…"
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/nup_133868_0651.jpg?w=300&h=199

Whatever JM's hints are, think the complete opposite and you'll get the real hint ;) His hints are never what they seem :rolleyes: I learned that from experience ;)

Egle01
August 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Whatever JM's hints are, think the complete opposite and you'll get the real hint ;) His hints are never what they seem :rolleyes: I learned that from experience ;)There's been hints coming from Alaina, too. About a possible love interest for TJ, who isn't Young.

Linda06
August 6th, 2010, 11:30 AM
There's been hints coming from Alaina, too. About a possible love interest for TJ, who isn't Young.

If I still watched the show, this would make me happy :D I would believe what Alaina hinted at or said, I take anything JM says with a hanger full of salt ;)

Maybe one day I'll give SGU another chance to try and impress me. I was beginning to love the TJ character but I was fearful of them shipping her and Young together :S I saw them as having more of a good friendship going, but not ship. And I didn't want the pregnancy written into the show at all after how they handled Teyla's :(

I will see how this pans out from reading about it then decide if I want to give it another chance. But if they do a Teyla and turn TJ into wallpaper then no I will not be giving it a chance ;)

Egle01
August 6th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Maybe one day I'll give SGU another chance to try and impress me. I was beginning to love the TJ character but I was fearful of them shipping her and Young together :S I saw them as having more of a good friendship going, but not ship. And I didn't want the pregnancy written into the show at all after how they handled Teyla's :(

I will see how this pans out from reading about it then decide if I want to give it another chance. But if they do a Teyla and turn TJ into wallpaper then no I will not be giving it a chance ;)I'd recommend you to give SGU another chance. Remind me again, when did you quit watching? After "Faith"?

AH has been amazing with TJ's pregnancy storyline, it's been one of the most enjoyable things about season 1.5 for me.

And seeing there's going to happen something between TJ and Varro, then you don't have to worry about her and Young 'ship wise. They're going to have some big scenes together, but I believe that's because of what happened in the finale.

About TJ being wallpaper'd - I'd hate to see that happen. Just so you know - episode 16 of season 2 called "The Hunt" is going to be TJ backstory episode. Personally, I'm looking forward to it. :)

carmencatalina
August 6th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Maybe one day I'll give SGU another chance to try and impress me. I was beginning to love the TJ character . . .[clipped]

Linda, I hope you will try it again sometime. I have to admit that when I first saw the SGU cast, I was all "great, they've cast a pretty blonde to fulfill the "pretty blonde" role" . . . and I have to eat my words. TJ is fast becoming a favorite character, and she has been interesting all the way through. I'm hoping they keep it up - and let Ms. Huffman keep up her excellent work.

Egle01
August 6th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm hoping they keep it up - and let Ms. Huffman keep up her excellent work.I believe they will. (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/65518-Tamara-Johansen-Alaina-Huffman-Thunk-Discussion-Appreciation-*Spoilers-for-SGU*?p=11777869&viewfull=1#post11777869) ;)

Linda06
August 6th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I'd recommend you to give SGU another chance. Remind me again, when did you quit watching? After "Faith"?

AH has been amazing with TJ's pregnancy storyline, it's been one of the most enjoyable things about season 1.5 for me.

And seeing there's going to happen something between TJ and Varro, then you don't have to worry about her and Young 'ship wise. They're going to have some big scenes together, but I believe that's because of what happened in the finale.

About TJ being wallpaper'd - I'd hate to see that happen. Just so you know - episode 16 of season 2 called "The Hunt" is going to be TJ backstory episode. Personally, I'm looking forward to it. :)

Don't ask me what episode I got up to :p But it was the one when we find out about TJ being pregnant, but TBH my interest was beginning to wain before then. It was moving just a little too slow for my liking and I was getting bored (anyone who knows me knows I have a short attention span :p) :o I wasted a so many hours on the whole first season of LOST and I wasn't gonna make that mistake again ;) But I will see how this pans out first then I'll decide if it's worth another chance ;)

I was so frustrated and disappointed at how they handled the Teyla pregnancy that I was afraid the same thing would happen to TJ :o I couldn't go through that again :o

TJ was fast becoming my fave character and I'm embarrassed to say that SGA has made me very wary about trusting SG PTB, especially when it comes to the female characters :o

Now that is intriguing butI hope they don't end up forgetting about her after that episode ;)What? I'm Scottish, everyone knows we're pessimists by nature :p

Linda, I hope you will try it again sometime. I have to admit that when I first saw the SGU cast, I was all "great, they've cast a pretty blonde to fulfill the "pretty blonde" role" . . . and I have to eat my words. TJ is fast becoming a favorite character, and she has been interesting all the way through. I'm hoping they keep it up - and let Ms. Huffman keep up her excellent work.

When I first saw the cast I was excited that they cast Louis Ferriera or Justin Louis, whatever he's calling himself these days ;) cause I saw him on the series "Missing" and I liked him, he quickly became a favourite from the start but as certain things happened I kinda cooled to him *shrugs* I didn't really think much about Alaina when I first saw her pic when they cast her, but after seeing her in the show, even though she didn't do much at first I slowly came to like her very much. I liked her attitude :)

But I'm very cautious now with SG PTB and I will no longer go in head first. Like I said I will see how this all pans out and see how and if they use TJ in good ways before I decide on whether to come back to it :D

Everlovin
August 6th, 2010, 12:21 PM

Oh, you are wonderful! I'm really starting to consider watching a second season. *sighs over Mike Dupod* Guess I'll have to watch for him as well!

With all of this talk of watching S2, is there somewhere I can still watch S1.5? Hulu? SyFy?

VampyreWraith
August 15th, 2010, 06:09 AM
There's been hints coming from Alaina, too. About a possible love interest for TJ, who isn't Young.

I like Varro so far and I like TJ, and I liked their interactions together in Incursion. I wouldn't mind these two together. :)

Egle01
August 15th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I like Varro so far and I like TJ, and I liked their interactions together in Incursion. I wouldn't mind these two together. :)Right now I can't imagine them together, but let's see what season 2 brings.

VampyreWraith
August 15th, 2010, 06:16 AM
A lot of it depends on the direction they take Varro for me and about what happens with the baby part of the story line. I'm looking forward to season 2 to see how it plays out.

Egle01
August 15th, 2010, 06:23 AM
A lot of it depends on the direction they take Varro for me and about what happens with the baby part of the story line. I'm looking forward to season 2 to see how it plays out.Varro seemed to be a nice guy (to TJ, not the threatening to kill Rush part :P), but he's still member of the Lucian Alliance, whose actions lead to the situation of many injured and the loss of her baby. I have a feeling Varro will do something to redeem that.

VampyreWraith
August 15th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Varro seemed to be a nice guy (to TJ, not the threatening to kill Rush part :P), but he's still member of the Lucian Alliance, whose actions lead to the situation of many injured and the loss of her baby. I have a feeling Varro will do something to redeem that.

Varro does seem pretty nice and reasonable, unlike the other guy whose name I can't remember or don't know(the one who started giving orders after Kiva got shot).
I hope Varro does something to redeem that because he seems to be an interesting character(and I like the actor lol); maybe he'll help bring both sides together. Thats kinda what I'm hoping for.

Egle01
August 15th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Varro does seem pretty nice and reasonable, unlike the other guy whose name I can't remember or don't know(the one who started giving orders after Kiva got shot). I don't remember the name either... Dannic maybe? But it's the bald guy, right?

I hope Varro does something to redeem that because he seems to be an interesting character(and I like the actor lol); maybe he'll help bring both sides together. Thats kinda what I'm hoping for.But I wonder what he could do. Save the military personnel from being executed, perhaps?

siles
August 15th, 2010, 06:48 AM

I agree, it's likehttp://forum.gateworld.net/modcp/moderate.php?do=posts#posts in SG-1 pairing Sam with Baa'l :(

VampyreWraith
August 15th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I don't remember the name either... Dannic maybe? But it's the bald guy, right?

But I wonder what he could do. Save the military personnel from being executed, perhaps?

yea the bald guy; I didn't like him.
I think he can help save the military personnel and help out TJ. He could also maybe help negotiate a truce between the two sides. He seems pretty reasonable to me. I'd get annoyed if he ends up back-stabbing TJ or using her in some way.

xxxevilgrinxxx
August 15th, 2010, 06:58 AM
well, in Human, there is a foreshadowing of a source in the LA from which they learned about the Icarus planet. Maybe it's Varro and that makes a ship all the more palatable?

VampyreWraith
August 15th, 2010, 07:04 AM
well, in Human, there is a foreshadowing of a source in the LA from which they learned about the Icarus planet. Maybe it's Varro and that makes a ship all the more palatable?

That would be good if its him.

Linda06
August 15th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Varro does seem pretty nice and reasonable, unlike the other guy whose name I can't remember or don't know(the one who started giving orders after Kiva got shot).
I hope Varro does something to redeem that because he seems to be an interesting character(and I like the actor lol); maybe he'll help bring both sides together. Thats kinda what I'm hoping for.

I haven't seen the interaction between TJ/Varro yet. But I would prefer this to TJ/Young.

VampyreWraith
August 15th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I haven't seen the interaction between TJ/Varro yet. But I would prefer this to TJ/Young.

I would prefer anything to TJ/Young. I really didn't like them together for a lot of reasons.

Linda06
August 15th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I would prefer anything to TJ/Young. I really didn't like them together for a lot of reasons.

I like TJ and I like Young, and I think they could have developed a really good friendship. But not the other ship ;)

Oh and hey look at that, we're on the same side of the fence this time :p

VampyreWraith
August 15th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I like TJ and I like Young, and I think they could have developed a really good friendship. But not the other ship ;)

Oh and hey look at that, we're on the same side of the fence this time :p

LOL yeah we're on the same side this time. I like them individually and as friends too but nothing more. :)

Linda06
August 15th, 2010, 08:57 AM
LOL yeah we're on the same side this time. I like them individually and as friends too but nothing more. :)

Well you can be safe in the knowledge that you will always be right, even when you are wrong :D ;)

VampyreWraith
August 15th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Well you can be safe in the knowledge that you will always be right, even when you are wrong :D ;)

Everyone is safe in that knowledge lol :D

Linda06
August 15th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Only when they agree with me :D :p

VampyreWraith
August 15th, 2010, 09:31 AM
only when they agree with me :d :p

lol :p :D

Egle01
August 16th, 2010, 11:11 AM
well, in Human, there is a foreshadowing of a source in the LA from which they learned about the Icarus planet. Maybe it's Varro and that makes a ship all the more palatable?I think the source was Telford.

MrsB108
September 23rd, 2010, 04:18 AM
Woot! Who else saw the TJ/Varro clip from the new S2 trailer! Varro says something to TJ like "Its been awhile since I've last seen you...." or something like that. And does he hold her hand? I forget.....

Egle01
September 23rd, 2010, 04:41 AM
Still. I can't picture them together.

xxxevilgrinxxx
September 23rd, 2010, 07:00 AM
it does look like it's going that way
I hate to think what further weight this is going to put on Young

Egle01
September 23rd, 2010, 08:02 AM
it does look like it's going that wayThere have been hints and stuff, so I'm pretty sure it does go there. I'd like to see how did the writers manage to get those together. After everything that's happened, it doesn't make much sense for me.

There's some big twist coming. Has to be. :P

I hate to think what further weight this is going to put on YoungBring on the angst and emotional whump.

SGeff
September 23rd, 2010, 08:31 AM
i am confused, does that mean the LA members will stay forever, but both Julie Mcnevin and Robert Knepper signed for limited episodes. Or it's just both Ginn and Simeon will be killed off.

xxxevilgrinxxx
September 23rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
i am confused, does that mean the LA members will stay forever, but both Julie Mcnevin and Robert Knepper signed for limited episodes. Or it's just both Ginn and Simeon will be killed off.

it doesn't have to be forever :)

and yes, bring on the angst!

Linda06
September 23rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Woot! Who else saw the TJ/Varro clip from the new S2 trailer! Varro says something to TJ like "Its been awhile since I've last seen you...." or something like that. And does he hold her hand? I forget.....

I could have got behind this ship...But that was before I saw the last couple of eps of season 1, I'm not so sure after all that's happened.

There have been hints and stuff, so I'm pretty sure it does go there. I'd like to see how did the writers manage to get those together. After everything that's happened, it doesn't make much sense for me.

There's some big twist coming. Has to be. :P

Bring on the angst and emotional whump.

Angst? Did someone say angst? http://bestsmileys.com/happy/1.gif

Egle01
September 23rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
I could have got behind this ship...But that was before I saw the last couple of eps of season 1, I'm not so sure after all that's happened.Exactly. Now I'm curious. How could this ship work? What will happen?

Linda06
September 23rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Exactly. Now I'm curious. How could this ship work? What will happen?

I don't know how they'll make this work if they go ahead with it. He has a lot to do to redeem himself. I don't know if he'll ever be able to redeem himself.

Egle01
September 23rd, 2010, 11:12 AM
I don't know how they'll make this work if they go ahead with it. He has a lot to do to redeem himself. I don't know if he'll ever be able to redeem himself.I have a little theory, it's based on nothing, but what if some Alliance members were also brainwashed like Telford? And Varro being one of them. And even Eli's girl?

TJ/Varro ship aside, I can't also imagine our crew working together with members of LA.

VampyreWraith
September 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
I still like the possibility of TJ/Varro. I like how both characters interacted with each other. For me they would have to redeem Varro a bit, which I can easily see, because he really doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. He just seems like hes someone whos done what hes needed to do in life. He'll probably have some kind of tragic backstory or something; so he could seem more sympathetic. I dunno. I could see it as a possibility and actually not minding it, as long as its done slowly, building trust and friendship between the 2 characters first; and actually showing the viewers those moments would help. I don't just want to be told that they're bffs all of a sudden in one ep and have them sleeping together in the next ep.

Linda06
September 23rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
I have a little theory, it's based on nothing, but what if some Alliance members were also brainwashed like Telford? And Varro being one of them. And even Eli's girl?

TJ/Varro ship aside, I can't also imagine our crew working together with members of LA.

hmm I like that theory and I think that's the only theory that'll redeem Varro in my eyes and make it possible for their to be a romance between Varro and TJ. I can't see it working any other way, especially not if he was resposible for his own actions. I can't see how she would ever be able to forgive him.

Linda06
September 23rd, 2010, 12:08 PM
I still like the possibility of TJ/Varro. I like how both characters interacted with each other. For me they would have to redeem Varro a bit, which I can easily see, because he really doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. He just seems like hes someone whos done what hes needed to do in life. He'll probably have some kind of tragic backstory or something; so he could seem more sympathetic. I dunno. I could see it as a possibility and actually not minding it, as long as its done slowly, building trust and friendship between the 2 characters first; and actually showing the viewers those moments would help. I don't just want to be told that they're bffs all of a sudden in one ep and have them sleeping together in the next ep.

But isn't that the Stargate way? :p Either putting them together from no where or dragging it along to death and back? :p

Egle01
September 23rd, 2010, 12:12 PM
But isn't that the Stargate way? :p Either putting them together from no where or dragging it along to death and back? :pMaybe this time it'll have fair amount of both. :P

VampyreWraith
September 23rd, 2010, 12:39 PM
But isn't that the Stargate way? :p Either putting them together from no where or dragging it along to death and back? :p

Maybe, they've learned their lesson lol (what? I can hope lol :P). I don't mind the dragging out too much(I actually prefer it to people saying "I love you" or getting into bed out of no where) as long as there is some definate resolution one way or another at the end. I prefer not to have loose ends; it just causes too many issues when feelings or potential relationships remain unresolved at the end of a series lol :P.

Linda06
September 23rd, 2010, 12:46 PM
Maybe this time it'll have fair amount of both. :P

Third time lucky then? :p

Maybe, they've learned their lesson lol (what? I can hope lol :P). I don't mind the dragging out too much(I actually prefer it to people saying "I love you" or getting into bed out of no where) as long as there is some definate resolution one way or another at the end. I prefer not to have loose ends; it just causes too many issues when feelings or potential relationships remain unresolved at the end of a series lol :P.

I don't mind the dragging out either....To a point......BUT 10 PLUS YEARS??? Yeah that's overkill :p

VampyreWraith
September 23rd, 2010, 01:02 PM
Third time lucky then? :p

I don't mind the dragging out either....To a point......BUT 10 PLUS YEARS??? Yeah that's overkill :p

It is a bit of overkill, but don't really mind as long as it gets resolved one way or another. If your talking S/J there, that should've been dealt with in a definate way by season 9 or at the very least by the series finale. I was rewatching JAG, and I honestly didn't mind them dragging out Mac/Harm until the finale, I actually preferred it that way lol :P

Linda06
September 23rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
It is a bit of overkill, but don't really mind as long as it gets resolved one way or another. If your talking S/J there, that should've been dealt with in a definate way by season 9 or at the very least by the series finale. I was rewatching JAG, and I honestly didn't mind them dragging out Mac/Harm until the finale, I actually preferred it that way lol :P

Yes I was referring to S/J and it still isn't resolved :mckay: As for Harm/Mac. Well they dragged it on that long that in the end I didn't care if they got together or not. I think they can drag it on for too long and that can almost be as bad as romance coming out of thin air ;) For me anyways :)

But if they want pointers on how to do proper development in the romance department then I would look no further than DS9 and B5 :D

VampyreWraith
September 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
See I usually don't care too much about when/if a relationship I do like ever happens but reslolution of some kind either way at the end is good. But I'm usually bothered when a relationship I don't like happens, but again if it happens at the end I wouldn't be as bothered by it as if I had to sit through yrs of it. I don't know if that makes sense. I could explain further if it doesn't lol. Thats just me lol. Anyway S/J should have/could have been resloved once Jack left.

I agree that both DS9 and B5 did relationships well.

Linda06
September 23rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
See I usually don't care too much about when/if a relationship I do like ever happens but reslolution of some kind either way at the end is good. But I'm usually bothered when a relationship I don't like happens, but again if it happens at the end I wouldn't be as bothered by it as if I had to sit through yrs of it. I don't know if thaty makes sense. I could explain further if it doesn't lol. Thanks just me lol. Anyway S/J should have/could have been resloved once Jack left.

Yep I understand perfectly ;)

VampyreWraith
September 23rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
Yep I understand perfectly ;)

Cool lol :D

Linda06
September 24th, 2010, 05:11 AM
See I usually don't care too much about when/if a relationship I do like ever happens but reslolution of some kind either way at the end is good. But I'm usually bothered when a relationship I don't like happens, but again if it happens at the end I wouldn't be as bothered by it as if I had to sit through yrs of it. I don't know if that makes sense. I could explain further if it doesn't lol. Thats just me lol. Anyway S/J should have/could have been resloved once Jack left.

As for how long it takes, I just thought about this, yes sometimes I can be a bit slow :p Anywho, I loved the Odo/Kira ship in DS9 and that took 6 years to develop to the stage of romance. So I think I don't mind how long it takes just so long as it's done right and Odo/Kira is a prime example of a ship ticking all the right boxes.It may have taken a while for Kira to realise how much she cared for Odo (cause he knew how he felt years before ;) but it was never hinted at then put on the back burner almost forgotten and then brought back out to suddenly resolve. Their relationship developed over the course of 6 years and us the viewers got to see this development. The worst thing that happened on TV shows is important stuff all happening off screen :rolleyes: As for Harm/Mac, well they hinted at it for a while then it was put away then they brought it back out for a while to give it an airing then it was shoved in a closet somewhere again till near the end of the show where they thought they'd just go *poof* and resolve it. By that time I gave up caring :o Another thing I hate with ships is when they give us all this will they/won't they crap and nothing much happens till the show is nearing it's conclusion and they decide they have to get them together now and then......THE END. At least with Odo/Kira we got a whole season and a bit after they got together to enjoy it :D

Still waiting on Sam/Jack resloution, I have a feeling hell will freeze over first before we get that :p

But I really do hope they have learned by their numerous past mistakes from SG1 and SGA and don't do the same mistakes on SGU. I'd like to see a good mature healthy relationship on SGU.You know, with both of them having mutual respect for one another. I think if they can find a way to redeem Varro he and TJ could have that. I really do hope they can redeem him cause before all hell broke loose I was really beginning to like him.

And now I'm rambling so I'll shut up for now :p

VampyreWraith
September 24th, 2010, 05:43 AM
As for how long it takes, I just thought about this, yes sometimes I can be a bit slow :p Anywho, I loved the Odo/Kira ship in DS9 and that took 6 years to develop to the stage of romance. So I think I don't mind how long it takes just so long as it's done right and Odo/Kira is a prime example of a ship ticking all the right boxes.It may have taken a while for Kira to realise how much she cared for Odo (cause he knew how he felt years before ;) but it was never hinted at then put on the back burner almost forgotten and then brought back out to suddenly resolve. Their relationship developed over the course of 6 years and us the viewers got to see this development. The worst thing that happened on TV shows is important stuff all happening off screen :rolleyes: As for Harm/Mac, well they hinted at it for a while then it was put away then they brought it back out for a while to give it an airing then it was shoved in a closet somewhere again till near the end of the show where they thought they'd just go *poof* and resolve it. By that time I gave up caring :o Another thing I hate with ships is when they give us all this will they/won't they crap and nothing much happens till the show is nearing it's conclusion and they decide they have to get them together now and then......THE END. At least with Odo/Kira we got a whole season and a bit after they got together to enjoy it :D

Still waiting on Sam/Jack resloution, I have a feeling hell will freeze over first before we get that :p

But I really do hope they have learned by their numerous past mistakes from SG1 and SGA and don't do the same mistakes on SGU. I'd like to see a good mature healthy relationship on SGU.You know, with both of them having mutual respect for one another. I think if they can find a way to redeem Varro he and TJ could have that. I really do hope they can redeem him cause before all hell broke loose I was really beginning to like him.

And now I'm rambling so I'll shut up for now :p

LOL, I ramble all the time, and I'm always having to tell myself to shut up lol , so its cool :P I hope they've learned their lesson too. I really did like Varro, so I'm hoping he ends up being a basically good guy, who got caught up in things and made some bad choices in his life. I actually like characters that aren't all good and don't always do the right thing; but that aren't really evil or bad and have good reasons to do what they did. I tend to find characters like that interesting. He seemed to be particularly caring towards TJ and her situation so I hope they can at least be friends but more could be interesting if done right.

Relationships have never been my main reason for watching any show so the dragging out doesn't annoy me as long as its fits the show and its not ott or too in your face(those are the kind I generally don't like anyway). Kira/Odo were cool and I did like what they with that.:D Hopefully hell won't freeze over before Sam/Jack happen, cuz that should happen in an sg1 movie, and I want another movie. :)
Ok now I'm the one rambling and should shut up lol :P

Egle01
September 24th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I really do hope they can redeem him cause before all hell broke loose I was really beginning to like him.When was that? "Subversion"?

Linda06
September 24th, 2010, 08:00 AM
LOL, I ramble all the time, and I'm always having to tell myself to shut up lol , so its cool :P I hope they've learned their lesson too. I really did like Varro, so I'm hoping he ends up being a basically good guy, who got caught up in things and made some bad choices in his life. I actually like characters that aren't all good and don't always do the right thing; but that aren't really evil or bad and have good reasons to do what they did. I tend to find characters like that interesting. He seemed to be particularly caring towards TJ and her situation so I hope they can at least be friends but more could be interesting if done right.

Relationships have never been my main reason for watching any show so the dragging out doesn't annoy me as long as its fits the show and its not ott or too in your face(those are the kind I generally don't like anyway). Kira/Odo were cool and I did like what they with that.:D Hopefully hell won't freeze over before Sam/Jack happen, cuz that should happen in an sg1 movie, and I want another movie. :)
Ok now I'm the one rambling and should shut up lol :P

I hope so too, I think if they kept him around it could be a good thing :D I do hate OTT romance too ;)

I hope we get some kind of resolution in the next movie....If it ever gets made :S

Rambling is good for the soul :p

When was that? "Subversion"?

Um.....I can't remember. I think the last ep when everything went to hell in a hand basket. When the whole plan went down the drain.

Or did you mean when I started liking the guy? Okay I'm tired cause I haven't been sleeping well lately so you'll have to forgive my confusion :o

Egle01
September 24th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Um.....I can't remember. I think the last ep when everything went to hell in a hand basket. When the whole plan went down the drain.

Or did you mean when I started liking the guy? Okay I'm tired cause I haven't been sleeping well lately so you'll have to forgive my confusion :oBoth? :D When did you find Varro to be likable?

Linda06
September 24th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Both? :D When did you find Varro to be likable?

In the infirmary, when he was talking to TJ (well he was talking, she was ignoring, or trying to :p) He didn't seem like a bad guy, just a guy in a bad situation and I thought "he could be the one to turn on the LA" But then everything started to fall apart and he killed that guy for trying to protect himself and TJ from being killed.

Egle01
September 24th, 2010, 08:30 AM
In the infirmary, when he was talking to TJ (well he was talking, she was ignoring, or trying to :p) He didn't seem like a bad guy, just a guy in a bad situation and I thought "he could be the one to turn on the LA" But then everything started to fall apart and he killed that guy for trying to protect himself and TJ from being killed.He didn't seem like e bad guy when he threatened to kill Rush? :P Of course he could've been just, eh, motivating Rush. :D

VampyreWraith
September 24th, 2010, 08:40 AM
He didn't seem like e bad guy when he threatened to kill Rush? :P Of course he could've been just, eh, motivating Rush. :D

Well, if Varro didn't properly motivate Rush; Kiva would have and that would've been worse for both of them imo. :)

Artemis-Neith
September 24th, 2010, 08:43 AM
He didn't seem like e bad guy when he threatened to kill Rush? :P Of course he could've been just, eh, motivating Rush. :D

Nah, this don't have anything to do with the question whether he's a good guy or not, it's just a question of... um, testosterone I think. This, you know, what happens when two guys meet on a place where the next woman is not too far away. ;)

But, to stay on topic. I think that T.J. and Varro is a good couple (I like them moore than T.J. and Young, but I think every woman has a bad day from time to time :P).

Linda06
September 24th, 2010, 09:01 AM

True :p He looked a bit uncomfortable when he threatened him. Which makes me think he's not a bad person deep down. Just a guy that's been caught up in a bad situation.

Nah, this don't have anything to do with the question whether he's a good guy or not, it's just a question of... um, testosterone I think. This, you know, what happens when two guys meet on a place where the next woman is not too far away. ;)

But, to stay on topic. I think that T.J. and Varro is a good couple (I like them moore than T.J. and Young, but I think every woman has a bad day from time to time :P).

I have a bad day every morning when I wake up and look in the mirror :eek: :p

Artemis-Neith
September 24th, 2010, 09:06 AM
True :p He looked a bit uncomfortable when he threatened him. Which makes me think he's not a bad person deep down. Just a guy that's been caught up in a bad situation.

I have a bad day every morning when I wake up and look in the mirror :eek: :p

You mean the whole 'I don't know who you are, but I'll brush your teeth'? No, I thought about really bad, bad days. But, don't mind. :P

Linda06
September 24th, 2010, 11:29 AM
You mean the whole 'I don't know who you are, but I'll brush your teeth'? No, I thought about really bad, bad days. But, don't mind. :P

Have you seen me first thing in the morning......NOT a pretty site :eek: :p

myhelix
September 25th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Up till now I am not a fan of this particular couple, let´s see how that will turn out? It´seems to be that Varro will probably stick around for the second season and maybe longer?
It feel´s a bit like TPTB bring a Ronon surrogate to SGU :(

I am more fan of the TJ/Rush relationship and the possibility for Young to go haywire on Rush, again ;)

Egle01
September 25th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Up till now I am not a fan of this particular couple, let´s see how that will turn out? It´seems to be that Varro will probably stick around for the second season and maybe longer? I think he's only for number of episodes. Last time I checked, someone said Varro's last episode is "Pathogen".

Egle01
September 29th, 2010, 10:16 AM
After "Intervention" Varro seems to be a good guy. Hmm. Quite likable even, dare I say. Still having trouble imagining him and TJ together, but not as much as before. :P

MattSilver 3k
September 29th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I lol'd when he told the other three important Lucian people that TJ'll be staying behind. Like two hours after meeting her. If that isn't a ship set-up, I don't know what is.

poundpuppy29
September 30th, 2010, 03:20 PM
here are some pics from season 1
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Misc%20Stargate%20stuff/normal_sgu_120_0976.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Misc%20Stargate%20stuff/normal_sgu_120_0974.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Misc%20Stargate%20stuff/normal_sgu_120_0969.jpg

VampyreWraith
September 30th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Nice pics. :D

Everlovin
September 30th, 2010, 05:06 PM
After "Intervention" Varro seems to be a good guy. Hmm. Quite likable even, dare I say. Still having trouble imagining him and TJ together, but not as much as before. :P

I think I'm seeing shades of Teal'c here. Not very obvious ones, but I can see how he was stuck in a situation he didn't really like. Noticed it Tuesday when SyFy was doing their mini-marathon with Subversion (? Is that the right episode?)

Thanks Erika for the pics! Wonderful!

VampyreWraith
September 30th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I think I'm seeing shades of Teal'c here. Not very obvious ones, but I can see how he was stuck in a situation he didn't really like. Noticed it Tuesday when SyFy was doing their mini-marathon with Subversion (? Is that the right episode?)

Thanks Erika for the pics! Wonderful!

Yeah, I noticed that too when I watched those eps the first time around. Thats why I didn't see him as being a bad guy and not that hard to redeem. He sorta reminded me of Teal'c, I mean Teal'c was a first prime and he became a member of sg1 so I didn't really see Varro as irredeemable. I really hope the do domething with these 2 characters because then I can be proud of myself for noticing it right away in Incursion Pt2 and not minding the possibility of it off the bat, which is very rare for me.

DJsGirl
October 7th, 2010, 07:56 PM
This would be an interesting pairing. I'm not sure if it will work, but still interesting. He seems to be quite concerned with TJ. Plus I like the actor, and have enjoyed seeing him through out the SG series.

They have brought in the outsider before in SG1 and SGA, and it has worked.

nx01a
October 7th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I called it the minute he was nice to her when he didn't have to be. Young and TJ really have nothing now that the baby's dead/transported/ascended/whatever, and a relationship will be something else to help push Young further over the edge.:) I hope tptb do it. TJ needs someone after all she's been through. AND he likes leather. :D

VampyreWraith
October 8th, 2010, 06:47 AM
what better reason to be with a guy than his love of leather and that fact that he looks very good in that leather. :P :D

Linda06
October 8th, 2010, 07:16 AM
what better reason to be with a guy than his love of leather and that fact that he looks very good in that leather. :P :D

*nods head* *luvs leather*

Everlovin
October 8th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Is there anything not to love about a man in leather? Honestly.

mi_guard
October 8th, 2010, 02:43 PM

Depends if you are a vegetarian or not;)

Linda06
October 9th, 2010, 04:50 AM

hmm lemme think............................................Nope can't think of anything :D

But back to the topic at hand. I'm not really sure what I think about this possible ship now :o

Promitikins
October 9th, 2010, 05:00 PM
But back to the topic at hand. I'm not really sure what I think about this possible ship now :o

Why? What do you mean? They haven't had any scenes together yet. :P I think after the selection is made...there will be more interaction between the two.

I also think he's signed on for this season as a testing thing...if the fans react positively to him, they may bring him back. I hope. *crosses fingers*

Linda06
October 10th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Why? What do you mean? They haven't had any scenes together yet. :P I think after the selection is made...there will be more interaction between the two.

I also think he's signed on for this season as a testing thing...if the fans react positively to him, they may bring him back. I hope. *crosses fingers*

Oh very funny :p Well I'll wait and reserve judgment till they have had scenes together other than the captive scenes we've had so far ;)

Everlovin
October 12th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Woohoo! Tonight we got some flirting and some bonding. I'll watch it again for specifics, but it was sweet!

poundpuppy29
October 13th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I think they are setting this up to be an official ship I think

MattSilver 3k
October 13th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Until one of 'em dies. Nobody shall be happy on a DARK and GRITTY Stargate! So mote it be! :P

Promitikins
October 13th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah but I didn't really LIKE their flirting. It's like...what...? I expected a bit more angst. Though...I don't like angst. But it seems a bit called for here? Or a bit more seriousness. Not a little smirk after the "thank you" from her. :S

And did he come off a bit TOO open? The wife story? Why are you suddenly spilling your guts? I know you feel a connection but...or maybe it's just me. I wouldn't share that much right off the bat.

I guess I'm trying to say that...it's going...TOO fast?

A bit slower--but not painstakingly slow--would've been nicer.

Or...SUBTLE!!!! THAT'S THE WORD! A bit more subtle. =D

Everlovin
October 13th, 2010, 01:40 PM
You want subtle from Stargate? That simply does not happen. I will grant you the openness of Varro tends to be different from how tptb usually handles things.

Icarium
October 15th, 2010, 05:43 AM
I think I'm becoming a shipper ;)

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Wallie/th_varro_edited-1.jpg (http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Wallie/?action=view&current=varro_edited-1.jpg)

Everlovin
October 15th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Beautiful art there, Icarium!

Krystal
October 17th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I'm in that wagon, all for Young out and Varro in with TJ. ;)

Janus
October 17th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I'm in that wagon, all for Young out and Varro in with TJ. ;)

Seconded. Young needs to focus on getting them home and keeping Rush in line.

PotRoast
October 17th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Watching an oil change would describe TJ and Young together. There is no chemistry. Each is great in their own right but not together. Now Varro and TJ finally bring sophistication to the Stargate sagas.

happyatlantis
October 17th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I'm actually liking this ship. I think there could be something between them.

Watching an oil change would describe TJ and Young together. There is no chemistry. Each is great in their own right but not together. Now Varro and TJ finally bring sophistication to the Stargate sagas.

Nice comparison. I think it fits them well. I like Young and I like TJ but just not together.
Oh and welcome to Gateworld Forum!

happyatlantis
October 17th, 2010, 11:39 AM

He was motivating Rush the same way Sheppard motivated Rodney - threat of impending death makes him work miracles!

PotRoast
October 18th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Thank you for the welcome. I'm glad to have stumbled onto this group. Looking forward to Tuesday. Wish they would go back to Friday but not my call.
PR

PotRoast
October 18th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for welcoming me to the group.

Pharaoh Atem
October 19th, 2010, 08:32 PM
i'm starting to support these two

VampyreWraith
October 19th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I like them too. So far I haven't had any kind of issues with pairing them up, which is surprising for me lol.

Pharaoh Atem
October 19th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I like them too. So far I haven't had any kind of issues with pairing them up, which is surprising for me lol.

part of my problem was i didn't understand which one was varro

VampyreWraith
October 19th, 2010, 08:44 PM
part of my problem was i didn't understand which one was varro

were you thinking of the other guy in Incursion, Coz(sp)?or Dannic?

MattSilver 3k
October 20th, 2010, 02:06 AM
**** it. If they're going full boar with this ship, I'm in. Give that poor girl some happiness...

MrsB108
October 20th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Diggin' the growing progress between them......

Egle01
October 20th, 2010, 07:21 AM
i'm starting to support these twoI'm the opposite, I guess. Maybe knowing it's all a set up, and (I assume) eventually they're going to hook up, it doesn't feel very natural.

Everlovin
October 20th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Really, it's only Varro and the possibility of this ship that is enticing me to watch.

PotRoast
October 20th, 2010, 08:23 AM
The evil elf (Simian) is really cool. He's such a bad boy! Hope Varro can keep him in line. Young has his hands full with Rush and now comes his evil twin! As to Varro and Tj last night, well, we'll see. A little frosty which is good.
Love this show.

PotRoast
November 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
*Spoilers for Trial and Error
Tonight is suppose to be about TJ and Young. Remember, exciting as an oil change. However, some other interesting things are supposed to happen. We'll see.

rhee
November 3rd, 2010, 07:11 AM
And did he come off a bit TOO open? The wife story? Why are you suddenly spilling your guts? I know you feel a connection but...or maybe it's just me. I wouldn't share that much right off the bat.

I guess I'm trying to say that...it's going...TOO fast?

A bit slower--but not painstakingly slow--would've been nicer.

Or...SUBTLE!!!! THAT'S THE WORD! A bit more subtle. =D

In lieu of being able to keep Varro for myself (one can dream, right? ;-) ) I support this ship, but I completely agree. Where did that wife story come from?? Far too much, far too soon.

But I am looking forward to see where things are going. :-)

Jeyla4ever
November 3rd, 2010, 12:15 PM
I love the idea of these two and they are the only reason I'm even starting to watch the show. But Varro hasn't been in it for two weeks now...*grumbles*

Jeyla4ever
November 3rd, 2010, 07:45 PM
made these for everlovin

Season 2 spoilers...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/Jeyla4ever/General%20Sets/th_varro2.jpg (http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/Jeyla4ever/General%20Sets/?action=view&current=varro2.jpg) http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/Jeyla4ever/General%20Sets/th_varro.jpg (http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/Jeyla4ever/General%20Sets/?action=view&current=varro.jpg)

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/Jeyla4ever/General%20Sets/varrosig2.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/Jeyla4ever/General%20Sets/varrosig.jpg[/QUOTE]

VampyreWraith
November 3rd, 2010, 08:05 PM
Really cool to see so many people liking these two. :D

Everlovin
November 4th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Jeyla! I still love the sigs!

Made one myself. :o With my skinnier size :o Plus, I'm not near as talented as Jeyla.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/My%20art/VTJ-Whatsmeanttobe.jpg

Jeyla4ever
November 4th, 2010, 07:21 AM
It's beautiful, Ever...I love that scene!

Everlovin
November 4th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I've only got the three caps posted earlier on this thread of these two. I need to go find more. Hoping to find some on that site Lah posted yesterday on the Varro thread.

Everlovin
November 4th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I've been through and grabbed a bunch of caps from that site. We'll see what I come up with.

Any word on if there will be some more Varro/TJ in this next episode? He could be assigned to protect and aid her whenever there are alien incursions. Yes?

Linda06
November 5th, 2010, 07:14 AM
The juries still out for me with these two. I'm still on the fence, but we haven't seen that much interaction between them the last few eps so I'm waiting and seeing how it plays out.

PotRoast
November 5th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I think something working out between TJ/Varro would be different than the usual SciFi romance angle. A different dynamic.

Sapphire_Jade
November 19th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I am a total shipper of these 2! I think Varro is better for TJ than Young..
I made a siggy in honor of this ship..
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x252/guestlm05/GateWorldSiggys/SGU/TJVarrosiggy.jpg

I hope we get to see more between these two this season..

Everlovin
November 19th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I keep waiting! But all we've gotten so far is the other ship in the last couple of eps. I'm doomed! Doomed I tell you to ship the non-canon ship!

Sapphire_Jade
November 19th, 2010, 06:25 PM
we don't know what the writers have in store for these 2.. who knows this ship might become cannon! from the way Varro looks at TJ it looks like the writers might do something with the pair :D I have hope!! but hey I am an optimist!

Everlovin
November 19th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I have hope, but I'm not much of an optimist so much anymore with these tpb.

Sapphire_Jade
November 19th, 2010, 06:57 PM
i understand that.. *send tptb mental messages..* (in a hypnotizing voice) ~~~Ship TJ and Varro...Ship TJ and Varro~~~
lol..

Everlovin
November 19th, 2010, 06:58 PM
You will ship TJ/Varro You will ship TJ/Varro!

Maybe if we whisper it to them in their sleep?

Sapphire_Jade
November 19th, 2010, 08:06 PM
good idea!! I have heard that really works :D let's get their addy's and sneak in in the middle of the night to whisper that while they sleep! :D anything to get our ship right?...lol..

Everlovin
November 19th, 2010, 08:31 PM
It's a long way from here to Vancouver though.

Sapphire_Jade
November 19th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Vancouver is pretty far from me too.. but like I said anything to get our ship! :D

Linda06
November 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Find out what songs they listen to most and add in subliminal messages ;)

Everlovin
November 21st, 2010, 02:55 PM
I bet we could. Just overlay their radio stations with subliminal messages or something. Of course, there will be people who don't watch the show that are now shipping TJ/Varro! :P

Linda06
November 21st, 2010, 03:18 PM
I bet we could. Just overlay their radio stations with subliminal messages or something. Of course, there will be people who don't watch the show that are now shipping TJ/Varro! :P

Well isn't that what you want? To brainwash convince folks it's what they want ;) :p

Everlovin
November 21st, 2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah, but I'll bet there will be people out there - boring people - who only watch CNN and listen to X kind of music and never watch scifi that are all of a sudden shipping TJ/Varro and they don't know what shipping is nor who TJ/Varro are. :P

I'm not saying we can't. I'm just saying it'll be funny to watch those people.

Linda06
November 21st, 2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah, but I'll bet there will be people out there - boring people - who only watch CNN and listen to X kind of music and never watch scifi that are all of a sudden shipping TJ/Varro and they don't know what shipping is nor who TJ/Varro are. :P

I'm not saying we can't. I'm just saying it'll be funny to watch those people.
Now I wanna see this happen :D Should be so much fun watching all those folks shipping a ship they don't even know :D

Everlovin
November 21st, 2010, 03:38 PM
They'll be composing poetry or something. They'll have happy smiles on their faces and believe in love just a little more.

Kermee
November 21st, 2010, 03:59 PM
I think it will be a Young/TJ/Varro ship.
A Manwich for TJ!;)
Lucky girl!:D

Linda06
November 21st, 2010, 04:11 PM
They'll be composing poetry or something. They'll have happy smiles on their faces and believe in love just a little more.
Make love, not war? :D

I think it will be a Young/TJ/Varro ship.
A Manwich for TJ!;)
Lucky girl!:D:lol: I almost choked there :p

PotRoast
November 22nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
What if they do not get a third season? I am so sick of watching television that is geared to the sixth grade!!!!!!!! The chemistry is so great with TJ/Varro, not sixth grade stuff. I will just throw a tantrum if this show is dropped!

Sapphire_Jade
November 22nd, 2010, 05:32 PM
What if they do not get a third season? I am so sick of watching television that is geared to the sixth grade!!!!!!!! The chemistry is so great with TJ/Varro, not sixth grade stuff. I will just throw a tantrum if this show is dropped!
I agree about TJ/Varro ship being more mature than other ships..

Off topic on SGU being dropped
To be honest I have hope for a 3rd season of SGU.. I know a lot of people of scared because Caprica got axed, but if you look at Caprica's ratings it really never saw above the 1mil mark it was always 800 or 900k SGU had only dropped below the 1mil mark in ratings once that I can recall. It's been getting a steady flow of around 1.2 mil every week. I don't think SyFy will drop SGU.. would they like to see higher ratings? sure! especially since SGA and SG-1 got a lot higher ratings, but SyFy likes this franchise and is trying their hardest to bring viewers into this part of it, but 1.2mil viewers every week is pretty good for a small network like Syfy especially on a Tuesday where there are shows on the main network channels that SGU had to battle with! I hope they try and put SGU back on friday nights and have Sanctuary as a lead in. I think that might boost ratings especially with how well Sanctuary is doing..

PotRoast
November 27th, 2010, 08:09 AM
OK, thanks Sapphire-Jade! I feel better. No tantrum yet. Last episode made me think they have cleared the way for TJ/Varro to go exploring together. Hope so!

Sapphire_Jade
November 27th, 2010, 10:17 PM
your welcome :D I hope so too! I really want to see more screen time between the two!

Sapphire_Jade
November 30th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Resurgence
Great scenes between these two characters in this ep!! Varro even says.. "I haven't seen you in a while" that implies that TJ has been visiting him! There is hope for our ship yet!!!! :D It will become canon!!!!! :D I loved how he put his hand on hers too EEEKKKK!!!! okay fangirl moment over..lol...

Everlovin
December 1st, 2010, 06:17 AM
What's the episode called? Resurgence? *goes up and checks Jade's post*

I am also now officially calling TJ, Tamara in my head. Everyone else calls her TJ, but it sounded special when Varro called her Tamara.

Egle01
December 1st, 2010, 07:07 AM
"Resurgence" -
I liked how Varro went to help TJ in the infirmary. Aww. :)

Everlovin
December 1st, 2010, 07:15 AM
How do you think Varro will be integrated in the Destiny crew? Assistant to Tamara? Her protector maybe if he has to go offworld (how's it referred to in SGU as they aren't "onworld"?)?

PotRoast
December 1st, 2010, 07:54 AM
This is a good scientific example of chemistry at work! These two are great together and hope this relationship continues to slowly build. I think he's too strong to be an assistant to her and that would seem to go against character for him. I think she's attracted to him for his strength. It will be great to see this play out and for them to find their common ground. Ship ahoy!

Sapphire_Jade
December 1st, 2010, 06:40 PM
How do you think Varro will be integrated in the Destiny crew? Assistant to Tamara? Her protector maybe if he has to go offworld (how's it referred to in SGU as they aren't "onworld"?)?

I believe they are keeping with the term "off world" just because that is the term they are used to using when going to other planets.

And I could see Varro eventually becoming one of the regulars that go off world to check out planets and such.. He does have a long way to go to prove him self trustworthy enough to go off world though. I agree with PotRoast being an assistant doesn't go with Varro's character, but I could see him being Tamara's body guard every time she needs to go off world to get medicinals :D

Everlovin
December 2nd, 2010, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I can see that. It's just Young completely underused him - or maybe it was simply tptb in the one where Ginn/Mandy got killed. I don't know the ep names. Sorry.

That ^^ led me to think it would be a long time or a very desperate situation for Young to trust Varro offworld with Destiny crew.

VampyreWraith
December 2nd, 2010, 06:34 PM
Some TJ/Varro caps from Resurgence.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-2.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-6.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-13.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-15.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-19.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-33.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-35.jpg

VampyreWraith
December 2nd, 2010, 06:44 PM
More caps of TJ/Varro from Resurgence.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-49.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-53.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-58.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-65.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-67.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-79.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-81.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-87.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-90.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-91.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-94.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-110.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-114.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-118.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-129.jpg

Ok I got a bit carried away capping that scene. Here's some more(over140 pics from that scene)http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/?start=all

Sapphire_Jade
December 2nd, 2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks You for the caps!! I loved that scene!!! :D

VampyreWraith
December 2nd, 2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks You for the caps!! I loved that scene!!! :D

Your welcome. That was a nice scene for TJ and Varro. Both of the actors are so expressive that I got a little carried away lol. I went and deleted all the tags just in case they are too big, but the links are still there. :)

Everlovin
December 2nd, 2010, 08:10 PM
VW, those are so awesome! Thanks! I see sig making in my future!

Everlovin
December 3rd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Ok, so curtesy of VW's caps, I've managed a fairly decent sig. I just have no idea for a tag line. Any ideas?

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/My%20art/VarroTamara-Resurgence.jpg

poundpuppy29
December 3rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
can't wait for this on hulu.com I am a month behind everyone else hulu makes us wait

Everlovin
December 3rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
It was great, Erika!

Sapphire_Jade
December 3rd, 2010, 04:29 PM
Awesome sig Ever!! can't think of a tag atm, but I get the wheels turning in my head and help you think of one :D

Everlovin
December 3rd, 2010, 05:13 PM
Ok, here's the sig - with words - sized for all of you.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/My%20art/VarroTamara-Resurgence-1.jpg

Snurch it if you want it.

Edit: or just pm me as for whichever reason pb didn't upload it in the right size. :confused:

Sapphire_Jade
December 3rd, 2010, 05:16 PM
Ok, here's the sig - with words - sized for all of you.

[IM]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/My%20art/VarroTamara-Resurgence-1.jpg[/IMG]

Snurch it if you want it.

Edit: or just pm me as for whichever reason pb didn't upload it in the right size. :confused:

*snurching* :D

MrsB108
December 5th, 2010, 06:50 AM
From JM's blog: 'Also, love the obvious chemistry between Varro and T.J. As much as I love Young as a character, I think he’s bad for her. But, of course, Everett disagrees – which will make for some interesting dramatic developments later this season.'

Everlovin
December 5th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the info, MrsB!

poundpuppy29
December 6th, 2010, 01:39 PM
yay our thread now has a heart just like the other ship threads

Everlovin
December 6th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Yay! I didn't notice!

VampyreWraith
December 6th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I saw that; I wasn't really liking the :S smiley that was there before. I like the little heart much better lol :D

Everlovin very cool sig. :)

Sapphire_Jade
December 6th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah I noticed that!! YAY!! I like the little heart. This is a ship after all...

Everlovin
December 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/SG%20fangurl%20stuff/Thunkalicious/SGU/normal_sgu_120_0976.jpg

poundpuppy29
December 7th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Well I did use the report feature to bring it to the mods attention and they changed it so yay it worked

Everlovin
December 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM
From Resurgence - http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af131/VampyreWraith007/SGU/Season%202/TJ%20and%20Varro/SGU-Resurgence-t-v-133.jpg

poundpuppy29
December 16th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I think they like this ship and I edited my sig to include them

Everlovin
December 16th, 2010, 12:42 PM
You still have room down there?

Clandestine
December 16th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Ok here we go shippers :) I got the idea for these sigs from Everlovin. I did these with a love triangle theme. :D

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7613/vtesig2.jpg (http://img692.imageshack.us/i/vtesig2.jpg/)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4207/vtesig3.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/i/vtesig3.jpg/)

I didn't notice until I see them together now how similar I made them. Varro on the left, with TJ looking at Colonel Young on the right. :o:)

Everlovin
December 16th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Beautiful job!

Clandestine
December 16th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks Everlovin. :)

Sapphire_Jade
December 17th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Hey guys I just want to let you know I started a Save SGU cause on facebook if any of you have facebook and would at least like to try and save SGU join my cause...

link under my sig vvvv

PotRoast
December 24th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hey Sapphire-Jade, I've been calling all those numbers to give my thoughts on the SyFy channels' latest blunder. I told them to get rid of those who are making these insane decisions and keep SGU.

Sapphire_Jade
December 24th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Awesome! Thanks PotRoast! :D

Everlovin
January 4th, 2011, 08:39 AM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/ousuisje/SG%20fangurl%20stuff/Thunkalicious/SGU/normal_02X03_571.jpg

Varro: Tamara, I promise you won't be that cold tonight.

This post in honor of the crazy cold weather we're having in southern New Mexico. It's never this cold here!

ARealArchaeologist
January 8th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I can't believe it's been this long since I was last on :)

It's my two cents, but I am disapointed the show is cancelled, because we won't get to see this triangle really develop. There is total chemistry between TJ and Varro, and with Young still keeping his distance, she's bound to look for comfort elsewhere.

Everlovin
January 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Do not even be disappointed about a lack of triangle. Tptb have a bad track record regarding them.

I am disappointed to not know how this will all work out. But that could be a good thing.

ARealArchaeologist
January 9th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Do not even be disappointed about a lack of triangle. Tptb have a bad track record regarding them.

I am disappointed to not know how this will all work out. But that could be a good thing.

Good point, that is so true. Better to picture it myself, then have it be possibly mucked up. So many things to wonder about in regards to this show...

Everlovin
January 17th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Anybody surf through the SGU section of ff.net for Varro/Tamara fics? I know there's MrsB's out there, but are there any others?

poundpuppy29
January 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I finally got to see the scene you guys were talking about

Everlovin
January 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Wonderful, isn't it?

poundpuppy29
January 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
yep can't wait for the second half for these 2

Everlovin
February 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM
yep can't wait for the second half for these 2

I don't surf around the SGU threads too often. When do we get S2.5 and more Varro/Tamara?

Sapphire_Jade
February 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I don't think it's been announced yet Ever.. I lurk in SGU threads and there hasn't been any talk about the 2.5 premiere... also if the date was announced GW would have and article or something on the main page about it and I haven't seen anything..

Everlovin
February 5th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I just figured with SyFy doing a marathon of SGU, then it would be coming up soon.

Sapphire_Jade
February 5th, 2011, 06:31 PM
oh yeah people have commented on that.. how since there is going to be a marathon that might indicate season 2.5 might air soon, but I don't think there has been an announcement by Syfy yet as to when season 2.5 starts..

Everlovin
February 8th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Do we need to spoiler details about our ship? Everything is still new and spoilerish. :rolleyes: Anyway, which episode was it that Varro talked about his wife and daughter(?) died?

VampyreWraith
February 8th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Do we need to spoiler details about our ship? Everything is still new and spoilerish. :rolleyes: Anyway, which episode was it that Varro talked about his wife and daughter(?) died?

It was Awakening; I just watched it again. It's one of my favorite episodes. :) It's a bit after the scene where TJ has the little altercation with Simeon(this was driving me crazy because I couldn't remember which episode that scene was from)

Everlovin
February 8th, 2011, 08:37 PM
So it was a daughter that Varro lost? I've been inspired with a bit of a short fic and I want to get some points right.

VampyreWraith
February 9th, 2011, 04:45 AM
it was just his wife(I'm not sure he had a child; sorry, I didn't notice he olny said wife earlier because I couldn't understand a few words in the beginning). He said that she died three(?) yrs ago; she was on her way back from the market when she was caught in a rainstorm; the shelter that she took cover in collapsed and that she and 6 others were killed. She also never liked him being in the alliance

Everlovin
February 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Well, crap! There went that plot bunny. :( :S

Everlovin
February 11th, 2011, 02:26 PM
So it was a daughter that Varro lost? I've been inspired with a bit of a short fic and I want to get some points right.

Well, crap! There went that plot bunny. :( :S

Ok, I'm quoting myself here, but that fic ^^^^ is already 3/4 written. Do I continue and publish? Who/where do I need to e-mail the people at ff.net to add Varro to the character list?

Sapphire_Jade
February 11th, 2011, 03:34 PM
So SGU is coming back March 7th!!! I hope we get some movement on our ship!! I would love to see more Tamara and Varro!!!

<<<<notice new avatar :D

and Ever I have no idea who to contact to add a new ship.. maybe ask on the ff.net community boards??

Everlovin
February 11th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I loves the avi, Jade!

But should I publish it?

Sapphire_Jade
February 11th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I loves the avi, Jade!

But should I publish it?
YES!!! I want to read it!!!

Everlovin
February 11th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I suppose I'll round it off this weekend and put it up then. I can't be disappointing you, Jade! :)

Sapphire_Jade
February 11th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Yay!!! :D

Everlovin
February 25th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Ok, so I'm rewriting the story where Jade pointed out it needed it. Won't be too long now...(as I hide because I'm not entirely sure where my writing notebook is :o)

Sapphire_Jade
February 25th, 2011, 08:02 PM
*happy shippy dance*

can't wait to read the revised version Ever!!

Everlovin
February 25th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I've got to do my challenge for the other thread and then I'll get this all typed up.

Also, fyi, I e-mailed the ptb at ff.net to see if they could add Varro to their character list. I haven't been over there to see if they have or not.

Sapphire_Jade
February 25th, 2011, 08:08 PM
*heads to ff.net to check*

I do not see Varro on the list :(

Everlovin
February 25th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Well, bummer. It's been about a week now. Guess it'll take longer? More people bugging them?

Everlovin
March 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
So, new ep tonight? Or did I miss it last Friday or something? Any juicy spoilers?

Sapphire_Jade
March 7th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Yep New Episode TONIGHT!!!! I can't wait!!!! I hope we get some good Tamara and Varro scences in the last 10... :( aww last 10 I hate saying those words :(

oh btw Ever I am going to read your fic today I actually have the time! I don't have my computer I gave it to a friend to try to fix it's been running really slow lately :( So I am using my Wii to be on the internet. I got my old iMac keyboard out so I can type and not have to type with the stupid Wii remote. So I promise I will get to reading it today and send you back my thoughts *hugs*

Everlovin
March 7th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Awesome on both counts - new ep and the story.

Everlovin
March 8th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I didn't get to watch all of it last night. Did I miss anything?

Egle01
March 8th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I didn't get to watch all of it last night. Did I miss anything?Of course that would depend on how much did you see.

Everlovin
March 8th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Anything Varro/Tamara? I didn't see Varro at all in the time I watched.

Egle01
March 8th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Anything Varro/Tamara? I didn't see Varro at all in the time I watched.No, nothing about 'em.

Everlovin
March 8th, 2011, 09:54 AM
*sigh* :(

PotRoast
March 14th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I have to say I hate the powers that be at the SyFy Channel. The last episodes of an adult show that was well written and different. Oh well, what do I know, I'm just a paying customer! TJ and Varro were such a great match.

Everlovin
March 14th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, there's only a few good things out there scifi.

I so wish they'd do something concrete with Varro/Tamara. Any news for tonight?