Unconscious After Being Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unconscious After Being Shot?

One thing that irked me in the final episode of the Season with the way the characters who've gotten shot lapse into unconsciousness. Varro gets a round to the shoulder and he's out for a matter of hours, Telford appears to have been shot in the gut and he's out for the count, as is Kiva. SGU is supposed to be more gritty and dark than previous incarnations of the SG franchise, a bit of screaming and crying wouldnt be out of place and much more realistc along with the blood stains.
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

You're right, but I think it makes it more "cliff-hanger-y" this way
    sigpic

Comment

Shock

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

If they lost enough blood, unconsciousness is a very real possibility. Granted, none of the wounds look like blood gushers, but still possible.

Or they could all have low constitutions, or are squeamish.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          As FOB said, Shock. Especially with Kiva and Telofrd, its important to the plot that they be unconscious and also they were found some time after shooting each other. Presumably they could have been conscious for a while beforehand. Same with Varo, we only seem him sometime after the initial attack.

Comment

I am jumping on the shock bandwagon. Nothing too out of the ordinary there.
            sigpic

Comment

That being said I want screaming wounded for season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                That being said I want screaming wounded for season 2.
                Yep. Make it blood curdling!! They tested the waters by showing the smeared blood as the body was dragged away in the gateroom.....they need to now up the ante and get some blood curdling screams going!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Yep. Make it blood curdling!! They tested the waters by showing the smeared blood as the body was dragged away in the gateroom.....they need to now up the ante and get some blood curdling screams going!
                  I want a flashback to that attack on the base by the LA that Young mentioned in Subversion. That sounded suitably gruesome, arms blown off, screaming, blood.

Comment

I want a flashback to that attack on the base by the LA that Young mentioned in Subversion. That sounded suitably gruesome, arms blown off, screaming, blood.
                    That would be really cool. Will be interesting to see how far they go with the 'realism' with injuries and the violence now that there is a persistent enemy. It was never really tested in the first half of the season when they were trying to fix the air con and that sort of stuff.

Hopefully they don't wuss out and they show as much gore as they have boobs.
                    sigpic

Comment

That would be really cool. Will be interesting to see how far they go with the 'realism' with injuries and the violence now that there is a persistent enemy. It was never really tested in the first half of the season when they were trying to fix the air con and that sort of stuff.

Hopefully they don't wuss out and they show as much gore as they have boobs.
                      Err boobs? Maybe it's because I've been brought up on a diet of British tv and HBO, but boobs in a program means me actually seeing said boobs .

Anyway Stargate has never been one to back away from showing a bit of claret, but they do seem to be upping the ante with SGU. Although amusingly, the bbfc, the British ratings board, rated Incursion as a 12, the equivalent of a pg 13. Though honestly I can't remember the last time in a 12/pg 13 film where someone was executed and then dragged around leaving huge smears of blood.

Comment

Err boobs? Maybe it's because I've been brought up on a diet of British tv and HBO, but boobs in a program means me actually seeing said boobs .

Anyway Stargate has never been one to back away from showing a bit of claret, but they do seem to be upping the ante with SGU. Although amusingly, the bbfc, the British ratings board, rated Incursion as a 12, the equivalent of a pg 13. Though honestly I can't remember the last time in a 12/pg 13 film where someone was executed and then dragged around leaving huge smears of blood.
                        If blood smeared corpses get a pg13 rating, I want to see an R18+ movie in the UK!! Would probably just be a snuff film haha
                        sigpic

Comment

If blood smeared corpses get a pg13 rating, I want to see an R18+ movie in the UK!! Would probably just be a snuff film haha
                          Look up films like Harry Brown.

Comment

Look up films like Harry Brown.
                            Thats Michael Caines latest isnt it? I really really enjoyed that when we watched it a few months ago, its frighteningly realistic in its portrayal of some of the inner city estates in the UK.
                            Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              this

*sighs sadly* I still think I'm getting ripped off somewhere and that maybe Canada is getting the SGU versions without the sex and now boobs that everyone keeps talking about. Are they only in the US versions?

as for blood, there's been blood splattered about on occasion, but it's a dark set; it's not going to be jumping out at you all red...well, except in the gateroom, in a big old smear as they dragged Rivers away
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                              X